Author Topic: FTL: Faster Than Light Mafia Pt. 2 (The Last Stand) (Contains Lots of Images)  (Read 39356 times)

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
Re: FTL: Faster Than Light Mafia Pt. 2 (Sector 5, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2015, 04:09:11 PM »
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/rf8MWVDsUMZr5

You are looking for post 14.

Twitterposting is not a problem but you aren't even bothering to post at all when the argument was about you. When you had plenty of opportunities to. 'Wary of clogging the thread with useless posts' is a shaky reason at best.

I want to hear you explain, not conqs.

>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2015, 05:26:00 PM »
Could you cite where the argument was about me and where I didn't post about it.  Afaik the only one who ever advocated and presented a reason for my lynch has been serela, and I've responded to it multiple times.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2015, 05:29:00 PM »
I've already said why ascetic is op, especially in this game, it counters every town role but the 1-shot vig.  I'm referring to conq for an agreement

Don't lynch me.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2015, 05:55:29 PM »
Link me to those points of yours ty, also phoneposting here

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2015, 01:30:01 AM »
Hard to say which vote is more painful, this or patorikkus dorian vote. 

I don't get the 2nd half at all.  It's scummy to target prime scum candidate bard and scum shalako?  Am I too towny to be town, is that it? Because the existence of a governor does not mean scum become limited to busing one another.

Why is bard town and not a bus vote then, when things go south.  Could scum shalako not afford to distance there knowing he was about to take the hit?
You had only two quotes' worth of content since you forced me to ISO this myself, and honestly, it doesn't feel anything like a genuine 'response' more than just shrugging off his pursue via twitterposting, its also exponentially difficult because your post history as far as this game is concerned just has generrally little content. Could you care to elaborate in detail?

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2015, 01:51:04 AM »
*two quotes worth of content which specifically responds to Serela

*this is the only one against his Dan case

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2015, 03:58:19 AM »
re:balance Ascetic would be ridiculously strong in this setup, yes, although historically I've seen mixed results with scum ascetics; here it does a good job of negating the hijacker, tracker and cop while having few downsides (I guess one of which would be the lack of viable fakeclaim). Whether NNR would put it in his game is another question, this is the guy who thought bp jailkeeper was a good idea.

@Patorikku I don't have anything to say about DNA's meta, I've only seen one recent game of his

Starting on the game now anyway

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2015, 05:04:08 AM »
Rereading my notes on D1, and I have noticed that Dormio had been hinting toward his scum suspects with weird rhetoric to make it seem as if he's not really suspecting them, such as on 108 and 246. Bard on 198 points out that he seemed to be keeping his hands from getting dirty, which is kind of my read on that situation as well. Dunno how much this may help with the investigation on the Dormio/Dan slot, but since Dan's been doing a lot of coasting as well, I thought it may be relevant. Something about a playstyle that refuses to get dirty mixed with a commuter claim doesn't add up to me; if I were town and I knew I could at least keep myself out of getting NK'd once, I wouldn't feel the need to lurk quite as hard as Dan/Dormio had been. Gonna read through D2 now and see if I can get some more info.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2015, 06:34:59 AM »
Okay, fuck, WHAT ARE WE DOING!? At this point in the game, I think we're all pretty deadset on the idea that either Dan or Serela is scum, with maybe a few posts here and there where each one of us hints at the vague possibility of Conq or DNA being scum, but honestly, I'm convinced both of them are town. In my mind, any further speculation is more an attempt to ensure we get the winning lynch today rather than next day phase, so it's more like getting a high score than anything! So right now, I'm just voting my biggest scumread which has not changed all day.

##Vote Serela

I don't even know what I want to say that I haven't already said. Shady halfclaim for role, trying to draw the attention of scum when there's like two or three confirmed/near-confirmed townies wide open for safe NKs? I don't think you honestly zoned out on that. I CAN'T believe you can zone out on that. Beyond that, you can read just about any other post where I mention Serela for how I feel about his play throughout the game. AND I STILL THINK THE N2 ROLESHENS WERE NECESSARY.

I'm getting petty here... Bringing myself back to Earth.

If it's not Serela, it's Dan. This is all the conversations today have been telling me. If somehow it turns out that Conq or DNA are scum, then BRAVO, guy, your scumgame was on point!

L-1 on Serela. If anyone's around and wants to hammer, please do.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2015, 07:02:47 AM »
I dunno, I am actually feeling a bit less sure about who we should lynch first upon initially would upon ISOing Dans posts.

I don't feel Dan is scummier than serela, but it isn't exactly because Dan has better interactions or cases. Like I said already, he's more 'politically correct' if anything, and I feel that a large part of why I want to lynch serela first stems from the recency effect of having Dan being forgotton, so Serelas screwups are just more prominent in our heads.

Basically, I feel that lynching Dan later is just rewarding a degenerate playstyle, so I would rather policy lynch him first, and I do trust conq enough that he won't pull such a gambit and crumb it.

##UnVote

Conqueror

« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2015, 07:33:29 AM »
Reading all the d1 walls again made me remember why I put off this reread for so long. I ended up skimming most of them.

Anyway!

Shalako did a lot of responding to Darkninja and DNA basically tunneled onto Shalako all the way from D1. Compare Shalako's interactions with Bard, some light questioning and minor interactions. Makes me think Shalako would ignore his third buddy as well. Serela and Dormio could both fit this profile I suppose.
Bard keeps pursuing Serela over a question he's already answered, and at the end of the day suddenly handwaves Serela for effort and leads a powerwagon on Dormio. Does this look like a late D1 bus? I don't think so. At that point the wagons were pretty spread out and Dormio was so inactive that he could easily have been lynched imo despite people like me pushing against the lynch.

D2, Dan comes into the day strongly with a Bard push. This in itself doesn't mean too much since he could have picked this up as a replacement read. But Dan never really lets up on this read and he does note that the only other lynch he prefers is the Shalako lynch. Coming from another player this could be a superbus but like I've said many times before, Dan doesn't do heavy busses as scum, especially not in a role madness game, although under the scenario that he's ascetic he could afford it more I guess. But it would have been far easier for him to just park his vote on a townie like he's done in all his other scum games.

Serela's D2 post on Bard with the most terrible waffles ever reminds me why I wanted to lynch him back then.

Dna starts the Shalako wagon going on D2 at a time when the wagons were stagnating, which reaffirms the town read I have on him. Meanwhile Serela goes after Shadoweh.

Anyway, despite the governor, from Shalako/Bard's interactions it looks like the scum didn;t commit to bussing until the end of D2 when Shalako weaseled his way onto Bard, so Serela defending Bard/Shalako fits into that.

I got to Night 2 and Dan/dna's reaction to the no lynch and questioning of Shalako's claim both read genuine. Serela in the mean while tries to push the angle the Shalako is a town unlynchable or delayed something or other. I think the scum, having a governor, might suspect a town vig and would want try to prevent them from shooting Shalako and saving town from wasting another day.

Day 3 Sky comes in and barely mentions Serela at all, meanwhile Serela doesn't do any analysis of Sky's posts and the only reason he finds Sky suspicious is because of his role. Which is fine, but it kinda shows that Serela wasn't really trying to figure out sky apart from the role stuff. Sky did post content, even if it was sparse, and I think some to it was questionable enough to analyze at the very least.
Meanwhile DNA does a good job questioning a lot of people and Dan defends Dorian at a point where the scum can't really afford to lose another player.

The rest just looks like confirming all of this tbh.

Pretty confident in lynching Serela and ending the game at this point, rereading just made all the connections obvious and there are a lot of things which show that everyone else is town.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Conqueror

« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2015, 07:38:46 AM »
*a lot of little things

Also Serela's role is the most useless thing if true. Activated PGO is one thing, but apparently Serela has to target that person and they have to be the person to kill him for the role to activate? Basically a vanilla townie when everyone else has at the very least a useful role.

Also, I just caught this while reading, but Shadoweh lying about her role was very clever.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2015, 07:40:00 AM »
:v

What can I say, conq descends upon us foolish mortals with clarity and impenetrable logic that I just couldn't help but nod my head along.

My read has been reaffirmed, should I drop my vote?

Conqueror

« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2015, 07:41:44 AM »
What are the votals?
If NNR is around I'm tempted to just throw it down and end the game right now.

Conqueror

« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2015, 07:44:15 AM »
Okay only Patorikku is voting

##Target Serela

Don't see anything changing my mind at this point, honestly. And I think we're all just about finished with this.

Conqueror

« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2015, 07:47:10 AM »
Unless we want to wait for Dan to chip in with something I guess. Your decision. I'm going to sleep and hoping I'm done with mafia posts for this game.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2015, 07:53:38 AM »
I am honestly over and done already with the game, thanks for rereading for us as I don't have the time, I want the results.

##Vote Serela

Hammer

ActionDan

« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2015, 12:22:17 PM »
Should be over.  I decided that Serela being dead wrong at every turn was a better indicator than anything else

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2015, 12:51:08 PM »
dan you know I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to post 4 hours after hammer

like at least I'm the person who's dead
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2015, 02:09:23 PM »
Reminder that spamming my PM inbox at 4 in the morning is not very likely to wake me up for a flip.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2015, 02:27:40 PM »
Serela had been dead wrong at every turn. And that was why the Rebel Fleet had decided she had to die. Faced with far too many ships then what she could retaliate against, Serela fought bravely, using every bomb, missile, and crew member she could throw at the Rebel Fleet.

It was a long battle, as Serela's ship proved to be especially hardy, and had weapons the Rebel Fleet had not yet faced, proving to be an extra challenge.

Finally, though, after a major beating from all sides, the four-on-one finally came to a conclusion, as Serela's ship finally breaks into pieces...

...but could you really collect any scrap out of what was left?

Serela's ship, The Bravais, Vengeful Rebel, has shattered into a thousand pieces!

Welcome to Faster Than Light Mafia, Captain!
You have been chosen to pilot the ancient Crystal ship, The Bravais

The Crystalmen are the ancient ancestors of the Rockmen, having bodies made of gleaming crystal, which is sharp and strong like rock, although not as tough. The Crystalmen live in an ancient civilization hidden in the far, far depths of the galaxy, and it is said that it can only be traveled to through ruins in the Rock Homeworlds. Crystalmen come from planets where the air is thin, and thus can survive on very little oxygen.
The federation has threatened the sanctity of the ancient crystal words, and for this they must be punished, by you.

Your ship's special ability is:
Crystal Vengeance. Your ancient and unknown technology lets you get the ultimate vengeance on anyone who attacks you.
The ancient crystal ships are built like no other, being composed mainly of the same material its people are, with strange weapons that fire chunks of deadly crystal. If you visit a player who during the same Scrapping Cycle attempts to destroy you, the deadly crystal shards that erupt from your ship upon it's destruction will surely destroy the enemy as well.
To prepare this ability simply PM the command, ##Retaliate: Playername
You can only do this during a Scrapping Cycle.

You wish to scrap the Federation ships, and thus this space combat won't stop until you've destroyed their entire force.

"How the bloody hell do you unlock this?" -Everyone
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: FTL: Faster Than Light Mafia Pt. 2 (Sector 5, Scrapping Cycle)
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2015, 02:28:45 PM »
The Scrapping Cycle has begun. The Rebel Fleet will soon jump to the next sector, so send your actions in.

BT Replaces Darkninja
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:34:39 PM by NekoNekoRex »

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
FTL: Faster Than Light Mafia Pt. 2 (Sector 6, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2015, 09:50:44 PM »
After a long time exploring the edge of the sector, the fleet transmits a roll call in preparation for the jump.

However, one ship is missing yet again.

After some searching, however, on the far edge of the sector, you finally find the remains of Patorikku's ship.

There's actually quite a bit of it still there, among what appears to be several dead bodies floating in space nearby - jettisoned into space far from the ship itself, and several chunks of hull of another ship among them... probably The Kestrel. It seems that Patorikku's crew put up quite a fight with the Federation ship, as they were both obviously well-armed, and well-manned. Unfortunately, it seems the Kestrel had the upper hand, as aside from what chunks Patorikku managed to rip off, there's no other signs of any broken ship hulls. The Kestrel remains undefeated... and almost home.

Patorikku, piloting The Basilisk, Rebel 1-Shot Vig, died a glorious death!

Welcome to Faster Than Light Mafia, Captain!
You have been chosen to pilot the deadly Mantis ship, The Basilisk

The Mantis are a race of insectoid creatures, similar to the praying mantis as the name suggests, as vicious as they are many. The Mantis are one of the most feared races in the galaxy. Known for their brutal tactics and extreme aggression, there are not many who can stand up to a Mantis assault and live to tell the tale. Warlords of the galaxy. Mantis are inept at technology, which usually leads to them taking it by force rather then discovering it themselves. It's no surprise Mantis have managed to become this advanced despite their primitive ways.
You have decided to join the this fight against the smaller Federation force in hopes of getting a few battle trophies, perhaps to decorate your ship with later, as it commands respect from your race to adorn your ship with many gory trophies.

Your ship's special ability is:
Teleporter technology, allowing your fearsome Mantis crew to board enemy ships.
The only thing worse then fighting Mantis is fighting Mantis in boarding combat. By teleporting your crew directly onto another ship, you can bypass their shields and hull to kill their entire crew, leaving the ship easy pickings to get scrapped.
You can use this command by PMing ##Teleport: Playername. You can only do this during a Scrapping Cycle.
Since this battle is so intense, your crew won't have time to heal at all during the battle, and thus will only be strong enough to use the Teleporter ONE TIME.

You wish to scrap the Federation ships, and thus this space combat won't stop until you've destroyed their entire force.

tldr you're a Rebel 1-Shot Vig

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: FTL: Faster Than Light Mafia Pt. 2 (Sector 6 , Combat Cycle)
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2015, 09:58:54 PM »
THE REBEL FLEET HAS REACHED SECTOR 6: SLUG HOME NEBULA

"The Slugs that live in this nebula field are a leisure-centered civilization. Everything in Slug life is done in the pursuit of more currency and more time in which to spend it on extravagant ventures. This, inevitably, leads to much treachery in open space."

The Combat Cycle will end sometime August 3rd
All ships have been severely weakened by prolonged battle.
Any one ship could easily be destroyed by the remaining two others.

Active Captains:
BT
Conqueror
ActionDan

The Rebel Fleet will reach the last remaining Federation Stronghold in THE NEXT SECTOR
THE REBEL FLEET ADMIRAL HAS ISSUED A SYMLO WARNING TO ALL REMAINING REBEL SHIPS.
THE KESTREL MUST BE DEFEATED AT ALL COSTS.

Conqueror

« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2015, 10:23:32 PM »
I really hate this game.
I don't know where to start so it looks like I'll have to do another reread.
Both of you had really great interactions though, so congrats to whoever is the last scum.

ActionDan

« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2015, 12:13:24 AM »
I personally thought conq was gonna die.  Sorta a pleasant surprise

Don't lynch me.

Conqueror

« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2015, 06:11:59 AM »
Hmm. I guess I'd ask Dan why he kinda petered off after the Sky lynch?

Mostly interested in how BT enters the game I think. I'm not about to read darkninja's posts again at this point and skimming them didn't give me any real conclusion other than dna posts way too much.

Conqueror

« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2015, 06:18:04 AM »
Why did you think I would die over Patorikku? From your perspective Patorikku should be the obvious kill for anyone wanting to frame you for the kills or someone going for the low info kill. And I'm still a potential mislynch since weird things tend to happen at lylo, although I haven't been mislynched as town in forever.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2015, 06:29:32 AM »
Hmm, I guess I'll start by asking you two why not crossvote. Like, if there's sufficient doubt that DNA was a scum slot. From bits and pieces of following the past few cycles I thought I'd be deciding LYLO, or dead.

In fact, I was sure Conq or I would die, but I guess the one-shot vig claim was a strong enough clear?

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2015, 06:31:19 AM »
Based on the fact that no one would want to 1v1 Town Conq in LYLO, and I don't know how strong of a player Pato was.