Author Topic: Xbox 180: Now with DRM Backpedaling  (Read 29814 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Xbox One
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2013, 11:48:44 PM »
I'm pretty sure this has made its rounds already, but in honor of the gif Sir Amat posted that made me choke to death laughing, I'll link it anyway.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2013, 12:00:01 AM »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Haetius

• 3am is tea time.
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2013, 12:45:27 AM »
I'm pretty sure this has made its rounds already, but in honor of the gif Sir Amat posted that made me choke to death laughing, I'll link it anyway.
I think I just fell in love with faceless007..... and honestly I'm sitting at my computer cheering for that man!

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2013, 01:22:22 AM »
A slow clap.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2013, 01:44:51 AM »
You know what I came up with with all this used games and resale bullcrap everywhere? Microsoft is trying to run GameStop out of business and then use their business practices. Sure, we get stuff back for selling it to M$, but are we really to expect a fair trade back? Hell, they're probably gonna offer less than GameStop would return for a used game. Really, this is just a giant pile of shit, and the one group that's suffering is the marketing audience known as gamers. And the sad part is, I can see this working.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2013, 05:49:32 AM »

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
  • in the emptiness of reason.
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2013, 07:36:56 AM »
If there was an Olympic gold medal for forum posts that person would be entitled to 999,999,999 of them.
I need an option, a reason, and some hope.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2013, 07:47:14 AM »

Microsoft Used Game Strategy is too POWERFUL to be restricted!
Sugoiiii~

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2013, 10:10:42 AM »
Read the post linked by Kilga only to realize I already stated a part of the message earlier:

One reason for the current state of the game industry's economy is because developers et. al believe more power means more success in the grand scheme of things, rather than aiming for what really matters, which leads to products that are unsatisfactory to a hungry and increasingly savvy gamer market.

:colbert:

I kind of feel like everyone is turning to Sony and ignoring Nintendo in light of all this Xboxoutrage.

People are already enjoying the Wii U and the games that are coming out for it so we don't really need to focus on what they're doing when it is blatantly obvious to begin with unless you have been living under a rock for the past few months.

You know what I came up with with all this used games and resale bullcrap everywhere? Microsoft is trying to run GameStop out of business and then use their business practices. Sure, we get stuff back for selling it to M$, but are we really to expect a fair trade back? Hell, they're probably gonna offer less than GameStop would return for a used game. Really, this is just a giant pile of shit, and the one group that's suffering is the marketing audience known as gamers. And the sad part is, I can see this working.

Brick and mortar stores are already at risk of being blown to smithereens thanks to digital distribution becoming increasingly prevalent though. This is really just a greedy company trying to add more to the wildfire, and then use that wildfire to destroy other things. Though I guess they didn't intend the latter part. I'd like to think.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2013, 03:24:21 AM »

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2013, 01:08:58 PM »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2013, 05:07:31 PM »
875%, sweep flipping Christmas.
That is sales rank, not sales total, which makes it less amazing, but still amusing.  :V
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

hind

• smt elitist
  • huh?
    • you'll find everything here
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2013, 09:45:07 AM »
:D

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2013, 09:26:33 PM »
Australia and Germany condemning Xbox One for being a surveillance device. Considered a "major breach of privacy"

German Ebay promoting Wii U following Xbox Privacy Concerns
The [Image of Ebay listing] is taken from eBay Germany?s Facebook page, where it promotes the console as having the following benefits:

- no used games blocking
- no mandatory online
- no crap/bs
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:32:33 PM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Jmyster

• Knives
« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2013, 11:48:28 PM »
Nice to see actual organizations speaking out. This might be the worst PR nightmare microsoft has ever faced--prepare for the backtracking train at E3, or just a flood of nothing but game images with "no comment" on the other issues.

Tengukami

« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2013, 12:01:37 AM »
Nice to see actual organizations speaking out. This might be the worst PR nightmare microsoft has ever faced--prepare for the backtracking train at E3, or just a flood of nothing but game images with "no comment" on the other issues.
This is definitely surpassing Songsmith proportions of Terrible Ideas From Microsoft.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2013, 01:30:19 AM »
You know above all I find it amusing how Compile Heart of all things predicted something.
In Hyperdimension Neptunia, a game about a moefied version of the console wars, the Xbox/Microsoft gal spends weeks on end playing MMOs with no sleep.
She's always on.
The Xbone is always on.

CH KNEW IN 2010
Sugoiiii~

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2013, 06:10:23 AM »
This is definitely surpassing Songsmith proportions of Terrible Ideas From Microsoft.
B-But at least the Songsmith delivers :V

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2013, 10:04:21 AM »
Meanwhile, Microsoft hears all this criticism and makes moves to defend.... the design.

Sony digs at Xbone by reaffirming PS4 is 'a Game Console'. Also, leaks point to Xbone having a price tag of FIVE HUNDRED NINETY NINE (European) DOLLARS.
Amazon pre order prices mean their placeholder MUST cost more than the final price.
That's over 900 dollars, I'd expect the real price to be around half that.

NB: Pounds sterling are not dollars, please don't call them that

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #110 on: June 02, 2013, 03:02:09 PM »
Meanwhile, Microsoft hears all this criticism and makes moves to defend.... the design.

they choose to defend the design because that's the only thing they can make concrete statements on without giving too much away.

Microsoft are making this a "political affair," as with E3 coming up, the onus is on them to make up for their faux pas by talking about nothing but TV and sports (and I guess CoD) in their "reveal" of the "console" (which, it isn't even one anymore at this point. by core definition, imo)

Sony digs at Xbone by reaffirming PS4 is 'a Game Console'. Also, leaks point to Xbone having a price tag of FIVE HUNDRED NINETY NINE (European) DOLLARS.

you mean 911.62 usd. that's 599.99 gbp which is far from "dollars," as the above poster already mentioned.

i'm honestly clueless as to why Microsoft are trying to push this device forward as an entertainment platform, marketing it as such while leaving games to the side, when the Xbox series has, in the past, been for gaming. even the Xbox360 has had a minor foothold in Japan, despite all odds, there is still a relatively small following. with the "reveal" of the Xbox One, it looks like they just killed it and shot themselves in the foot.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2013, 07:20:22 PM »
Geez, don't you guys remember the PS3's initial showing? That's where NNR got "five hundred ninety-nine dollars" from.

Anyway, you'd think Microsoft would learn after the fiasco of the 360. Guess stubbornness doesn't easily fade.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Tengukami

« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2013, 07:30:19 PM »

Here's my favorite bit from this article:
While Microsoft steered clear of any mention of a VCR, it did note that the designers took inspiration from "high-definition TV manufacturers" to make the device unnoticeable. They chose "liquid black, the blackest black creatable, as a color palette for the brand," to make both the console and the Kinect, much like a user's TV, fade into the background.

I think it's really telling that they'd want Kinect to do all the intrusive shit they want it to do, and purposefully design the machine to be "unnoticeable".

JT

« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2013, 09:21:06 PM »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2013, 09:29:39 PM »
Actually, that stock boost came mostly amid rumours that Sony would sell off an entertainment division among other things. Or something along that line.

But the Xbone version is more hilarious regardless.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 09:32:22 PM by クアッカ Legume Appraisal »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2013, 03:47:09 PM »
Have some rumors from an industry insider for just before the Xbone conference.
The trainwreck is now leaving the station. Please wait warmly until it crashes.

T-minus 13 minutes until Microsoft's conference.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2013, 03:55:46 PM »
Plus half an hour, actually.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2013, 04:39:48 AM »

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)