Author Topic: FTL: Faster Than Light Mafia Pt. 2 (The Last Stand) (Contains Lots of Images)  (Read 39337 times)

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
I see, so because Prims made you write something wrong into Skypal's role, you want to discourage Bard from having me review his setup.  Makes sense.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Prims didn't make me write anything, I rewrote a role, which inadvertently messed up a fakeclaim, which was similar to the role the JOAT had, who obviously had more to his role then just a 1-shot roleblock, claimed with full knowledge that the Odd Night Jailer was a safeclaim, which smart scum would know to avoid (or have a different fakeclaim handed to them entirely), so overall, Dorian's role making him a modconfirmed fake scum claim doesn't even make the slightest bit of sense,

Clearly the problem here is over-reliance on the setup to find scum, however, rather then looking at individual play, since I stated in the setup that there could be red herrings anyway.

But enough about that. From recent experience, I don't believe you can play a proper Mafia game on good terms, much less moderate one or judge a setup. I don't think you have much authority to question my setup, given you obviously refused to play in it, and did not care to actually take any interest other then to complain about it.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
"players simply gotta to play the correct way"
"you can't play a proper game"
"moderating games and checking setups is so cool you guys"
sounds pretty elitist.

Perhaps you forgot, but my objection to signing up wasn't because of problems with your setups or moderation, it was because the last game had people who signed up and then did not play.  That also happened to a lesser degree in this game. 
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
Hey friend borrowed me WiFi

Not taking sides, but IMHO the governor wasnt really a player friendly role since its demotivating for town. It is balanced on paper, but practically it just apparently tends to screw up the game more than improve it.

The flavorban shouldnt be necessary if mod wouldnt opt to follow the plot so closely, whIch as HW said, is kinda bad game design.

I just think mod should keep interaction with any players to bare minimum. That includes roles such as the SK and scums. Since from what Ive seen from the convo and qts and past games and whatnot, nnr cares alot about the games and enjoys modding, but the problem here is that he's too easily irritable and proactive in his modding he ends up sometimes outright tipping the anti town factions, which results in salty players and annoyed observers. Sometimes not even winning the favor of those who he's trying to help and generally being thought of as a bad mod/player.

I am saying this not because I want to offend, but because I see so much alike in nnr and I in that we too very easily tends to bring our iRL stress into the game and ends up compromising our effort to try and make players have fun, nnrs flavor is very on spot, but he made it clear even to players he became less and less invested in the game, thus the same happened to the playerbase too. After all, if even the host isn't enjoying his party, it will be difficult for your guests to do the same
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
The fakeclaim format was just wrong IMO, by no means should you add a 'town definitely doesn't have this role' as a clause when indeed part of the role is present in another town role and you clearly have shown to have a policy to refuse to answer questions that aim to rolegame, thats slightly bastard since we would expect role information to be absolutely true and this misleading information did have a part in directing our lynch at whoever claiming roleblock.

I think what you need is an alt version of a fakeclaim that suggests alt more towny titles scum can claim, which, even when cc'd and getting the scum lynched, will not have such devastating consequences for the towny if scum flipped.

I don't think the results matter too much, roles don't invalidate conqs amazing play regardless if town wouldve won with an extra mislynch, the point of talking about this is so we can have even better setups later, and bickering about stuff postgame and antagonizing people probably won't help with that
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
Prims didn't make me write anything, I rewrote a role, which inadvertently messed up a fakeclaim, which was similar to the role the JOAT had, who obviously had more to his role then just a 1-shot roleblock, claimed with full knowledge that the Odd Night Jailer was a safeclaim, which smart scum would know to avoid (or have a different fakeclaim handed to them entirely), so overall, Dorian's role making him a modconfirmed fake scum claim doesn't even make the slightest bit of sense, ...
That's what made me wonder too and I think the problem wasn't that the mod said ?the role Dorian claimed isn't in the game? but rather that no one went further than the superficial ?Dorian is apparently lying about his role, so he must be scum? idea nor thought about why I would do that as scum.
- I counter claimed my last buddy, so I had to go through at least two days more to win.
- I faked the claim (cause scum couldn't have the role either), which forced me to either idle the kill or to reduce my misliynch pool to provide a role I don't had.
- I knew that the save claim of my buddy contradicts my claim, so I had to expect that it will cost me a great deal of town credit.

So again, why would I do that as scum? 0_0

But that's just curiosity, cause that was only Dans reason to lynch me. The other were:
Serelas reason was PoE, Conq was mad at me for not framing someone for him, DNA was biased to the point that he called me out on bussing even before Sky fliped and Puerto Rico mostly agreed with the others.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
I am saying this not because I want to offend, but because I see so much alike in nnr and I in that we too very easily tends to bring our iRL stress into the game and ends up compromising our effort to try and make players have fun, nnrs flavor is very on spot, but he made it clear even to players he became less and less invested in the game, thus the same happened to the playerbase too. After all, if even the host isn't enjoying his party, it will be difficult for your guests to do the same
Yeah, stress is a constant problem for me, since I tend to create for myself a huge amount, even on minor things, and I'm extremely bad at being able to internalize more then a set amount (which isn't actually a very high bar), or just shrug it off, as things will still bother me if I try to shrug off / ignore it. I vent off a lot for that reason, as it's the only reliable way to calm down after any large amount of stress is piled on me.

The game itself simply had to be put in the background at a lot of points because work piling it on made stress much more huge problem, and modding the game can be stressful in its own way.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
NNR has, for a big part of his RL life, had essentially no control over his freedom or decision making due to very difficult RL pressures. It's natural that he would want to tightly control the one precious thing he could share with us - the game that he imagined. 

Thanks for running the game, NNR. You put in a huge amount of effort in what was surely a very difficult time for you. Well done. 

Im sorry i broken the rule about not claiming flavor, it was a simple misinderstaning. Grats team scum for the win o/
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
I think this thread can be best summed up with this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NylmdC_uEM