Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 23: Legacy of Amazing Achievements  (Read 165377 times)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Don't know if we're still using the 1000-post limit here, but just in case, it's about time for a new one of these.

Previous thread

Whether you're a new player working your way up the ranks or a veteran pushing the limits of your skills, if you pull off something big or small, go ahead, be proud of it, and don't let anyone (including yourself!) try to tell you otherwise. Oh, and share them in here of course. :D

I'm just getting back into the swing of things myself lately, but I practiced Echo Chamber for the first time in a long time, and I ended up capturing it in Spell Practice in five straight attempts, which was cool. All that practice can stick with you longer than even I might've anticipated.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 04:52:20 PM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 23: Legacy of Amazing Achievements
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 01:32:47 PM »
Although I already got a NMNB in SoEW's extra stage with ReimuC, I yesterday decided to try a NB run in the extra stage with ReimuA which is arguably the worst shot to try this with (Awful in some sections of the stage and has the hardest and longest Evil Eye Sigma battle.) I could have NMNB'd if I survived one more wave of the second part of the first pattern, that would I think have been 4 waves? And the death on the fourth pattern (where it starts with the bombs) was plain stupidity I could have avoided, regardless I got the run rather fast and am rather surprised I had the stage section NMNB so quickly, I'm still contemplating wether I'll want to do a NMNB with ReimuA but I think I will; when I'm at it I will likely NMNB the pc-98 extra stages with the remaining shots.

On another note I tried to NMNB EoSD's extra stage yesterday and got some awful runs going on, I was rather sleepy and seemed to be unable to play well for somereason yesterday, the ReimuA run happened a little later during nighttime when I seemed to play well again. Oh well.

SoEW EX 2MNB ReimuA
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 07:30:15 PM »
Touhou 13 "Royal Clans Chaotic Dance" No Focus Timeout Normal Mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykeZJeVwFxw

Wasnt too hard but i will say as the timer goes down it gets a little harder. I know its not lunatic but it is a personal accomplishment for me after playing touhou so long it feels. Eventually i want to do this on hard then maybe lunatic in the future though

th13 "Tao Taidou" No Focus Timeout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15FspyT20MY

ok this one took me some time. is it just me or is stage 4 harder than final stage?

Note that these were all done in spell practice. I just decided one day i wanted to fool around and challenge myself so i figured spell practice was the best way with no lives and bombs. I have to say i really enjoyed myself XD

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 12:40:50 AM »
It's been a while.

Phantasmagoria Trues Unlimited Clear ~ 1.62 Quintillion

I beat the Japanese runner's IrohaB score a long time ago, and then decided to break the game as hard as I could.

Still the best Danmakufu game.

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 12:44:54 AM »
Don't really know if it's considered good or bad, but after a long amount of time I finally managed to beat Perfect Cherry Blossom on easy mode with Marisa A. Got all the way to stage 5 before I started dying, (which was pretty insane to me, by the way.) and only had to use my continues in stage 6, where I started dying wayyy too much.

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 12:48:34 AM »
If it's an achievement it's good ! Shows that you made progress, now give it your all on the 1cc !

yomichiyu

• party up in here
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 03:13:43 AM »
The Touhou main games are like a rare thing for me to play nowadays (because of other games) but since I had time, I decided to roll with Ten Desires, normal mode, with Youmu. Shockingly, I  got my first normal 1cc on any Touhou games, though barely (no lives left). Seems like I play better when not playing after a long period of time. Time to see what I can do a month or two from now. :3

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2016, 07:48:59 AM »
The Touhou main games are like a rare thing for me to play nowadays (because of other games) but since I had time, I decided to roll with Ten Desires, normal mode, with Youmu. Shockingly, I  got my first normal 1cc on any Touhou games, though barely (no lives left). Seems like I play better when not playing after a long period of time. Time to see what I can do a month or two from now. :3
It happens also to me to play better after a long time, when I played UFO extra stage after a month I was able to get to Nue last spellcard and almost beat it at the first try (that's the further I was able to go in that stage), I wonder why it happens

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2016, 03:42:31 AM »
Obligatory "beginning-of-a-new-achievement-thread" achievement list

1CCs:
UFO: Normal (SanA autobomb)
DDC: Easy (All), Normal (ReiA)

Extra Clears:
DDC: MarisaB (Ultra)

Other:
StB: 10-X
DS: Hatate Unlocked
ISC: Complete
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Das

• w e w
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2016, 06:31:51 AM »
fuck i might as well do it as well

Clears
HRtP : Lunatic 1cc (the route with konngara)
SoEW : Lunatic 1cc + Extra all shots
PoDD : Hard 1cc 4/9
LLS : Lunatic NoBomb 1cc + Lunatic NoFocus 1cc + Extra all shots + ExNB + 80FPS + No-Vertical Ex
MS : Hard 1cc + Extra
EoSD : Lunatic 1cc (rB + mA + mB) + NMNB Extra + No-Focus Extra
PCB : Lunatic 1cc (ALL) + Lunatic NoBomb 1cc + 1MNBNBB Extra + NBNBB Phantasm + No-Focus Phantasm
IN : Hard 1cc + Extra
PoFV : :^)
MoF : Lunatic 1cc (mB whodve guessed) + Extra NM
SA : Normal 1cc
UFO : Hard 1cc (rA + rB + sB) + Extra
TD : Hard 1cc (r)
DDC : Lunatic 1cc (rA) + Extra
LoLK : Normal 1cc

Goals or something

All Lunatic 1cc
Some neat extra NB/NMNB's
LNB's
Scoring
Bully ZM

Things working on ATM
PCB Ex NNN
TD Lunatic
MoF Lunatic
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 02:11:42 AM by Das »

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2016, 06:09:36 PM »
Got an SoEW Extra NMNB (perfect) with ReimuA scoring 21,7 Million

I got my run up here: SoEW EX NMNB 21,7M with ReimuA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whole list huh? I doubt I'd remember everything, but I guess I can post what I remember, I do believe I got a bit more; I do have runs up on my channels which might prove these achievements, but I'm pretty sure I've done a little more than this; I'm still staying to Touhou only here (not fangames or other shmups, that would be too much of a hassle to remember.)

Story of Eastern Wonderland: Normal 1cc with all shots (if I do remember correctly) Lunatic ReimuB 1cc, Extra stage NMNB with ReimuA scoring 21,7m and an NMNB with ReimuC, also cleared with ReimuB (I think that one was NB but I'm not sure.)

Phantasmagoria of Dimensional Dream: Lunatic 1cc with Reimu, Reimu 63,3 Million on Hard mode clear, Hard mode 90 FPS clear with both Reimu and Marisa.

Lotus Land Story: Lunatic 1cc'd with all shots, Lunatic No Bombs with MarisaA. Extra stage cleared with all shots and NMNB'd with ReimuB (scoring 66 million, highest NMNB score), MarisaA and MarisaB. Extra stage Mugetsu and Gengetsu no shooting, Extra stage 90 fps clears (thrice) and last I remember is also doing scoring with MarisaB for 76,4 million in total.

Mystic Square: Easy mode 73 Million with Mima, Normal mode 125 Million with Mima, Hard mode 140 Million with Mima and 145 Million with Marisa, Lunatic No Bombs with Mima and a standard lunatic 1cc with Marisa, Extra Stage 177,9 Million with Reimu, 170,8 Million with Marisa, 165 Million with Mima and 159 Million with Yuuka. Also Extra Stage NMNB with Mima scoring 151 Million and an 90 FPS extra clear.

Embodiment of Scarlet Devil: Lunatic 1cc with ReimuA and I think ReimuB too? Hard No bombs with ReimuB, Extra stage clear with I think all shots and an Extra 1MNB with ReimuB (will be NMNB soon is my guess.)

Perfect Cherry Blossom: Lunatic 1cc with SakuyaA, Extra stage clear with SakuyaA and a Phantasm clear with SakuyaA.

Imperishable Night: Hard No Focus with Marisa solo, Lunatic 1cc with Boundary Team, Extra Stage No Bombs with Boundary Team and a standard clear with Scarlet Team.

Phantasmagoria of Flower Viewing: Lunatic 1cc with both Aya and Reisen, Extra stage clear with both Aya and Reisen.

Mountain of Faith: Easy Mode ReimuA 1.020b, Hard mode 1cc with ReimuB (Haven't focused on lunatic yet, when I do it'll be LNB attempts right away I guess.), Extra stage 1MNB with ReimuB, ReimuA 90 FPS Extra clear, I think ReimuA also had a 1MNB clear in EX but not too sure. I think I atleast had an NB clear with her.

Subterranean Animism: Hard mode 1cc with ReimuB, Extra Stage 2MNB? (I think it was a 2MNB) with MarisaB/ReimuB, working on Lunatic No Bombs with MarisaB but being lenient.

Undefined Fantastic Object: Hard Mode 1cc with ReimuB, Extra stage clear. (Planning to also do LNB once I get to lunatic)

Great Fairy Wars: All routes LNB, Extra stage NB.

Ten Desires: Hard mode No Focus with Reimu, Lunatic 1cc with Reimu, Extra stage 1MNB with Marisa and NBNT clear with Sanae/Reimu (I think I had both but maybe just one of the two.) and a No focus clear with Reimu.

Double Dealing Character: Lunatic 1cc with SakuyaA and MarisaB, Extra stage NMNB with ReimuA and a near 900m run with MarisaB in EX, MarisaA EX NB and MarisaB EX NB (I think I had both.) (still going to work on 1b in extra with Marisa) Also 658m ReimuA easy scoring run (should still improve that.)

Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom:Easy mode 1.050B with Reisen, Easy mode 1.128 Billion with Sanae, Normal mode 1.443 Billion with Sanae, Lunatic 1cc with Reisen, Extra Stage No bombs with Sanae, Extra stage 461M with Reisen.

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 01:52:17 PM »
MoF: Improved my Normal 1cc to 2-miss. Still trying for that elusive Hard 1cc :(

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 03:01:19 PM »
My whole list is basically Lunatic 1ccs on every windows game but EoSD and PCB. All scenes cleared on DS. Also 1cc'ed all Len'en games on Unreal.

Goals: Seihou Lunatic 1ccs eventually. Full clear of ISC (no item) and StB.

TableCloth

• Call of Loli: Waifu Warfare
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 12:08:31 AM »
MoF Hard 1cc ReimuA 300+M GET! (370M to be precise). The best part is that it's also happen to be my best run against VoWG. Prolly will post the replay later when I get home.

Goal of the year:
-Entering college and spread the love of touhou
-Stop messing in MoF stage 4 Hard modo.
-At least one Lunatic 1cc. Most likely IN or MoF.
-SA Normal modo NMNB. This one is still a long way to go because goddammit Utsuho.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: MoF, IN, SA, PCB
Lunatic 1cc: MoF, IN

Currently struggling against depression by writing a light novel. Also, stop talking about nazi. The fact that I have Swastika in my name makes me stressed whenever anyone brought up any topic related to nazi and neo-nazi (unless we're talking about history, then I'm up for it). No, I'm not a neo-nazi. Neither are my parents. F**k off.

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2016, 10:21:15 AM »
Does autobomb count cause I think I've done a mof run with that or is it considered cheating?

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2016, 03:13:32 PM »
Does autobomb count cause I think I've done a mof run with that or is it considered cheating?
Well tecnically is cheating but this is a thread about achievements so if it was something you never manage to did before I think it count

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2016, 03:32:49 PM »
I'm not sure how much this counts since I didn't actually COMPLETE it... but I came very, very close to 1ccing Imperishable Night on Normal. As in, I made it to Kaguya's last spellcard with no lives or bombs left, and I survived a lot longer than I thought I would (I think I made it to the point where you can damage her, then took about half of her life bar). I was using Border Team.

Yeah I know it's not too impressive compared to others here, considering it's Normal, Imperishable Night, and I didn't even complete it, but keep in mind I usually play on EHHH EASY MODO, and this was actually my first Normal run of IN.

Speaking of IN, I can usually make it to Mokou in the Extra and the farthest I've gotten is... I wanna say her fifth or sixth spell? Sounds about right. And I can clear 6B on Lunatic in stage practice. Both of these are by cheesing the game with MAlice Cannon though.

Despite losing to Kaguya at the literal last moment, thus ruining my 1cc (and I couldn't even continue since it was Kaguya I was facing), I am rather satisfied with myself. Didn't think I'd make it as far as I did, so I'd call this an accomplishment... although not a huge one haha

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2016, 04:47:15 PM »
Yeah, there are still a few things the community as a whole won't consider legit, and I'd say autobomb patches are one of them since official Touhou games have never had autobombs (never mind that players also tend to look down on this feature when it actually is part of a game, like with Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu). But any of these things that aren't considered legit tend to be things that rather blatantly break the games anyway (and they don't have to be modifications of the games either, such as with "MarisaBugged" in MoF), so the vast majority of the time you should be fine lol.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2016, 04:56:03 PM »
What exactly is autobomb ? Dumb question i know but i have to know.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2016, 05:51:18 PM »
What exactly is autobomb ? Dumb question i know but i have to know.
When you get hit, your character automatically uses a bomb for you instead of dying. Essentially your bombs become like extra extra lives.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2016, 12:48:57 PM »
Oh, i thought it was like a system where your character would automatically bomb after a set amount of time or at a certain point.

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2016, 07:23:19 PM »
As I mentioned in the other thread, I've been playing Touhou for a while but have only played three of the games. Yesterday, I branched out by picking up Imperishable Night.

Today, I 1cc'd Normal, on only my third attempt. Yeah, that feels good to have gotten it so quickly.

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2016, 09:42:58 PM »
Dont know how i did it but i cleared stage 6 of PCB on lunatic in practice mode. nothing special since you get a ton of lives from practice  mode but quite surprised how much i could dodge without bombing

spaceboy

• I miss you
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2016, 11:47:56 PM »
It's my first time posting here, but I believe it's not going to be the last.

Been playing touhou since 2013, here are my achievements:
1cc Normal: EoSD(ReimuB and MarisaA), PCB(ReimuB, MarisaA and Marisa B, Sakuya B), IN(Reimu/Yukari and Sakuya/Remilia), PoFV(Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya, Youmu and Reisen), MoF(ReimuA), TD(Reimu and Marisa)

1cc Hard: IN(Reimu/Yukari)
1cc Extra: EoSD(ReimuB), PCB(Both Extra and Phantasm stages done with ReimuB), IN(Reimu/Yukari)

My only objective right now is to beat Mamizou, but the fartest I can go is Mamizou Danmaku in Ten Transformations ;_; what makes me sad is that I died using every bomb of every live I got. At least I can pratice her spells in the spell pratice, but her non-spell parts are also a pain in the ass

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2016, 02:45:48 AM »
I captured ExDoremy's last spellcard.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2016, 09:24:24 AM »
It's been a while.

Phantasmagoria Trues Unlimited Clear ~ 1.62 Quintillion

I beat the Japanese runner's IrohaB score a long time ago, and then decided to break the game as hard as I could.

Still the best Danmakufu game.

Finally got round to watching. I am seriously impressed! It's such a shame that so few people play this seriously. Do you have a replay for the scoreboard thread?

Incidentally, Ziploader went dead over 1.5 years ago, so you should remove that link from the video description. It might be a good idea to get Len to put the game on Bulletforge.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 09:29:55 AM by Arcorann »

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2016, 10:53:05 AM »
I had a half a year break from playing Touhou and yet when I got back to it I managed to Normal 1cc PCB, MoF and SA without much problems. SA run is quite interesting, as I almost completely butchered the run by losing all my lives fighting Orin, and yet I managed to get to Okuu and win, dying only once during her second-to-last. I guess one does not simply forget how to Touhou.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2016, 02:14:36 PM »
I had a half a year break from playing Touhou and yet when I got back to it I managed to Normal 1cc PCB, MoF and SA without much problems. SA run is quite interesting, as I almost completely butchered the run by losing all my lives fighting Orin, and yet I managed to get to Okuu and win, dying only once during her second-to-last. I guess one does not simply forget how to Touhou.
Well usually you don't forget much except really specific movement at times, although you can forget certain patterns at times too, usually it isn't a whole lot that you forget.

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2016, 04:07:25 PM »
After like a year of playing Double Spoiler...

I'VE FINALLY UNLOCKED HATATE  :getdown:

Levels 8 and 9 were a royal pain in my butt.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2016, 11:15:59 PM »
List of 1ccs/Extra clears:

Lunatic:
EoSD Lunatic with ReimuA, MarisaA, and MarisaB
PCB Lunatic with ReimuB, MarisaA, and SakuyaB
IN Lunatic with Border Team and Magic Team
MoF Lunatic All-Clear (LNB with ReimuB)
SA Lunatic with ReimuA, ReimuB, ReimuC, and MarisaB
UFO Lunatic All-Clear (LNB All-Clear)
TD Lunatic with Reimu and Sanae
DDC Lunatic with SakuyaA
LoLK Lunatic with Sanae

Extra:
EoSD Extra with MarisaA
PCB Extra/Phantasm with MarisaA and SakuyaB
IN Extra with Border Team
MoF Extra with ReimuB, ReimuC, MarisaA, and MarisaC (NMNB with ReimuB)
SA Extra with ReimuA, ReimuB, MarisaA, and MarisaC (NMNB with ReimuA and ReimuB)
UFO Extra with ReimuA, ReimuB, MarisaB, and SanaeB
TD Extra with Reimu and Sanae
DDC Extra with MarisaB
LoLK Extra with Sanae

Working on scoring UFO Lunatic now.