Author Topic: Touhou 12 - 東方星蓮船 ~ Undefined Fantastic Object. An undefined article.  (Read 191998 times)

... Yeah, I think Sanae's, um, not letting herself be held back by common sense, as it were.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
Sanae B surprised me the most; she mistook Nue for an alien and wanted to call Aya to get their picture just so, "Now I can tell people I met an alien!" Really, Sanae even talked about the outside world for a bit and how people on the outside seem to 'only care about the environment and economy.' I was amused.

one of the Sanae's say something about UFOs and magazines to CAPTAIN MURASA MINAMITSU or Shou, i think.

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
Supposedly, Sanae did live on the Outside World before Kanako moved the shrine to Gensokyo, so a few connections to the 'outside' here and there shouldn't be too surprising, I guess.

Anyway, Reimu B is up, and it's just about the same as her first one, only with more tease.

Only both of Marisa's EX scenarios remain untranslated as of now...

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Wow, reading the Ex scenarios, Nue is one freaky metaphysical-talking chick.

Quote from: Nue
Well, I'm a youkai whose true form is unknown.

I put the Seed of Unknown Form on the Tobikura fragments.

That seed has the power to change form into whatever is in the head of the person looking at it.

Since you thought something unknown floating in the sky had to be a UFO, you saw a UFO.

To people who knew about Tobikura, they saw fragments of that flying silo.

I like her even more!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Since you thought something unknown floating in the sky had to be a UFO, you saw a UFO.
Then Why did Reimu and Marisa see UFOs, if they supposedly don't know about them?

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
Then Why did Reimu and Marisa see UFOs, if they supposedly don't know about them?

Sanae told them? they were together at the beginning, weren't they?

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!

That seed has the power to change form into whatever is in the head of the person looking at it.

I like her even more!

So... Nue is Wallachia?

Dear god, I love that girl more and more with every passing day~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock

I don't think so. After all, Sanae's UFO antics were due to Suwako/Kanako's direct orders.

Nine West

• How wonderful!

UFO = Undefined Fantastic Object = Unidentified Flying Object

They used their imaginations, obviously.

Also,

I like her even more!
Nue's on there now though. i mean, how can you not love her? she tried to mess up everyone cause she thought it'd be funny. GOLDEN CHARACTER

She did feel bad for screwing with Captain and co, and she did follow Reimu's suggestion in the end, so she's not insane, at least.

Tengukami

Reimu does seem pretty compassionate in the Ex scenarios. In both A and B, she declines to seal Nue back up, and tells her that Byakuren would probably give her a home, even if she did scatter the Tobikura fragments. Which I thought was nice.

And Sanae A makes a reference to SETI and what different types of aliens there are, so it's likely she told Reimu and Marisa all about UFOs.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
She did feel bad for screwing with Captain and co, and she did follow Reimu's suggestion in the end, so she's not insane, at least.

aww, that makes me sad though. i wanted another sinister character that plays around with everyone in the evilest way possible :(

Nine West

• How wonderful!
Marisa A's Extra is out.

Spoiler:
HOLY FFFF-

Spoiler:
Marisa got Nue's Seed of Unknown Form!!!

Spoiler:
WHAT COULD SHE BE POSSIBLY PLOTTING!?

Eh, Marisa was playful, as usual.

Tengukami

Marisa A's Extra is out.

Spoiler:
HOLY FFFF-

Spoiler:
Marisa got Nue's Seed of Unknown Form!!!

Spoiler:
WHAT COULD SHE BE POSSIBLY PLOTTING!?

Judging from the dialogue, looks like she's going to mess with Reimu's mind. Awesome.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
I just want to scare people.

i can see why Tatara's in the extra stage now.

also, lol
Quote from: Reimu
Wow, you're really weak.

explanation for her being "easy"
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 01:48:28 AM by Slaves »

Oh god UFO Lunatic mode <_>

Question: Does Easy Mode unlock Extra? If not, will playing Easy after 1CCing normal lock Extra for that character like in SA?

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
ASDBFRGN ORB MINIBOSS DIDN'T WE LEARN ANYTHING FROM LLS EXTRA ZUN GODDAMNIT

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

ASDBFRGN ORB MINIBOSS DIDN'T WE LEARN ANYTHING FROM LLS EXTRA ZUN GODDAMNIT
It's actually
Spoiler:
the extra boss

Blue orb-tan is a pretty cool character just like undead death fairy.

mark2000

Good God! The portraits are amazing! Either ZUN really practiced his drawing, he drank a new brand of beer, or both.

Whatever the reason for this, I say Bravo to him.

Hieda no Aya

• I see you remodeled.

Looking back at the prologue, I think this is exactly it. Reimu and Marisa are talking about the rumors about a treasure ship, but they don't see it until Sanae comes and points it out to them, and suddenly it's obvious. Clever.

And Marisa is the greatest.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
Blue orb-tan is a pretty cool character
Eh, throws dead fairies at you and doesn't afraid of anything.

Looking back at the prologue, I think this is exactly it. Reimu and Marisa are talking about the rumors about a treasure ship, but they don't see it until Sanae comes and points it out to them, and suddenly it's obvious. Clever.
Herp fucking derp. I should read further before saying something.

Tengukami

And Marisa is the greatest.

She does "point it out to them" in the sense that she confirms the rumor of the ship is true, flies up into the clouds, and Reimu and Marisa see it. But nowhere does Sanae call it anything but a "ship". Sanae must have brought up UFOs later on, before they start meeting fairies. And as Sanae was going on about SETI and different types of aliens in the Ex stage, she'd certainly be the one.

And yes, Marisa is the greatest.

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
I'd love to play TH12 now, too, but my time in the computer cafe's spent on internet browsing, (trying to) commenting, and stuff.
Can't play at home as well, as I have Win98. Apparently, ZUN has been adding a Win98 boundary since TH11 (or in other words, it doesn't play in Win98) TnT

Anyway, this is a nice time to wait for the English patch. I wouldn't want to go through the trouble playing Normal in a P2P computer cafe and end up not understanding the ending scenes (though we actually did that on PoFV, because the ending arts itself is... uhm what's that word... treasuring?)

To comment something about TH12...
Looks like Nazrin is the first First-stage boss to make it to the category of Stage4-6 bosses (or mid-boss at least), isn't she?
... Wait, there's Keine (Stage3 Boss in IN) that made it as a mid-boss in Extra... ah well.

*___*The character arts are most adorable as well~<3, like mark2000 mentioned (or anyone else whose comment in case I missed reading)
I think ZUN actually makes cute drawings, most especially ending scenes arts.
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

Nine West

• How wonderful!
Took them long enough, finally, Marisa B's Extra is out.

Reimu A: "Go help Byakuren. I won't seal you just yet."
Reimu B: Basically the same as the above, only with more teasing.
Marisa A: "That was fun. Oh, gimme the cool things too, OK?"
Marisa B: "I think you could get along with Byakuren's group. Oh well, got a rumor to spread. Bye!"
Sanae A: "I could beat you anytime anywhere!"
Sanae B: "Wow, an alien! let's take picture together!" + speech about the outside world.

I laughed at the sheer difference between Sanae A and Sanae B's Extras. Overall, they were pretty interesting to read.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
Sanae A: "I could beat you anytime anywhere!"
Sanae B: "Wow, an alien! let's take picture together!" + speech about the outside world.

I laughed at the sheer difference between Sanae A and Sanae B's Extras. Overall, they were pretty interesting to read.

Kanako: serious business

Suwako: no business at all

Drake

Yeah, it looks like canonically, Sanae has two separate personalities depending on who she spends her time with.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Oh great a bi-polar Shrine maiden.

Tengukami

Sounds more like that kid in high school who was a total follower and would act like a bragging asshole around his jock friend but would be a happy-go-lucky type around his cooler friends.

Yeah, my respect for Reimu hasn't changed, but I think I like Marisa even more now.

Nine West

• How wonderful!
Yeah, it looks like canonically, Sanae has two separate personalities depending on who she spends her time with.

Good thing that Reimu doesn't have 2 opposite goddesses (or any, for that matter) following her around. But Sanae can still own Reimu, though.