Author Topic: UEFA EURO 2016, anyone?  (Read 51280 times)

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
Re: UEFA EURO 2016, anyone?
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2016, 06:25:33 PM »
The overall security at the tournament leaves a lot to be desired. Firecrackers could be heard throughout the matches since the first day, and that isn't even close to a good idea doing such a thing within a crowd of tens of thousands of people.
Also, the riots outside the stadiums are really disgraceful, no matter from which country the ones involved come from.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2016, 06:28:14 PM »
ANOTHER late game-changer goal?? And in a mostly one-sided match to boot?
The last 10 minutes of play are becoming a minefield in this tournament....

As for the so-called "antics" of certain people, i'm simply disgusted. Especially by what happened the last few days OUTSIDE the stadiums.....

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2016, 06:33:43 PM »
According to explanations post-game, Croatia has a lot of turbulence between its Football Association and its fans; there is a loud subsection of fans that are extremely unhappy with 2 top executives and are actively doing everything they can to embarrass them and the FA. They've already had to play games in empty stadiums recently. That's why they started all this despite being up 2-1 late, they want their national team to get kicked out of Euro. That means you have hooligans and non-hooligans fighting in the stands (the latter angry at the former for being such malicious idiots), danger on the field, and the players are unfortunately stuck with a subset of fans that are actively trying to ruin their hard work. Crazy.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2016, 06:44:08 PM »
According to explanations post-game, Croatia has a lot of turbulence between its Football Association and its fans; there is a loud subsection of fans that are extremely unhappy with 2 top executives and are actively doing everything they can to embarrass them and the FA. They've already had to play games in empty stadiums recently. That's why they started all this despite being up 2-1 late, they want their national team to get kicked out of Euro. That means you have hooligans and non-hooligans fighting in the stands (the latter angry at the former for being such malicious idiots), danger on the field, and the players are unfortunately stuck with a subset of fans that are actively trying to ruin their hard work. Crazy.
Sometimes I'm quite worried about the attitude of the fans that are running around.
I mean, for heaven's sake, they don't need to devastate everything in order to draw attention to their dissatisfaction, more or less normal regularly held protests should've done the thing AFAIK. Their current behavior is only going to cause more trouble.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2016, 06:53:23 PM »
I just saw footage of the firecracker, and holy crap how was that not any worse than it was. I've heard various bits and pieces of the other security issues that have happened so far (haven't been following the tournament as a whole as closely as some others here), but the general implications behind these breaches are really concerning.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2016, 07:48:35 PM »
lolTurkey got wrecked, packed and sent home. I don't think we'll ever become a good football country. (Not that we were one in the first place).

Edit, well there is still 2nd half but unless SanaeMiracle happens, this is over.

Edit2 lolnope Sanae is not even going to help out here. Faith is for the transient people.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 08:37:28 PM by Helepolis »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2016, 08:42:26 PM »
Looks like Turkey have given up at this point. Was hoping they could die with dignity, but a goal seems really unlikely, and you can see on their faces that they've given up. Ah well.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2016, 08:58:39 PM »
First problem, Turkey's coach. Fatih Terim is simply not fit to run a team. He has failed in the past and currently as well. But this isn't just all his fault.

Second problem, Turkey's football skills. It is a blown up bubble. Turkey hasn't performed well in neither Euro Cup, World Cup, Champions League or Europe League. We can't play disciplined like the Germans. We don't have the endurance like Russians. We don't have the spicy play like England. Fuck.

Third problem, Turkey's football environment. Face it, almost all famous foreign players who join a Turkish team usually do it for the money and sort of retirement / career ending reason. It is like retirement paradise, because you just have to perform a little bit well and then you can lay around at some beach eating borek and drinking Raki. Nobody will care if you're loved, foreign and famous

I know I am bashing my country too much, but every cup and league I see the same thing over and over and over. We need young talented players, but won't be happening for another 10 years.

Dutchland has the same problem a bit. Also old farts who can't just face that their time is over. (That is why they failed to even qualify for the EC, lol).

Espadas

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2016, 07:34:16 AM »
First problem, Turkey's coach. Fatih Terim is simply not fit to run a team. He has failed in the past and currently as well. But this isn't just all his fault.
100% agree. Don't know how he got to lead a national team. Has he ever been successfull wih ANY team?
And i think the same can be said regarding Roy Hodgson too, although i seems to remember he actually did good in the past with a club team.....

Dutchland has the same problem a bit. Also old farts who can't just face that their time is over. (That is why they failed to even qualify for the EC, lol).
While i agree that old players shouldn't hog the team spots (God knows Italy have been a prime example of this many times >_>), some of them can bring experience and leadership in a younger team.
Are you speaking in a general sense or about some specific players that instead of helping were dead weights?

Anyway, congrats to Spain for being the first team to soundly, clearly defeat the opponent.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 07:37:51 AM by Espadas »

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2016, 02:14:27 PM »
Speaking of Turkey, the Turkish referee seems to be missing his glasses today. His decisions so far are often unfair towards Ireland. Makes watching the game a frustrating experience.

Edit: of course at this point there's no doubt Belgium deserves the win. These counterattacks are pure murder.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 02:27:32 PM by nav' »
Рабинович глядит на плакат ?Ленин умер, но дело его живет!?
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Tengukami

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2016, 04:19:39 PM »
15' Scary Iceland Football Chant got a mention on BBC! Still gotta work on passing to where someone is, or to teammates. Hungary looking dangerous.

30' Both these teams missing chances.

39' Cheap penalty, but we'll take it!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 04:42:37 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2016, 04:41:55 PM »
Iceland finally able to exploit Hungary's awful, awful defending. All this ball possession isn't doing much good for the Hungarians. Their creativity runs out near the penalty area.
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Tengukami

« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2016, 04:46:32 PM »
42' FIRST
Spoiler:
yellow card
!

Another solidly defensive game from Iceland, despite some missed chances. But Hungary is a mess. I still think Iceland's penalty was pure luck, but if they can punch through Hungary again, they could take it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 04:52:27 PM by Tengukami »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2016, 04:53:55 PM »
Go Iceland Go!
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2016, 05:03:16 PM »
I still think Iceland's penalty was pure luck, but if they can punch through Hungary again, they could take it.
The penalty was clearly a direct consequence of Kirlay's rather amateurish goalkeeping mistake. That's why my post above puts emphasis on Hungary's poor defending. Many silly, easily exploitable errors mean the midfield and ball possession dominance is completely undone. Agreed that Iceland could easily pounce on another such chance and extend their lead.
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Tengukami

« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2016, 05:25:40 PM »
66' Hungary getting rowdy all of a sudden!

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2016, 05:37:49 PM »
Is it me, or is Iceland's defensive work slowly getting shaky? Not that Hungary know how to exploit that.

As a bit of trivia, one of Hungary's subs, Nikolić, played for Legia Warszawa (the Polish champion) last season and was the league's top goalscorer by far. For whatever reason the Hungarian manager doesn't seem to trust him much.
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Tengukami

« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2016, 05:40:53 PM »
80' Hungary is rattled, but Iceland is tired. This is nerve-wracking.

83' Iceland's golden boy is here!

87' DJ?FULSINS ANDSKOTANS

90' Aaaahhh!! That was too stressful!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 05:55:14 PM by Tengukami »

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2016, 05:57:40 PM »
Late Goal Championships 2016TM, now with own goals. :colonveeplusalpha:

While my heart goes out to Iceland, that was a seriously entertaining game right to the very end. I would give anything to have these 2 teams escape the group, I want more of this. This has been a tournament full of firsts, and this game added two more:

• Latest own-goal in Euro history.
  • First time Hungary earned a point after trailing at halftime in a major tournament (previously 0-13-0).

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Tengukami

« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2016, 06:05:44 PM »
Yeah, Hungary really rallied in the second half. Their goal was well played, and they just kept heading up field. Iceland's nuclear option defused in the end, and Hungary had wore them down. Local announcers remain mathematically motivated optimists.

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2016, 07:31:54 PM »
Half an hour in and I can't believe Portugal isn't in the lead already. Austria is fiercely competing with Ukraine for the dubious title of the worst team of this tournament so far.

60 minutes in. This is going to end with Austria scoring in the last minute, isn't it?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 08:18:59 PM by nav' »
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2016, 08:37:19 PM »
79'

PENALTY for Portugal.

But Ronaldo MISSED it, he hit the left post!

Holy crap.

:V

EDIT: 85', Ronaldo actually got the ball into the net, but he was offside!

EDIT 2: Ladies and gentlemen, the second goalless tie in this Euro!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 08:52:28 PM by Jimmy »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2016, 09:26:03 PM »
100% agree. Don't know how he got to lead a national team. Has he ever been successfull wih ANY team?
He has been like maybe once successful in Champions League ages ago and made Galatasaray 1-2 (forgot, maybe more) times National champion. But that is about fucking it. The best Turkey ever did was World Cup (forgot year) where they were 3rd. They got destroyed by Brazil back then in the 1/2th finals and won the loser-bracket-match vs Korea. Hakan Sukur did score the fastest goal ever that game though. (at 0:12 seconds or so?)

Speaking of Turkey, the Turkish referee seems to be missing his glasses today. His decisions so far are often unfair towards Ireland. Makes watching the game a frustrating experience.
Haven't seen the match, couldn't judge. Normally he is quite strict with many things.

Fuck it, I am going to root for Iceland. Tengu, you got my cheers for your country. I'll ask Remilia to slightly alter the fate in Iceland's favour :V

I am neutral about Belgium. I wish them good luck but I am not going to root for them as their neighbour. Hope they get to the finals vs Iceland, ghehehe.

Edit: Also lolRonaldo.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 09:27:54 PM by Helepolis »

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2016, 11:22:38 PM »
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2016, 06:46:01 AM »
Lesse, that Portugal vs. Austria tie is a lucky break for Iceland, but they still definitely need to win against Austria. Or everyone ties again. :V

Espadas

« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2016, 08:12:21 AM »
Thank you guys, that hilarious/painful pic and the comments about Lolnaldo made me crack a smile even in the worst day of my life. I really needed it.

Come on Iceland, don't give up!

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2016, 04:03:03 PM »
Thank you guys, that hilarious/painful pic and the comments about Lolnaldo made me crack a smile even in the worst day of my life. I really needed it.
Come on Iceland, don't give up!
Glad to hear that. By the way, the picture is of two Belgian players trying to stop the Irish forward in their own area. The penalty was not given. Totally legit tackles, as everyone can plainly see.

Watching the tournament is going to be a fairly difficult task in the coming four days, because of all the matches played simultaneously. I'll be trying to watch both matches at once whenever possible, one on TV and one on my laptop via online stream. Fun times ahead.

Edit: So, watching both matches. Unfortunately the Polish commentators take great pleasure in bashing the Albanian team for no good reason, making the game a pain to watch. Romania is completely neutralized and Albania deserves the lead, being the dominant side in terms of danger created. Meanwhile, France keeps trying to crush Switzerland. No luck so far, but Swiss counterattacks seem rather ineffective.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 07:48:49 PM by nav' »
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2016, 09:04:22 PM »
Double post, but damn if it isn't worth it. Romania - Albania was so fun to watch! Truly a game of passion, ambition and fighting spirit, tense to the very end. Albania is now officially my favourite team of the tournament and while their -2 goal difference isn't very optimistic, they still retain a chance to reach the knockout phase! I wish them all the best.

In contrast, France - Switzerland was mainly a game of torn t-shirts and broken footballs to me. Couldn't keep my attention at all.
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2016, 11:26:14 AM »
Not going to lie, watching Albania bag their first ever win in a major tourny was special; much like Northern Ireland bagging their first ever Euro win. It's proving to be a special time for the teams that don't normally get to enjoy this sort of taste...

Today is the big day for both England and Wales; especially Wales as this could see them really make the headlines if they make it to the last 16. Sure, I'd love to see them both in there, but I'm actually hoping Wales do it more just to rub it in! XD

Tengukami

« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2016, 07:41:30 PM »
Picked Russia v. Wales, wasn't disappointed. 0-2 at 37' and Russia is being really shy up field, while Wales is making a lot of beautiful attempts. Their defense is still a bit loose, tho, so maybe Russia can take a chance in get in there.