~Beyond the Border~ > Sara's Audio-Visual Import-Overflow Retail
What anime(s) and/or manga(s) are you watching/reading right now?
<< < (111/113) > >>
Kilgamayan:
Yeah, Presage Flower and Lost Butterfly. Part 3 is slated for spring of next year.
commandercool:
Yeah, those are the ones.

It's inconsistent what we do and don't get. We get all the major stuff (Dragon Ball and Gundam movies) but not some of the more critically acclaimed stuff. I couldn't find a showing of Liz and the Blue Bird or Mirai within driving distance.
BT:

--- Quote from: commandercool on March 15, 2019, 09:50:16 PM ---It's inconsistent what we do and don't get. We get all the major stuff (Dragon Ball and Gundam movies) but not some of the more critically acclaimed stuff. I couldn't find a showing of Liz and the Blue Bird or Mirai within driving distance.

--- End quote ---
oh my god stop bragging inadvertently  :colonveeplusalpha:
Mеа:
Gave Inuyasha a couple episodes on a whim, never having seen it before. First impression is that gorgeous animation style and quality. Wikipedia says it aired in 2000, but it's got that classic handdrawn quality to it from years ago. I view the animation of anime in the early 2000s like I do early CG in movies from that same time period: mostly low quality with the new digital tools, hasn't aged well. Not so with this.

I'm also incredibly surprised by how un-useless and competent(?)/proactive Kagome is. Maybe it changes later, but it seems almost unusual to me.

Most, most likely will not finish the show given how many episodes there are, but I can see why it had such high appeal at the time. Back before anime was a big thing here in the west, all the anime I ever heard people talking about were this, Sailor Moon, and Fruits Basket.
commandercool:
Just saw Penguin Highway. It's fantastic, definitely see it in the theater if you can. I don't want to spoil too much about it, but it's a weird slow surreal movie that is absolutely fascinating. There are some spectacular sequences that wouldn't quite be the same on a small screen. Hiroyasu Ishida is going to be a big deal.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version