Author Topic: My ears are still ringing...  (Read 3618 times)

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
My ears are still ringing...
« on: October 05, 2013, 01:44:22 PM »
...from this concert: http://do-jin-friendship.info/circles.html

That is definitely one of the biggest perks to living in this country, that I can go see most of my favorite Touhou/doujin artists live in concert (the exception being T. Stebbins :argh: )

But seriously, A-One knows how to put on a show. Pretty much everything they've been putting out recently has been their Toho Eurobeat albums, but when they play it live, they give it a stronger rock feel with live guitars and drums. And they seem to have a dedicated costumer who makes some incredible outfits for the band: https://twitter.com/akico82/status/381295891237179392/

Digital Wing + Halozy are a lot of fun, really emphasizing audience participation with call-and-response sections, almost hip-hop-like. They have some cool dancers, too.

Unlucky Morpheus are mind-blowing. Powerful singers and insane guitarists. Pretty much the be-all, end-all of vocal speed metal arrangements.

And it turns out that tonight was Foreground Eclipse's final performance, since they broke up after the show. I'm not big into screamo, but they are extremely competent and they have some crazy fans. Their show last year was the first time I saw a mosh pit at a Touhou concert.

I seen a ton of other circles live, too, and I really wish they had more chances to perform overseas (although I think A-One, EastNewSound and Yuuhei Satellite went to China a few months ago for some doujin event-like thing). But then again, it's impressive they have enough of a audience in Japan to be able to rent out venues like Zepp Tokyo. Some circles even released DVDs of their past concerts, so I guess that's one way to share it, heh.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: My ears are still ringing...
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 03:07:30 PM »
I don't suppose you took any photos of these shows? I have some photos of the Albatrosicks* playing live, but that's about it.

* (Only tangentially related to Touhou doujin bands, as Albatrosicks has ARM and miko among its members.)

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

N-Forza

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 03:26:12 PM »
Nope, they don't let you take photos at pretty much every concert I've been to, although sometimes band members will post shots from the stage during the curtain call like this one from Unlucky Morpheus' guitarist: https://twitter.com/tansann/status/386465337056559105 (You can actually see me just off to the right near the top, in the white and red shirt. At least I think it's me)

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 04:43:17 PM »
>A-One, EastNewSound and Yuuhei Satellite went to a doujin-like event in China

That was for the CAF convention in Chengdu. It's apparently a strange hybrid of a doujin event and a glitzy Chinese style commercial "game culture" convention. Yuuhei Satellite has also been visiting Chinese conventions frequently since 2012.

Recently a Touhou concert was held in Hong Kong. It had Buta-Otome, Iron Attack! and IOSYS.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 05:12:09 PM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 06:22:56 PM »
Sad to hear about Foreground Eclipse. They were one of my favorites too.

...I want to actually be in a concert like that someday.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

N-Forza

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 12:57:53 AM »
Oh yeah, I remember hearing about that Hong Kong concert a while back, since I follow Buta-Otome closely, too. They also have a really good stage presence despite pre-recording their guitars and drums. I guess the animal masks help, heh.

If I remember correctly, I think the guitarists and bassist of Foreground Eclipse are still active as part of another circle called Register 6. It just seemed like the drummer/screamer and vocalist were done. And they will probably have a new CD at Winter Comiket.

N-Forza

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 11:08:28 AM »
Looks like Unlucky Morpheus put up a video of a portion of their set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYkT4ZyE5dI

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 12:20:12 PM »
Speaking of which, what happened to the Flowering Night concerts? I haven't heard news of a new one since that one I met you at in 2012.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 01:24:20 PM »
Speaking of which, what happened to the Flowering Night concerts? I haven't heard news of a new one since that one I met you at in 2012.
Yeah. These were great. Did something happen, or are they simply not annual anymore?

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

N-Forza

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 02:02:16 PM »
I asked Sound of Swing about it at Summer Comiket and they weren't sure either. It seemed pretty successful and all last year, but I dunno.

(and it turns out SOS will be performing with Swing Holic and Tokyo Active NEETs near Winter Comiket yesssssssssssss)

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 03:31:54 AM »
Ah geez, I'm so jealous of OP! Please tell me DiGiTAL WiNG played FROZEN WiNG--that song has so much potential to have an audience interact with.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 12:46:43 PM »
Well, coincidentally, it seems that they just announced Flowering Night 2013 today. But only the date and venue are out so far...

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 01:20:17 PM »
I asked Sound of Swing about it at Summer Comiket and they weren't sure either. It seemed pretty successful and all last year, but I dunno.

(and it turns out SOS will be performing with Swing Holic and Tokyo Active NEETs near Winter Comiket yesssssssssssss)
Well, coincidentally, it seems that they just announced Flowering Night 2013 today. But only the date and venue are out so far...
:getdown: :P :getdown: :P :getdown:

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16