Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 4  (Read 53783 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 4
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2013, 01:12:12 AM »
>How do you mean?

>Lily shrugs her shoulders and wings. Iuno. Just a thought.

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2013, 03:00:14 AM »
>"I'm afraid that might be somewhat complicated. Our presence in this city is only recent and we don't yet have a number we can be reliably reached at. But I will make a point to contact you when we do."

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2013, 03:20:24 AM »
>"I'm afraid that might be somewhat complicated. Our presence in this city is only recent and we don't yet have a number we can be reliably reached at. But I will make a point to contact you when we do."

>Keine nods, but then Kaguya pipes up, "I believe I can help in that area. Assuming your power doesn't interact badly with other forms of power."
>"What do you mean?" Rin asks.
>"It isn't unheard of for a practitioner of one type of magic to be unable to use an item or a power couched in another source of power. And your power, ladies, is strange to me."

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2013, 03:30:10 AM »
>"I do not know for certain of any such limitation, though I admit I have limited experience in that area. What did you have in mind?"

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2013, 04:35:52 AM »
>"I do not know for certain of any such limitation, though I admit I have limited experience in that area. What did you have in mind?"

>Kaguya steps around her car and reaches into her red robe, producing a curious looking wood branch.
>"A stick?" Lily asks, fluttering up into the air.
>The raven haired woman gives her a tolerant look. "This is as much a stick as you are a dove, Lily. Observe." She holds the stick up in front of her, and you feel a surge of power from the piece of wood. Jewel-like objects begin to grow from three ends of the stick. "This is one of my most prized possessions." Kaguya informs you. "And a very versatile tool. It can generate gems of many kinds, including ones that should allow long distance communication."

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2013, 04:40:57 AM »
>"Interesting."
>Observe the 'stick'

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2013, 04:54:07 AM »
>"Interesting."
>Observe the 'stick'

>"These jewels actually act as a locater when activated." Kaguya explains on as the three jewels, one red, one yellow and one green, continue to expand. "Just focus your will on the jewel, and it will connect with the others of its kind. You'll be able to speak to another one, or all of the others, for a short time. And the jewel will informs its kind where it is, in case of trouble, or if a meeting is needed." She looks between you and your friends. "Will one gem be sufficient for you three, or shall I produce one for each of you?"

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2013, 04:58:52 AM »
>"They can be used as locators for one another? How specific a position can they give?"

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2013, 05:02:14 AM »
>"They can be used as locators for one another? How specific a position can they give?"

>"That depends on the situation, Magical Lotus. Depending on the will of the person, it can offer a general location, or a location more specific than any GPS."
>"Those are the jewels that were designed with emergencies in mind, as I recall." Keine ponders.
>Kaguya nods. "I've refined them a bit since I last had cause to use them, made them more versatile."

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2013, 05:04:52 AM »
>"Oh, so the position of a jewel is only broadcast as a deliberate act upon the part of its carrier?"
>Since it would be rather bad to be passively announcing where we live to the two of them if we actually wanted to remain incognito

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2013, 05:08:54 AM »
>"Oh, so the position of a jewel is only broadcast as a deliberate act upon the part of its carrier?"
>Since it would be rather bad to be passively announcing where we live to the two of them if we actually wanted to remain incognito

>"Precisely." Kaguya confirms. "Think of it as a 'call for help', if you will."
>Quite bad indeed.

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2013, 05:10:19 AM »
>"Ah, I see."
>Let's hope that's true
>"In any case, I think one will be sufficient."

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2013, 05:26:43 AM »
>"Ah, I see."
>Let's hope that's true
>"In any case, I think one will be sufficient."

>Kaguya nods, "Very well. Hold out your hand, please."

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2013, 05:28:39 AM »
>Hold out our hand

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2013, 05:31:48 AM »
>Hold out our hand

>Kaguya extends the branch out and holds it over your hand. The yellow gem, now the size of a walnut, detaches from the branch and drops into your hand.
>"The jewel should persist for nine days, assuming you don't have cause to use it before that."

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2013, 05:33:14 AM »
>"Oh, are they consumed upon usage?"

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2013, 05:38:35 AM »
>"Oh, are they consumed upon usage?"

>"Not automatically." Kaguya informs you as she deposits the green gem in Keine's hand. "But their power is limited. Once you use the locator function, it will dissolve. Apart from that, they provide up to ten minutes of communication."

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2013, 05:41:34 AM »
>"Will a signal only be received if the jewel is on the recipient's person at the time?"
>Incidentally, if we're in the parking lot, does Asara-sensei's car seem to be gone?

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2013, 05:56:22 AM »
>"Will a signal only be received if the jewel is on the recipient's person at the time?"
>Incidentally, if we're in the parking lot, does Asara-sensei's car seem to be gone?

>Kaguya nods an affirmative. "And if you try to contact someone who does not have their gem on their person, your own gem will inform you of that fact."
>Negative. In fact, she herself is still asleep at her wheel, now that you look. It appears that Kiku has yet to wake her.

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2013, 06:03:06 AM »
>"Very good; thank you."
>Pocket the jewel.

>"I will still try to get you a phone number, once I have one to give."

« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2013, 06:27:53 AM »
>"Very good; thank you."
>Pocket the jewel.

>"I will still try to get you a phone number, once I have one to give."

>You acquire: Hourai Communication Jewel

>Kaguya smiles and nods. "As you wish."

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2013, 07:00:52 AM »
>"Incidentally, I would like to request confirmation of one other thing."
>Point to Asara-sensei's car
>"The woman sleeping in the car over there - was that your doing?"

« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2013, 07:07:54 AM »
>"Incidentally, I would like to request confirmation of one other thing."
>Point to Asara-sensei's car
>"The woman sleeping in the car over there - was that your doing?"

>Keine looks in that direction as well. "Kaguya?"
>"It was." the classics teacher replies.

« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2013, 07:13:23 AM »
>"The feel of the magic was similar to what you used earlier, but I just wanted to make sure. Given the weight of the events that transpired here today, I would rather be able to account for the sources of all the magic which took place, if I can. Particularly given that the ultimate culprit for Keine's affliction remains unconfirmed; the actions of some unknown party might raise questions."

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2013, 07:50:32 AM »
>"The feel of the magic was similar to what you used earlier, but I just wanted to make sure. Given the weight of the events that transpired here today, I would rather be able to account for the sources of all the magic which took place, if I can. Particularly given that the ultimate culprit for Keine's affliction remains unconfirmed; the actions of some unknown party might raise questions."

>"Accounting for the events of an event such as this is only natural." Kaguya says with approval. "If you'll pardon the use of an old cliche, knowledge is power."
>"Why'd ya do it?" Rin asks the classics teacher.
>"I wanted her safely out of the way." Kaguya said with a faint shrug. "This seemed the best way to accomplish that. And if you were concerned, you needn't be. She'll be perfectly fine."

« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2013, 07:56:58 AM »
>"I trust in that."
>"I suppose that's everything for the moment, then?"

« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2013, 04:46:09 AM »
>"I trust in that."
>"I suppose that's everything for the moment, then?"

>"I would like to ask you one last thing." Keine says.

« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2013, 04:48:15 AM »
>"Yes?"

« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2013, 04:49:00 AM »
>"Yes?"

>Keine gives you a curious look. "How old are you all?"

« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2013, 07:03:04 AM »
>"18."