Author Topic: Touhou 12 - 東方星蓮船 ~ Undefined Fantastic Object. An undefined article.  (Read 191935 times)

VIVItheFujoshi

• Blackouts=Makeouts! ;)
  • hohoho~*
    • in devianart
i fall in love with the complete story of U.F.O. i can see how the youkai-humans relations are in the antique times and now in Gensokyo. In same time, CoLA updates, where Kourin in a moment thing if are a good idea return to the human village after 11 years and looking so young than before...or if,being a half youkai,can reincarnate...im begin to think who,even if the humans are the "oppressed" now in Gensokyo,youkais no are completly fine...and need a little light to hope in their lives(exist good youkai,too)...and finally conciliate the humans and the youkai in that close world,for the sake of their land.
(the more problematic ones are the half youkai... more weak than a normal youkai,but in same time,have strange apparence-power-slow age-actitude who fear the people too. really,hanyou and were-youkai are lonely...)
im think who Byakuren will return in the next game...

um...anyone knows from where are the gliphs who Byakuren use? im believe who is the mantra "Om mani padme hum" (see,the jewel is in the lotus) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om_mani_padme_hum (at least is very related with her and all the story:lotus,treasures,a mantra who can "free" youkais,humans,gods,all...) but the design is indesifrable...XD

i like the Nue song (terror,mistery and nostalgia...like a very very old story about a terrible monster...) the Toramaru Syou song (inmediately give me the image of a very devoted and powerful god or something figthing for save people) Byakuren song (shows all her love for all the living things...even if  they are cruel, she wants peace for youkai and humans) the 4 stage,reminds me a bar full of sailors narrating stories about ghosts and monsters of the sea...funny XD

Monochrome Rainbow~* Technicolor Ochoufujoshi!
(?y ahora en espa?ol ,yay!) he will be Adequate?

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
Oh wow, I kind of like Nue's personality.
Seems like she's the kind that likes pranks, but has no intent to hurt anyone, and most importantly, she feels GUILT that she got in Murasa and friends' way.
I can't think of anyone other than her that ever feels guilty really, even those that cause incidents and stuff, they just go have tea party after.

I find it funny how people thought she's similar to Flandre due to her look and Heian Alien was posted, turns out she's much more normal, childish or you may even say innocent.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
I wouldn't say Nue is innocent. The stated reason she followed Murasa was because she thought it might be fun to fuck with her.

EDIT:

In any case, when it looked like others were having fun, Nue would find a way to mess with them from afar. She didn't know what Murasa's group was planning, but she thought it would be funny if they failed.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Drake

Has anyone else noticed all the bgm was pre-unlocked, or was that just me?

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Mine just has a bunch of NO.1,2,3. and no text.
Nothing but the title music is unlocked.
Boy that's one hard to look at title screen. So bright ><
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 07:24:58 AM by Cadmas »

Drake

Also,

Not the Om mani padme hum, or anything, for that matter.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
So Extra stages are also translated and up. Going to read them after breakfast.

And Slaves, the UFO kicking was not a lie, proof:

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
So Extra stages are also translated and up. Going to read them after breakfast.

And Slaves, the UFO kicking was not a lie, proof:

does that UFO have a face?

Drake

According to Nue, the UFOs have a face if you want them to.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
oh right.

i must know why she kicked it now, though.

VIVItheFujoshi

• Blackouts=Makeouts! ;)
  • hohoho~*
    • in devianart
Also,

Not the Om mani padme hum, or anything, for that matter.

i know...but my fast mental relation was weird XD

Monochrome Rainbow~* Technicolor Ochoufujoshi!
(?y ahora en espa?ol ,yay!) he will be Adequate?

Ability to use magic? More like Ability to make emo rainbows.

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
Has anyone else noticed all the bgm was pre-unlocked, or was that just me?

Ehh, when I select songs that are still locked, the song description on the lower screen turns red. Select the song again, the text turns white and the song plays.

So, you're right, I guess.

I had to reinstall AppLocale. Lost it in the system restore I did.
Yeah red warning text then click again to listen.

GO !
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 08:46:16 AM by Cadmas »

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
yeah, as far as i know, all the games are like that. just press Z after it gives you the red text and the song plays.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
inb4 memes of Nue being an oldschool gamer who likes Frogger and Tic Tac Toe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDmNnfx7H4Y#t=9m24s excellent run bjw ^_^ good job mate
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
yeah, as far as i know, all the games are like that. just press Z after it gives you the red text and the song plays.
It was the same for MoF and SA...
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Question: Does Easy Mode unlock Extra? If not, will playing Easy after 1CCing normal lock Extra for that character like in SA?
Answering this because there's no better place to ask about game mechanics.

You must 1cc Normal to unlock Extra.
1ccing Easy afterward does not relock Extra.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
I find it funny how people thought she's similar to Flandre due to her look and Heian Alien was posted, turns out she's much more normal, childish or you may even say innocent.

...Which is exactly what I've been saying all this time!  Finally, people see it!  And I still think Heian Alien sounds more like Dark Side of Fate then U.N. Owen...  (Also, according to TV Tropes people have been calling Nue "U.F. Owen", which is odd because I haven't seen anyone call her that, here or on Poosh.)

...Speaking of TV Tropes, it seems that CAPTAIN MINAMITSU MOTHERFUCKING MURASA is now officially a meme.  Yay~
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 12:00:33 PM by Theorin Satsuki »
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Quote from: touhou wiki
Shou Toramaru: Possibly a reference to Fatty from JoJo's Bizarre Adeventure, whose stand 'Harvest' (which has line like patterns similar to Shou's tiger one) gathered things at his request, in the most notable case it was lottery tickets, one of which was a winner (A treasure in itself). Some fat jokes about Shou have started to appear from this.

Letty shall no longer be alone.

As for the Nue being compare to Flandre. Na...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 12:53:53 PM by Cadmas »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Oh wow, I kind of like Nue's personality.
Seems like she's the kind that likes pranks, but has no intent to hurt anyone, and most importantly, she feels GUILT that she got in Murasa and friends' way.
I can't think of anyone other than her that ever feels guilty really, even those that cause incidents and stuff, they just go have tea party after.

She does have a childlike quality that makes her closer to mischevious than malicious, and that I really like a lot.

Sanae, on the other hand, is apparently a mindless drone without her own personality, influenced entirely by whoever she's working for.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Gpop

...Which is exactly what I've been saying all this time!  Finally, people see it!  And I still think Heian Alien sounds more like Dark Side of Fate then U.N. Owen...  (Also, according to TV Tropes people have been calling Nue "U.F. Owen", which is odd because I haven't seen anyone call her that, here or on Poosh.)

...Speaking of TV Tropes, it seems that CAPTAIN MINAMITSU MOTHERFUCKING MURASA is now officially a meme.  Yay~

I don't think Nue herself is like Flandre. Mostly some parts of her theme.

Also, Heian Alien is the best theme in all of UFO.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
According to Nue, the UFOs have a face if you want them to.

This would explain why I keep thinking that the UFOs have little :3 faces on them.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
i just thought of something:

in the Prologue, Marisa says something about a UFO turning into a snake(and then a bird i think). does that mean that Nue's holding a Seed of the Unknown instead of an actual snake?

of course she might be holding one because Nues have snakes for tails.

and because having a snake wrap around a bigass trident is totally badass.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Cosmic Mind, I love.  Now I do.  At first I thought it sorta plain, too, but I realised it's basically built on the same formula as other final boss themes (There's a serious Suwa Foughten Field feel to it)

Also, I love the stage 6 music.  Stage 4 gets stuck in my head.  Don't notice too much about Stage 5 or Extra yet [too busy being PO'd at how hard Extra is], but their boss themes make up for it.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
Romance in the Night Sky (Extra theme) is so much win. It's my new favorite Extra theme. The awesome sound effects thrown in are win as well.

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
Looking at imageboards, the popularity of the new UFO characters seems to go:

Byakuren Hiziri > Captain Murasa Minamitu > Nue Houjuu > Syou Toramaru

Of course, I could be wrong.

i just thought of something:

in the Prologue, Marisa says something about a UFO turning into a snake(and then a bird i think). does that mean that Nue's holding a Seed of the Unknown instead of an actual snake?

of course she might be holding one because Nues have snakes for tails.

and because having a snake wrap around a bigass trident is totally badass.

I can only assume that the form of Nue as we see now (meaning a loli) is her true form because of this:
Quote from: Nue Houjuu
But now that you've seen me, I'll have to bury you
so I can go back to being an unknown.

I know that her ability is to 'hide her true form,' but that might refer to her possession of the Seed of Unknown Form, which allow her to hide the true form of anything. So, in Extra, Reimu, Marisa, and Sanae have seen her true form, which is the girl we're seeing now. This isn't necessarily right, but if somehow, the Nue we're seeing now is not her true form, then that would open up a lot of other interpretations of her.

Also, apparently, Nue was the midboss of Stages 4 and 6 (the blue light orb). Now, this means that she can use those seeds to hide her 'true form,' but sadly, from what I've seen, she can't control the appearance of the object the seed is attached to, as it is completely subjective from one's experience.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
Nue is so awesome.

Also, while I agree that Nue and Flandre are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, I will say that some of Nue's attacks are rather Flandre-ish.

Her early battle non-spells are circular waves that Nue spews out at rapid fire and that get more and more randomized each time. Very reminiscent of Flandre's non-spells.

Her later battle nonspells basically rain orbs of death on you. While they are bigger and more sparse, the execution is much like Starbow Break.

And lastly, her survival card is definitely inspired by And Then There Will Be None?. Lots of cages and things similar to Flandre.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Her early battle non-spells are circular waves that Nue spews out at rapid fire and that get more and more randomized each time. Very reminiscent of Flandre's non-spells.
...not at all.

Nue is easily the most overrated of the new characters.  To contrast, it's hard to overrate Byakuren and the Cap'n.  Shou unfortunately doesn't have much of a draw to her; she reminds me of Sister Bikini from the Phoenix Wright series.

The extra stage is a giant pile of piss and fail.  The only good thing it even has going for it is the stage theme (Nue's theme is a crappy song, stop lying to yourselves); the stage and boss fight themselves are lazy and uninspired in almost every way.  Unless I have a massive change of heart (which I seriously doubt), I now have a new least favorite Windows extra.  Congratulations Suwako, you've been promoted.  As for Nue as a character, I don't have much of an opinion on her currently, though her poorly designed stage isn't really helping her.

Story mode is pretty fun so far though.  :V