Author Topic: An Untitled Mafia - Game Over  (Read 64789 times)

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
Re: An Untitled Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2013, 02:36:53 PM »
The nnr iz angry for last game trusting polly to be hooker. D:
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2013, 03:00:11 PM »
##Unvote ##Vote SkyPaladin
Lining up lynches the moment rvs ends? Really? Obviously it's not something I would imagine he'd really follow through on (because by the end of d1 everything will be different) but the fact he's even doing it is just plain O_O, my gut says it's scummy in the line of trying too hard to look good -> doing things actual people would never actually do at this point of the game.

(of course this is only ed1 strong but I -am- being serious, just as I imagine SkyPaladin was being ed1 serious in his post there as silly joking around time is over)

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2013, 03:37:04 PM »
Then why aren't you voting for him?
Because it's Darkie. He says his role is activated by getting hammers but clearly isn't trying to get one here.

Then again the Dormio wagon is really dumb anyway and I would've been worried and unvoted a long time ago if I wasn't confident that nobody in their right mind would actually push the thing through.

This is interesting though.
Someday, I'll have a clue what I'm doing.

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2013, 03:40:04 PM »
"This" being actual discussion happening so early. Maybe skimming the game as soon as I wake up and posting before breakfast wasn't the best of ideas. I can tell my posts are a good bit less coherent than they should be. >_>

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2013, 04:17:34 PM »
Because it's Darkie. He says his role is activated by getting hammers but clearly isn't trying to get one here.
More clarification: What I mean is that, on top of the "I can't imagine Dormio actually being lynched from this" reason, I could also see Darkie not lying about this and forgetting that he can't hammer when he's already voting for someone, or something like that. I'm sure as heck not going to trust him for that though.

Anyway, I'm gonna go read this stuff better and try to see if I form an opinion that I'm alright with.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2013, 04:40:49 PM »
##Unvote NekoNekoRex
##Vote Sky_Paladin

Dude makes me fidget with the points he's bringing up. What's special about DNA removing his self-vote? In particular his #68 leaves me with the impression he's checking the waters before casting his vote. His SB vote shortly after randomly links him and DNA. (#70) "Interesting", yeah.

@BT- I think it's mainly just a joke. I don't necessarily think it means he's town either because these sort of RVS flashwagons are great for distancing- you can vote a buddy with no real repercussions of them possibly being lynched.
Might as well clarify here, what I actually meant by "Dormio is town" is that scum being run up to essentially L-1 in a 15p game in RVS is statistically unlikely. Either way I got what I wanted.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2013, 04:53:40 PM »
##unvote

##vote Serela

Sky's suspicions are ... unsubstantiated.  Or evidence used to reach a conclusion is dubious at best.  However, that unique perspective is not in and of itself scummy.  And while there are many irrelevancies in his posts I see them as counterproductive to a scum agenda.  In fact the posts are on the whole counterproductive to a scum agenda.  So, whacky as they are, they probably come from town.

Why Serela? Because even as Serela votes Sky for the weak point of "lining up lynches" she admits the point isn't strong yet rationalizes it by invoking gut.   Meaning Serela realizes it isn't good enough to think Sky is scum and votes him anyway.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2013, 04:54:30 PM »
Cheez prolly town btw.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2013, 04:56:26 PM »
also Neko prolly town

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2013, 04:57:04 PM »
and if I had an extra bone to throw I'd give it too SB.

but I don't

Don't lynch me.

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2013, 05:02:59 PM »
##Vote: Darkninjaabc

You guys know it, keeping me alive is going to be a pain.
This is pretty funny. No bearing on relevant opinions, but it's still an opinion!
Actually a lot of the posts in the first two pages make me smile.

ActionDan makes me uncertain. I do kind of want to know why he's doing what he's doing because I don't understand why he's taken the lines of questioning that he has.

I'm voting for you because I said those two people were suspicious and you IMMEDIATELY switched your vote.  That's a lot more suspicious to me than DNA.  But if you flip red, DNA's next on my list.
This is... a little over-ambitious, you know? I kind of doubt we could find two scum players purely from early D1 votes. I also don't really see the connection.

...And still no good reads that couldn't go both ways. Right. I forgot that this is what things are like all through D1.

Cut by ActionDan a bunch. What was the point of those questions earlier?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2013, 05:06:05 PM »
Sky's suspicions are ... unsubstantiated.  Or evidence used to reach a conclusion is dubious at best.  However, that unique perspective is not in and of itself scummy.  And while there are many irrelevancies in his posts I see them as counterproductive to a scum agenda.  In fact the posts are on the whole counterproductive to a scum agenda.  So, whacky as they are, they probably come from town.
Ehhh disagree. Just compared with the way he opened the last game, where he didn't rush his opinions and was pretty clear. Here he's just too confrontational, piling on reasons that don't really make sense, which fits with what Serela said about scumhype.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2013, 05:08:08 PM »
Cheez just pick something to pursue.

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2013, 05:28:35 PM »
Gotcha... but deciding on something is pretty hard so early on.

I guess I'm most suspicious of Darkie right now? He's claimed under basically no pressure during D1 AGAIN but this time I can't tell if he's pretending to be serious, being serious, or just joking around. In fact I can't even tell if he was serious about wanting a replacement because he's kept on posting in the meantime. It's a stupid reason to be suspicious of someone but all I have are stupid reasons right now.

Paladin could be my next choice but honestly his actions don't feel scummy so much as they feel overzealous and probably misguided.

I still want to understand Action Dan too but that's not actually suspicion yet.

ActionDan

« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2013, 05:32:59 PM »
in due time

Don't lynch me.

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2013, 05:40:16 PM »
That's not very reassuring coming from a night spirit, especially since I'm basically programmed to suspect anything and everything resembling a ghost after playing AUS so much, but I don't suppose there's anything I can do to change your mind. Fine, I guess I'll wait and see what Darkie (or his replacement?) has to say for himself.

ActionDan

« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2013, 05:40:45 PM »
Ehhh disagree. Just compared with the way he opened the last game, where he didn't rush his opinions and was pretty clear. Here he's just too confrontational, piling on reasons that don't really make sense, which fits with what Serela said about scumhype.

I can be different one game to the next.  Plus I don't see a huge difference in how he analyzes.  Hard to compare since the game started out differently without a 6-man wagon.

Serela didn't say anything like that.  She only commented on "lynch SB --> lynch Dark" idea. 

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2013, 05:44:35 PM »
Um.

I thought it was transparent I was making fun of last game's D3.
I don't like this post.

part of that is because he responds to the weaker half of NNR's arguement by saying "It was a joke" and then doesn't address the other half of his case.

##Unvote: ActionDan
##Vote: BT

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2013, 05:46:56 PM »
I don't like this post.

part of that is because he responds to the weaker half of NNR's arguement by saying "It was a joke" and then doesn't address the other half of his case.
1) It was a joke. Were you expecting me to say something else?
2) The other half is the Dormio is town thing which I did explain.

So ?_?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2013, 05:47:13 PM »
I can be different one game to the next.  Plus I don't see a huge difference in how he analyzes.  Hard to compare since the game started out differently without a 6-man wagon.

Serela didn't say anything like that.  She only commented on "lynch SB --> lynch Dark" idea. 
Here:
my gut says it's scummy in the line of trying too hard to look good
is what I meant.

IMO points like "Dark was self-voting" and "SB didn't say anything about BT" are where the analysis is different. As in it really isn't analysis.

(didn't mean to split these two posts)

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2013, 05:50:16 PM »
After thinking about it for 40 seconds I'll say that "?_?" means I don't like the vote. Attacks my post way too hastily.

« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2013, 06:32:08 PM »
1) It was a joke. Were you expecting me to say something else?
2) The other half is the Dormio is town thing which I did explain.

So ?_?

I guess what makes it suspicious is that it's actually a valid observation, so when you say it was "Just a joke" it feels like backpedaling to avoid scrutiny.
I'll grant you the second part. But I don't feel like the way the wagon panned out makes it statistically unlikely for Dormio to be scum because as silly as L-1 in the first five hours of the first day is, I don't think scum would exclude themselves from joining the fun on a buddy since it'll never end up happening and in the extremely rare case it does, everyone would be too busy kicking the hammerer's face in (who obviously wouldn't be scum in this scenerio).

Do you think I'm more likely to be hasty as town or as scum?

BigBangMeteor

• 60% of the time, I win every time
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2013, 07:19:06 PM »
BT- if your point is that town are more likely to get run up in RVS simply on account of having greater numbers, by that logic, they are more likely to get run up even as a serious wagon, at any point in the game. Which basically means that statistically, every wagon is more likely to be town than scum, which I suppose is true, but if we played that way then we'd never lynch anyone ever. Your logic pings me in a weird way like trying to seem as if you're contributing too hard.

I also get what Dan is saying about Serela. Serela's point itself is fine and I agree with it, but then what is the reason behind distancing himself away from it and going "it's serious but still only ED1 strong"? Obviously people realize that reasons for votes are not going to be as strong early on in the game. There's no reason to point it out when you make the vote unless it's a really really minor thing, which this isn't.

BigBangMeteor

« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2013, 07:20:19 PM »
##Unvote, ##Vote: Serela

BigBangMeteor

« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2013, 07:23:38 PM »
Also Sky's vote against SB is totally an OMGUS but considering that is basically what his entire scumhunting was after a certain point last game, I'm not sure how scummy it is on its own.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2013, 07:42:11 PM »
I guess what makes it suspicious is that it's actually a valid observation, so when you say it was "Just a joke" it feels like backpedaling to avoid scrutiny.
It was "a valid observation" but that doesn't matter because I was joking. And I thought it was obvious too. <_< The VC even looked just like the one I was referencing.

Do you think I'm more likely to be hasty as town or as scum?
I generally think scum are more likely to immediately point to a post they think is bad without thinking about it too much. It's... not that solid, now that I think about it, but hey.

Your logic pings me in a weird way like trying to seem as if you're contributing too hard.
The quickhammer thing? It was mostly to *say something* at that point. Even if I'm right it's still really weak.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2013, 07:47:54 PM »
Well this is getting lame fast.

##Unvote:
##Vote: ihavenoname

BigBangMeteor

« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2013, 08:13:23 PM »
@BT- Your vote is currently on Sky for trying to seem as if he was tryharding. If you were just saying something for the sake of saying something, why do you think this can't also be the case with him?

@Schezo- Do you really have no opinions?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2013, 08:14:53 PM »
Well this is getting lame fast.

Mind elaborating?

Also I'm not too sure I agree with the Serela votes and I'm kinda on this wagon being built. I don';t really have a FoS at this point so I'll just ##Unvote. Maybe I'll have something in an hour or two or tomorrow morning but right now I want off this train.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #119 on: November 17, 2013, 08:15:59 PM »
yeah.  vote for most tryhard opening post 2013.  The rest of the stuff that's happened is negligible.