Author Topic: proposing to edit/recode/patch hisotensoku project  (Read 4524 times)

proposing to edit/recode/patch hisotensoku project
« on: November 07, 2014, 02:48:52 AM »
goal:
think of it as phantasmagoria of flower view based hisotensoku or a fighting based danmaku game instead of danmaku based fighting game
faster and flashier

considering the following considerings
Spirit orbs
-[change to 0 drain for everything]

Decks
Drawing Cards & Casting Cards
-[considering each character has full choices of own cards but still retain of maximum of 4 each]

-[only one type of change not all of them, considering only one of the following]
choice A] 5 slot reset; similar to training mode F2+F3
A+B = set players' spellcard stock to 5 and resets deck.
B+C = use card

choice B] unlimited random cards
A+B = toggle card from 5 slot but first card will be remove and a random new card will replace the 5th slot
B+C = use card

choice C] only 1 slot card
A+B = reset card
B+C = use card and random card from deck refill
the spell card costs will drain the equal amount of orbs instead since only 1 card in slot, spirit orb will very slowly recover

Skill Cards
- [all skill cards are max at level 4] including basic skills

Weather
[considering permanent Aurora weather]
[weather system remains the same but instead of fixed weather cycle, its random weather]

Proration/Health
[considering double health points]
[triple the health points if spellcards drawing revamp]

blue color to be edit

red color edit* for loopholes

note: the videos are practice mode
example of "ultimate spell card battle"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-QRaNPI8gc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKY4R6kydTk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSv3nzemR3w
www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm16111609

example of level 4 skills battle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSv3nzemR3w
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 05:05:24 PM by lyingdemon »

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
Re: proposition to edit/recode/patch soku [temporary title]
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 11:01:17 AM »
You want to double/TRIPLE the health points when matches can already last 5+ minutes?

Permanent Aurora? Presuming you mean a random weather is picked it at the start of the round/match and stays until completion, this means it could be permanent Typhoon? Permanent River Mist?

What's the point in having more than one skill card in a deck if skills start at Level 4?

What do you mean by 0 drain for everything with spirit orbs? No loss of spirit from firing danmaku/using skills? This would leave the game incredibly unbalanced and give a huge advantage to Patchouli, Aya, Yuyuko (and others.) and a huge disadvantage to Meiling.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Re: proposition to edit/recode/patch soku [temporary title]
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 03:04:10 PM »
forgot the suggested name 12.34 東方緋想の封印 Eastern Seal of Scarlet Weather [temporary name]

thankyou for the reply
now fixing loopholes

consider the following:-

You want to double/TRIPLE the health points when matches can already last 5+ minutes?
  • skills and alt skills max level
  • if going with Drawing Cards revamp - instant 5 cost spell cards would mean instant 1/3 or 1/2 left if it hits
Permanent Aurora? Presuming you mean a random weather is picked it at the start of the round/match and stays until completion, this means it could be permanent Typhoon? Permanent River Mist?
  • weather system remains the same but instead of fixed weather cycle, its random weather
What's the point in having more than one skill card in a deck if skills start at Level 4?
  • Because spellcards are chosen from your deck at random during a match, adding more than one of the same type of card increases the odds it will show up.
  • also changing into other alt skill card or change back is possible
What do you mean by 0 drain for everything with spirit orbs? No loss of spirit from firing danmaku/using skills? This would leave the game incredibly unbalanced and give a huge advantage to Patchouli, Aya, Yuyuko (and others.) and a huge disadvantage to Meiling.
  • Me236bc2.png height=64 Water Taichi Fist -- 236B/C Creates a barrier of chi out of a whirlpool-shaped chi flow, which absorbs all projectile attacks. Her way of caring for the environment.
  • 0 Spirit orbs drain - max graze
  • Spellcards
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 03:15:41 PM by lyingdemon »

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
Re: proposition to edit/recode/patch hisotensoku
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 03:51:28 PM »
Being an avid Hisoutensoku player myself, I'll just go ahead and say it. I would not play this mod.

Regarding Meiling's alt 236, are you implying any Meiling players would need to constantly use that skill during matches to put up with Patchouli's bullet spam? Patchouli can, if there's infinite spirit, 5c hjc j5c 2d j5c ground cancel repeat. The game has limited spirit for a reason.

Instant 5 cards does not mean instant 1/3 or 1/2 health left if it hits. If anything, looking at the higher hitting cards, it will not go above 5k damage. Mostly you'll be looking at 3-4k damage from comboing into spells. If you also take into consideration your idea about infinite cards, the player can just use passive, space control cards infinitely - such as Patchouli's Satellite Sunflower. Everyone would just run a deck full of low cost, low recovery cards and spam the ones that are advantageous.

And wait, instead of spending cards spellcards spend spirit?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 04:03:38 PM by Shimatora »

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 05:08:17 PM »
I'm not someone who has played Soku a lot, but even I can tell this is a bad idea. This is more or less going "hey, you know the danmaku elements which are meant for zoning and sometimes damage which are limited by spirit for a reason? LET'S FOCUS AROUND THAT AND REMOVE THOSE INTENTIONAL LIMITS."

Plus you're saying that you can more or less spam spell cards, which is the same as if you could always spam your supers in ANY fighting game. No, no, they're supers for a REASON.

Just no, no, bad idea, please, it's fine as it is, this is not feasible or even balanced, just no.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 04:36:13 AM »
Everyone would just run a deck full of low cost, low recovery cards and spam the ones that are advantageous.
think of it something like a card game/tcg

And wait, instead of spending cards spellcards spend spirit?
instead of cards cost that eat away your other cards since spirit orbs are not in use

Plus you're saying that you can more or less spam spell cards, which is the same as if you could always spam your supers in ANY fighting game. No, no, they're supers for a REASON.
think of it as bombs

think of it as phantasmagoria of flower view based hisotensoku
stop thinking of it as just a fighting game and think out of the box

replies much oblige

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 06:12:30 AM »
That post could have been less harsh.

But good luck.
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 08:42:40 AM »
>think of it as bombs

Dude, even in the danmaku games, bombs are limited, and you can't spam them there, so why should you be able to spam them here?

Whatever the case, good luck with this nonsense. I apologize if I'm coming off as rude, but trust me, no one who has any amount of decent Soku experience under their belts is going to think this is a good idea, as Shimatora has already showed us.

EDIT: You know what, actually, I have a better idea. Why don't you drop any and all pretenses of this still resembling a fighting game and just make a danmaku adaptation of SWR and Soku, because that's a much better idea than making a fighting game play like a danmaku game.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 08:45:40 AM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Yugian

• Humble Blacksmith
  • If the soul preserves, Then Limits dont Exist.
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 08:48:12 AM »
Okay, i've only had a cursory look over this, but dude. Im just gonna tell you this upfront.

This aint gonna work.
Your trying to turn the game into a system its not. The game wasn't designed for this, im sorry to say. Soku is fine as it is, and we dont need a mod like this.

You know we could play instead of this? One that has game mechanics all about Danmaku as a primary combat system?
Phantasmagoria of Flower View.

It will work infinitely better. In all truth, your better off modding in new characters for PoFV, and tweaking the INI settings of PoFV to achieve a similar result, then break the back of a fighting game to have projectile spam.

I mean, if you really want to- go ahead. All the power to you. But this is missing the point of why people love and play Soku.
You dont go to chuck e. cheese to get a burger, you go there because Freddie is a little shit you want a pizza. Chuck E. Cheese happens to be good at making pizzas (Up for Debate), and not burgers. If you want a burger, go down to the burger joint instead. You'll have a much better time.

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 02:26:17 PM »
Personally what I want to see is...
* An option to disable weather effects outside of story mode. River mist and typhoon especially. Maybe the weather effects could be toggled individually. Maybe they can all be turned off at once. Either way would be great.
* A way to set up a character's starting moves instead of having to rely on the card system. The profile setup screen should allow this. I almost never bother with "replacement moves" because who knows when they may come up? =(
* Maybe something less random for the card system...... Have them come out in the order they are set up in the profile instead of random? I don't know.....

It is balanced decently aside from the randomness. I don't see a need for all these drastic changes you suggest......

What I really want to know is how do you plan to do this? Do you have the game's source or are you rewriting it from the ground up? This is ambitious so I don't know if it is a good idea to get invested in the idea if there is no way to make it happen. That is step one......