Author Topic: Rin Quest - Notice me!  (Read 6697 times)

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
Rin Quest - Notice me!
« on: March 13, 2017, 07:40:31 PM »
> You are...

> Ah, yes. You are Rin Satsuki, a Kirin without any recognition at all.
> People tend to forget about everything related to you frequently. You might met them today, but tomorrow they will question who you are.
> In short, you are one of the most unfortunate persons in Gensokyo.

> Long time ago, you tried to resolve the "Scarlet Mist" incident, but your efforts were totally in vain, because a certain witch and a certain shrine maiden were many steps ahead of you. You were just a shadow... as usual.

> You live at the Nameless Hill in your small and comfy house. The only good thing you can find about your "misfortune" is that nobody usually annoys you, which means the attacks you may suffer from, for example, fairies or youkais, are very unlikely. This doesn't pay up for the rest, though...
> You are lying in your bed at your bedroom. You are just... lying there, doing nothing.
> _
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
Re: Rin Quest - Notice me!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 07:47:56 PM »
> Check chest for usual growths.
> Inventory
> Anything on the docket for today?
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 08:02:31 PM »
Spoiler:
>Ponder how important the difference between "a wooden star, and a wooden starfish" is...
>Realize our objective is only to do nothing and continue to do so.
>Assess our abilities and capabilities.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 08:55:42 PM »
> Check chest for usual growths.
> Inventory

> You confidently guide your hand to your awesomely... almost flat chest. This is one of the things that makes you hate yourself...

> You reassess your inventory...

>> 0?.
>>> Zero. Niente. Nothing. It's not like you need it so much, though. You don't starve that easily, so...

>> Usual Outfit.
>>> The outift you always wear. It has great resemblance with a shrine maiden one.

>> Erhu.
>>> Your "not-so-normal" musical instrument, and probably the most notable thing you carry. Using it, you can manipulate the wind and flowers at certain degree to your advantage.

>> Wind Sign "Moderato".
>>> Your first Spell Card. It's a typhoon pattern that surrounds your opponent, who slowly gets less space to dodge while danmaku is raining at him.

>> Flower Sign "Vibrato".
>>> Your second Spell Card. Flower-like danmaku follows your opponent in a "snake-way" while you shoot directly at him. More flower-like danmaku appear to chase your opponent as time passes away.

> Anything on the docket for today?

> You took a recent edition of the newspaper yesterday at the Human Village. Unless you count that you wanted to read it, you don't have anything else of note to do today.

Spoiler:
>Ponder how important the difference between "a wooden star, and a wooden starfish" is...
>Realize our objective is only to do nothing and continue to do so.
>Assess our abilities and capabilities.

> You quickly realize that you already finished your main objective.
> LAZY END.

> As a Kirin, one would expect you can do amazing things, given how the stories talk about them... Nope. You may be a Kirin, but your capabilities aren't that great. You can summon the power of the elements, but that's about it. They aren't that powerful either. Not only you are unknown, but also... weak...
> _

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 09:58:10 PM »
>Examine our house's interior.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 10:05:20 PM »
> Once we are finished examining our house's interior, read the paper. Maybe there'll finally be an article about us! ...Maybe...
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 10:38:32 PM »
>Examine our house's interior.

> You give a look at your room...
> It's not that impressive. Just a bed, a dresser, the bathroom's door, a nightstand where the newspaper stands, and a desk. In the walls of your room there are different kinds of musical decorations.
> When you glance to the nightstand, you can see your medicaments besides the newspaper... Yes, you take medicines. Anti-depressives are the most usual ones. You really don't want to, but sometimes... things get to an extreme where you just need to sleep...
> Ah, yes. This reminds you of your ability. Healing.

> Once we are finished examining our house's interior, read the paper. Maybe there'll finally be an article about us! ...Maybe...

> You then pay attention to that newspaper when you grab it. Deep inside, you really hope that it's an article about you... ... for whatever reason...
> ...
> ... What? A disappearance? Or did you read something wrong?
> ...
> ...? If you have to trust the words of this article, then it says that the Scarlet Devil Mansion, the perpetrator household of the "Scarlet Mist" incident... disappeared.
> _

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 10:41:24 PM »
> The vampire? Or the entire freakin' building?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 10:43:15 PM »
> The vampire? Or the entire freakin' building?

> I-It seems that the entire building is missing, as if it was never there...
> _

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 10:48:49 PM »
> ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??
> How is that even possible?? Check the paper for more info.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 10:57:13 PM »
> ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??
> How is that even possible?? Check the paper for more info.

> You, impressed by such thing, continue reading.
> ...
> Apparently, it happened two days ago. The fairies around were anxious for strange reasons before the event. The mansion, according to testimonies from anonymous people, just... disappeared. As fast as you blow a balloon.
> There's a picture of the Misty Lake without the mansion. It's... really weird to not see it there...
> _

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 12:45:45 AM »
>Recall what we were doing two days ago...

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2017, 12:52:46 AM »
>Recall what we were doing two days ago...

> You recall...
> You remember you were sitting in the Human Village, doing a little perfomance with your ehru. It wasn't something planned, and you just wanted to play your instrument.
> Now that you recall... Some bystanders were looking at you with interest... THAT doesn't happen so often...
> _

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 01:06:43 AM »
>Wonder if being noticed made the mansion not be noticed...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2017, 01:47:28 AM »
>Can we recall any of the interested bystanders?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 02:08:44 AM »
>Scan through the article further and check for any info on the fates of the inhabitants.
>Maybe we could investigate this event and get a bit of attention? We're not exactly a detective, but given that none exist in Gensokyo anyway...

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2017, 02:48:49 AM »
>Wonder if being noticed made the mansion not be noticed...

> Y-You can't be that dangerous, can you? Drawing the attention of some people, and then making another place disappear completely... Oh no~...

>Can we recall any of the interested bystanders?

> You think one of them was a youkai with wings that was flying near there... Aside of her, there was only some womans and mans from the village that gave you some looks during your improvised perfomance.

>Scan through the article further and check for any info on the fates of the inhabitants.
>Maybe we could investigate this event and get a bit of attention? We're not exactly a detective, but given that none exist in Gensokyo anyway...

> You try to search for more information in the article, but it ends there. The article itself doesn't even talk about the residents of the mansion.
> Rin Satsuki, the Kirin-tive... ... err... Well, you can surely draw some attention if you investigate this. Who knows? Maybe something even greater can happen if you resolve it... Maybe you can then beat Reimu!
> ... You snap out of day-dreams.
> Knock, knock.
> Oh, it seems someone is knocking on the main door.
> _

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2017, 04:11:24 AM »
>Our door!? For real!? How often is that?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2017, 05:53:16 AM »
>Our door!? For real!? How often is that?

> That's absolutely something you wasn't expecting. It's not anymore the fact that you are unknown, but that the Nameless Hill is not a place for curious. You wonder if who is knocking is a youkai or a fairy... or maybe other thing...
> _

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2017, 05:40:36 PM »
Due to problems of time and / or imagination, given the number of Quests that are currently taking place, and that I am Game Mastering a different game myself, Rin Quest will be canceled.

But do not worry! I do not plan to let this character die without his own quest, so in the future (nearby, I hope ...), after having planned a deeper story, Rin Quest will come back from the ashes to show us her misfortune!

Sorry for the trouble! See you in the revival of this quest or in the already running Hikikomori Quest!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 05:45:10 PM by Tashi »