Author Topic: Yorihime Quest  (Read 67574 times)

Re: Yorihime Quest
« Reply #210 on: March 03, 2017, 04:06:17 PM »
//I think that she could though. Just that, if she does that, she have a high chance to kill the people that come after her, and then she would be "tainted", so she isn't able too. Just knocking people out don't count as such though, beside this is night, so they don't have much visual aside from the light, so...

>Using the little girl as cover, you quickly move out of sight of the soldiers and blending into the bush. As they're desperately trying to find you, you would come up to behind and incapacitated them.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #211 on: March 03, 2017, 09:51:11 PM »
>Using the little girl as cover, you quickly move out of sight of the soldiers and blending into the bush. As they're desperately trying to find you, you would come up to behind and incapacitated them.

> Wait.

//And what if they start firing? They would probably kill her.

> What we have around us?
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
« Reply #212 on: March 04, 2017, 12:56:51 AM »
//I think that she could though. Just that, if she does that, she have a high chance to kill the people that come after her, and then she would be "tainted", so she isn't able too. Just knocking people out don't count as such though, beside this is night, so they don't have much visual aside from the light, so...

> Wait.

//And what if they start firing? They would probably kill her.

> What we have around us?

>Just a few small trees and one small shrub. Unless you count that little girl too.
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #213 on: March 04, 2017, 02:00:33 AM »
> The soldiers look more inclined to shoot us more than anything?

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #214 on: March 04, 2017, 04:56:06 AM »
> The soldiers look more inclined to shoot us more than anything?

>The soldiers told the little girl to stand aside, so its clear they don't want to hurt her. But they do look like they were going to shoot you, given that the soldiers from back at Eientei, and the helicopters at the Hakurei Shrine earlier today simply fired upon you without warnings...

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #215 on: March 04, 2017, 06:38:09 AM »
> How close are they?

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #216 on: March 04, 2017, 09:23:32 AM »
> How close are they?

>About 20 to 30 meters away from you.

« Reply #217 on: March 04, 2017, 10:27:04 AM »
>How fast could we go?

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #218 on: March 04, 2017, 01:19:32 PM »
>How fast could we go?

>If by flying, very fast. If by running, only average.

« Reply #219 on: March 04, 2017, 02:29:52 PM »
>Suppose I throw a rock, just how accurate could I be?

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #220 on: March 04, 2017, 02:41:29 PM »
>Suppose I throw a rock, just how accurate could I be?

>You could throw a rock very accurately, although that would be useless against anyone wearing both military-grade armors and helmets...

« Reply #221 on: March 04, 2017, 03:52:56 PM »
>Resuming plan A. Using the little girl as cover, you quickly fly low to the ground and hide among the trees. As you're approaching them, you picked up some pebble on the ground (or using small magic bullets) and as you come out of your last cover, throw them accurately as the muzzle/handle of the gun with intense force. Then, when they discharge/disarms, immediately incapacitated them.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 03:56:40 PM by andykhang »

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #222 on: March 04, 2017, 05:35:25 PM »
//I'm still concerned about Kosuzu's the girl's safety... Who know if these soldiers are going to start shooting and follow our trail while not stopping?

« Reply #223 on: March 04, 2017, 05:58:09 PM »
//trained soldier is trained not to be trigger happy, plus the human eyes suck when it come to think moving fast diagonally, more so in the dark. Moving from side to side also keep them confused of your exact location, and when they're distracted from when they're disarms... nothing blind a human in plain sight better than confusion and a flash of light...Now that I think about it, it's better if Yorihime throw a magic flashbang at them than to do those complicated stuff... maybe you could suggest it?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #224 on: March 04, 2017, 06:15:26 PM »
//Hm... Wait a bit on your plan...

> How is the terrain around us? Is lower behind us than in our current position? What about ahead, where they are?

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #225 on: March 05, 2017, 04:07:43 AM »
>Resuming plan A. Using the little girl as cover, you quickly fly low to the ground and hide among the trees. As you're approaching them, you picked up some pebble on the ground (or using small magic bullets) and as you come out of your last cover, throw them accurately as the muzzle/handle of the gun with intense force. Then, when they discharge/disarms, immediately incapacitated them.

//I'll take it that this command is cancelled, going by the OOC discussion that follows.

//I'm still concerned about Kosuzu's the girl's safety... Who know if these soldiers are going to start shooting and follow our trail while not stopping?

//trained soldier is trained not to be trigger happy, plus the human eyes suck when it come to think moving fast diagonally, more so in the dark. Moving from side to side also keep them confused of your exact location, and when they're distracted from when they're disarms... nothing blind a human in plain sight better than confusion and a flash of light...Now that I think about it, it's better if Yorihime throw a magic flashbang at them than to do those complicated stuff... maybe you could suggest it?

//Hm... Wait a bit on your plan...

> How is the terrain around us? Is lower behind us than in our current position? What about ahead, where they are?

//One guy knows its not a good idea to just go Leeroy Jenkins on these modern day soldiers, the other is only thinking of how "OP-pls-nerf" Yorihime is and actively encouraging going LJ...

>The ground is relatively flat, both in front of and behind you. Neither the girl nor the soldiers are standing on a higher or lower elevation of ground as you are.

« Reply #226 on: March 05, 2017, 05:28:41 AM »
//While not realizing Yorihime is basically Jedi, with the Force replace with frill and magic. Speaking of which...

>Just how good we're with magic? Can we create Danmaku on the same level with others, at least on the effect?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #227 on: March 05, 2017, 04:35:48 PM »
//I just don't want to "hack and slash" everything. Yorihime is OP, I don't deny that, but I want to do a Quest in the way it must be done. I also want to achieve a good ending, which I highly doubt it will be possible if we just attack everything on-sight.

« Reply #228 on: March 06, 2017, 09:04:24 AM »
//Well yeah, but retreat and, as best, she would lose shelter and at worst, she would have her back riddle with missles. Neutralizing the threat there is the safer option, before the grunt would have the chance to comm the force.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #229 on: March 06, 2017, 09:14:36 AM »
//While not realizing Yorihime is basically Jedi, with the Force replace with frill and magic. Speaking of which...

>Just how good we're with magic? Can we create Danmaku on the same level with others, at least on the effect?

>You can create danmaku about as good as the people of Gensokyo. Although you don't really like danmaku since it is more about looking beautiful than actually winning fights. And these soldiers don't look like the kind to care about the beauty of an attack...

//I just don't want to "hack and slash" everything. Yorihime is OP, I don't deny that, but I want to do a Quest in the way it must be done. I also want to achieve a good ending, which I highly doubt it will be possible if we just attack everything on-sight.

//Yeah. For storyline purposes, Yorihime won't be as OP as she is in SSIB.

//Well yeah, but retreat and, as best, she would lose shelter and at worst, she would have her back riddle with missles. Neutralizing the threat there is the safer option, before the grunt would have the chance to comm the force.

//Another "yeah". If these are medieval-age knights or renaissance-era musketeers, you could get away with just GTFO-ing without the worst for the wear. But since these are modern-day soldiers with assault rifles, radios and other modern military load-outs...

« Reply #230 on: March 06, 2017, 09:23:29 AM »
//So...initiating plan B then?

>While turning the little girl's back, you immediately shoot out several magic bullet that would work as a flashbang toward the gun, or more accurately, toward the hand that is holding them, as speed. As the moment of explosion that would make the soldier drop out their gun, you instantly goes toward them and knock them out.

//Good enough yet?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #231 on: March 06, 2017, 10:32:29 AM »
//That's fine.

//Ignore the fact that I totally forgot about danmaku...

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #232 on: March 06, 2017, 03:07:02 PM »
//So...initiating plan B then?

>While turning the little girl's back, you immediately shoot out several magic bullet that would work as a flashbang toward the gun, or more accurately, toward the hand that is holding them, as speed. As the moment of explosion that would make the soldier drop out their gun, you instantly goes toward them and knock them out.

//Good enough yet?

//That's fine.

//Ignore the fact that I totally forgot about danmaku...

//Wow, you guys are totally straightforward when it comes to fighting superpowered swords(wo)men, mobs of fairies, Yuuka, Lunarians, eldritch abominations, gods, etc...Yet are completely stumped when it comes to fighting a couple of modern-day soldiers whom AFAIK are ordinary humans...

>With your speed and quick reflex, you quickly rush forward and turn the girl around.
>You then begin by shooting out several danmaku at the hands of the soldiers. These danmaku would then go off in a blinding flash that should blind the soldiers for a brief moment.
>The flash danmaku blinded them and caused them to drop their assault rifles. You took this chance to rush toward them and knock one of them out by clubbing him with the sheath of your sword.
>However, the other soldier recovered quickly enough to notice your approach. As you got close to him, he suddenly pulls out his handgun and fired a shot at your right hand, point-blank and at quick-draw speed.

« Reply #233 on: March 06, 2017, 05:03:50 PM »
//Hm...we'll heal later so...

>Where our right hand at?

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #234 on: March 07, 2017, 02:13:31 AM »
//Hm...we'll heal later so...

>Where our right hand at?

//unfortunately, healing won't quite matter in this Quest...

>You had your right hand out in front, ready to club the soldier in his head with the sheath of your sword when you took that bullet.
>Strangely enough, the shot did not cause any physical injuries like any guns would. Instead, you only felt a sharp pain at the spot hit by the bullet, followed by paralysis all over your right hand.

« Reply #235 on: March 07, 2017, 02:52:41 AM »
>How close are we to the soldier?
>How good is our hand to hand combat skills?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 03:09:32 AM by the old guy »
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #236 on: March 07, 2017, 05:26:16 AM »
>How close are we to the soldier?
>How good is our hand to hand combat skills?

//were you not concerned by the fact that you just got shot?

>You're right in front of him.
>You had to be pretty good with hand-to-hand combat to have knocked out a soldier just now.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #237 on: March 07, 2017, 05:52:44 AM »
> Just knock him already with our left hand.
> Make sure these two are unconscious.
> Look at the girl.
> Reassess damage in hand.

« Reply #238 on: March 07, 2017, 08:01:30 AM »
>Get a feel to your right hand, see if it's longlasting.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #239 on: March 07, 2017, 10:07:37 AM »
> Just knock him already with our left hand.
> Make sure these two are unconscious.
> Look at the girl.
> Reassess damage in hand.

>You proceed to simply punch out the remaining soldier with your left hand.
>Looks like both soldiers won't be getting back up for quite a while, what's with one of them having a broken nose...
>You turn toward the little girl. She seems scared by what she just saw, and is hugging her tied-up book very tightly.
>You inspect the shot that you just took on your right hand. There is no physical injury, yet the sharp pain and paralysis is right there. Its almost like the handgun fired a very powerful danmaku instead of a live round.

>Get a feel to your right hand, see if it's longlasting.

>You try to move your right hand. You could barely feel it, and the paralysis doesn't seem to be wearing off, and doesn't look like it will be anytime soon...

>"Wh...why did these men called you dangerous...?" The little girl asked with a whimper.