Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 4  (Read 53784 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 4
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2013, 08:40:27 AM »
>"18."

>"I'm 17." Rin answers.
>"Same here." Lily adds.
>Your homeroom teacher lets out a long, quiet breath, and her eyes close. She seems just a little sad.

« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2013, 08:55:15 AM »
>"This is a responsibility we chose of our own free will. You needn't feel bad for the circumstances it draws us to."

« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2013, 06:56:31 AM »
>"This is a responsibility we chose of our own free will. You needn't feel bad for the circumstances it draws us to."

>"You're young enough to be my students." the tall teacher breathes. "I wish you weren't so young. Although..."
>Keine opens her eyes, and you're surprised to see a hopeful light in her brown eyes. "To be perfectly honest, the fact that you are so young gives me a sense of hope, and even security. Want to know why?"

« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2013, 07:01:21 AM »
>"Why?"

« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2013, 08:10:04 AM »
>"Why?"

>"I'm slightly curious myself, Keine." Kaguya admits.
>"You'll understand after I've said it, Kaguya. I think you'd get it right away, but you're still worried about me." The raven haired teacher makes a strangled sound, then falls silent, looking like a woman who's just been got the better of.

>"You see, girls, I'm a history here." Keine starts, walking slowly in your direction. "I'm fairly well versed in most subjects, but history is my specialty. So I know just how important youth is in times of conflict. I don't know these demons like you do, but I have a feeling this is a conflict that goes beyond me and this school. But many of the figures who now stand prominent in history made their names when they were your age, or barely older. Including during such times as the Lunarian wars. Without the energy, the vigor, and the determination of men and women your age and younger, we would never have won. And the Moon would rule Earth to this day."
>Keine stops to stand in front of you, and she smiles upon you. "It's a common failing amongst adults to underestimate people your age. But I learned quite a few years ago that you young people are stronger than we adults might think, and pretty often too. You have a fire and an imagination that so often gets lost as the years wear on. I sympathize for you, but I don't pity you, Magical Lotus. You've already shown you, all of you, have the will to fight, and the strength to win."
>"However...." Keine's smile becomes just a little wistful, as she places her hand on your shoulder. She has a firm grip, but a warm hand. "As an adult. As a teacher. As... Well, as myself, I can't help but wish I could help you somehow. That I could fight instead of you, or at least with you."

>Her words make your ring pulse on your finger. Unlike other reactions, however, this one draws a reaction from Keine as well. The light you see within her begins to course faster through her body, and changes color as well, creating rivers of white, blue and green light.

« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2013, 08:14:45 AM »
>Is this a visible reaction, or still something we are still simply sensing with our supernatural senses??
>Do any of the others seem aware of it also? Keine herself?

« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2013, 08:16:45 AM »
>Is this a visible reaction, or still something we are still simply sensing with our supernatural senses??
>Do any of the others seem aware of it also? Keine herself?

>It is visible to your othersight, but given the lack of reaction from Kaguya, it doesn't appear to be visible to those without that particular sense.
>Neither Lily nor Rin show any signs of reaction to the change in lights, and Keine appears to be equally unaware.

« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2013, 01:47:19 AM »
>"Hold strong to that conviction. It is that will to protect the people we hold dear that is our greatest source of strength against the powers which threaten this world. You might even be surprised at just how much effect such conviction can have."

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2013, 08:17:19 AM »
>"Hold strong to that conviction. It is that will to protect the people we hold dear that is our greatest source of strength against the powers which threaten this world. You might even be surprised at just how much effect such conviction can have."

>The beautiful teacher with the blue-white hair gives you a look that is one of pride, but also a questioning gaze. A moment passes between you as she holds your eyes, then she snorts out a chuckle, and pats your shoulder. "Strong words, Lotus." she compliments.
>"Well I, for one, believe you've done quite enough fighting." Kaguya tells her. "For one day, at least."
>Keine lets out a breath and releases your shoulder. "Yes, yes. You're probably right." She starts to turn back towards her fellow teacher, but adds, "Of course, tomorrow is another day."

« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2013, 08:21:02 AM »
>Smile
>"It is indeed. Be well; we will be in touch."

« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2013, 09:12:42 AM »
>Smile
>"It is indeed. Be well; we will be in touch."

>"I look forward to it, young hero." Keine answers.

>"Isn't this one of your slower nine-elevens?" Keine asks Kaguya as she walks back to the blue automobile.
>"It's still a nine-eleven." Kaguya replies tartly, sounding a little insulted.
>"Still, I would have thought you'd take one of your two-seaters." the history professor retorts, a faint smile on her lips as she climbs into the car. You get the distinct impression Keine is teasing the seemingly unflappable Kaguya.
>Who, as it turns out, is at least slightly flappable. "I was in a hurry." she says shortly.

>She sure seems ta be back to normal. Rin drawls telepathically as Kaguya defends the speed of her chosen car.

« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2013, 09:28:30 AM »
>Indeed, and I am very glad to see it.

>Now let's head back to some discrete place to drop our transformations, then head back to our apartment

« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2013, 05:00:54 AM »
>Indeed, and I am very glad to see it.

>Now let's head back to some discrete place to drop our transformations, then head back to our apartment

>The three of you wait until Kaguya and Keine have driven out of the parking lot- teaching you that a Porsche 911 doesn't make a very good noise- before retreating to just inside the school wall once more. After Lily and Rin confirm the lack of anyone within sight or sound, the three of you return once more to your normal forms.
>Feeling no pressing need to make your presence known to those out in front of the school, as you have other matters to attend to, you take your fellow magical girls the long way around back towards your apartment. Lily hardly minds, as now that the crisis is over, she immediately turns her attention to Rin. The energetic blonde hadn't had the opportunity to welcome Rin into the fold before, and now she does. Your Rin once again wears that expression of something between bafflement and happiness as Lily barrages her with smiles and her own special brand of energy. It's honestly amusing to watch, but it also brings a contented smile to your face. Lily's effervescence could easily be a bit overwhelming, in your judgement, to someone who isn't used to this kind of interaction. The kasha, however, never really looks or feels uncomfortable in the presence of Lily, nor does she ever look your way for support or reassurance. The one time she does look at you, it is only as if to say, 'Peppy, ain't she?'. You have no trouble agreeing with that.

>As the Moonside Apartments come into view, once you turn back onto the main street, you spy a pair of vehicles parked outside on the apartments, one on the curb, one inside the grounds gate. The latter is a jet black Corvette, which you recognize only because the Corvette is Marissa's dream car, and she's gone on about more times than you'd care to remember. The other is a big red and white Mercedes-Benz, which you recognize because it belongs to your landlord, Reimu.
>"Ain't that Reimu's car?" Rin asks.

« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2013, 05:22:09 AM »
>Nod
>"It does appear to be."

>Continue our approach

« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2013, 06:27:39 AM »
>Nod
>"It does appear to be."

>Continue our approach

>"Ohh, wonder what she wants?" Lily wonders, fluttering along.
>"She IS the landlord of dis place." Rin informs her.
>"Oh yeah. Guess I forgot." the blonde answers, sticking her tongue out.

>You find the door to the unrented apartment slightly ajar, and you can hear the sounds of a woman singing within. The door to Minoriko's room is also ever so slightly ajar. There are no people to be seen outside, however.

« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2013, 06:32:45 AM »
>Curiosity or no, we do have work to do; continue back to our apartment

« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2013, 09:40:05 AM »
>Curiosity or no, we do have work to do; continue back to our apartment

>Time enough to ask about Reimu & company later. You've got other business to attend to.
>Leaving your landlord and your neighbors to their business, you take Lily and Rin up to your room.
>The winged blonde emits a happy little squeak as you unlock your door. Then she frowns in thought. "Should I have brought a gift?"

« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2013, 10:54:43 AM »
>"A gift?"

« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2013, 03:14:30 AM »
>"A gift?"

>"Mama told me that people in her day used to bring a gift to your friends' house the first time you visit, like a cake or cookies, or something nice and tasty."
>That clicks in your mind. It's an old tradition, that, mostly disused in this day and age. It crops up in manga and anime now and then, usually to establish a character has having a rather old-fashioned background or habits.

« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2013, 05:41:53 AM »
>Chuckle lightly
>"Oh, I wouldn't worry about that - but thanks for the thought."
>Enter!

« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2013, 01:36:13 AM »
>Chuckle lightly
>"Oh, I wouldn't worry about that - but thanks for the thought."
>Enter!

>Swinging your apartment door open, you admit Rin and Lily. The kasha enters straight away, but Lily pauses to bow at the open door and greet you home formally, intoning. "Your hospitality honors me." Straightening up, she smiles as she crosses your threshold. "Mama taught me that, too."

« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2013, 06:27:46 AM »
>Smile warmly and nod, then gesture towards somewhere she could make herself comfortable
>"Please, make yourself at home."
>Then let's go dig up the vial to the keystone

« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2013, 07:59:56 AM »
>Smile warmly and nod, then gesture towards somewhere she could make herself comfortable
>"Please, make yourself at home."
>Then let's go dig up the vial to the keystone

>Lily walks into your apartment normally, then takes to wing almost as soon as she's inside, fluttering her way into the main room of your pad. Rin chuckles as she closes and locks the door behind her.
>"Hmm?" Lily asks your kasha as she stops and hovers. You take the time to head towards your room.
>"Oh, it's... Well, ya kinda reminded me of a fairy, the way ya sorta fly around everywhere. Uh, not that I mean that in a bad way, I mean..."
>Lily beams at her. "What bad way? Fairys are cute!"

>Lily continues to extoll the virtues of fairys and their adorableness while you search your room for the little sampler bottle of perfume. It takes you about a minute to track the little vial down, next to a large perfume bottle. One that had to have been left behind by Marissa one of the last times she was here, as it is labeled 'Eau de Banjo', which only she would have.

« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2013, 08:12:20 AM »
>Empty out the vial, then rinse it and fill it with water
>Then drop a couple grains of salt in - not too much
>Do we actually understand what the process of creating this keystone is, once we have a suitable physical object for it to be?

« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2013, 08:47:26 AM »
>Empty out the vial, then rinse it and fill it with water
>Then drop a couple grains of salt in - not too much
>Do we actually understand what the process of creating this keystone is, once we have a suitable physical object for it to be?

>Taking the bottle out to the kitchen sink, you find Rin has already taken down the salt container for you to use. Thoughtful kasha. Pulling the lid off allows the thin vapors of fruity-smelling air to escape into the atmosphere, and you generously rinse the container out.
>"I'm sorry ta have to ask," Rin says to Lily, "But.... Well, you're not, are you?"
>"Not what?"
>"A fairy."
>"Oh! No, I'm not." Lily says with a shake of her head, her blonde hair swaying as you measure out the salt you think you'll need. "It'd be kinda cool if I was, though, all short and cute and full of neverrunoutofenergy-ness."

>You will need to imbue the touchstone with your energy, linking it to the power connecting you to the Oubliette where the Champion of Water lies imprisoned. It will serve as an anchor to this world, linking your power to something solid, something physical, which you can then use to pull yourself back into the physical once your business with Water is concluded.
>Likewise, the others will have to attune their Light energy to this object as well. For Lily, this should be no problem, for she participated in the creation of the spell which holds Water. Rin, however, was not present at the time, and though she shares your power, she may not have that automatic connection to Water's jail.

« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2013, 09:08:41 AM »
>"I fear you're not making a terribly convincing argument for not already being already one, Lily."

>If Rin lacks this connection on her own, would it not be possible for her to connect to it through us?

« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2013, 10:48:51 AM »
>"I fear you're not making a terribly convincing argument for not already being already one, Lily."

>If Rin lacks this connection on her own, would it not be possible for her to connect to it through us?

>Lily giggles as she flaps her wings. "Aw, thanks!" The blonde then spreads her wings out and holds them. As much as she can, of course, since she doesn't want knock anything around, and she has a generous figure. And wingspan. "I think I like my feathers too much, though. Fairies have cute wings, but Lily loves her feathers."

>It certainly seems possible. Reaching the connection between you and the Oubliette wasn't difficult, and considering the strength of Rin's power you sensed, and its similarity to you, it shouldn't be hard to bring her along for the ride, if need be.

« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2013, 12:53:55 PM »
>Finish preparing the vial
>Are there any conveniently secluded places nearby? Assuming the magic involved in making this and entering/exiting might be noticeable to neighbours and beg explanation.

« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2013, 04:33:34 AM »
>Finish preparing the vial
>Are there any conveniently secluded places nearby? Assuming the magic involved in making this and entering/exiting might be noticeable to neighbours and beg explanation.

>After swirling the water in the vial to mix well with the salt, you screw the top back on.
>The closest place that's a bit out of the way would be Nitori's shed. Assuming she's not in there, but considering you didn't hear her when you were on your way in, she probably isn't there at the moment.

« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2013, 08:04:13 AM »
>How out of the way is the shed? It's still right on the property, isn't it?
>Is there something just a little further away than that?