Author Topic: Rock Maiden 2  (Read 2727 times)

Mew seeker

• Find things
Rock Maiden 2
« on: August 27, 2014, 11:03:36 AM »
Have you heard of this game?
Right now at the time I am posting, it is streamed here for I don't know how long :
http://www.twitch.tv/boy20330
I also found what seems to be the home page :
http://moon.tiyogami.com/html/tr2_top.html

****************************EDIT****************************

Looks like the stream is over.
From what I have seen, you can select Reimu, Youmu or Kaguya at the beginning of the game as your main character.

Here is what I have seen about items:

There are "E-Tank" and "W-Tank" as well as
Spoiler:
a fairy helper that save you when you fall in a bottomless pit
(although you have a limited number of them and the game is sometime designed to prevent you to cheese your way out).
There is a broom item that works like the Rush Jet, Nazrin acts as the Rush Search,
There are equippable items each with various effects. One boost the recovery effect from item, one boost the "mercy invicibility" time, one boost the normal charge time (maybe?),
one has the Energy Balancer Effect and maybe there is one that boost the damage of normal shot (not so sure about that one)?
It is possible to Exit stage but I don't know if you need an item for that.

You can farm
Spoiler:
Parsee stage
  for various Tanks if you have the right weapons.

About bosses :
Spoiler:
Yuyuko is weak against the Dash weapon.
Several weapons works against the final boss. Pick the ones that works best for you.

About the final boss identity :
Spoiler:
Tewi seems to be behind it all

Also, Kaguya seems to be pretty chill. : P
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 12:19:43 PM by Mew seeker »

You can wish for anything!

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
Re: Rock Maiden 2
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 06:27:48 PM »
From what I have seen, you can select Reimu, Youmu or Kaguya at the beginning of the game as your main character.
You can only play as Kaguya after you beat the game. Extra Mode also gets unlocked when you beat the game.

Spoiler:
Also, the "fairy helper" is, in fact, Shanghai Doll, who you have to unlock in Suika's stage first.

Having played the game myself (as Reimu), I have to say it's a really terribly designed game. Now, the graphics and music (excluding sound effects, but that's just my opinion) are fine enough (I find Flandre's stage theme actually catchy), but the level design....ugh. Most times, enemies come rushing at you (notably the lance fairies, with you having barely any time to react. Kisume (Suwako's stage) literally comes without warning. The shots from various rabbit cannons come super-fast and often without warning, effectively knocking you into a bottomless pit. By the way, you can die from spikes in the previous or next screen. There's also the fact that
Spoiler:
you can re-enter the previous stages while doing the Kaguya stages, and then continuing where you left off in the Kaguya stages (I happened to select Yuyuko's stage by accident after a game over in Kaguya 4 (rematches), so when I exited the stage to go back to Kaguya, I went to Kaguya 4), which can be exploited for grinding health and weapon tanks in Parsee's stage.

Beating the game unlocks Kaguya and an Extra Mode, which literally adds more enemies into a game with already shoddy level design.

Bottom line: This game just isn't enjoyable, mostly due to shoddy level design. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Here are the weaknesses (at least as Reimu):
Spoiler:
Yuyuko: Komachi
Suika: Reisen
Komachi: Suika.
Parsee: Yuyuko
Flandre: Suwako
Iku: Flandre
Suwako: Iku, Parsee
Reisen: Iku
Kaguya 1: Iku
Kaguya 2: Most special weapons deal good damage.
Kaguya 3: Suika
Kaguya 4: No real weakness, Yuyuko, Reisen, Iku and Flandre work.
Kaguya 5: Only takes damage from Parsee, Reisen and Suwako. Everything else heals it fully.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 06:35:31 PM by fsvgm777 »