Author Topic: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Scrapping Cycle)  (Read 77370 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #930 on: July 27, 2015, 06:58:14 PM »
well probably not "unfortunately"

I mean that's overall a good thing

it's only unfortunate in relation to my role :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #931 on: July 27, 2015, 07:35:08 PM »
One-shot commuter? Fits with the immunity need. Dan, you said your role was useless if you claimed it but that's not quite true, it just adds a level of WIFOM to if you get shot. What was your thought process here?

No one would have shot me knowing I could commute. They'd just shoot between patorikku and conq and prayed.

I am not willing to believe shadoweh or patorikku even have a chance to be scum.  Conq has a possibility only if he's a rolecop that was told there wasn't a cop in the setup, which is unlikely.  Serela, DNA, and Dorian are still my prime 3 choices.  Dorian is back in the running because if he is town nnr lied to Skypal saying that no one in the rebel fleet had jailing powers

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #932 on: July 27, 2015, 07:38:51 PM »
Dorian is back in the running because if he is town nnr lied to Skypal saying that no one in the rebel fleet had jailing powers
hoooooooooooooooo boy
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #933 on: July 27, 2015, 07:55:02 PM »
Serela, DNA, and Dorian are still my prime 3 choices.  Dorian is back in the running because if he is town nnr lied to Skypal saying that no one in the rebel fleet had jailing powers
Honestly, I'd think it smarter to just cut that down to Serela and Dorian, because I doubt anyone's willing to throw away a mislynch on a possible Beloved.

Right now, I'm sticking with the Dorian train. His case points on Serela (certainly the second one, lolwut) aren't that strong, really, and it just sounds like he's pushing it onto the next likely scum candidate. I still don't know how I feel about Serela's back-and-forth with DNA, so I'll read that over again in an hour or so when there's a bit more information on the table, such as why Dorian chose (or at least is heavily implying that he chose) to jail me instead of possible scum candidates such as Dan or Serela. Not only that, but why choose to jail the one-shot vig over two half-claims such as theirs?

##Target Dorian

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #934 on: July 27, 2015, 08:15:13 PM »
##Unvote

Rethinking this, because something doesn't add up when it comes to the scenario provided. Long story short is that atm I'm thinking scum!Dorian either tried to NK Dan for some reason or else he's not scum.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #935 on: July 27, 2015, 08:21:10 PM »
I don't get confirmation that I doced someone, so I'd assume that I don't get confirmation of a rollblock. Raitiki was a role that expects to get results, though.

What a strange thing to have, a Vengeful and a one-shot vig. No wonder Sereley feels so inadequate. I suppose there's some merit in a role that can only hit scum, though. If only Serela could be less obvious about wanting to die. :V

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #936 on: July 27, 2015, 08:42:30 PM »
Theoretically I could have killed Patorikku :V:V:V:

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #937 on: July 27, 2015, 09:47:25 PM »
Alright, time for more possibly-tinfoil-hat-level theories! So I said that scum!Dorian would have to have tried NKing Dan last night in order for scum!Dorian to make any sense, right? Here's my thought process on the matter:

Suppose Dorian was telling the truth about jailing me, and forget about the "why" to that for now. Unless the possibility exists that Dorian can jail me AND target me for NK in the same night, (tinfoil hat mode on here) then he clearly didn't target me if he's scum. If that much is true, then who else could he have targeted without them dying last night? Shadoweh and Dan, I think are the two possibilities, according to the claims, and I don't think scum would bother with Shadoweh since she's confirmed town after Sky flipped scum and claimed BP ages ago. There's also whoever Shadoweh tried to defend last night, but if the info she gave us on her ability is reliable, she might've just died last night instead.

So that leaves Dan, but I really doubt there's any good reason for Dorian to do that for two reasons:
1) That would take away the one person who's been townreading Dorian pretty hard all game. This would be counterproductive for scum!Dorian, but could still be used to his advantage in that people would come to the same conclusion I did and claim that it's kinda dumb to do that.
2) This would also take away one of town's scum candidates, which means it's more likely for us to vote Dorian today or tomorrow.

So yeah. Even if he's lying about jailing me, why not NK me instead? I assume Shadoweh didn't try to protect me last night, so it would've been a success. Why go after Shadoweh or Dan in that case? It doesn't logically make sense to me. So right now, I'm not saying he's clear, but I'm townreading him until someone can bring up a point that can convince me otherwise.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #938 on: July 27, 2015, 09:59:16 PM »
If Shadoweh targetted anyone other than Dan (For example, DNA or Conq) then your logic there would be invalidated, since it's based on Dorian!scum having to have targetted Dan/Shadoweh for the NK.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #939 on: July 27, 2015, 10:02:29 PM »
or if she targeted you, even, actually.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #940 on: July 27, 2015, 10:03:41 PM »
There's also whoever Shadoweh tried to defend last night, but if the info she gave us on her ability is reliable, she might've just died last night instead.
Shadoweh say us all talking about that yesterday and came in to confirm she meant she just loses her BP if she protects someone, she doesn't outright die.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 3, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #941 on: July 27, 2015, 10:04:39 PM »
*saw
To be fair what I meant by that post is that if I save someone by bodyguarding them, I lose my BP because it counts as me being shot in their place. It's stronger then a one-shot doctor but weaker then a full doctor, other then my self-protection.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #942 on: July 27, 2015, 10:05:24 PM »
shadoweh the word you were looking for was "than", not "then

It's okay I didn't even know than was a word until last year!

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #943 on: July 27, 2015, 11:08:43 PM »
And apparently, Shadoweh gets no confirmation that she doced someone, so basically, my entire theory gets tossed out the window...

Nope, not perturbed in the least, I swear.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #944 on: July 27, 2015, 11:55:01 PM »
It's okay I didn't even know than was a word until last year!

Ah Texas

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #945 on: July 28, 2015, 12:12:28 AM »
I have high reading comprehension but a and e look similar and then and than sound like the exact same okay ;_;

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #946 on: July 28, 2015, 12:37:47 AM »
Because the three of you are the possible scum, we have one mislynch to just get rid of all of you, and after sitting a whole day on that I got hay fever over it.
You went from ?Dorian is weird yes. But apart from the weirdness lately (and it's understandable from town weirdness) I have the least reasons to want to vote him.? to vote me just within three hours for no apparent reason! That's more than hay fever. Or could you show us your clearly superior Dorian case?
Quote from: Selery
What? HOW IS THIS EVEN SCUMMY. This is accounting for all aspects of what's going on. What's scummy would be IF I WAS IGNORING ONE OF THESE.
You ignored Bards content, so that's to you ?consider all aspects?. What you did was finding reason to suspect him then looking for excuses to ignore this suspicions.
Quote from: Selery
Whilst obviously on the surface this looks suspicious, if I have a possibly important role and you consider that everyone else wanted massclaim, this is not as bad from a logical standpoint as it looks. Dan probably would have been made to claim by the others anyway. :T And I still support if I was scum I would have outed with it by now because it's far more risky not to and I've already seen basically everyone else's claims so a fakeclaim couldn't be -that- hard.
Have you ever considered that his role could have been important too? That makes you standpoint at best hypocritical but not logical. And I don't think that Dan was ever in danger to get lynched or forced to claim.

Now to why I  protected Patorikku. Confirmed town + no role left to mess up + can't get framed by scum idle the kill. Honestly, why should I try to guess the source of the kill when the target is so much clearer?

Dorian is back in the running because if he is town nnr lied to Skypal saying that no one in the rebel fleet had jailing powers
Wait what? Where does that come from?
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #947 on: July 28, 2015, 12:46:55 AM »
You ignored Bards content, so that's to you ?consider all aspects?.
That's not true. However, Bard had extremely little content to consider. It mostly consisted of voting Dormio, which I did factor in, as that slot turned into Dan. Shall I link you to the posts where I do that?

And I don't think that Dan was ever in danger to get lynched or forced to claim.
He was tied at 3 votes with the others wagons for a good while middle of the day, and other people said they wanted his claim too. It's not like I was the only one. And, when he made a claim similar to mine, I did not protest it. This is a pretty good show that I wasn't being hypocritical; he made a vague claim like me and I went "well that's alright I guess".

Wait what? Where does that come from?
SkyPal's rolepm. Sorry Dorian <.<

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #948 on: July 28, 2015, 01:23:23 AM »
Oh geez, I suddenly feel the need to quote my role PM just to force that bastard to kill me but that likely wouldn't help anyone.
The mod apparently lied, so any idea how to deal with it?
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #949 on: July 28, 2015, 01:27:00 AM »
dorian to be completely honest a lot of people feel today is between me and you anyway

and, OBVIOUSLY I AM VERY BIASED IN THIS DISCUSSION, but it felt like you were going to be lynched, and even if it was me today it'd probably be you tomorrow

(This is still a really lame reason to be lynched, obviously, but)

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #950 on: July 28, 2015, 01:44:03 AM »
Awake and took a skim, I just want to ask if Serela has pulled this kind of thing before, cause I never remember that being the case.

Dan is still ridiculously stubborn about scumreading me for some reason? >>

Dorian is still missing

A Tldr for Me would be nice since I have work
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #951 on: July 28, 2015, 01:50:19 AM »
OR not missing, apparently, shouldve taken a closer look at the page but they are flooded with alot of serely being serely I am just kind of apathetic, and we have enough Lynches to win anyway soooo

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #952 on: July 28, 2015, 01:50:33 AM »
tl;dr: Shadoweh analyzes roles and tries to figure out the setup, Serela fullclaimed as vengeful townie and cries over how useless it is for him at this point, Conq asks the good questions, Dan provides reads yet again, (and I don't think much else, actually) I put on my robe and tinfoil hat, Serela trumps my silly case by pointing out crucial details I REALLY need to not overlook, and Dorian explains why he covered me and why he feels Serela is scum.

That's my understanding of what's up here.

Cut by 1

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #953 on: July 28, 2015, 01:52:41 AM »
Shaodweh, do you get confirmation for losing your bp vest, at least?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #954 on: July 28, 2015, 01:53:51 AM »
considering doc save=losing vest, she's already essentially said no

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #955 on: July 28, 2015, 01:57:43 AM »
Ok, I got the gist of of it, will drop case once I have some free time.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #956 on: July 28, 2015, 01:58:56 AM »
Dude, Serela, what if Shadoweh gets RB'd? Then she couldnt have known if she suceeded or not when say, Patrorikku shot her.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #957 on: July 28, 2015, 02:03:36 AM »
Then she couldnt have known if she suceeded or not when say, Patrorikku shot her.
wh...
what?

I'm... I'm confused. :C

Also the scum roleblocker is dead. I mean unless Dorian roleblocked and shot her at once? But if we're talking about shenanigans like that, they don't really help us actually scumhunt on people, it's too theoretical. So long as Shadoweh absorbed the NK it could be anyone who isn't townconfirmed.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #958 on: July 28, 2015, 02:05:16 AM »
For that matter, Patorikku was roleblocked last night if Dorian isn't scum.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #959 on: July 28, 2015, 02:06:41 AM »
wh...
what?

I'm... I'm confused. :C
Fairly certain he's raising a hypothetical... I think? Like, it LOOKS like a hypothetical.