Author Topic: Reimu Quest  (Read 67339 times)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: Reimu Quest
« Reply #330 on: August 18, 2013, 01:16:40 PM »
>Drop Yoshika on the boat. Any clue if she'll wake up soon?

>"Anything else need done around here? I need to go check up on the underground."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #331 on: August 18, 2013, 03:13:03 PM »
>Drop Yoshika on the boat. Any clue if she'll wake up soon?

>"Anything else need done around here? I need to go check up on the underground."

> You land on the boat and drop Yoshika unceremoniously to the ground.  This gets you quite a few stares from the many people on the deck.  Mokou climbs up the side of the ship and lands on deck shortly after, and immediately starts wringing out her hair over the side of the ship.  A few people approach her, most notably a distraught-looking older woman, but she just gestures to Yoshika on the ground. 
> The vast majority here is human, but you do see some of Myouren's youkai on the other side of the deck, too.  The hooded one--accompanied by her cloud companion as usual--is wearing a modest one piece swimsuit and talking earnestly to the ghost girl you identify as Murasa.  She's leaning on the deck resting her head on her arms.  A short girl with mouse ears emerges from below the deck--Nazrin, you think--holding her dowsing rods like swords, but when she sees Yoshika, she stops dead in her tracks.
> "You just went ahead without me, huh?" she scowls.  Mokou flips her hair over her shoulder.
> "Yeah.  You don't have to get wet now."  Nazrin does a fist-pump and runs off to join the other Myouren youkai.
> Then she turns to you.  "Keine probably wants to talk to you."

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #332 on: August 18, 2013, 03:17:17 PM »
>"Keine? Where is she?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #333 on: August 18, 2013, 03:23:22 PM »
>"Keine? Where is she?"

> "The bow...I think."  Mokou shrugs and kneels down next to Yoshika.  The people who approached her earlier have since left her alone.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #334 on: August 18, 2013, 03:27:31 PM »
>Go talk to the werecow.

>Do a quick headcount. Roughly how many people in the human village are unaccounted for?

« Reply #335 on: August 18, 2013, 03:30:41 PM »
> Sternly bow to where Sanae made a star in the boards when the ship refused to return to port.
> Toss a thanks at Mokou before tracking down the teacher.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #336 on: August 18, 2013, 03:53:40 PM »
>Go talk to the werecow.

>Do a quick headcount. Roughly how many people in the human village are unaccounted for?

> Sternly bow to where Sanae made a star in the boards when the ship refused to return to port.
> Toss a thanks at Mokou before tracking down the teacher.

> You thank Mokou, who gives you a short wave, and head off to the bow.
> Bless our viridian angel and messiah, may her sacrifice never be in vain.
> You do a headcount and find roughly 50 people up on deck, minus the youkai.  The odds of there being people below deck are all but certain, so there's no telling how many people have gone missing, or worse.
> You run into Keine on the stairs of the bow, where she is sitting with her head on her knees and her glorious hat sitting next to her.
> Keine looks up, and for a moment she looks absolutely defeated, but when she sees that it's you, she practically leaps to her feet.
> "Reimu!  Where's Akyuu?!"  For all it's worth, she looks like she's ready to go full hakutaku on the spot.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #337 on: August 18, 2013, 03:55:00 PM »
>"Suika brought her up to the shrine last night, nothing to worry about there. How are things here?"

« Reply #338 on: August 18, 2013, 04:01:52 PM »
> "Don't have a cow, man."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #339 on: August 18, 2013, 04:02:19 PM »
>"Suika brought her up to the shrine last night, nothing to worry about there. How are things here?"

> Keine sinks back onto the stairs, heaving a sigh of relief.  "Oh, thank god..."
> "We're trying to take control of the situation.  Last night was absolute hell, so our current situation is an improvement.  I don't know if you would have wanted to be there."
> She rubs her temples.

> "Don't have a cow, man."

> Keine headbutts you for the awful pun.

> _

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #340 on: August 18, 2013, 04:04:38 PM »
>"Are there any other villagers still missing? And have you heard anything about how the rest of Gensokyo is holding up?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #341 on: August 18, 2013, 04:08:17 PM »
>"Are there any other villagers still missing? And have you heard anything about how the rest of Gensokyo is holding up?"

> "Yes and no.  We've only just started searching for people."

> _

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #342 on: August 18, 2013, 04:18:41 PM »
>"On a scale of bad to catastrophic, what are we looking at? Any way I can help out?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #343 on: August 18, 2013, 04:25:55 PM »
>"On a scale of bad to catastrophic, what are we looking at? Any way I can help out?"

> "The latter, considering what we have to look forward to.  We won't be able to return to the village until the water is gone, and, well...there aren't very many guaranteed safe spots for humans here, so if you come across somewhere to dock and set up camp, I'd be in your debt.  Myouren won't be able to support all of us forever."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #344 on: August 18, 2013, 04:28:43 PM »
>Ponder our geography, given what we've seen of the flooding, does it look like there is any easy place for them to dock?
>"Bet Murasa's about as happy as can be, though."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #345 on: August 18, 2013, 04:55:22 PM »
>Ponder our geography, given what we've seen of the flooding, does it look like there is any easy place for them to dock?
>"Bet Murasa's about as happy as can be, though."

> You'd have to find somewhere with little cover for opportunistic youkai to hide in, but obviously high enough to be untouched by the water.
> "Oh, she sure is," Keine says.  "She keeps saying how much it reminds her of the ocean."

> _

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #346 on: August 18, 2013, 05:00:35 PM »
>"Oh and your daughter Tokiko and your husband Rinnosuke are doing fine."
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #347 on: August 18, 2013, 05:36:37 PM »
>"Oh and your daughter Tokiko and your husband Rinnosuke are doing fine."

> "Oh, really?  That's good."  Keine smiles.  "Their rickety little shop looks like anything could knock it over, you know."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #348 on: August 18, 2013, 05:56:40 PM »
>"They are about ankle deep, though. So, want me to hang around and help look for people?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #349 on: August 18, 2013, 05:59:57 PM »
>"They are about ankle deep, though. So, want me to hang around and help look for people?"

> "I think we have enough hands right now.  What I do want you to do though," Keine says, "is to find out what's causing this."

> _

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #350 on: August 18, 2013, 06:04:53 PM »
>"Don't worry, that was the plan."

>Check out the state of the underground. If we can afford to leave it for a while we can get more in the way of preparations, but Satori might need our help real fast :<

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #351 on: August 18, 2013, 06:12:11 PM »
>See if we can scout out a good place for the Palaquin Ship to moor on the way.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #352 on: August 18, 2013, 06:15:03 PM »
>"Don't worry, that was the plan."

>Check out the state of the underground. If we can afford to leave it for a while we can get more in the way of preparations, but Satori might need our help real fast :<

> "I leave that up to you, then."
> You start to get increasingly worried about the Underground, and consider checking it out next.  However, you won't know how everyone down there is doing while you're on this boat.

>See if we can scout out a good place for the Palaquin Ship to moor on the way.

> You start to fly off towards the ship with the intent of going to the Underground and looking for a docking area, but Mokou interrupts you with her shouting.
> "Hey, red-white!  D'you have a spare ofuda?"

> _

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #353 on: August 18, 2013, 06:17:13 PM »
>"Yeah, what for? Does Yoshika need a replacement?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #354 on: August 18, 2013, 06:20:18 PM »
>"Yeah, what for? Does Yoshika need a replacement?"

> "Yeah!"

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #355 on: August 18, 2013, 06:21:53 PM »
>"Just give her some last rites and bury her like she should have been, geez."

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #356 on: August 18, 2013, 06:23:20 PM »
>How simple is the process of replacing the ofuda on a jiang shi? If it's anything more complex than 'remove old, insert new' it's probably a good idea to go down there and do it ourselves.

>...Actually, CAN we do it ourselves? I'm assuming the whole Jiang-Shi thing is a Taoist ritual, and well outside of our experience. And does helping to re-revive the dead go against our shrine-maiden duties?

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #357 on: August 18, 2013, 06:42:07 PM »
?Taoist
?the person with a yin-yang on her chest
>Speaking of which, we might want to get that swemsuit before we go underground.
>Also speaking of which, how much do we know about Taoism, given our yinyangness?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #358 on: August 18, 2013, 06:45:10 PM »
>"Just give her some last rites and bury her like she should have been, geez."

> Mokou makes a face like she's stepped in something gross.  "I'm gonna be doing enough of that anyway."

>How simple is the process of replacing the ofuda on a jiang shi? If it's anything more complex than 'remove old, insert new' it's probably a good idea to go down there and do it ourselves.

>...Actually, CAN we do it ourselves? I'm assuming the whole Jiang-Shi thing is a Taoist ritual, and well outside of our experience. And does helping to re-revive the dead go against our shrine-maiden duties?

> You've seen Yoshika's ofuda before, when it was whole, and there were some pretty complicated runes written on there.  That's outside your field of knowledge, unfortunately, and most likely the work of necromancy.
> You've never read anything explicitly stating that it's forbidden to revive the dead, but from your experience, leaving them unsupervised is generally a bad idea.

?Taoist
?the person with a yin-yang on her chest
>Speaking of which, we might want to get that swemsuit before we go underground.
>Also speaking of which, how much do we know about Taoism, given our yinyangness?

> Your ultimate weapon is a yin-yang orb.  There's no point even trying to argue about that.
> You make a note to stop by Kourindou again and see how the swimsuit is coming along.
> You know the basics of Taoism.  Enough to get a smile out of that Mononobe girl, at least.

> _

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #359 on: August 18, 2013, 06:47:26 PM »
>"Uh...I don't think I know enough about necromancy to replace it properly. Should I look out for her master, though?"