Author Topic: Xbox 180: Now with DRM Backpedaling  (Read 29674 times)

MatsuriSakuragi

Re: Xbox 180: Now with DRM Backpedaling
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2013, 06:53:33 PM »
See, I actually LIKED the positive changes! The more games that can be shared, the better! But don't fucking lock them down so you can't get rid of them, either. There's nothing I hate more than to be chained to something I no longer want.

My question is 'why not keep the positive changes, and get rid of the stuff the consumers quite obviously loathed'?

« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2013, 07:20:52 PM »
The game sharing was a 15 minute - hour demo after which the person would be prompted whether you'd want to buy it or not.

So nothing that was worth actually having.

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2013, 10:27:25 AM »
Microsoft's really at fault here. E3 was the time to announce why Xbox One should be the better game console. Sure, okay the "Vision of XBox One's DRM policies" looks promising, but seriously...are they? They NEVER did once announce anything of the sort, let alone even say something related to it. Okay sure, let's say that I'm gonna troll people with a DRM policy that I was going to implement, but of course, before babbling, I would first consider the positive sides of this, and TELL them to the general public. But no, they didn't even announce anything that they will be "Steam-Like".

But then again, will this ever be a thing? Steam games and sales are cheap for one of the very sole reasons. They're NOT physical copies. They're digital, and of course they don't actually need to be "produced" and "published", since they don't even have region-locking. Physical games on the PC aren't actually cheap, rather they BECOME cheap overtime, and this has been happening for years now, which is the same also for consoles. It's nearly impossible to have cheaper new games on retail for various reasons, like jailbreaking, piracy, hacking, and so on. A lot of people buying consoles also want physical copies more than digital ones, since they know it has more value than the latter. Even if the Xbox One still has it's original features, I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to hack it and became successful.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 10:29:19 AM by En »

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

AnonymousPondScum

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2013, 07:32:12 PM »
Japan is a 'Tier 2 country' and will not be receiving the XBoxOne this year.

JAPAN.

Dear lord Microsoft are complete and utter MORONS.

And they specifically asked the media to not report on this 'negatively'. Because, you know, Japan wouldn't be happy at being called a 'Tier 2 country'

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2013, 08:28:43 PM »
The Xbox 360 didn't sell well in Japan anyway
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2013, 09:05:01 PM »
It still sold.

And calling Japan '2nd Tier' when it comes to selling a technology product is outright stupid still.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #157 on: July 03, 2013, 11:46:47 PM »
It still sold.

And calling Japan '2nd Tier' when it comes to selling a technology product is outright stupid still.
This.

Besides, im@s, Child of Eden, and Cave shooters were the only games worth buying at all, everything else was blegh. Well, maybe sans Bioshock and Dead Island. Maaaaybe.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #158 on: July 04, 2013, 12:00:45 AM »
im@s was the sole reason it survived. Don't try to deny it. Also, im@s3 XBone exclusive = instant Japan win

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #159 on: July 04, 2013, 12:02:48 AM »
Barely survived. When Im@s ported to Sony, it sold like hotcakes. Sony might be a better choice for the producer.

Japanese don't like to rely on inferior American technology.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

astroninja1

• Ocarina Lunatic
Re: Xbox One
« Reply #160 on: July 04, 2013, 01:17:31 AM »
No region restrictions for sharing games. The 21 country region restrictions and lock for the XBoxOne itself will still be there. You still can't buy or use an XBoxOne in over half the freaking EU. It means someone in Japan can share a game with someone in the PAL regions, which usually can't be done. [Japanese copies usually don't run on say, EU consoles]

actually, unless its changed, japan wasnt even one of the 21 countries, nor was china, korea or  any other asian country.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #161 on: July 04, 2013, 01:24:37 AM »
I'm sorry, did you say Japan? Which state is that?
I don't think I'd get any of the XBox features in Canada either.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #162 on: July 04, 2013, 04:21:32 AM »
Uh, guys, Dark Souls was on 360 as well, you know.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #163 on: July 04, 2013, 02:36:04 PM »
Uh, guys, Dark Souls was on 360 as well, you know.
And PS3. And later PC.
What's your point?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #164 on: July 04, 2013, 02:52:00 PM »
im@s was the sole reason it survived. Don't try to deny it. Also, im@s3 XBone exclusive = instant Japan win

FPSes and other similar games actually have a small cult following in Japan. It's nothing compared to im@s, but don't say it's the sole reason it survived.

EDIT: Just to cite some examples, the Gears of War series is actually pretty well-liked there by a niche. CoD4MW got surprisingly decent reviews, and the PC stuff we enjoy like Orange Box also seems to be played on the Xbox360. Should note also that VNs that weren't released on PS3, or handhelds were also purchased...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 02:58:38 PM by Hokuto.AZK »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #165 on: July 05, 2013, 01:41:34 AM »
And PS3. And later PC.
What's your point?

Was basically saying that the 360 had its niches in Japan.

(That much said, I imagine most people in Japan will be playing Dark Souls II on a PS4.)

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #166 on: July 05, 2013, 01:30:01 PM »
Was basically saying that the 360 had its niches in Japan.

(That much said, I imagine most people in Japan will be playing Dark Souls II on a PS4.)
Well, if Japan ppl wants western games on their consoles. We want JP games on ours...srzly, in here western-based games are so abundant that it's cheap overtime, plus you can find them almost anywhere, any day. Unlike JP games, they're so rare it'll take you months.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Drake

« Reply #167 on: July 05, 2013, 09:34:57 PM »
Well, if Japan ppl wants western games on their consoles. We want JP games on ours...srzly, in here western-based games are so abundant that it's cheap overtime, plus you can find them almost anywhere, any day. Unlike JP games, they're so rare it'll take you months.
wat

are you joking

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #168 on: July 06, 2013, 05:10:38 AM »
What is games are still $60 and amiami?