Author Topic: No Man's Sky  (Read 1273 times)

The Hating Hater

• What's the deal?
  • YO~!
No Man's Sky
« on: December 10, 2013, 07:47:58 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRpDn5qPp3s

HelloGames is making a open-explore-the-galaxy game. Kind of like Starbound, but just in 3D and in first person.

redlakitu

Re: No Man's Sky
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 08:46:15 PM »
I used to play a somewhat similar game back in the day - one with a procedurally generated galaxy (much less detailed and technically advanced), but no combat whatsoever.  I used to dream about a sequel, or at least a spiritual successor, too. No Man's Land might well be a dream come true - IF the developers don't mess the combat aspect up. I just don't want the combat to be of the "my pulse cannon is bigger than yours" variety.

That said, godspeed to the developers. The trailer is very impressive and I'm going to give the game a chance no matter what.

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 07:21:29 AM »
Can anyone confirm how large this "not-a-sandbox galaxy" is?
It looks tremendous and amazing. One of the best "simulators" that I'll be looking forward to. I'm on the field of aerospace, and this is not something I'll pass up.
I'll be glad to beta test it, if they have one.

I hope it'll be available on steam along with Star Citizen.

I don't usually say this, but I find indies owning pretty much than bigger games in my list.

I was disappointed with Star Ocean. Thinking SE would be able to make an awesome space-based game...but this might save my hopes for a good one.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 07:47:18 AM by [En] Daniel »

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 01:56:00 AM »
We've learned quite a lot about the game over the past few days and I feel that I need to resurrect this old thread, because... well, just look at the newly released trailers:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/06/new-no-mans-sky-videos-revealed/

Myself, I'm anticipating the game extremely eagerly and I'm not afraid of it not meeting my overhyped expectations. I simply know it will be worth the wait. Honestly, look at the trailers, especially the second one. Just look at them. I don't even care if they mess up the gameplay completely. The moment you enter a solar system, land your spaceship on the surface of a planet, set foot on the alien ground and face the Great Unexplored, experiencing its vastness through your own eyes (the game might actually have Oculus Rift support) - this singular moment will be worth it.

Oh, and for something more down to the Earth, here's a long but very interesting interview with Sean Murray. Watching it should give you a pretty good idea of how the game's world generation works.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/12/05/take-a-30-minute-behind-the-scenes-tour-of-no-mans-sky.aspx
Рабинович глядит на плакат ?Ленин умер, но дело его живет!?
? уж лучше бы о он жил!