~Beyond the Border~ > Daiyousei's Cold Storage
CPSS7: Embodiment of Secret Santa REVEAL POSTED
<< < (115/117) > >>
Drake:
relevant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLBShiGoJFo
Tengukami:

--- Quote from: Drake on January 22, 2016, 11:47:11 AM ---relevant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLBShiGoJFo

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Q: Why do [people who watch this] find it funny?
A: Because someone was speaking with a Kansai accent.
--- End quote ---

This killed me.

Also, it was really interesting (like the host points out) that they didn't really get what the video was trying to say at first. I found it really encouraging, though, that when they were asked some pointed questions about the depicted situation, they showed a pretty good level of tolerance for foreigners who are at least trying to speak the language. Kind of gives me a little bit of hope for the new generation of Japanese.
Nietz:
Getting the gift done and sent ended up being quite an ordeal. Based on Helepolis' past gifts, I had been entertaining the idea of a sending something involving a puzzle of some sort. I had even considered the lock + lockpicks one, but rejected that because of doubts about the legality (hence my surprise when Hele did exactly that).
Drawing Tamashii, who was an Undertale fan, gave me the perfect opportunity to go overboard with this, moreso because I was also a fan and soon had all kinds of ideas for it.
But just then a selection process for a teaching position opened up and I got very busy studying and traveling out of state to take it. So when I was free again I had to go around buying lunchboxes, making holes in for locks in them, printing stuff and assembling everything. (I had to give up on some ideas in the end, like the snake-in-a-can with Flowey's face that springs out and throws "friendliness tic-tacs" on you. =p)
It was way after the international deadline when I managed to sent it, and then I was worrying whether it wouldn't arrive super late, if it wouldn't be stopped at the border for all the suspicious locked boxes inside, if the lollipops wouldn't melt, and lastly if  my partner wouldn't find the puzzle thing too dumb or boring.
Fortunately, none of that happened. Seeing some of the other gifts, I kinda feel I should've sent more stuff, but the "experience" factor seemed to have been pretty successful. :)
I told my girlfriend to remember me to not got through this kind of trouble next time, but who am I kidding, I'll probably do it anyway. (●`‿?●)

--- Quote from: Edible on January 02, 2016, 06:15:22 PM ---Nietz detected.

--- End quote ---
Hey, I have a reputation to maintain. (danbooru link)

--- Quote from: Helepolis on January 22, 2016, 09:36:01 AM ---Wait, so while you actually were speaking in Japanese, she refused to speak back in Japanese and kept putting up English!? Why?

--- End quote ---
Happens annoyingly often, especially in Tokyo. A lot less elsewhere though. I guess it might be that they're used to getting tourists who can't speak Japanese or have only a few phrases memorized. Cultural stubbornness about foreigners not being supposed to speak Japanese also definitely plays a part though.
Rin Kagamine:

--- Quote from: Helepolis on January 22, 2016, 09:36:01 AM ---My shipping story: Costed me money. I found the recording of movies quite fun to be honest.

Also highly suspicious of Vic Viper rigging the pairing system to roll me as SS. I am not quite sure what he did to Reimu in order to make her HAXOR the list. Probably was one hell of a donation.

Wait, so while you actually were speaking in Japanese, she refused to speak back in Japanese and kept putting up English!? Why?

--- End quote ---
Every single year I gotta shout about how the hat has no bias! No respect.

It's extremely common. I rarely got the BIKURIII response but I often tried to greet people first. I actually ran into more of the "we're gonna keep speaking Japanese at you until you understand" treatment in Hiroshima, but outside the city that disappeared.

Also, our Melonbooks was like 2/3 R18 stuff. I bought my Sukusuku Hakutaku there :V
Tengukami:
If it makes you all feel any better, I'm a fluent speaker of the native language here and still get people answering me in English. I've taken to pretending I don't understand English in order to make them respond in the language I just used when talking to them.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version