Author Topic: Len'en Project by JynX? (First 3 games updated)  (Read 259069 times)

So in these games if you 1cc Unreal mode you unlock the game's Absurdly Extra Mode.

Have a video of Evanescent Existence's Absurdly Extra Mode.
If you don't mind, add replay files too for your videos, I like to watch them natively :)

Hm, so I was wrong about only three score-based lives. And it seems that there is one more life at 100m, so it'd be 5 lives for score, at 10, 20, 30, 50 and 100 millions.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 01:36:08 AM by Necrotek »
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Okay second game time.
Earthen Miraculous Sword - Unreal Mode TLB 1cc video.
TLB is pretty cool.

Replay
Can't guarantee that the TLB will show up or outright crash or if the whole replay even works. There seemed to be some weird voodoo going on with this run.

If you don't mind, add replay files too for your videos, I like to watch them natively :)
Added it to the post and the previous post.

Thanks. That's indeed weird that TLB was triggered (it was fine for me too when I tried your replay so it's definitely not the issue with your game). Did it happen before that you have similar amount of flower gauge and it wasn't triggered? Probably, there are differences in conditions for its activation which depend on chosen difficulty (I have never tried any other difficulty to play without cheating except of Easy) which is quite a possible case because you get less lives if you don't fill it completely, making Unreal version of the boss even more harder. I didn't test it much when I wrote about this spellcard in wiki just because of that annoying crash. So, there are two options, Unreal requires less of flower gauge (or maybe it's connected to something else, I don't know) or it was a bug which wouldn't surprise me if it's so (in addition to TLB crash, I often catch a game freeze between stages when the game loads data). I'll try to check replay running without ollydbg just to be sure that it wasn't caused by it, sometimes the game doesn't crash.

Anyway, it was cool to watch, penultimate attack of TLB is crazy on Unreal.

Upd: just tried running freshly extracted game without debugger and got last spellcard triggered. But still it was bugged, petals started to be added to lifebar before the screen faded to black to show "・・・力を示せ", giving 4 (not 3) lives and it was desyncronized so the player died on the first attack. Probably, some other attempt won't be bugged (I'll keep trying) but anyway, the game has a lot of bugs.

Upd2: the third clean run was successful, first two were bugged but didn't crash the game as it usually happens. Still a mystery if TLB was supposed to be triggered. Well, maybe at some point I'll find real conditions.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:19:51 PM by Necrotek »
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

Jaimers

Okay what the actual fuck.

The 10th spellcard is literally impossible to get past with the giant laser rotating super-fast and the bullets not clearing with a bomb.

Is it possible to graze something there to produce flash bombs in order to avoid laser?

Jaimers

Holy mother of bullshit.

Earthen Miraculous Sword - Absurdly Extra Mode Clear Video
Replay

I want to thank Necrotek for all his help with the second game, I don't think any of the replays would have been possible without his help.
I seriously can't thank you enough, so here's to you buddy! o/

I have no words, Jynx is insane. He didn't really bother to make ABEX playable, "It's 'Absurdly' difficulty, no one will be able to clean anyway so let's add more hazards!". And I thought that 8th and 10th spellcards were crazy, following ones are bombing festival. This stage is a good example of forbidden "creativity".

Still it's really impressive that you managed it, thank you a lot for your efforts in beating this madness! I want to see JynX's face if/when he sees your replays of his games, I doubt that there will be anyone else to clear them.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Still it's really impressive that you managed it, thank you a lot for your efforts in beating this madness! I want to see JynX's face if/when he sees your replays of his games

I miss Shmup gameplay videos with voice commentaries and face reactions :o
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Hello there, I downloaded this games last week, I really love them they are great and the music is really good (I already listen to it in my cel :p)

I have a problem, it appears that the game doesn't save neither my replays and scores :(, I keep unlocking the extra mode but when I close and re-open it all the things I've done are erased, did anyone have this problem too? =(

BTW sorry for my bad English :E

The most  probable case is that you're running the game from directory which is in read-only mode. Probably you extracted the game to some system folder where it is forbidden to change data (as option, move the folder it to the root of drive C or some other drive, or try to run the game in administration mode) or you're running directly from the archive (well, it's a silly guess but anyway that happens from time to time).

The most  probable case is that you're running the game from directory which is in read-only mode. Probably you extracted the game to some system folder where it is forbidden to change data (as option, move the folder it to the root of drive C or some other drive, or try to run the game in administration mode) or you're running directly from the archive (well, it's a silly guess but anyway that happens from time to time).
Oh thank you very much!! you were right

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Sorry for the necrobump but I think that this is the best place to say this.

It seems that Jynx released the third game from the Len'en Series.

Here is the author article about the game

And here is the download link

Fast download tutorial

[attach=1]

I didn't played it yet, when I play I'll come back to say what I thought about it. #hypeIntensifies

hehehehehe
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 12:54:02 AM by Kaze_Senshi »
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Sorry for the necrobump but I think that this is the best place to say this.

It seems that Jynx released the third game from the Len'en Series.

Here is the author article about the game

And here is the download link

Fast download tutorial

[attach=1]

I didn't played it yet, when I play I'll come back to say what I thought about it. #hypeIntensifies

hehehehehe

Ooooops I quoted myself insted of modifying the original post :x

EDIT: OMG this game is awesome, maybe the best one from the Len'en series. The third first stages aren't sooo hard like the second game. The fourth boss and the sixth stage are a good surprise and the spellcard patterns are awesome. Also it has beautiful song and backgrounds and nice new characters. 10/10, go play it now :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 02:10:29 AM by Kaze_Senshi »
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
I took a look, taking Normal Mode and Easy Extra Mode for a spin.

It's basically the same game as before, but with more polish.

*The visual effects and backgrounds are very good, except when they obscure the bullets.
*The music is actually pretty good.
*The switching mechanic is odd, but kind of interesting.  Being able to play as Yabusame and Tsubakura at the same time makes for a good shot type.
*The scoring system hasn't really changed at all.  It's still bombing for score, etc.  That said, you can get ample resources that way.
*JynX has a skewed idea of what the difficulty modes should be.  Easy Extra Mode is, for what it's worth, quite easy for the most part; some liberties were taken with the "Normal"cy of the main-game mode.
*The spell cards are for the most part not really dumb ideas.  JynX has good ideas but doesn't always execute them very well.
*The stage design is still godawful.
*The bosses look really fun.

Also, there were several aspects of the game that caught me off guard (in good ways).  The only thing I want to hint at is that the final boss is pretty terrifying.

Overall, it's not my dream game but I'd be willing to recommend giving it a try.

Jaimers

It seems like the characters have secret passive abilities or something.

Yabusame can pick up spirits in the front and goes after spirits on her own in the back.
Sukune makes spirits home in on her while in the back (seems really overpowered) and if she fills up the flashbomb gauge in the front she gets a screen clear.

Not sure what abilities the others have.

The back character can also pick up power and point items. Which is important to raise the other member's power gauge.

Also for the record I first thought the spirits were suicide bullets and I was dodging them fervently for like the first hour.
Was sorta disappointed when they turned out not to be.

EDIT:
Does the game have a TLB?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 12:42:37 PM by Jaimers »

As much as I can see - no. But there is an extra boss on Extra stage.

P.S. In case of replays, as before I'd appreciate posting replay files :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 01:01:06 PM by Necrotek »

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
EDIT:
If you're seeing what I'm seeing - the final card counts as five.

EDIT:  Playing Hard Mode.  I'm really not sure how some of these attacks were intended to be done.

Also, I'm quickly reminded of how much I loathe the black no-outline bullets.

More EDIT:  I'm kind of curious how you're supposed to beat the EX boss's last spell without abusing invulnerability frames.

Absurd Mode is pretty much what it says it is.  There are not nearly enough bombs ._.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 05:13:38 PM by ?q »

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot

I am pretty sure (since I have only watched videos) that the
Spoiler:
EX+α
boss is suppoed to be one, which I guess is tied to how much Soul points you have by the end of the Extra stage.

You said you wanted a 2hu TRUE NIGHT, so I guess this is close enough :v
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
So... wait. The final card for me on the final fight only said 5/8, so... wait. Are there three more hidden cards that depend on not losing any soul gauge or anything?
Also, speaking of, that final boss fight SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME when it started sapping my soul gauge. I had plenty to spare, but still, I haven't had a time limit based off of how well I was doing like that since Concealed the Conclusion. Geez...
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
So... wait. The final card for me on the final fight only said 5/8, so... wait. Are there three more hidden cards that depend on not losing any soul gauge or anything?
Also, speaking of, that final boss fight SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME when it started sapping my soul gauge. I had plenty to spare, but still, I haven't had a time limit based off of how well I was doing like that since Concealed the Conclusion. Geez...
It doesn't seem like it.  The final boss modifies her last attack pattern by adding more spell cards.  Also, whoever's editing the wiki seems to have a handle on the game rather nicely and doesn't show any unique cards, so etc.

Also and unlike CtC, that timer is kind of real.  I just barely lost a Hard Mode All Clear by running out of Soul.  (I'm not sure what the mechanic is, as I was able to finish the last spell - but I was really close at the end, basically spamming bombs.  Maybe if you hit 0 Soul the game just ends?)

Also, in the music room comments JynX seems to consider the Stage 6 boss a hidden TLB of sorts.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 08:53:43 PM by ?q »

No, last boss doesn't have spellcards after 5th one (at least in 1.00a). It's likely to be a miss by JynX (similar to 3rd boss who has six spellcards but counter shows only fine, unless it was done on purpose).

Btw, each team has three endings, where one seems to be considered as a bad one and two good ones (good endings are quite the same with slight difference in the text and extra lines in the middle). Not sure what determines which good ending is shown, probably it depends on the amount of souls by the end of battle.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 08:59:59 PM by Necrotek »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Ah, got it.
Also, I tried the Extra boss and made it to the next-to-last card on my first shot. Just... holy shit. I'm going to have to do MUCH better if I'm going to beat it AND unlock the TLB for Extra.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
No, last boss doesn't have spellcards after 5th one (at least in 1.00a). It's likely to be a miss by JynX (similar to 3rd boss who has six spellcards but counter shows only fine, unless it was done on purpose).

Btw, each team has three endings, where one seems to be considered as a bad one and two good ones (good endings are quite the same with slight difference in the text and extra lines in the middle). Not sure what determines which good ending is shown, probably it depends on the amount of souls by the end of battle.
I'm going to make an educated guess that since the end of the game is Stage 5, the good end is based on whether you complete Stage 6.

Talking of All Clear, you wanted a replay, so etc.  I'm going to try to get a run of Hard Mode that has fewer mistakes (mostly having to do with trying to use the wrong bomb) before trying to go for Unreality.  This is far more interesting than White Names Spoiled Past.

Also, I tried the Extra boss and made it to the next-to-last card on my first shot. Just... holy shit. I'm going to have to do MUCH better if I'm going to beat it AND unlock the TLB for Extra.
Have fun with the last spell! 
Spoiler:
Theoretically there IS space to dodge in the pattern, but...

[attach=1]
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 09:37:41 PM by ?q »

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
Also, in the music room comments JynX seems to consider the Stage 6 boss a hidden TLB of sorts.

Fumikado was originally supposed to be the Stage 6 boss, as the music room said, so I guess JynX had to improvise with saying Shion is like that.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Jaimers

Okay Unreal 1cc.

I guess stage 6 is impossible to lose with this team. I had 2200 spirit left lol.

Replay

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,

Okay Unreal 1cc.

I hate to ask, but are you planning to upload that replay to YT?
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Goodness, the Extra Boss' last spellcard and the hidden Extra Boss' first spellcard are both insane!  I've no idea on how to capture them, or at least get through without wasting 2ish lives!

EDIT:

Also regarding the passives, Shitodo's Passive is that she regenerates that flashbomb gauge passively.   Saragimaru's passive is, as far as I can tell, having a flash bomb that injures enemies.   Also, whenever they fill a spirit gauge layer their flash bomb meter increases VERY quickly.  To the point you can drop two or even three flash bombs one after the other and still end it with a full gauge.

It seems that Sukune and Yaorochi's spirit gauge layer passive is having both them shooting at once.  No clue about Yabusame's team's, but I think it has to do with autobombing. 

Anyone knows Tsubakura's secret passive?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 01:11:30 AM by Linnah »

Jaimers

I hate to ask, but are you planning to upload that replay to YT?

Perhaps. We'll see. It's kind of a very rough 1cc.

Also Absurdly Extra is impossible as far as I can tell.

A pretty impressive replay, just like all your playthroughs Jaimers!

Do you happen to know any way to skip stages/fast forward when watching replays?  I wanna get to the later stages!

Doesn't seem to be one. Checking manual.txt, the only "acceleration" you can have is dialogue fast-forward by using X (the one for bombing). Not sure if it works for replays.