Author Topic: Filler Mafia - Day 5  (Read 43300 times)

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
Re: Filler Mafia - Day 5
« Reply #420 on: July 02, 2015, 04:13:17 AM »
How to win as Scum:
1 get Town to no-lynch
2 kill anyone who thinks Oarfish isn't scum
3 tunnel Oarfish

Mafia sucks
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #421 on: July 02, 2015, 10:48:20 AM »
At least we all agreed on the important bits; sky p's rage is bloody delicious
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #422 on: July 02, 2015, 10:58:21 AM »
How to win as Scum:
1 get Town to no-lynch
2 kill anyone who thinks Oarfish isn't scum
3 tunnel Oarfish

Mafia sucks

>implying the kills had anything to do with you

You were designated mislynch for LYLO because of your terrible play. Had you played better, then you might've averted everything.

EDIT: Maybe harsher than I should have been, but I'm none too happy with how this has happened multiple times: Town loses, and then the player central to the defeat complains that everyone else was bad. No, you're part of the problem. If you're alive, and you play your best and still get lynched/don't get the lynch you want, that means your opponent was simply better than you were. Stop blaming others and pretending you've no hand in losing. It's personal ineptitude that's to blame as much as your allies getting led around the nose.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 12:21:00 PM by Bardiche »

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #423 on: July 02, 2015, 11:07:28 AM »
^

To be a bit more specific, you mainly relied on your rolespec to draw conclusions, and that means you seem to us to be avoiding any real interaction with players. Which is decisively scummy.

Sure, you do manage to stumble upon the correct scums, but even so your argument is just so blatantly false that we dont even have to acknowledge it.

Also the basis of which you are drawing your conclusions this game is shaky anyway, you speculated on paint, which as I mentioned ingame (and also acknowledged by SB!) already is not even an indicative ability.

Perhaps try to actually read bards' posts which were the reason you were lynched? We think he's town exactly because he has legit reasoning, he draws upon 'real things' you have done, ane draw a reasonable conclusion based on that.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 11:35:53 AM by Darkninjaabc »
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #424 on: July 02, 2015, 02:19:29 PM »
So tell me, what should I have done differently?  How could I have defeated you?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #425 on: July 02, 2015, 02:39:16 PM »
I think if CF7 had been lynched on D2 or even D1 the game would have gone a lot more smoothly for town, even if CF7 turned out to be town.
2 No Lynches, smh lads.
I second this.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #426 on: July 02, 2015, 03:04:24 PM »
Yeah honestly there was very little solid evidence to go on because the first day we had a single lynchflip, it was lylo already.

The way for the game to have gone better would have been "don't no lynch". I mean, if we had people consolidating better, I might have actually gotten Zakeri lynched DAY ONE :D At the least, day 2, when it could still not be lylo quite yet.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #427 on: July 02, 2015, 10:14:07 PM »
Perhaps try to actually read bards' posts which were the reason you were lynched? We think he's town exactly because he has legit reasoning, he draws upon 'real things' you have done, ane draw a reasonable conclusion based on that.
Ehh let's not get too ahead of ourselves here. Bard played well but fmpov a lot of his accusations about Oarfish's motivations didn't hold up upon closer scrutiny (especially the part about Oarfish's D2 "Skypal narrative" which was in fact a DNA invention, and the fact that he backed away from it fairly quickly making it obvious Bard was cherrypicking when he claimed it was a big part of Oarfish's D2 posting!) As scum it's natural that he would try to twist the narrative and precisely because he's mafia you can't claim his pushes on Oarfish were "legit." Plus Bard has claimed before that as mafia that he tends to punish bad play, which isn't necessarily scummy play (opinions may differ here)!

Anyway, Oarfish did start to hit on some good points re: Bard's disinterest in figuring out whether CF7 was bad town or mafia, but then suffered from the fact that a large amount of his posting was drowned by inconclusive rolespec. Which can be useful in certain situations, but certainly wasn't here. Also, Oarfish, your play was easy to tunnel on because it was disorganized and haphazard, so difficult for townies to follow along with. See for instance your flip to a Raitaki/Serela team mid D4. Flexibility is good for town but if you jump around in a way other people can't follow, they will suspect you're making everything up as you go. You have an issue with presentation. The information to conclude DNA/Bard was there in the thread so why didn't the other townies listen to you? Well, it's because you didn't present your opinions in a way that convinced other people. Persuading other people that you're right is the other half of mafia after all.

Also the kills were pretty much all obvious town or strong prs when they were killed, and no lynching was a town failure not a scum one.

EDIT: tl;dr version since that was a little messy

Less is more, most of the time. Concision is king.
Getting people to agree with you means you have to be more persuasive than other people.
Charisma can make up for shortcomings in casemaking ability.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:28:23 PM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

« Reply #428 on: July 03, 2015, 10:09:50 PM »
So tell me, what should I have done differently?  How could I have defeated you?

if CF7 had been lynched Day one, I don't think scum would have won.