Author Topic: Ido thread: 東方真珠島 ~ Hollow Song of Birds  (Read 100108 times)

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: トライフォーカサー - Photo game from TLC/MPP/RSS team
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2017, 07:57:55 PM »
8 has a very strange phrase in it that I can't figure out how to translate without it being awkward.

Hmm, I'd leave it at
Spoiler:
The Pure Fruitless Flower ~ Absolute Lily
but I have a feeling that would be wrong...

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2017, 09:50:43 PM »
It's mostly there's a phrase in there that is typically translated as "referred to as" or "named", that kind of idea, so I figured to keep that in.
Spoiler:
The Fruitless Flower Known as Purity
might work out, then?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2017, 10:34:36 PM »
It's mostly there's a phrase in there that is typically translated as "referred to as" or "named", that kind of idea, so I figured to keep that in.

You mean the "naru" part? That's just a fancy/old-fashioned adjectival form. (Examples here & here.) "Pure Fruitless Flower" is accurate.

Also the Staff Roll theme is a spoof on part of the lyrics to Ningen tte ii na: "denguri kaette bai bai bai" --> "tengu ga kaette bai bai bai"

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2017, 12:45:40 AM »
Huh. Well there's my lack of Japanese knowledge understanding showing. :V
And in that case... the last one's translation I'm not 100% sure of because turning "A quick somersault and bye bye bye" to a thing would be... I dunno, "A Tengu and Bye Bye Bye"? References are sometimes weird.

Speaking of references, I went through a couple of the character titles and spell cards for fun. Momo's title is something like "Super Squirrel Level Mouse Youkai", one of Mishandra's spell cards is "Majin Benefit", and one of An's is "World Kodamaizer". Strange references abound.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2017, 12:57:59 AM »
And in that case... the last one's translation I'm not 100% sure of because turning "A quick somersault and bye bye bye" to a thing would be... I dunno, "A Tengu and Bye Bye Bye"? References are sometimes weird.

"The Tengu Go Home Now, Bye Bye Bye" is probably fine? Even if the somersault pun gets lost in translation, it's easy enough to make the phrase look like a children's-song sort of thing.

Also yeah ohhhhhh my godddddd there's so many dumb meme puns in this game, I love itttt

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2017, 07:58:10 AM »
doing this because i hate myself (no it didn't time out)

What I hated the most about this spellcard is that Kiyohime's got a stupidly gigantic sprite and yet it feels like her hitbox is the size of a chickpea. 

While tons of these spellcards are super fun to do, gosh, some of these things are poorly designed.  Good luck to anyone out there trying to capture these spellcards with Hatate! ;__;7

RB

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2017, 12:05:14 PM »
What I hated the most about this spellcard is that Kiyohime's got a stupidly gigantic sprite and yet it feels like her hitbox is the size of a chickpea. 

While tons of these spellcards are super fun to do, gosh, some of these things are poorly designed.  Good luck to anyone out there trying to capture these spellcards with Hatate! ;__;7
iktf tbh

anyways i finally bothered to try and clear
Spoiler:
saraka's
scenes, i skipped her last one but it wasn't necessary to unlock the tlb. her spells were actually pretty easy but still fun, which was quite a relief, at least in my opinion.
Spoiler:
saraka and lvl 9
was actually more grating to do than this

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2017, 02:08:22 PM »
I've beaten all scenes with Aya, but the Exhibition and Achievement options on the main menu aren't unlocked. Are they unimplemented features, or do I have to 300% the game, or...?

Incidentally, I'm interested to know the spell translation for
Spoiler:
Fc-7, since it looks a bit... long.

Grrr.
---
YouTube

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2017, 07:26:21 PM »

I've noticed that too. Quite a few spellcards where the boss goes transparent/disappears and doesn't count the shot until they become solid and there's at least 2 instances of spellcards pulling a Satori.

On another note:
Spoiler:
Momo throws Pikachus at you on her 2nd spellcard  :]

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2017, 09:17:12 PM »
I've beaten all scenes with Aya, but the Exhibition and Achievement options on the main menu aren't unlocked. Are they unimplemented features, or do I have to 300% the game, or...?

Incidentally, I'm interested to know the spell translation for
Spoiler:
Fc-7, since it looks a bit... long.

Based on the files I've looked through... "Exhibition" might be where they're going to put the extra scenes from the popularity poll winners, and "Achievement" has some stuff that clearly isn't in the game yet (including.......
Spoiler:
playable Momiji???
), so that'll wait until the update patch also.

As for the card name:
Spoiler:
"A Strong Woman, Whose Nobility Is Worth More Than The Highest Of Pearls. Also Dubbed "Tamako". A Glorious Woman Who Endured Many Hardships For The Christian Faith... In Short, Me!!"
Aside from that bit on the end, it's
Spoiler:
the entire Japanese title of Mulier fortis cuius pretium de ultimis finibus sive Gratia regni Tango regina exantlatis pro Christo aerumnis clara, an opera piece written about Gracia Hosokawa. (b/c Tamako is straight-up Gracia Hosokawa, like, it's her backstory that that's who she is)
. this game is ridiculous and i love it

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2017, 11:12:55 AM »
Hatate definitely seems to polarise the difficulty of scenes. Some of them she makes absolutely trivial because of her recharge speed (
Spoiler:
you can beat Saraka's first card without having to dodge anything, and things like 9-2 become much easier
). Others become a lot more annoying (the spells that keep you at a distance, like
Spoiler:
the last photos of 9-6 and 9-12
). And then there's cursed-camera Nezu, which is just stupid.

Spoiler:
Tamako
was honestly a letdown for a final boss. After all those weird and funny gimmicks the earlier scenes throw at you, her spells are startlingly... unspectacular. They aren't even particularly hard. Oh well.

Also, all the Fc scenes lag quite noticeably (around 50fps?), not sure why. (It might be the background, or something.) Are they supposed to be resource-intensive, or is my computer just bad?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 11:31:14 AM by DarkPermafrost »

Grrr.
---
YouTube

RB

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2017, 01:35:41 PM »

i'm done

it still counts since it was after she exploded but christ this is too hilarious

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2017, 12:06:39 AM »
If anyone's curious, here's the list of all characters who appear in each stage, taken from this website. There's no page on the English wiki however.
Also, I added the spell card names taken from lib/SpellName.dnh.

edit: there is now, unspoilering

Level 0
Tenmu Suitokuin
雷雨「祟力発電」
邪恋「憎悪に満ちた細流」
「大天狗のインスタント写真機」

Level 1
Marry Shepherd
車符「メリーゴーラウンド」
速符「シープスキンウルフ」
捨符「コットングレイシア」

Kodama (Cherry, Tree, and Flower variants)
桜符「サクラチルノストーム」
松符「ダブル・ドラゴン・マツ」
菊符「小宇宙マーガレット」

Fabritis & Iphonea
花茶「ファブリティー」
乾瓢「バインディングゴード」
「ヘブンリーブルーム」

Level 2
Momo Tobikura
牙符「吸血八重歯」
炸弾「エレキネズミハナビット」
「口八丁で雇った鳥さん蛇さん」

Hatsuna Magatsuji
曲射「アップルシューティング」
桑原「マルベリーバラッジ」
転射「ワーピングアロー」

Vinkawars
射符「ハートショットボウ」
葉刀「ニチニチソード」
邪恋「キライキライ」

Level 3
Corin Charite
傘弾「超撥水日傘」
蝙蝠「跳梁跋扈レッドフライヤー」
神器「業火恋槍アラドヴァル」

Aragami no Kusuko
炎水符「フラムフラッド」
光背「瑠璃光焦土」
「黄昏の湖の錬金術師」

Ichiyou Mochizuki
神霊「餅つき一曜」
一曜奥義「六属性遁術輪廻」
絆奥義「一曜月光蛙」

Level 4
Phiased Pescar
星弩「博士の六分儀ザッパー」
宿星「ベツレヘムシミュレータ」
「タロット乱舞 -全色混成デッキ-」

Elfin Mint
人形「クリスタル薄荷ドール」
柘榴「あくまで果実」
「ミント増えるパワープラント」

Tobiko Takatou
手品「呑獣の術」
変写「天狗のバグシャッター」
三連写「トライフォーカサー」

Level 5
Riko Toone
弱符「ネガティブフェイス」
重符「リコペッテンソン」
「ディーヴァズディバイダー」

An Yaezaki
飛梅「フロウフラワーブロワー」
導命「寒梅コレクション」
「ワールドコダマイザー」

Janet Arc'Angelo
預言「受弾告知」
聖水「ドリームシャボンブラスター」
幻奏「サモンアバドン」

Sheila Lyrac
星符「ダズルダブルスター」
冬星「リゲルは足だが役に立つ」
「ギャラクシーエターナルレクイエム」

Level 6
Yamata no Yato
七剣「黒竜刃クロヒメ」
九剣「ロンチェンバオジェン」
懐柔「カシオリ作戦」

Suitenguu no Himemiko
蟹符「マリンインベーダー」
海流「わぁい渦潮」
「綿津見のシンフォニア」

Nomi no Hanie
蹴符「オスモウキック」
土偶「ルルイエハニーワ」
「氷眠古墳(アイスコフィン)」

Nameless R'lyeh Fairy
深門「バミューダゲート」
深宴「アトランティスの立食パーティー」
深霊「エルタニンコンダクター」

Level 7
Mumumu Mikaboshi
氷炎「ヘイルファイア」
魔爪「サタンクロウズ」
巨星「ジャイアントインパクト」

Michel Sant'Angelo
捜符「マイソードディテクター」
追撃「ゴモラも終了のお知らせ」
発見!「ダブルフレイムセイバー」

Takenouchi no Tarumi
鈍器「高所玉垂遊戯」
超必殺「古墳文化アタック」
「ダイブレードヤマタイザー」

Sengo Sanada
朱槍「スピア・ザ・ジュウモンジ」
「スカイサーファー『真田丸』」
武将合技「戦国氷炎無双斬」

Level 8
Ruri
氷花「カメラシャイコース」
燐光「アフームブリザード」
冷霊「イイーキルス操舵室の番人」

Abe no Kiyohime
零式「業烈陰陽陣」
和妻「チェンジリングネズミカン」
八卦「神託の式神鳥」

Nezu Akitsu
狂符「ミラクルアヤツリウム」
星狐「アキツネビュラ」
操神「正一位蛙石大明神」

Level 9
Iesua Nazarenus
癒符「光のアルマ」
「五千人を満たすメシアの飯屋」
「ガイウス・カッシウスの聖槍」

Mitama Magahara
雷火「禍力発電」
借物「天星弓フェイルノート」
「風光早歳の白き梅花」

Yamatoyo no Momohime
桃符「果汁93%のジュース」
神器「ラーの鏡」
神話難題「天岩戸の一枚天井」

Fuma Mishandra
悪魔「デカラビアンローズ」
禁呪「ギルミシャル・バルスルク」
「マジンベネフィット」

Level FC
Saraka Sant'Angelo
連刃「デスサイズパラダイス」
操月「ミベルナ・マ・ミグロン」
「アイ・オブ・ピジョンブラッド」

Tamako Sant'Angelo
香雪「フロストフリージア」
霊剣「抜けば玉散る氷の刃」
九曜「ルミナリエ・オブ・ホソカワ」
「強き女、そして彼女の真珠にも勝る貴さ。またの名をタマコ。キリスト信仰のために幾多の苦難を耐え抜いた誉れ高き女性、つまり私」
「ナロウリバー・グラツィア」
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 09:17:46 AM by Satori Komeijist »
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2017, 01:19:44 PM »
Yay, I got my 300%. It was fun, looking forward to the exhibition scenes and achievements.

EDIT: I'd like to add on that the katakana for 6-2 is likely to be the pronunciation for 龙泉宝剑 (Chinese), which roughly translates to something like "Sword of the Dragon Spring". (Spring as in water spring, not the season.)

2EDIT: This link and its related pages contain transcripts of the Japanese spell card comments. (Levels 0 and 1 are also translated into Chinese already.)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 02:20:32 PM by DarkPermafrost »

Grrr.
---
YouTube

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2017, 03:27:56 PM »
The game seems to have a hard time parsing that I've let go of the focus key and am now pressing the shot key, so sometimes pictures just don't start.  Am I the only person having trouble with this...?

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2017, 11:16:56 PM »
EDIT: I'd like to add on that the katakana for 6-2 is likely to be the pronunciation for 龙泉宝剑 (Chinese), which roughly translates to something like "Sword of the Dragon Spring". (Spring as in water spring, not the season.)

THANK YOU OMG that's like the only one left i was trying to figure out

Also, Wanwan has released the soundtrack on Bandcamp!

edit: raichu has also posted a comparison video on his Twitter of the basis for Kiyohime's first spellcard lmao

edit 2: vvv i mean, i'm guessing the one that brings up Swords Swords Swords right away for its google search results is probably it in this case, but thank you for the clarification!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 01:27:19 AM by gilde »

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2017, 01:15:35 AM »
THANK YOU OMG that's like the only one left i was trying to figure out

I mean, specifically, there's still some ambiguity. The Chinese wiki claims it's 龙泉 (Dragon Spring), but it could also be 龙卷 (Typhoon), among various other interpretations of whatever チェン is supposed to be.

Grrr.
---
YouTube

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2017, 07:46:29 PM »
Loving that Seihou nod

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2017, 02:03:30 PM »
Hmm, apparently over the past few days v1.00b and v1.00c patches were released. What google translate is telling me (from ido's blog...? I think that's what that website is.) is that v1.00b toned down some spell difficulties, made minor gameplay adjustments, and strengthened effect cuts if the option was selected. Then v1.00c was released because v1.00b caused the game to crash when 9-9 was selected.

Grrr.
---
YouTube

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2017, 05:11:56 AM »
I was wondering why some cards in the game gave me Spell Card Collection vibes... then remembered Nono Shijimi was a programmer.

No wonder why some of the gimmicks feel oddly familiar, and why a few cards are complete aids to do.

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2017, 02:55:53 PM »
Another game involving ido? These always have wonderful soundtracks, glad I found this.

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2017, 03:08:12 PM »
I found the soundtrack very disappointing compared to the other games in the series.

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2017, 03:36:47 PM »
Been playing this for a while, and I gotta say that I absolutely adore this game from a lot of perspectives, particularly the balanced mix between gimmicky and more ordinary gimmick-less pattern designs.

The soundtrack is really atmospheric and greatly remind me of the stages of the previous main games in its series while also sounding original and well adjusted to fit in a photography game. The last two themes in particular are now irreversibly stuck in my head plz help :V

The final boss' scenes though are sorta anticlimactic and considerably easier than the previous few levels.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 03:39:37 PM by Jimmy »
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2017, 07:42:53 PM »
Did a 100% with Aya. Might play as Hatate and Tobiko later down the line, while uploading each level of my Aya clears because why not.

Test upload.

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2017, 12:15:08 AM »
I made a 100% completion video with Aya, clearing every scene with her here This is a pretty fun game, I didn't find this to take too long for me.
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2017, 09:11:37 AM »
So I've been adding to the wiki page for Tri Focuser so far and I'd like to inquire about exact location names.

Here's what I got (from this page again and various story pages of the respective games).

• Level 0: Waterfall of Nine Heavens (same one as in MoF)
  • Level 1: Eternal Morning Glory Field (BoSM stage 1)
  • Level 2: Youkai Mountain (same one as in various Touhous)
  • Level 3: Misty Lake (Same one as in EoSD)
  • Level 4: Forest of Magic (TLC stage 1/ex)
  • Level 5: Life-Guiding Tree (MPP stage 5/ex)
  • Level 6: Tougenkyuu (RSS stage 6)
  • Level 7: Angels' Mountain Fortress (TLC stage 5)
  • Level 8: Otherworld (RSS stage 3/ph)
  • Level 9: Mountain Summit (TLC stage 6)
  • Level FC: Outside World (same as ULiL? I'm not sure...)

Not sure if these are accurate names. I doubt there are wiki pages for most of these locations either because lol who gives ido games any significance amirite

References to the locations would be nice tho.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:15:22 AM by Satori Komeijist »

« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2017, 04:19:17 AM »
References to the locations would be nice tho.

Level 4 is "a forest near the Hakurei Shrine" in TLC, not the Forest of Magic. Level 9, according to its dialogue, takes place in the Outside World's skies. The others are all accurate!

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2017, 07:13:36 AM »
Level 4 is "a forest near the Hakurei Shrine" in TLC, not the Forest of Magic. Level 9, according to its dialogue, takes place in the Outside World's skies. The others are all accurate!
I have went ahead and fixed that thanks. I wrote "skies" for level 9's location.

The reason I was dubious about the forest for TLC's location was because in Elfin Mint's story, it explicitly mentions a "Field of Magic" near the Hakurei Shrine and I thought it had relations to the Forest of Magic. I wasn't sure if they were the same forest.

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2017, 02:12:45 PM »
Just found out there's unused Momiji sprites in the game. Maybe she was going to be a playable character?

Anyways, just beat all scenes with Tobiko. Man, I'm glad it's over. It took me exactly 464 tries to beat Iesua's second spell. I'm not joking.

Also, I've had a few bugs I've never seen anywhere: Iesua's aura being completely white and Fuma becoming all glitched in the spell she's supposed to grow giant. I think this also happens with one of Tobiko's spells but I'm too lazy to test. Has this ever happened to someone else?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 05:51:33 PM by GenoCraft »