Author Topic: Original Touhou Labyrinth 12 floor freeze (solved!)  (Read 1446 times)

Mew seeker

• Find things
Original Touhou Labyrinth 12 floor freeze (solved!)
« on: April 12, 2014, 11:40:47 PM »
I am playing Touhou Labyrinth (the special disk version) (on windows 7) without any kind of patch at all and after I beat the boss at the 12 floor
Spoiler:
(Kaguya, Eirin and Reisen)
the dialogue went on at first normally but then the game froze. More specifically, it froze somewhere at the point where
Spoiler:
Rinosuke display his new found super powers and take a spell card from Kaguya by force.
I did the battle several times again but the screen becomes black again during the dialogue. I already had once a black screen problem before but just pressing "z" to advance the dialogue solved the problem.
However, when I do it at this part, the music just stop and I assumed from this that the game froze.

So, um, any suggestions? Since the game freeze at a specific point in the dialogue, there must be somethingspecific related to this problem?

Update!

After doing a bit of research online, I realized that there was a patch 3.01 for the special disk on the developper website.
I downloaded it and copued the program in it which replace the program you click on to start the game ( it does has the same name as well).
Now, the game doesn't freeze in the dialogue outside of the boss battle. ^^
... but now it feels weird to see the custom character pictures in the game dialogues. X D
Anyway, if you encounter this problem with the special disk, make sure you have the latest patch.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 02:18:24 AM by Mew seeker »

You can wish for anything!