Author Topic: Video Game Rage Thread  (Read 142731 times)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
Re: Video Game Rage Thread
« Reply #570 on: June 25, 2013, 07:22:59 AM »
Premature Evacuation. It's annoying enough that Kerrigan can't get any upgrades, but taking down the enemy structures with solely Zerglings and Swarm Queens is possibly the most annoying thing ever. Also consider I'm on a time limit, Hellbats and Firebats can wreck every zerg unit I can field and they don't bunch up enough for me to utilize Crushing Grip as often as I need, I'm at risk at Siege Tanks and Thors at a point where my only real DPS is Kerrigan's Kinetic Blast (which has cooldown), and arrrrgh

Also, I probably shouldn't rush to Char in Hard Campaign. Zagara takes forever to kill with only 'lings and Queens and Kerrigan, and the Hydra/Roach support does not help.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 08:21:48 AM by Purple Heart »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #571 on: June 25, 2013, 06:00:24 PM »
You're complaining about almost beating a boss at half the recommended level?  I understand it was close, but still.  Might need a bit of a buff if it can possibly be taken out by SUCH an underleveled party, hm?

It can only be taken out at such a low level because it's pattern is set up to go a certain way.
Besides, I was copiously abusing Force Bottles (the Matarukaja / full-party Bravery-inducing item) so I could outpace his healing >_>;
It probably would have helped if I weren't using entry-level equipment.

It's not a good RPG if it forces you to level excessively to deal with any problem.  If a good strategy enables a kill at a much lower level via knowing how the enemy will act, that's a good design feature.  Labyrinth of Touhou might force grinding at some points, but strategy does enable you to kill bosses 10, 20, 30, even 50 levels lower than intended.

Chaos Weapon isn't like that on most occasions, mainly because more often than not one would be failing because his or her equipment on their team isn't up to date.
I have recommended levels for bosses mainly because these are the levels I feel the player should be by the time they encounter them. It's not even possible to be level six this far in the game; there are five bosses before this one that need to be defeated and they add up to about enough experience to get from levels 1 to 10.
Lol there will not be any low-level runs. I think that in practice the lowest level one could achieve and beat the game would be like, 60 out of 127, and one beats the game at about Lv. 100. Since stat growth is logarithmic, it's not like 40 of the higher levels amount to as much of a difference as, say, between 1 and 20.

I've whipped up two comparison images to illustrate this.

Stat growth: http://i.imgur.com/Fb5DpAj.png
Effects of equipment on stats: http://i.imgur.com/8Yxi0Dk.png

[/offtopic]

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #572 on: June 26, 2013, 03:30:03 AM »
Played The Last of Us, and almost shit myself again...

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #573 on: June 27, 2013, 12:06:35 AM »
The details of the Skill Tree remake in the Korean Elsword Server are officially out!

And they officially kill the Rune Slayer, the only character I find fun playing!

I'll only give this damn update a chance because people are being annoying, I doubt KOG did something that's good enough to compensate the fact that I'LL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO HAVE MY FOUR CORE SKILLS AND CORE PASSIVES.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #574 on: June 27, 2013, 12:10:03 AM »
http://www.twitch.tv/ihavenonamesda/c/2480890

In the FFV 4 job fiesta, I lost to World 2 Exdeath.  I hadn't saved after beating Gilgamesh.  At least the way I lost was spectacular...

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
« Reply #575 on: June 27, 2013, 01:15:29 AM »
Animal Crossing New Leaf.
There are some very rare beetles worth a lot of cash.
They are the Hercules and Golden beetles.
Thing is, the catch range is supposed to be the farthest the net can reach, yet the flee at least 1.5x that distance.
At least I got several golden ones...
Oh well.

Then there's this punk squirrel who won't invite me into his home.
See, I want his sloppy furniture, as it's worth a lot online due to rarity and stuff.
Thing is, the one time he invited me, I didn't know that.
Now, he replaced four of his six pieces with stuff I gave him.
Oh, the irony...

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #576 on: June 27, 2013, 07:43:07 AM »
Just tested out the new Elsword update.

Not only do they make the Rune Slayer utterly USELESS by making me UNABLE TO PICK MY CORE PASSIVES AND SKILLS, they also NERF THESE CORE PASSIVES AND SKILLS TO THE GROUND.

And of course, just to rub salt on the wound, they advertised "140 NEW SKILLS IN TOTAL"

Which are CARBON COPIES OF EXISTING SKILLS, BUT OF COURSE!

AND NOT A SINGLE 300MP FOR THE SECOND JOB CHANGES, YOU KNOW, THE THING WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR 4~5 YEARS?

You know KOG, if you wanted to destroy the Rune Slayer, you could just, you know, delete his files, you didn't need to make a whole new system JUST TO FUCK ME OVER.

*sigh*, and they botched Code:Nemesis too, which was the only other class I enjoyed playing, and of course, I can't complain to the people who actually understand the game, because I'm obviously "whining that my class got nerfed" and that "everybody got nerfed too" and "the update's been out for less than a day".

Of course, when they were updating, I couldn't say anything because I hadn't tested it yet, now I can't say anything because the update's been out for less than a day, what's next, I can't complain because my class sucked anyway? Fuck this community, seriously.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #577 on: June 30, 2013, 02:01:56 AM »
So, part of me thought it'd be a good idea to try and fight the Root Abyss bosses in MapleStory...When did they completely change the Crimson Queen's attack strat to "annoying fire attack that kills you in two seconds?" It's bad enough I have to pot like crazy to avoid dying, but I have to get hit by her fire breath to put out the flames (how the hell that works I have no idea), which is difficult to do because I'm playing as a Mercedes. Why is this a problem? Because I dodge every attack the game throws at me half the time. :V

On a related note, Von Bon got changed too. Instead of the interesting time mechanic he had, he's got a spirit you have to kill really quickly, or he insta-kills you. Yeah. That's fair. :fail: If Xenon wasn't coming out next week, I would have ditched this game again by now.

EDIT: Oh, and apparently the RA bosses are glitched. GG for not fixing them sooner, Nexon.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #578 on: June 30, 2013, 12:19:13 PM »
Got to play Catherine for the first time a little bit ago.

FUCK THE INQUISITION

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #579 on: June 30, 2013, 07:58:39 PM »
Playing Pok?mon White 2 and trying to complete movies. Get to "Mystery Doors to the Magical Land 2". After multiple failed attempts

Me: Finally!, I finished that thing with Astonish. Now I can move-

Director: No! This iz horrible! (I forgot the predice dialogue).

Me: ...F?ck your zhit!
Spoiler:
I had to actually look up how to finish the thing. Screw uou game for giving me two "Great" dialogue options and only make one of them the real option. And that poison killsis counted forwards the objective if you use Astonish on that turn

On other note, Luigi's Mansion 2: GET IN THE EFFING CAGES, YOU PIECES OF BOOS!

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #580 on: July 03, 2013, 08:10:39 AM »
So the Crash the Party achievement only counts up until the fifth total launcher? Not the one that completes the mission? I'm fucked.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #581 on: July 03, 2013, 08:52:44 AM »
My Assassin's Creed III save file decided to spontaneously corrupt for absolutely no reason and I was on Sequence 9 out of 12, having done all Homestead Missions, was doing really well with Full Synch and had Both New York and Boston fully liberated.

Fuck this game, gonna go watch a playthrough.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #582 on: July 03, 2013, 05:07:42 PM »
To get Alphamon OuRyuuken is a series of quests that ends with you having to get 200 X Antibodies off these things.  Luckily it seems to be 100% Drop Rate, unluckily for some reason people like to grind there and the spawn rate is horrible.  I mean sure they drop decent enough exp, but with a full party in there, you can't kill a lot and there's better grinding spots.  All those people grind there did was make it harder for me to do my quest.

Oh and when I said it ended there, I was wrong.  That's just where it ends with OuRyuumon, I have to do another set of quests for Alphamon.  This set ends (I hope) with a series of four boss fights.  Boss A drops the thing for Boss B which drops the thing for Boss C which drops the thing for Boss D.  Except Boss C didn't get the memo and didn't drop shit.