Author Topic: Let's Play The Genius of Sappheiros [HIATUS]  (Read 100376 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Reimu Hakurei VS The World - Let's Play The Genius of Sappheiros
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2016, 11:43:50 PM »
Two overall simple stages and bosses, even if not exactly easy. Petro Breath is easier to deal with than Mind Blast...!

If you've killed an enemy using a strong enough poison (Have Byakuren use Hyper Trigger on Satori? I don't recall what the poison goal target was, but if you give Satori a full poison setup and use Hyper Trigger it should be met easily. 700 dmg/turn...?) you can go to the healing circle at the Garden of the Sun to get one of the best formations. How obscure... all the other periodically obtained formations are from the healing circle at the Hakurei Shrine. Hyper Library from the shrine can be a pretty nice stage formation for magic sweeper parties later in the game, not that you'll get it for awhile. Remilia and Yuyuko will give some formations at certain points/requirements, but that's also not until later...

Next time is FUN TIMES~
Spoiler:
IIRC, the left side is easier for a mostly physical party and the right side is easier for a mostly magic party, which also means that party will be chaser-friendly. Split up accordingly and it shouldn't be too bad. Or was it the other way around...? I think that's right. The mostly-outside portion is the magic-friendly one.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 02:06:43 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2016, 03:01:29 AM »
Two overall simple stages and bosses, even if not exactly easy. Petro Breath is easier to deal with than Mind Blast...!

If you've killed an enemy using a strong enough poison (Have Byakuren use Hyper Trigger on Satori? I don't recall what the poison goal target was, but if you give Satori a full poison setup and use Hyper Trigger it should be met easily. 700 dmg/turn...?) you can go to the healing circle at the Garden of the Sun to get one of the best formations. How obscure... all the other periodically obtained formations are from the healing circle at the Hakurei Shrine. Hyper Library from the shrine can be a pretty nice stage formation for magic sweeper parties later in the game, not that you'll get it for awhile. Remilia and Yuyuko will give some formations at certain points/requirements, but that's also not until later...

Next time is FUN TIMES~
Spoiler:
IIRC, the left side is easier for a mostly physical party and the right side is easier for a mostly magic party, which also means that party will be chaser-friendly. Split up accordingly and it shouldn't be too bad. Or was it the other way around...? I think that's right. The mostly-outside portion is the magic-friendly one.
Cockatrices have more IND than Mind Flayer, but Mind Blast has higher chance to connect. (I think)

Yes, it is obscure, but thank goodness everyone keep gushing about it in the forum.

It's funny how using Sanae (and proper strategy) really helps in general. I remember struggling against pretty much everything with Reimu/Marisa/Aya/Mokou/Satori, but it was my decision and it was still fun in its own way.
I used Reimu, Marisa, Sanae, Sakuya, and insert fifth character (it's mostly either Aya or Nitori). I used this party until 3/4 of the game when the enemies keeps getting tougher and tougher, and I stop using them in final stages.

Man, the dialogue is so boring it's hard for me to riff at it.

Stage 9-1 Eientei

Since the dungeon is so long, this will be a two parter.

EDIT: I had to not use Poison Guard because it will reduce every damage received to 0, and I need to analyze enemy's damage. It is that powerful
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 12:11:35 PM by Your Everyday NEET »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2016, 10:19:52 AM »
Mind Blast actually ignores some RES. It may have a higher base chance to hit, but I'm not trawling through the jp wiki to check. XD Sonic Stream actually isn't a half bad formation either, but there's not a lot of cases where you really need it. Maybe if you really need to go before some MIND FLAYERS, can reliably kill most of the enemies on turn 1 in general, or if your plan is to just run a lot; it's much easier to spam run when you don't have a few enemies moving first...

If you're lucky, you can get a beast-slaying (I think?) knife drop to really wreck up one of the next two bosses (Probably Reisen). It's actually Patchouli's shining moment as MACHOULI because double stab is one of the stronger weapon skills, but you can use it on any of the conventional attackers too.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2016, 11:28:01 AM »
Sonic Stream

If you're lucky, you can get a beast-slaying (I think?) knife drop to really wreck up one of the next two bosses (Probably Reisen). It's actually Patchouli's shining moment as MACHOULI because double stab is one of the stronger weapon skills, but you can use it on any of the conventional attackers too.
Maybe I can use that since Mind Flayer is faster than Sanae right now.

Unfortunately, I'm not lucky in equipment department this time.

Despite I really like Nightmare of Rebellion, I still have no intention of playing Devil of Decline. Probably because I don't really want to play as the 4 main character (Reimu too mainstream, Meiling is probably the most picked protagonist and probably it's de facto main character, Yukari's always too shady)

Stage 9-2 Eientei

Another story while in the middle of capturing screenshot
*While fighting Reisen, my mother comes in again*

Mom: Is it Pokemon?

*Facepalm* Yes, Reisen does looks like a Pokemon.
Note: My mom only just knew Pokemon recently because of Pokemon Go boom.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 12:36:39 PM by Your Everyday NEET »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2016, 02:36:01 PM »
Tight formations can be useful for Reimu's 25-pow AoE heal abilities, but apart from that...

Next stage has an awesome theme. And a not-mind-flayer, of course, because we've gotta have those!

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2016, 03:33:48 PM »
Next stage has an awesome theme.
Seconded. I actually enjoyed running around inner Eientei because of the music. Plus Satori can learn lots of spells there.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2016, 04:50:57 PM »
Tight formations can be useful for Reimu's 25-pow AoE heal abilities, but apart from that...

Next stage has an awesome theme. And a not-mind-flayer, of course, because we've gotta have those!
Yeah, as a jack-of-all-stats, I may not use anything to has obvious drawback.

I love the stage 10-14 theme. I even work on this update while opening the game and listening it's BGM on my headphone.

Validon98 makes NoR Let's Play, I make GoS Let's Play. One more person making DoD and we can complete the Strawberry Bose trinity.

Stage 10 - Heart of Eientei

Goddamnit fucking piece of shit! Now I remember why I don't like this game. With the support from MewMewHeart, I can beat one of the hardest boss.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2016, 06:40:27 PM »
Commander Youmu is more for if you want to try to force crits on nukes, which in a few cases is an ideal strategy. But, there's usually better options. Apollo Break also does give a very large ATK boost to the slot in the back, so it's not a useless formation, but I only think I used it one time (for a chaser party with Nitori in the back. Parrar still basically works okay, even if you don't get the nuker with it... whoops.). Not being useless is something, considering most of the game's formations really aren't good for much of anything... especially due to the existence of Poison Guard.

There's several ways to tackle the fight, but as you used with Marisa, slayers are a good one; Nitori can do even better than Marisa if you forge a gun, letting you take Eirin down faster. If you use Byakuren to debuff, they hit like kittens, and it's not too hard to do it to Kaguya iirc (I remember Eirin being not-easy.). Just using Alice and Poison Shield alone makes the fight much better because Kaguya's nuke will only hit her iirc, but Eirin is still dangerous until she goes down... that nuke is scary. If you take down Kaguya first you can use Colloseo World and Eirin will waste her turns, but you'd have to kill her before the field goes off, so it's best to just kill Eirin first. Or, uh...
Spoiler:
You can use Escape while Kaguya is controlled and she'll run away, whilst Eirin constantly tries to Hourai Elixir someone who doesn't exist in the battle anymore.

Even if you know what to do, they're definitely one of the harder fights in the game.

It's too bad Heal isn't very useful. It's somewhat nice because Alice has such high HP so it's concentrated power can be worth using versus other Satori Heals for that sorta, but coming up at the very start of the next stage, you can charm Area Heal (the best Satori healing skill by far- large spread, no cooldown with her POW tree, more than enough healing power) off an early enemy without much trouble (due to it having a very large AoE, so there isn't much targetting woes). I think it might be another one of those cases where you have to charm the enemy on the turn it's being used, though... support skills really do take a little work here, thankfully there's only a few to get.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 06:51:03 PM by Serela »

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2016, 07:09:46 PM »
Just recently did that battle and was quite fun. Had a team of Reimu, Sanae, Byakuren, Nitori and Sakuya with Mokou as Commander. Didn't know Kaguya's heal was learnable. My main gripe aside from the obvious ones, was that I miss the old boss theme.

Hadn't quite used Alice at all in any bosses, except for the split route in the previous stage. At what point does she become that much required for bosses? Heard she's quite overpowered and I'm playing this mostly blind.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2016, 07:57:25 PM »
You can get by without her, but she makes it notably easier. Not using her is pretty much a conscious decision to make things harder on yourself, rather than an alternate strategy, I'd say. Marionette Parrar and her other various skills (mostly parrar and little legion.) just drastically increase the survivability of your party.

But you can totally get by without her if you want to. You'll just have to put more effort into the surviving part of beating bosses. If you don't WANT them to be harder than they already are, though, you'd definitely want her in for most of them.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2016, 10:44:16 PM »
Yeah, as a jack-of-all-stats, I may not use anything to has obvious drawback.

I love the stage 10-14 theme. I even work on this update while opening the game and listening it's BGM on my headphone.

Validon98 makes NoR Let's Play, I make GoS Let's Play. One more person making DoD and we can complete the Strawberry Bose trinity.

Stage 10 - Heart of Eientei

Goddamnit fucking piece of shit! Now I remember why I don't like this game. With the support from MewMewHeart, I can beat one of the hardest boss.
No problem dude... trust me that fight is a pain in the ass... NEVER AGAIN WHY I DON;T WANNA TOUCH GoS WITH A TEN FOOT POLE I rather be doing Chapter Conquest on Lunatic than that shit. (Which I'm saying both are ass.)
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2016, 12:28:28 AM »
I might be a bit late to the Satori discussion, but I've always found Satori to be a great character to use for random enemies, and some bosses as well. The secret doesn't lie in direct offensive skills, but in her innate Super-poison Technique skill. Super-poison Technique is cheap (6 MP), targets all enemies, and actually deals quite high poison damage. Factor in her Trauma skill tree to make it faster and give it more IND to derive both hit rate and damage from, and The Green Eyes' +25% damage boost to poison, and you have a pretty great skill to toss at enemies regardless of any offensive and defensive stats.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2016, 12:41:20 AM »
Yeah, we've talked about that a bit. It works amazingly well for the first half of the game. Later it's mostly either chaser party (her+patch=double alltarget and then more) or, especially once you get better mp daggers lategame (or just use a staff, but then rip damage), you can spam physical ailment skills like Death Zapper and the occasional mind blast and stuff. Or use her stronger magic skills like Mad Thunder along with stuff like Tornado for damage+daze.

And for bosses, support skills and the better magic skills. Mad Thunder is the only noteworthy magic for bosses outside of chasers she'll get until pretty late, though, and that's only -particularly- good on elec-weak bosses... at least there IS several of those after you get it!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 01:03:17 AM by Serela »

« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2016, 01:30:05 AM »
Ah, sorry. I skimmed the thread a bit and it seems like I missed that, oops.

But yeah, Satori is definitely one of my favourite characters. She's very good as long as you're willing to put in a bit off work to get some of her more unique skills. I believe her innate P.Def and P.Atk debuff skills also stack with Byakuren's, as they're technically different debuffs. I could be wrong on that though.

Heal and Leaf Shield are pretty much mainstay skills on Satori for me. They're both very useful in almost any situation, and Heal is very cheap as well. Petro Breath is also another favourite of mine, primarily for randoms. The basic single/all target elemental magic skills, Mad Thunder, Area Heal, Death Zapper, Mind Blast, Sunburst, and Starlight Barrier are also all really nice. Her innate status ailment skills shouldn't be forgotten either.

Leaf Shield and Starlight Barrier might be a bit troublesome to get, but I definitely think they're worth it. And yeah, Mad Thunder is a way better skill than Thunderclap to get from Iku. Honorable mentions to Hyper Fang Crush as well, since it's not too terrible of a physical skill (it's just that Satori just isn't too great when it comes to physicals), and it is semi-missable.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 02:56:53 AM by Albireo »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2016, 11:06:41 AM »
If I did another playthrough of the game for some strange reason (Isn't two enough?!) I'd probably try physical Satori some. Tentacle+patk buffs and elemental weapon might work pretty well on bosses for a good portion of the game, but with it's heavy def influence I can't really say how much it would or wouldn't do. I guess if the vita version was ever in english (due to new content) except I'm never gonna buy a vita????

Satori vaguely catches up in physical power in postgame where you can start having a lot of her +physical damage POW percentage buffs on at once and her Eyes are actually okay to forge because it's the ultimate weapons. But she doesn't have much in terms of "ultimate" physical skills so it's just for randoms.

I peeked at the vita version. Akyuu looks REALLY weird. She had a full battle spritesheet in GoS (not that it's ever used) but for some reason it looks like they made her a brand new one, except the new one looks... questionable, especially compared to the other characters- she just... doesn't look right next to them. I wonder when you get to recruit her...

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2016, 01:28:16 PM »
Seems like my weird dislike of Satori is almost controversial.

I guess if the vita version was ever in english (due to new content) except I'm never gonna buy a vita????

I peeked at the vita version. Akyuu looks REALLY weird. She had a full battle spritesheet in GoS (not that it's ever used) but for some reason it looks like they made her a brand new one, except the new one looks... questionable, especially compared to the other characters- she just... doesn't look right next to them. I wonder when you get to recruit her...
Probably not, NISA is grinding based video game company (which this game is not), If there's a video game company who want to port it, it's probably Atlus. I think I'll buy Vita if Fushigi no Gensokyo is released in english. Though my mom would kill me for that.

Really? I can't found any images of the new Akyu. Is she looks like Saya?

Bought Nightmare of Rebellion yesterday. Goddamn I fucking love that game.
But then, this happens.

This boss moves faster than you, kills you in 2 hits, and has Earthquake, a multi target attack that kills you in 2 hits as well. And you only got one chance to heal (it's cooldown is 5 turn, boss took less to kill you) unless Saya got her Last Word. Plus, this is the first time you ever control Mamizou, meaning you can't change her equipment (She hits like kitten), can't spark yet, and can't Doppel Advent. Come on man, this is GoS level of bullshit, not my favorite game!

Oh well, back to GoS I suppose.

Stage 11 - Youkai Mountain

Hello, my name is Your Everyday NEET but you can call me YEN. This is my first post in this topic.

My first fanfic idea is about a Let's play of Touhou Fangames by the girls themselves. They are going to play some of the hardest fangames out there that can make a normal person smash their controller. This fic is going to function as a cross between walkthrough and a let's play.
Is this idea going to work?
Back in my earliest day in this forum, I make this post on Aya's Writing Workshop. I got that idea when I fought this stage's boss.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 01:31:01 PM by Your Everyday NEET »

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2016, 03:13:58 PM »

What just happened?
Welcome to the joyous land of OHKO bullshit, unless you know how to counter it. =)
IIRC you'll need Reimu's status immunity barrier for this. Since Momiji's attack has crap accuracy, but frozen characters can't dodge.
Oh, and Reimu also has another barrier against physical/magical damage, so that could work too. IIRC both of the attacks in combo are physical. Or at least Momiji's attack is physical, can't quite remember. But that should be enough.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 03:29:23 PM by CF7 »
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2016, 08:12:28 PM »
re:NoR, that boss is vulnerable to Komachi's "cut your HP in half" skill. Suddenly it dies so fast it shouldn't be a big problem. Otherwise, surprisingly hard for that early in the game... also just in case you are unaware, there's a gameplay-basics english patch out for it right now on the Touhou Projects board. In general, NoR is still a challenging game like GoS, but the strategies to beat bosses (or set up your party in general) are much simpler and easier to figure out/set up, so in the end it's definitely an easier game. You're just not given anywhere near the same margin of  party effectiveness variation... which works both ways, you can't fail as hard but you can't god mode as hard with a great setup either.  (...arguably. Just pumping a magic user with all the best magic power up stuff and using the upgraded breaths and other magic goes a long way towards trivializing maingame randoms.)

If you die on fake boss Momiji and have death hints on, your hint is just "She bit me!" XD

If you want to ubermurder the fight, you can use elemental+slayer with gun and slaughter them (Momiji is weak to earth, which is less obvious than Cirno's fire weakness; beasts in general are earth-weak. With this and Eirin/Kaguya, the sunflower seed gun is one of the awesome weapon forges in the game, but you already beat those so~) but otherwise if you can just disable their combo such as CF7 suggested, you can slug it out any which way. Just use Sanae's evasion buff and some method of weakening water, whether it's Land, accessories/armor, Alice's element skills, etc... and some way you won't be frozen, whether through buff/debuffs or Little Legion and a freeze accessory or etc.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 08:17:21 PM by Serela »

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2016, 08:17:47 PM »
So far I've done up to
Spoiler:
Tenshi
without using Alice. Let's see if I can keep this up.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2016, 12:39:59 AM »
re:NoR, that boss is vulnerable to Komachi's "cut your HP in half" skill. Suddenly it dies so fast it shouldn't be a big problem.
I thought that skill like that won't even work against bosses, in the end, I got a lucky Last Word. So I can finally continue- Holy Shit did I just kill Arare Yukidzuki in just 1 turn? Reimu and Marisa as well? Now the game will stop pulling its punches.

Shame I bought Nitori's new gun after I fought them.

So far I've done up to
Spoiler:
Tenshi
without using Alice. Let's see if I can keep this up.
You could beat up until stage 19 boss without Alice. Final boss borderline requires her.

Stage 12 - Youkai Mountain Summit

From a bullshit bosses into a hilariously easy one.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2016, 02:34:54 AM »
Hurray!

If you have any interest in chaser parties, next stage is the best place to easily pick up Satori's three basic all-target magics for it. You also definitely want Satori to get to the lv30 minimum (Commander slot hogging time?) and bring her into the upcoming boss for one of her best skills, even if you're not really planning on using her.

About Alice not doing much vs. Cirno, if her shield can't block an element at all, her +1000% protection bonuses still won't let it kick in, I think. But she does have some skills that specifically block X element for those cases if you want a stronger shield with more limited innate block ability, I think. This is sorta relevant for the upcoming stage, too... <.<
Spoiler:
Oarfish counter everything with lightning breath, ouch...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 02:41:13 AM by Serela »

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2016, 04:35:57 PM »
While technicality I got wiped out only once, if I have reset count, it'll probably be well over 30 times by now. Unlike Validon98, I'm a reset maniac.

Stage 13 - Sea of Clouds

I like how many enemies there are weak to thunder despite being a thunder based stage.

The next stage though... *shudder*
I'll probably won't finish it in a day.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2016, 07:05:57 PM »
I had a few issues with Iku myself...Though largely due in part to playing differently than you, and wanting to get Mad Thunder without beating her before that happened. :V
You would not believe how many times I had to reset simply because she used Thunderclap and Satori learned that instead. :ohdear:
I also didn't have Dark Sword at the time, so I had to make do with Weapon Bless(Earth). still hit comparable numbers though!

Now I'm curious though, what's the POW spread you've got everyone on? Take your time on noting it down though, I'm in no hurry. I just want to compare our runs is all.
Believe it or not, you actually motivated me into getting back into it. (Though now my time is spent on MHG, 7th Dragon III, and other such matters.)
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2016, 06:49:03 AM »
I had a few issues with Iku myself...Though largely due in part to playing differently than you, and wanting to get Mad Thunder without beating her before that happened. :V
You would not believe how many times I had to reset simply because she used Thunderclap and Satori learned that instead. :ohdear:
I also didn't have Dark Sword at the time, so I had to make do with Weapon Bless(Earth). still hit comparable numbers though!

Now I'm curious though, what's the POW spread you've got everyone on? Take your time on noting it down though, I'm in no hurry. I just want to compare our runs is all.
Believe it or not, you actually motivated me into getting back into it. (Though now my time is spent on MHG, 7th Dragon III, and other such matters.)
I guess I'm lucky then. I only have to repeat twice, one because she used Thunderclap, and two because she didn't hit Satori with the Mad Thunder.

POW spread:
Reimu: I max her Barrier tree so that she can heal 3 persons at once while curing Permanent with her healing.  She got decent growth in her Spirit and Concentration since I want her to strengthened her light spells, and bonus HP and RES, though she only got 3 points each in her Exorcism and Gohei.\
Marisa: I lean her POW heavily to Astronomy and Laser to strengthened her overall magic and give her slayer to Warrior, Magician, and Giant. She also got decent 7 points in her Magic and Broom, this is at the cost of Power tree because I don't use Master Spark that much.
Sanae: Balanced POW growth overall that leans towards Wind Priestess, Miracle, and her weapon.
Aya: Balanced POW growth that leans heavily towards her weapon.
Sakuya: Heavily leans toward Time Stop and 2 Handed Sword with the rest only having 3-5 POW. +135 PATK? Yes please.
Patchouli: Since she's pure black mage. I got no need to put point towards her weapon and Knowledge Storage since it increase PATK.
Nitori: Heavily leans towards Research (Chasers) and her Gun. I don't think it's worth increasing anything else since it increases so little.
Mokou: I don't know which one of her skill tree is the best. I think it's her Fist and Phoenix.
Byakuren: She's amazing at buffs, so...
Alice: I maxed her Manupulation skill tree and I have 10 points each in her Craft and Dummy skill tree. She has no need to attack right?
Satori: I don't know which part of her skill tree is better. Is it the ability to inflict Permanent which I never use, or is it the ability to inflict Variety which I never use as well? I'll go for Third Eye instead, it got PATK, MATK +30 if you allocate 13 POW in it.
Youmu: My favorite stance for her is Manussya. I so leans her skill tree heavily toward it while giving the rest of it decent POW.

So that's my POW allocation for everyone I guess.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2016, 04:51:20 PM »
You could've just screencapped y'know. would've probably only taken...what, 5-10 minutes give or take?
As for Nitori, I've actually gotten ludicrous use out of her tree that has the Auto-Heal passives. second from the top, left side. she's got one in there that restores 2 MP a turn, which is a godsend. I relied on that and her higher-end Gun skills so much against the Eirin/Kaguya boss fight. Plus she doesn't even need Byakuren's help to use an Element, which will make her potentially useful to you in the upcoming boss fight, as Byakuren will likely be too busy buffing other people to pay attention to elementally-imbuing Nitori.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2016, 11:34:56 PM »
Worth mentioning that starting in stage 12 and (almost?) every one afterwards, there's hidden (read:almost or completely invisible) chests with shards of adamantite and orichalcum. It will be pretty helpful if you get them; the wiki has images showing where each one is.

Spoiler:
Tenshi might be a good time to try out Mad Thunder, too... Satori's got some important magic boosters in her learning tree and miscellaneous tree, and eyes suck once you're done with poison. You might need a solid Alice+Sanae defensive to actually keep her alive in that fight, but, that somewhat goes for most characters, actually...

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2016, 12:50:22 PM »
You could've just screencapped y'know. would've probably only taken...what, 5-10 minutes give or take?
I actually screencapped them. But I don't want to fill the the topic with 12 pictures. Yeah, I'm weird.

Worth mentioning that starting in stage 12 and (almost?) every one afterwards, there's hidden (read:almost or completely invisible) chests with shards of adamantite and orichalcum. It will be pretty helpful if you get them; the wiki has images showing where each one is.
Yeah, they're pretty well hidden even I couldn't seen them.

Stage 14 - Bhava-agra

I don't like this stage.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2016, 01:00:04 PM »
Genbu's Swamp actually is a canon area, it's been in the official comics and looks just like it does in the game. (Is octagonally tiled swamps a japan thing...?)

Forest of Magic 2... I recall a variety of elements being pretty necessary to have around for the stage to go smoothly.

Your Everyday NEET

Genbu's Swamp actually is a canon area, it's been in the official comics and looks just like it does in the game. (Is octagonally tiled swamps a japan thing...?)
Whoops... Strike 1 for me for not doing research before mocking them.

Beginning of Part 3

In which I don't give a shit about any of the villains.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Nice images there  :getdown:

By the way, I did an unnecessarily large writeup about Stage 19 for you in advance, so that you won't have nightmares about the
Spoiler:
triple party split