Author Topic: (SOLVED) EoSD Won't start  (Read 2325 times)

(SOLVED) EoSD Won't start
« on: June 22, 2013, 01:30:21 PM »

And that's what comes up when I try to open eosd.exe.
Any ideas?

I'm using Windows 7, and my computer is on Japanese locale.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 03:05:17 PM by Vari »

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
Re: EoSD Won't start
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 11:36:10 AM »
I suspect you're missing some files. Could you show us the files in the game folder?

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 12:08:20 PM »

This is what I have in the folder.

In specific, I need eosd.exe to work, NOT the english patched one.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 12:18:10 PM by Vari »

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 05:07:16 PM »
You have only the English-patched data files, so only the English one will work. The Japanese data files are usually named under the pattern 紅魔郷XX.dat, or g–‚‹?XX.dat for playing without Japanese locale/AppLocale (note that there's an invisible character before g that can't be noticed at all unless you use the arrows). I've also seen cases of the Japanese version using files under the pattern XX.dat though.

You can duplicate the English files and name them after one of the patterns I listed above, but you'll English dialogues with messed-up fonts (previous users of EoSD Replay Patch know what I mean).

This is what my EoSD folder looks like:

I had got rid of the 紅魔郷XX.dat-named files for the sake of cleanup, but you'll need them instead of g–‚‹?XX.dat if you're gonna play with Japanese locale.

(as for the EXE name, it'll only matter if you're gonna use vpatch. Rename it into 東方紅魔郷.exe if you're gonna play with Japanese locale, or “Œ•?g–‚‹?.exe (quote included) if you're gonna play without Japanese locale, but remember that unlike in danmakufu, mandatory Japanese locale in EoSD is just a myth)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 05:27:01 PM by Wriggle »

Re: (SOLVED) EoSD Won't start
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 03:05:29 PM »
Thanks! It works now.