Author Topic: Touhou 12 - 東方星蓮船 ~ Undefined Fantastic Object. An undefined article.  (Read 191489 times)

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
you know, i find it funny that this comic i drew when only the demo was out is pretty much what Sanae is in the full version.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
you know, i find it funny that this comic i drew when only the demo was out is pretty much what Sanae is in the full version.

Who will be the youkai Rosa Parks?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Drake

uh byakuren

you know maybe

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
finally, the mystery is solved!
Quote from:  Wiki
[CAPTAIN MURASA'S] stage theme has a distinctive Windows XP balloon hint "pop" around 2:08, which probably got in the recording, as stated in ZUN's Twitter.

I am listening 1:55 to 2:20 but I cannot hear it. Either it is my shitty speakers or my ears going bad.

I heard the pop and then I felt that the sound was 9000X better.

i just plqyed through the game some days ago...

And because i couldn?t beat The game Normal 1cc (can?t even Easy 1cc) i decided to just F :V?d it and listen to the Extra Stage Stage and Boss music... to my surprise... the stage theme was good, bute the Boss theme was a huge disapointment. All the Past Extra Stage (and Phantasm) Boss Theme were better.

Also Curve lasers a bulls- *ZUUUUUUUUN*

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
I seriously have to open my eyes: Captain Murasa's STAGE theme. And I was like bashing myself listening to her boss song. :V (God I feel stupid)

Now I heard it. Quite funny it occurs right at the part where the song goes smooth.

I hope that pop sound is left there on the future arrangements.

Drake

I tried to do an MPC arrange of CAPTAIN MURASA. It didn't work very well :(
I just can't get the held trumpets and guitar. Flower and Pirahna suck ass.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
I am busy writing tabs for Kogasa's theme =X It is a very lovely song if you listen to it with quality headphones. Brings out melody in the song you normally wouldn't hear because of all those SFX.

as for that Murasa pop, i thought it was my computer the first few times i heard it. it still gets me sometimes now D:

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
as for that Murasa pop, i thought it was my computer the first few times i heard it. it still gets me sometimes now D:

me too

until i heard it when i was listening to my MP3, then i went "wait a second.."

cleartailcat

• Idiot Shouta
  • Missing
I don't know if it's because I have very low standards, but I often find it hard to dislike anything. In games I like at least. No exception here.

As for how UFO compares to the other games, my initial reaction to it is better than most of the older games. Except for the UFO system. But the ufo's help me with the stage raep that is Lunatic mode so I'm not gonna complain that much.

I seriously have to open my eyes: Captain Murasa's STAGE theme. And I was like bashing myself listening to her boss song. :V (God I feel stupid)

Now I heard it. Quite funny it occurs right at the part where the song goes smooth.

Funnier is that it happen several times in the track, meaning ZUN really need to clean out his desktop or apply microsoft updates  ;D

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
I'm surprised no one brought this up since this is connected to UFO for those who haven't bought it yet.

Apperently Doujin Shop is having a special sale going on right now!

Basiclly if you go buy UFO from Doujin shop you can get all whole assortment of Seifuku Sanae themed goodies (designed by Alphes!) depending on the package you buy!

Ranging from either a trading card, poster and what looks like a keychain! I suppose N-Forza can help us out here! XD Cause in all seriousness, this is an awesome package I think would be worth having in my book.

Here's the link for all those interested.

http://doujinshop.com/doujin/seirensentop.htm
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 02:07:54 PM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
i just thought of a reason why Nue's one of the easier extra bosses:

ZUN wanted to make up for Koishi being batshit hard and Shou's curvy lasers.

i can also see upcoming fandom of Nue being tsundere.

which i will happily ignore.

i can also see upcoming fandom of Nue being tsundere.
Um, any particular reason?

(I mean, Reimu's the one who was being actively "tsundere" about it :V)

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
Um, any particular reason?

(I mean, Reimu's the one who was being actively "tsundere" about it :V)

hmm, now that i think about it, tsundere wasn't exactly the right word.

..and i can't think of one.

:V...

Maybe describe the traits then? :o

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
well, she seems to like to play tricks on people(including scaring), and i'm thinking when she approached Byakuren about the UFO incident and apologized she had trouble with it. like, she did it with her head turned, red-faced, and she muttered it like "I'm sorry..I guess..".

at least that's me thinking like a japanese comic artist. :V

i guess she'd be like that one kid in school that was always picking on people and was always made to apologize in front of the class.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
"I-It's not like I want to apologize or something!"
Yep. Pretty Tsundere to me.

Hizengar's interpretation would fit Tsundere. Slaves' interpretation doesn't fit Tsundere, but is closer to my interpretation of Nue.

In my vision, Nue would have her head down, eyes tight shut and face flushed. It's doubly humiliating for her not just because of the shame but also because she's having to reveal her true form to a whole group of people (because it's not an apology unless she gives it to Shou and the others too). Given being anonymous is the source of her power, that's like castrating oneself to apologise if we compare to human standards. It's a huge gamble for her given she's showing her true form based only on Marisa's (or whichever EX protagonist you used) word of Byakuren's Vision. Such is the allure of Byakuren.

TannerB

Can't wait for the english patch

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
Here's an interesting (maybe) observation of TH12.

For the first time in, well, ever, no new characters were introduced as solely mid-bosses.  6 had Daiyousei and Koakuma, 7 had Lily White, 8 brought in Tei, 10 gave us Shizuha and Momiji, and 11 had Kisume.

cleartailcat

• Idiot Shouta
  • Missing
That's because the mid bosses who were their own boss or that bullet-spamming discoball/Nue.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
bullet-spamming discoball/Nue.
NUE X IKU OMG

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

bullet-spamming discoball/Nue.
NUE X IKU OMG
:V LOL

Also i can get through those pattern easily if i shoot down the fairies, so i won?t get hit by anything...

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
the last one she fires always gives me a heart attack :V

Hizengar's interpretation would fit Tsundere. Slaves' interpretation doesn't fit Tsundere, but is closer to my interpretation of Nue.

In my vision, Nue would have her head down, eyes tight shut and face flushed. It's doubly humiliating for her not just because of the shame but also because she's having to reveal her true form to a whole group of people (because it's not an apology unless she gives it to Shou and the others too). Given being anonymous is the source of her power, that's like castrating oneself to apologise if we compare to human standards. It's a huge gamble for her given she's showing her true form based only on Marisa's (or whichever EX protagonist you used) word of Byakuren's Vision. Such is the allure of Byakuren.
Actually, I thought part of the whole point is that her loli-appearance isn't her true form. (Unless that bouncing ball of light is it.) *reads the extra scenarios* Wait, never mind.

the last one she fires always gives me a heart attack :V
What, you mean the swarm of point-items? |3

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
What, you mean the swarm of point-items? |3

no, the last one in stage 4, where you get an extra life if you clear it without bombing/dying :V