Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 23: Legacy of Amazing Achievements  (Read 165375 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 23: Legacy of Amazing Achievements
« Reply #420 on: June 10, 2018, 03:15:42 AM »
IN Easy 150fps.

At the moment I only have time to play Touhou in short bursts, so I decided to look for some more high-fps achievements. I'd already cleared at 120fps a while back with no problems, but 150 is another animal entirely; it took a couple of weeks of practice to pull this off.

The best thing is, I totally didn't expect this to be the run, especially after a dreadful Reisen ensured I would be 1/1 entering Kaguya. Fire Rat's Robe is perfectly doable at this speed, but everything else is nonsense, nonspells included. Somehow I got insanely lucky and captured Buddha's Stone Bowl and Rainbow Danmaku for a 0/3 finish.

And then I somehow captured the third Last Spell just to top things off. It's completely unreadable at that speed; all you can do is go back and forth and hope for a ridiculous run of luck.

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #421 on: June 29, 2018, 12:31:38 AM »
Well, today I almost managed to beat Junko at Hard (lost at her survival) I know I can hold a lot better if I didn't have 2 dumb fails at Clownpiece's 2nd survival and stage 6, I'm so close, I feel like I can do this one!!
Mwahahahahha!

« Reply #422 on: June 30, 2018, 03:09:47 PM »
Feeling very depressed today, but this was a good cure for it: MoF Easy 150fps.

« Reply #423 on: July 03, 2018, 08:43:11 AM »
I don't come here much anymore but I did want to share that I have finally LNN'd all windows maingames!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnVfknqnTuo

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #424 on: July 15, 2018, 03:59:24 AM »
HSiFS Stage 6 Lunatic perfect run (MarisaW)!

Woot! Took me a while, though mostly because I've been lacking the patience to really sit down and grind this one out. But lately I had gotten better with that so I knew this wouldn't be too far away anymore. I chose MarisaW instead of my main, ReimuSp, not because of BCB but because Reimu without subs absolutely sucks at the stage portion. Maybe I'll do that at some point, but it'll be its own thing, separate from a general HSiFS LNNN video I have planned.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #425 on: July 15, 2018, 02:02:29 PM »
Haven't really played much of any Touhou the past year. Felt some random urge to play and got a HSiFS Extra Clear. I'll probably work on clearing hard/lunatic so I'm not as much out of practice by the time Otakon rolls around.
Normal 1CC's - EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK
Hard 1CC's - EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
Lunatic 1CC's - PCB, IN, PoFV
Extra Clears - EoSD (+Ultra), PCB (+Phantasm), IN (+Ultra), PoFV, MoF, DDC
Youtube

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #426 on: September 01, 2018, 02:14:25 PM »
I uploaded a run of EoSD stage 6 from 2013:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5s-gNENZu4

It's the closest I got to a no miss of the stage, and I fell out of practice since. It's on YouTube for posterity.

« Reply #427 on: October 07, 2018, 12:22:55 PM »
So I've made up my mind, I'm not putting it off any longer. From now until I get it, any time I have available for Touhou will be put into going for my first Lunatic 1cc.

Today's session was a huge confidence boost. According to my player data, I have made it to Stage 5 on a credit only once before, on 4/4/17. Today, after the usual run of annoying Stage 1 deaths, the first credit I had that got through stage 1 made it all the way to Kanako. That included a few deaths that were just due to nerves from getting so far, or disappointment at one mistake leading to others. The final death was very disappointing; I twitched into a laser on Medoteko when I was already safe. Now that I've got that score in the bag, I can be calmer next time. I can actually do this.

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #428 on: October 19, 2018, 03:27:13 AM »
Yo, it's been a while.

2.75b breached. Time to close the gap and get the 3b.

EDIT (10/25): https://youtube.com/watch?v=1vJLvhKIWYQ
Doing MarisaA 2.5b on the side. After I finish her up I?ll finish up SanaeA 2.5b on the side, too (SanaeA is quite lame though).
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 06:35:53 AM by ZM »

« Reply #429 on: October 26, 2018, 02:15:16 PM »
108 / 108. Honestly, I never thought I will actually get it, but here it is. I still have one scene left to do as Hatate (will you guess which one?). Also, I wonder if almost 32h of gameplay is a bit too long for this, I managed to do entire VD in around 10h, but again, I find DS to be the hardest photographer.

https://i.imgur.com/2HR9gzs.png

EDIT:
Did the last card this evening. Now I'm officially done with the spin-offs.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 08:09:33 PM by KroloRDS »

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #430 on: November 23, 2018, 06:51:40 AM »

MarisaA 2.503b
I'm happy I reached the goal, but on the other hand the mistakes are really glaring...but hey, a goal is a goal.
2.8b one day, I hope! At least a 2.7b.

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #431 on: February 01, 2019, 12:27:04 AM »
The SSS thread was even more dead so I decided to leave this here instead.

SSS LNNNFS with Sanae

Grrr.
---
YouTube

« Reply #432 on: August 12, 2019, 06:29:27 PM »
Wow, this thread has only had one post in 2019. Guess no-one is achieving new things these days :(

Anyhow, here's mine. Thanks to the release of TH17, I got my first ever genuine blind 1cc on the first credit of a new game. I guess it still counts as blind even though I had played the trial version? I also got over 1 billion, which is satisfying even though I really have no point of comparison so I have no idea what a "good" score will end up being in this game. Got decently far on the Extra as well, I reached what I assume is the third-last card. I should be able to beat it soon :)

« Reply #433 on: August 12, 2019, 11:10:02 PM »
Wow, this thread has only had one post in 2019. Guess no-one is achieving new things these days :(

Guess I'll share mine. I'm coming up on my one year anniversary since I discovered this series and I just achieved my 80th unique 1CC.

Also I'm now 15/17 on the Last Words in 8 and having just beat IN with Reimu Solo in Hard Mode I finally unlocked the final 2 I needed.