Author Topic: An Untitled Mafia - Game Over  (Read 65335 times)

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
Re: An Untitled Mafia - Day 4
« Reply #630 on: November 27, 2013, 02:46:53 AM »
I saw Kilga and Schezo contemplating voting for me when I logged into the thread.  I thought there was still three votes for me.  I scrolled back and saw some poeple voting for Schezo. 

I knew I was town and that if I didn't vote I would be dead.  So I voted for Schezo even though I knew he was (almost certainly) town.  I didn't realise it would be hammer time, but I did think if I was putting him at L-1 it wouldn't be long to hammer.  I just panicked.  I wish that I would have hammered Zakeri, though. 

Since then I've been so angry I didn't want to post. 

Everything has happened as I said it would.  The only thing that surprised me was IHNN even considering that maybe something was up with Zak. 

I am not going to self-vote.  I am not scum.  I will entertain voting for somebody else but I don't want to give away the vote that ends the game unless it's lead by somebody I DO consider to be town. 

Which does include you. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #631 on: November 27, 2013, 02:50:41 AM »
I mean I tried so hard and wrote massive write ups but people poked one hole in whatever I said and dismissed the entire thing.  The only person who has actually asked me a question or replied to a point in a decent way - that wasn't one of the people I was accusing - was you, just then.  It's like until now I haven't existed in the game.  All the work I've done was for nothing.  So of course I'm angry.  What's the point of it all?  In the end I couldn't make a difference. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #632 on: November 27, 2013, 02:56:55 AM »
So you seriously thought you were going to get hammered when there was like 48 hours left in the day (and you only even had 2 out of 5 votes on you at the time)

so you hammered someone you thought wasn't scum to save yourself

even though that'd only make it a million times more likely for you to be lynched immediately as soon as the next day came up

?_?

Yeah this makes no sense even if you think that SkyPaladin could be too new to realize how bad quickhammering is, and even if you could accept that he kind of dropped the ball for a minute. His explanation of "I didn't realize it would hammer him but I did think he'd be hammered soon" makes no sense either because it assumes someone else would quickhammer Schezo with a ton of time left in the day.

Can't see SkyPaladin as town in this situation.

SkyPaladin, I think you were mostly dismissed because people largely weren't interested in lynching you, so you weren't a big topic of discussion. In D3 you had very-possibly-scum IHNN voting you, Darkie with the most ridiculous vote sitting on you, and...

...stop making me not want to lynch you. No. Stop.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #633 on: November 27, 2013, 02:58:41 AM »
##Unvote ##Vote Darkie

Motherfucker we're doing it live. There is no loss to this even if SkyPaladin is scum because Darkie would probably get lynched immediately afterwords.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #634 on: November 27, 2013, 03:00:18 AM »
The reasoning behind this is that I think the SkyPaladin wagon d3 was scum.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #635 on: November 27, 2013, 03:01:16 AM »
Or, you know, we could all lynch DNA or someone else first, it's not like Sky is going to go anywhere  :V

Because I'm pretty sure we can all agree on DNA's alignment even if we can't for Sky.  More flips=more chance for VCA.

Also, Sky, on the off-chance you're town, do you still think I'm likely scum even when 2 deaths occurred overnight while I was disabled, and Kilga claimed disabling me, and flipped disabler?  From an outside perspective that -does- seem like a pretty out there conclusion to be drawing.

-cut-
##Vote: DNA
GOOOO SERELA, IF YOU'RE SCREWING UP LYLO WE'RE DOING IT ON THE SAME PAGE  :V :V :V :V :V :V :V

-cut-
 :colonveeplusalpha:
No.  Bad Serela.  I am not scum.  :colbert:

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #636 on: November 27, 2013, 03:01:49 AM »
##Vote DarkninjaABC

I think it's a good reasoning but worst case scenario, everybody agrees DNA is scum.  We can always lynch Sky tomorrow >.>;;

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #637 on: November 27, 2013, 03:02:47 AM »
My opinion on you as scum went very weak when you publically mentioned suspicion for Zak, and then vanished entirely when you voted for DNA. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #638 on: November 27, 2013, 03:03:51 AM »
I told Prims hammer but then he told me it's 4 to lynch not 3

oh.

Well I guess I couldn't have told SkyPaladin to hammer himself after all.

w/e we still would be lynching darkie immediately after sky, most likely, or after the second scum died if not, so I don't care

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #639 on: November 27, 2013, 03:04:41 AM »
Edit to add:

Actually, IHNN you make a VERY good point. 

If Serela can confirm you were booted from the neighbour QT, that's one-too-many actions. 

Well.....

.....I apologise for trying to get you killed the entire game. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #640 on: November 27, 2013, 03:08:16 AM »
My opinion on you as scum went very weak when you publically mentioned suspicion for Zak, and then vanished entirely when you voted for DNA.
But you were reading me as scum while I was suspecting Zak, and a scum would want to act like town (secure a scum lynch) if a town lynch were to be impossible, so
Not that I want you to be reading me as scum, I'm just saying the reasons for it...aren't exactly sense-making reasons.

If Serela can confirm you were booted from the neighbour QT, that's one-too-many actions. 
Serela can indeed confirm that I'm not able to say anything in the QT today, nor could I yesterday.  So could Zak too, in case the entire game is wrong about Serela (YOU CAN'T BE TOO SAFE)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #641 on: November 27, 2013, 03:09:23 AM »
Yes he's been booted from the QT for the last two days. Zak can also confirm it.

With 3 scum there'd be 3 actions though. NK, Janitor kill (the ???? dormio flip), and then a disabled IHNN. Yes, it makes it a little less likely, but certainly doesn't clear IHNN.

I dunno, I think town's lost because there's still several people to heavily suspect as scum even if we get two scum lynches in a row. But it's certainly not time to give up.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #642 on: November 27, 2013, 03:12:43 AM »
I had viewed Zak as like 90% scum and IHNN at about 80% scum.  One thing scum WOULDN'T do (I think) would be, on LYLO, to suddenly say the person they have worked with all game looks suspicious.  There was no reason for you to bring it up if you were scum. 

.............................................I guess I always just assumed Serela was town. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #643 on: November 27, 2013, 03:14:48 AM »
Serela, Cheez: town
IHNN, Sky, NNR, Zak: ???
DNA: scum

Of the ??? set I'm very unlikely due to N3 roleshens, and that leaves Sky/NNR/Zak as 2S1T.  My gut says the town in there is NNR, but looking at it objectively...Zak is probably scum?  Kilga also raised points against NNR that made sense and said one of Schezo and NNR is scum (sorry Schezo, I was wrong ;_;).  Unless maybe I'm wrong on Cheez?  has anyone had a scumread on Cheez?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #644 on: November 27, 2013, 03:16:00 AM »
SkyPaladin:Are you talking about me? :S I was more then happy to lynch IHNN day 2.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #645 on: November 27, 2013, 03:17:00 AM »
no cheez was like my first townread and I even made sure to read some of his posts every now and then instead of just handwaving him

and he keeps looking p.town

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #646 on: November 27, 2013, 03:21:45 AM »
I was responding to IHNN re: Zak, and then mentioned you for part 2 of his response 'Just to be sure, Serela could be scum'.  You've always read town to me, Serela. 

I've read Cheez as town for most of the game, however I was suspicious of his hammer of Dan.  At the time I thought it was to protect Zak.  But I can't come to a solid argument of why it's not OK to hammer Dan over Zakeri, as much as I tried.  I think Cheez8 did his honest best. 

I was sure both Schezo and NNR were town by the way they pretty much sniped at each other all game and didn't do anything else.  Now NNR is on his own so its' a good chance to actually get a read on him.  He started by wanting to lynch me but he didn't vote right away.  So that's a good sign, but his aggressiveness was really shocking.  Like he personally hated me. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #647 on: November 27, 2013, 03:27:38 AM »
like the part where he almost wanted to sheep your case on why to vote zakeri?

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #648 on: November 27, 2013, 03:36:35 AM »
That, and today's comments.  "He's a dead man."  >.>;; 

I read that and was like "What the hell?  Why the hostility?"  That just flipped my rage switch.  I stayed away from the computer so I didn't melt down. 

That's not a scum reading I guess because he didn't vote right away in LYLO.  I just felt, it was personal.  I didn't like it. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #649 on: November 27, 2013, 03:40:22 AM »
How is that personal? He said you're a dead man because it was obvious you were going to be quicklynched.

Which I'm still vaguely wondering why I'm not doing .

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #650 on: November 27, 2013, 03:45:18 AM »
It felt personal because off the back of his 'hahaha what' comment, which stung, I was more sensitive to it.  I really put my heart out on that post.  I stayed up late and I expected people to read it and even if they didn't agree to it, give some good commentary from it. 

Instead I got crushed.  My attitude has improved a lot since we started talking though.  Maybe staying away from the computer was the wrong idea.  I just couldn't see what I could do to make a difference. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #651 on: November 27, 2013, 03:49:20 AM »
Ah well, I have to go to my afternoon shift.  I'll be back in a little bit.  If it goes to night while I'm gone, hopefully I'll see you next day phase >.>;; 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #652 on: November 27, 2013, 03:59:43 AM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Darkie
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #653 on: November 27, 2013, 04:04:08 AM »
I'm totally satisified with lynching Darkninja, on second thought, since he might as well be confirmed scum too. He's done basically nothing useful this whole game, and I don't even remember him posting for the last game day or so. Looks more like a coasting lurker sheep to me at this point then anything else.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #654 on: November 27, 2013, 04:05:53 AM »
Although I suppose that's hammer, so we'll see the results quite soon regardless, I'm certain.

« Reply #655 on: November 27, 2013, 04:08:45 AM »
HAMMER SHUT UP

« Reply #656 on: November 27, 2013, 04:12:34 AM »
Darkninjaabc, playing GrottoRed, Vanilla Townie, was egged out of the game!

Serela, playing Shopkeeper, Town Neighbor, I have no name, playing Gambler, Town Neighbor and Zakeri, playing Landlord, Town Neighbor Encryptor die endgame to the mafia team of NekoRex, playing StoneEye, Mafia Modified Watcher, Sky_Paladin, playing Shakespeare, Mafia Modified Roleblocker, and Cheez8, playing FinalBoss, Mafia 1x Deathproof / 1x Chargeable Janitor.

RIP in peace town

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: An Untitled Mafia - Game Over
« Reply #657 on: November 27, 2013, 04:14:07 AM »
(?・ω・`)
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #658 on: November 27, 2013, 04:14:17 AM »
Scum QT
Neighbor QT
Graveyard QT
Mod QT

Role PMs:
Quote from: BT
Role: Bandit, Town Weak Tracker
Flavor: SkyTown sure is dull, so you've dedicated your life to the ways of a gentleman thief. You're willing to team up with other travelers for mutual gain, too, but that tends to make you an easy target...
Abilities:
Weak Tracker (Active): Each night, you may ##Track another player. If this player would return guilty to a cop investigation that night, you will die regardless of protection. Otherwise, you will learn who they targeted.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one townie remains. Best of luck!

Quote from: Raikaria
Role: Girl, Town Even-Night Jailkeeper
Flavor: It's a dangerous world out there, and you're always willing to take a fellow outcast in for the night and give them some shelter. However, most of your days are spent building a boat to adventure overseas, so you don't have all the time in the world to meet with travelers.
Abilities:
Jailkeeper (Active): At night, you may ##Jail another player. This player will be both immune to ordinary killing actions and prevented from using active abilities. You may not use this action on odd-numbered nights.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one townie remains. Best of luck!

Quote from: Kilgamayan
Role: Floretta, Town Disabler
Flavor: You've grown ghost flowers everywhere and love sending people on annoying fetch quests to collect them for you. Anybody caught up in this will be too busy warping from save point to save point to go about their daily routine.
Abilities:
Disabler (Active): Each night, you may ##Disable another player. Any abilities your target has that are marked Active or Passive will become unusable for the following day and night phase.

Quote from: Dormio
Role: Treasure Chest, Town Target Commuter
Flavor: What even are you? You hide in various corners of the map to challenge travelers with block puzzles and know enough English to provide instructions, but otherwise you're a total enigma.
Abilities:
Target Commuter (Active): Each night, you may ##Commute while sending in a list of players. Those players will be unable to target you that night unless their action is higher priority (eg most roleblocks). You may not pick the same player two nights in a row. Your night action does not visit its targets.

Quote from: Serela
Role: Shopkeeper, Town Neighbor
Flavor: You've got lots of odds and ends to sell to the people of SkyTown, but haven't persuaded any buyers yet. Maybe nobody has any use for them, or maybe it's because you scare customers off by babbling like a madman.
Abilities:
Neighbor (Passive): During the day phase, you may speak with your neighbors, I have no name, Zakeri and BigBangMeteor, in this quicktopic.

Quote from: I have no name
Role: Gambler, Town Neighbor
Flavor: You've been making a fortune gambling with any chump who visits the homes in SkyTown and have no intention of losing your wealth to a bunch of ghosts.
Abilities:
Neighbor (Passive): During the day phase, you may speak with your neighbors, Zakeri, Serela and BigBangMeteor, in this quicktopic.

Quote from: Zakeri
Role: Landlord, Town Neighbor Encryptor
Flavor: You've got one (1) house the size of an entire map square to sell, but no interested buyers have come to SkyTown so far, so you're renting it out to some townsfolk as a hideout during the day.
Abilities:
Neighbor (Passive): During the day phase, you may speak with your neighbors, Serela, I have no name and BigBangMeteor, in this quicktopic.
Encryptor: Should you die, the neighbor quicktopic will be shut down for the rest of the game.

Quote from: BBM
Role: Sleeping Bird, Town Neighbor
Flavor: Who cares about life outside of SkyTown, right? You just want to sleep all day in the town square.
Abilities:
Neighbor (Passive): During the day phase, you may speak with your neighbors, Zakeri, Serela and I have no name, in this quicktopic.

Quote from: Darkninjaabc
Role: GrottoRed, Vanilla Townie
Flavor: Some asshole egg intruded on your home, woke you up from your slumber and whooped you before leaving. Life just hasn't been the same since then.
Abilities: You have none whatsoever.

Quote from: Schezo
Role: Bird, Vanilla Townie
Flavor: You are the protagonist. After 5 hours cluelessly exploring grottos, you finally searched online to learn the arbitrary way you were supposed to hatch from your egg. Cheater. Still, now you can use your word and your vote properly, so congrats!

Quote from: SB
Role: Bartholomew, Vanilla Townie
Flavor: All the townsfolk admire your spiffy hat and love for the thrill of adventure, but when it comes down to it you're just as vulnerable as any other bird.

Quote from: ActionDan
Role: NightSpirit, Town Miller
Flavor: You just like hanging out with your ghost friends up in the treetops, but all this kidnapping business has people wary of malignant spirits. Doesn't help that you're rather territorial.
Abilities:
Miller (Passive): You return as guilty to cop investigations.

Quote from: NekoRex
Role: StoneEye, Mafia Modified Watcher
Flavor: You recently caught a bad case of conjunctivitis, and now you're taking your irritation out on the town by showering them with bullshit undodgable bullet patterns and wall lasers that would put MegaMari to shame I hate you so fucking much.
Abilities:
Nightkill (Active, Factional): If none of your teammates are already doing so, you may ##Nightkill another player at night to remove them from the game. You may not use this and ##Watch in the same night.
Buddies! (Factional): You may speak with your scumbuddies, Sky_Paladin and Cheez8, at any time in this quicktopic.
Mafia Safeclaim (Factional): You know that the Crystal Ball, residing in the SkyLands and capable of revealing the whereabouts of a health upgrade in exchange for a fee, is not a role in this game.
Deathwatcher (Active): Each night, you may ##Watch another player, learning who targeted them. If you use the factional nightkill on a player, that player will also automatically be targeted by this ability.

You win when at least one mafia member remains and all threats are dead, or when the host decides nothing can stop the same from happening. Best of luck!

Quote from: Skypal
Role: Shakespeare, Mafia Modified Roleblocker
Flavor: Even though you're a ninja, poking around in the game files shows that you're named after a playwright for some reason. Regardless, you're no slouch in combat and can easily trap and assassinate those who would threaten the FinalBoss' domination of SkyTown.
Abilities:
Nightkill (Active, Factional): If none of your teammates are already doing so, you may ##Nightkill another player at night to remove them from the game. You may not use this and ##Roleblock in the same night.
Buddies! (Factional): You may speak with your scumbuddies, NekoRex and Cheez8, at any time in this quicktopic.
Mafia Safeclaim (Factional): You know that the Casino Man, the owner of a bonus game where three prizes are shuffled throughout three boxes, is not a role in this game.
Deathblocker (Active): Each night, you may ##Roleblock another player, preventing them from using active abilities that night. If you use the factional nightkill on a player, that player will also automatically be targeted by this ability.

You win when at least one mafia member remains and all threats are dead, or when the host decides nothing can stop the same from happening. Best of luck!

Quote from: Cheez8
Role: FinalBoss, Mafia 1-Shot Deathproof / 1-Shot Chargeable Janitor
Flavor: You're an evil wizard with many forms, and you're here to bring eternal darkness to SkyTown! Why? I dunno, you hate the sun or something like that. An Untitled Story's plot is pretty silly. Either way you don't go down easily and you can call down giant-ass purple lasers from the sky so fuck town.
Abilities:
Nightkill (Active, Factional): If none of your teammates are already doing so, you may ##Nightkill another player at night to remove them from the game. You may not use this and ##Charge in the same night, or use this on a night where you are sent on your charged-up kill.
Buddies! (Factional): You may speak with your scumbuddies, NekoRex and Sky_Paladin, at any time in this quicktopic.
Mafia Safeclaim (Factional): You know that the Fluffy XR-9, a powerful floating robot armed with rockets and designed to repel ghosts, is not a role in this game.
1-Shot Deathproof (Passive): The first attempt on your life will fail, whether it be by lynch or role. This ability is disabled in LYLO situations, though it will still work in MYLO.
1-Shot Chargeable Janitor (Active): Once in the game, you may ##Sweep another player while sent on your team's factional nightkill to hide their flip from all players but yourself. Alternately, you may ##Charge during the night phase. The soonest night phase after you charge, you will be forced to ##Sweep another player, with the bonus that this kill will not be considered your team's factional nightkill. Should you be blocked from using active abilities when using your additional kill, it will be pushed back a night.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #659 on: November 27, 2013, 04:14:55 AM »
Credit to Cheez for  pretty much never being seriously suspected. I was sure IHNN was the third scum once I learned he wasn't a third party.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"