Author Topic: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.  (Read 347750 times)

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
Re: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.
« Reply #1140 on: August 14, 2015, 05:54:40 AM »
Hey,
Spoiler:
Hecatia is the Goddess of Hell
? What about Shinki then? XD

Hell != Makai
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #1141 on: August 14, 2015, 05:58:50 AM »
Spoiler:
rip jum's psyche
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #1143 on: August 14, 2015, 06:03:18 AM »
Really digging that "all over the place" "I don't give no fxxk about how Touhou fans feel" is the theme of this game.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

« Reply #1144 on: August 14, 2015, 06:13:52 AM »
Spoiler:
With the power of Kishin revealed, i hope to see her with FUS RO DA soon

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #1145 on: August 14, 2015, 06:16:57 AM »
I usually don't like
Spoiler:
clowns
, but man, that one's design is hilarious.

ZUN just doesn't give a f**k, I love him.

EDIT : Now, that is neat.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:20:33 AM by Spotty Ren »

« Reply #1146 on: August 14, 2015, 06:19:22 AM »
I usually don't like
Spoiler:
clowns
, but man, that one's design is hilarious.

ZUN just doesn't give a f**k, I love him.
Really digging that "all over the place" "I don't give no fxxk about how Touhou fans feel" is the theme of this game.

Well the whole strip just scream LoL K you know.........Sorry, first time trying.

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #1147 on: August 14, 2015, 06:34:37 AM »
Spoiler:
Clownpiece reminds me of -Pacific- USN Fleet Collection a little.

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #1148 on: August 14, 2015, 06:51:15 AM »
Spoiler:
I found 2 videos on youtube of stages 4 and 5 if you wanna see em'

Stage 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ287c_qcrE
Stage 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63B8PtnKoHE

No stage 6 or Extra video yet though

EDIT: Stage 6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVJ_Y42G-NU
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 07:15:42 AM by Fulisha of Light »

« Reply #1149 on: August 14, 2015, 07:05:56 AM »
Spoiler:
I found 2 videos on youtube of stages 4 and 5 if you wanna see em'

Stage 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ287c_qcrE
Stage 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63B8PtnKoHE

No stage 6 or Extra video yet though

Spoiler:
so this time stage 5 gimmick is girl will throw the moon in your face eh, litteraly too, and damn laser drone!

also, how anyone feel bout the theme, i personally dig stage 5, stage 4 is quite meh for me.

Kaizaki

• Pillager
  • I'm feeling lucky
    • GitHub
« Reply #1150 on: August 14, 2015, 07:08:06 AM »
omake.txt

Google Translate will have to do for now until the character profiles on the Wiki are translated (or generous souls could give us a summary).

As for me, Zzz...

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #1151 on: August 14, 2015, 07:08:11 AM »
Spoiler:
so this time stage 5 gimmick is girl will throw the moon in your face eh, litteraly too, and damn laser drone!
It's supposed to be stage 4 bosses that have gimmicks, not stage 5 bosses.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #1152 on: August 14, 2015, 07:22:02 AM »
I mean, ZUN's probably aware that just one stupid "ahaha what no way" character is enough to make waves. It's great advertisement.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 07:23:39 AM by BT »

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #1153 on: August 14, 2015, 07:22:15 AM »
It's supposed to be stage 4 bosses that have gimmicks, not stage 5 bosses.

As far as I remember, it was always the Stage 5 boss with the most special gimminck.

Spoiler:
I like how she's all stars and stripes. She'd probably get along with Miss Benedict Arnold...

draganuv15

« Reply #1154 on: August 14, 2015, 07:30:47 AM »

Spoiler:
It isn't just me who thinks that this fight might be a little bit tricky on harder difficulties/Legacy Mode right

« Reply #1155 on: August 14, 2015, 07:38:13 AM »
Stage 4 theme really reminds me of stage 1 UFO theme)

game2011

• mineiptXD
« Reply #1156 on: August 14, 2015, 07:39:18 AM »
As far as I remember, it was always the Stage 5 boss with the most special gimminck.

Spoiler:
I like how she's all stars and stripes. She'd probably get along with Miss Benedict Arnold...
It has always been stage 4 bosses that have the most notable gimmicks, because they usually change depending on which character and shot type you are using.

I don't think there's really been any form of gimmick among stage 5 bosses.  Just because they have unique-looking spell cards doesn't mean they have gimmicks.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 07:46:57 AM by game2011 »

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #1157 on: August 14, 2015, 07:43:52 AM »
Yeah, the Stage 5 boss' underlying theme is usually "the servant" with a couple of exceptions.

...And I have to say all of this look great
Spoiler:
Including the MURKA Juggalo fairy and the EX boss,
The latter I'm very curious about.
Alas, tis but a waiting game!
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Fulisha of Light

• Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #1158 on: August 14, 2015, 07:49:53 AM »

Spoiler:
It isn't just me who thinks that this fight might be a little bit tricky on harder difficulties/Legacy Mode right

Spoiler:
That boss' spellcards are (imo) practically impossible D: ZUN has gone full insane on just the NORMAL difficulty. I can only imagine what Hard and Lunatic must like...

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #1159 on: August 14, 2015, 07:52:55 AM »
It has always been stage 4 bosses that have the most notable gimmicks, because they usually change depending on which character and shot type you are using.

I don't think there's really been any form of gimmick among stage 5 bosses.  Just because they have unique-looking spell cards doesn't mean they have gimmicks.

EXCUSE ME? Sakuya has time stop, Youmu has slowdown, Reisen has phasing bullets, Orin has reviving zombie fairies, Futo has a boat, Seija has screenflips. The only gimmicky stage 4 bosses are Seiga with reviving Yoshika and maybe Murasa with her anchors. Changing spellcards or different bosses depending on the character/shottype is not a gimmick in and of itself.

UTW

« Reply #1160 on: August 14, 2015, 08:05:01 AM »
Based on this post in another part of the forum, maybe the "ultramarine orb" in the title is really meant to refer to the jewels of the dragon king (whose daughters are the basis of the Watatsukis).

Spoiler:
There was the theory when LoLK was revealed that it referred to the Chinese Tang dynasty empereor Zhang Yue who, according to this wikipedia page, if he was the emperor at the time, sent his own similar jewels as a gift to the daughter of the Fujiwara clan's head who he was to marry. They were then stolen by the dragon king and the Fujiwara's son and his would-be wife, Tamatori, retrieved them. This story itself was based on the earlier Toyotama (aka Toyohime) and Hoori legend.

Junko  herself looks like she dresses in a somewhat Chinese style, so maybe she's related to Zhang Yue?

But maybe ZUN is cobbling together these two stories into one, which is why Junko is involved and might have a grudge with the Lunatic Kingdom and maybe Gensokyo, etc. Somehow. I don't exactly have the details figured out as to why she would have a grudge or why Hell, etc. would be involved.

Obviously nothing has been translated yet, but that's just my simple theory for some of what might be going on based on what's been theorized and seen so far.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 07:02:57 PM by Helepolis »

ChronaSE

• Doremy-rekt
« Reply #1161 on: August 14, 2015, 08:10:32 AM »
I wonder how is ULiL related to this.  Expected Watatsukis given the theme of this game, guess not...

« Reply #1162 on: August 14, 2015, 08:11:03 AM »
Easy guys, both stage 4 and 5 have gimmick, and it's ok.

Based on this post in another part of the forum, maybe the "ultramarine orb" in the title is really meant to refer to the jewels of the dragon king (whose daughters are the basis of the Watatsukis).

Spoiler:
There was the theory when LoLK was revealed that it referred to the Chinese Tang dynasty empereor Zhang Yue who, according to this wikipedia page, if he was the emperor at the time, sent his own similar jewels as a gift to the daughter of the Fujiwara clan's head who he was to marry. They were then stolen by the dragon king and the Fujiwara's son and his would-be wife, Tamatori, retrieved them. This story itself was based on the earlier Toyotama (aka Toyohime) and Hoori legend.

Junko herself looks like she dresses in a somewhat Chinese style, so maybe she's related to Zhang Yue?

But maybe ZUN is cobbling together these two stories into one, which is why Junko is involved and might have a grudge with the Lunatic Kingdom and maybe Gensokyo, etc. Somehow. I don't exactly have the details figured out as to why she would have a grudge or why Hell, etc. would be involved.

Obviously nothing has been translated yet, but that's just my simple theory for some of what might be going on based on what's been theorized and seen so far.

Or maybe ZUN just girlyfied Zhang Yue to Junko, like he's always do. Although, i'm only curious how the goddess of hell have anything to do with Junko and rule over three realms.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 07:03:12 PM by Helepolis »

game2011

• mineiptXD
« Reply #1163 on: August 14, 2015, 08:19:47 AM »
EXCUSE ME? Sakuya has time stop, Youmu has slowdown, Reisen has phasing bullets, Orin has reviving zombie fairies, Futo has a boat, Seija has screenflips. The only gimmicky stage 4 bosses are Seiga with reviving Yoshika and maybe Murasa with her anchors. Changing spellcards or different bosses depending on the character/shottype is not a gimmick in and of itself.
Like I said, just because those spell cards are unique compared to other bosses in their respective games doesn't necessary make them gimmicks.  Stage 4 bosses having the gimmick I mentioned has been around since Touhou 4.  That's a more notable gimmick than the so-called gimmicks of stage 5 bosses.

Aya and Minamitsu are the only stage 4 bosses with no gimmicks.

On the side note, this is the plot according to Reddit:
Spoiler:
"The game's plot is basically Junko sent Hecatia Lapislazuli's purified hell fairies (that somehow survived the process) to the Moon for an invasion, and the Lunarians are forced into the Dream World but they don't want to stay there so they went on to invade Gensokyo. Eirin sent Reimu and co. onto the Moon to save the Lunar Capital so the Lunarians can go back and not bother Gensokyo anymore.

Oh and also, Sagume Kishin made the Occult Balls to make the rumors she spread about Lunar Capital true so they can move into Gensokyo."
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 08:30:35 AM by game2011 »

« Reply #1164 on: August 14, 2015, 08:27:49 AM »
well what can i say ZUN has really outdone himself. Started playing touhou and enjoyed it but then moved onto other STG's. Tried to come back into touhou but found the series boring as hell now and could never get back into it.  Was hyped for the LOLK demo thinking this was the chance. I'll get back into the series. To my disappointment played it for like an hour and just went back to other STG's. Been playing LOLK today and it's just so much fun. Can say with clear confidence that the series has been revived for me and i'm not forcing myself to play.
WARNING SPOILERS BELOW IF I SCREW THIS UP
Spoiler:
still suck at doremi though because can't figure out her spellcards lol
Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

« Reply #1165 on: August 14, 2015, 08:37:01 AM »
On the side note, this is the plot according to Reddit:
Spoiler:
"The game's plot is basically Junko sent Hecatia Lapislazuli's purified hell fairies (that somehow survived the process) to the Moon for an invasion, and the Lunarians are forced into the Dream World but they don't want to stay there so they went on to invade Gensokyo. Eirin sent Reimu and co. onto the Moon to save the Lunar Capital so the Lunarians can go back and not bother Gensokyo anymore.

Oh and also, Sagume Kishin made the Occult Balls to make the rumors she spread about Lunar Capital true so they can move into Gensokyo."

This is indeed the case. Additional details:
Spoiler:
Junko is (presumably) the Chinese sun goddess Xi He, mother of the ten suns that Hou Yi (Chang'e's husband) shot down. As such, she really hates Chang'e and invaded the moon in order to get revenge on her. Hecatia is a friend of hers. The fairies are able to threaten the Lunar Capital because they're embodiments of nature and life, and therefore kegare. In the Extra Stage, Sagume informs the protagonists that the Lunarians are still under attack in Dream World (thanks to Hectatia, who can move there at will) and they head off to take care of things.

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe
« Reply #1166 on: August 14, 2015, 08:54:06 AM »
Those designs... What the hell lol.
The ex boss and stage 5 boss I don't think I'll ever like. Could have been worse, though. Could have been MIMA.

Stage 4 and 6 bosses are OK at least. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 09:23:53 AM by Flandre5carlet »

Fulisha of Light

• Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #1167 on: August 14, 2015, 09:04:22 AM »
Spoiler:

Komeiji11

• The Gloomy Power of Love
« Reply #1168 on: August 14, 2015, 09:50:35 AM »
Is it just me or does it seem like this game has a whole lot of circular movement? Especially in the bullet patterns (ie how they're formed and what they form into).

Maybe every game has been like this and I barely noticed now?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 09:56:24 AM by Komeiji11 »

« Reply #1169 on: August 14, 2015, 10:06:43 AM »
Spoiler:
also stuck at the moon spell card, just how crazy is that, high speed danmaku, the moon is suppose to shield you a bit but then...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 10:29:52 AM by duocean »