Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Baykuren - Episode 4, Part 5 (Complete)  (Read 34998 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Baykuren - Episode 4, Part 5
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2017, 01:31:20 AM »
>Do we actually know anything about how Letty and Hyozan came to be living together, or how long they have been?

>You recall Letty saying that Hyozan has been with her for 'a while', and knowing her, that probably implies a number of years. But as for how the two connected, you don't recall it ever coming up.

« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2017, 01:34:50 AM »
>"How did you end up living with Letty, then?"

« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2017, 01:50:47 AM »
>"How did you end up living with Letty, then?"

>The big dog's tail swishes from side to side quickly, and with a touch of dry humor in his voice, Hyozan replies, I followed her home.
>Lily bursts out laughing.

« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2017, 01:52:27 AM »
>Chuckle softly
>"How long ago was this?"

« Reply #154 on: March 30, 2017, 02:07:31 AM »
>Chuckle softly
>"How long ago was this?"

>Six winters ago.

« Reply #155 on: March 30, 2017, 02:13:23 AM »
>"I hope this isn't too personal a question, but... why? Why choose to live as though you were just an ordinary dog?"

« Reply #156 on: March 30, 2017, 02:31:04 AM »
>"I hope this isn't too personal a question, but... why? Why choose to live as though you were just an ordinary dog?"

>Because it makes me happy. the big dog says contentedly. Especially now that I've found someone that I make happy, too.
>"Aww..." Lily remarks.
>Isn't that why you live life like an ordinary human? Even though you have such powers? Hyozan asks you.

« Reply #157 on: March 30, 2017, 02:47:15 AM »
>"I... I guess that's a fair point...."

« Reply #158 on: March 30, 2017, 03:01:20 AM »
>"I... I guess that's a fair point...."

>Some Kindred conceal themselves out of fear, as Humans fear what is different from them. And even among the Blood, Kindred are outsiders. But for me, it is the life I want. I consider myself very fortunate that I have never had cause to use my Craft against anyone that would threaten Letty, to reveal what I am. He pauses. Is that something I need to wrry about now?

« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2017, 03:07:44 AM »
>"I won't tell her if you don't wish me to, if that's what you're asking."

« Reply #160 on: March 30, 2017, 03:12:04 AM »
>"I won't tell her if you don't wish me to, if that's what you're asking."

>It wasn't, but thank you for saying it directly. No, what I meant to ask about was the beings you have been fighting. I know you've fought the Blood, and I know you've fought these alien Champions, and that giant. Are there more threats in this city I need to look out for?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 03:37:34 AM by Oldmansour »

« Reply #161 on: March 30, 2017, 03:42:37 AM »
>"I wish I could feel confident in answering that, but these days have held a great many surprises for me. I shall say 'None that I know of at present', but the Champions are quite enough danger on their own and we have to assume that the rest of their number will follow eventually."

« Reply #162 on: March 30, 2017, 06:26:15 PM »
>"I wish I could feel confident in answering that, but these days have held a great many surprises for me. I shall say 'None that I know of at present', but the Champions are quite enough danger on their own and we have to assume that the rest of their number will follow eventually."

>Do they have a weakness that you know of?

« Reply #163 on: March 30, 2017, 07:02:26 PM »
>"Us. Or rather, they seem to possess a virtual immunity to any magic other than ours, though their power is still enormous, even then."

« Reply #164 on: March 30, 2017, 08:07:36 PM »
>"Us. Or rather, they seem to possess a virtual immunity to any magic other than ours, though their power is still enormous, even then."

>Does that include Craft?

« Reply #165 on: March 30, 2017, 08:44:02 PM »
>Is that a term for the use of Blood powers? Or do we not actually know what Hyozan specifically means here?
>If not, ask. Otherwise:
>"I've not seen a Blood use their powers against them, but they shrugged off the arts of some of the most powerful mikos of the Four Shrines without effort."

« Reply #166 on: March 30, 2017, 10:42:02 PM »
>Is that a term for the use of Blood powers? Or do we not actually know what Hyozan specifically means here?
>If not, ask. Otherwise:
>"I've not seen a Blood use their powers against them, but they shrugged off the arts of some of the most powerful mikos of the Four Shrines without effort."

>Hyozan used the term 'my Craft' earlier, so you assume he is referring to his brand of power. Whether or not that's the term all Blood use, or one that's unique to him or his breed, you're not sure.
>And they are strong. Hyozan agrees. Now that I think about it, the Lord that comes will want to know more about these Champions as well. It is possible they might even be able to help you fight them. They have wisdom and power that I lack.

« Reply #167 on: March 30, 2017, 10:58:43 PM »
>"We can always use more allies."
>Though if Brightbloods do indeed draw power from Celestial sources and the Children consider Celestials their sworn enemies, there might be problems....

« Reply #168 on: March 30, 2017, 11:28:55 PM »
>"We can always use more allies."
>Though if Brightbloods do indeed draw power from Celestial sources and the Children consider Celestials their sworn enemies, there might be problems....

>When would you prefer to make contact? Hyozan asks.

« Reply #169 on: March 30, 2017, 11:31:25 PM »
>"I thought they'd be coming whenever it pleased them. Is that not so?"

« Reply #170 on: March 30, 2017, 11:58:44 PM »
>"I thought they'd be coming whenever it pleased them. Is that not so?"

>I can contact them again, to try and arrange a more convenient time and for you. Just because I know your secret doesn't mean anyone else has to.

« Reply #171 on: March 31, 2017, 12:08:36 AM »
>"'Not today' would be good. I'm, frankly, rather worn out already."

« Reply #172 on: April 01, 2017, 03:22:16 PM »
>"'Not today' would be good. I'm, frankly, rather worn out already."

>Then if you had no more questions, I will leave you be.
>"I had just one." Rin says. "Just how strong are you? I mean, that blue jewel-"
>Sapphire. Hyozan cuts her off firmly, growing audibly. It is a Sapphire Jewel, not Blue. The Jewels are different between Bright and Black.
>Rin winces. "Sorry. In that case, how strong is a Sapphire Jewel?"
>Hyozan glances upward again, thinking. I don't quite know how best to explain to a Heikot. But it is beyond the middle point of power.

« Reply #173 on: April 01, 2017, 06:20:57 PM »
>"And you say you've never had cause to use it against another?"

« Reply #174 on: April 01, 2017, 06:30:34 PM »
>"And you say you've never had cause to use it against another?"

>There is a heavy pause before Hyozan replies. I said I've never had to use Craft to protect Letty.

« Reply #175 on: April 01, 2017, 06:38:10 PM »
>"Ah."
>Pause a moment to see if Hyozan volunteers anything else, but don't push the issue if it seems he'd rather not talk about it

« Reply #176 on: April 01, 2017, 06:44:57 PM »
>"Ah."
>Pause a moment to see if Hyozan volunteers anything else, but don't push the issue if it seems he'd rather not talk about it

>Does that trouble you?

« Reply #177 on: April 01, 2017, 06:46:06 PM »
>"That depends on the circumstances, I suppose."

« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2017, 07:28:22 PM »
>"That depends on the circumstances, I suppose."

>The big dog rumbles out a low growl but uses no words. And then Lily walks over to him, smiling, and kneels down in front of him. "It's all right." she says as she lays her hand on Hyozan's head. "We trust you."
>Hyozan is silent a moment longer, then licks Lily's hand. Letty is not the only one I've ever had cause to protect. he says at last.

« Reply #179 on: April 01, 2017, 07:38:31 PM »
>"Was this before you met, then?"