Author Topic: TCG Discussion - Yugioh, MTG, Cardfight!! Vanguard  (Read 4219 times)

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
TCG Discussion - Yugioh, MTG, Cardfight!! Vanguard
« on: June 05, 2013, 12:55:31 AM »
Yeah so I decided we should just restart the thread.

Starting with yugioh:

During the last month since Tachyon has been released, I know Dragon Rulers and Judgement Prophecy have been stomping on people, but I decided to go build Madolches instead, because artwork is awesome, and Tiaramisu has the best removal ability in the game. The deck actually does really well against Dragon Rulers if you side properly, because you can just laugh at draccosack. I'm pretty much done the Main Deck, Side Deck, and Extra Deck, just getting holofoil staples and rarity upgrades and I'm done :D

As for weiss schwarz, I got such a good deal, snazzed a signed Akemi Homura card plus two trial deck's worth of cards for 30. I'm mainly waiting for more people to get decks first, but soon I'm going to start working on finishing the deck.

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
Re: TCG Discussion - Yugioh, MTG, Cardfight!! Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 01:06:49 AM »
I just need three Hootcakes and my Madolche deck is finished. I pulled a Tachyon Dragon, plus a Sword of Seven Stars, Constellar Sombre, two Redoxes, and a Tidal, so I had plenty to trade with. Going to be putting together a deck that runs Horuses and Blasters once I get the Blasters for it.
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 01:14:27 AM »
If people want to discuss TCG type things (and Yugioh is boring because that Prophecy card is just horrid) there's this kickstarter for Hex being talked about. It's a CCG MMO with both PvP and PvE versions. It looks really cool.

I haven't been playing Yugioh lately tbh since the auto programs haven't been going well. Maldoches don't seem that good to me even with Tiramisu.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 01:35:38 AM »
If people want to discuss TCG type things (and Yugioh is boring because that Prophecy card is just horrid) there's this kickstarter for Hex being talked about. It's a CCG MMO with both PvP and PvE versions. It looks really cool.
Twenty bucks say that the PvP would be completely pay2win, and that tossing money at the screen completely wrecks PvE. Calling it.
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

gammaraptor

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 02:16:06 AM »
Oh my god my signed card is apparently worth at least 40-50, and has been auctioned at close to 100 online before. What a good deal

gammaraptor

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 02:21:52 AM »
I just need three Hootcakes and my Madolche deck is finished. I pulled a Tachyon Dragon, plus a Sword of Seven Stars, Constellar Sombre, two Redoxes, and a Tidal, so I had plenty to trade with. Going to be putting together a deck that runs Horuses and Blasters once I get the Blasters for it.

I personally only like two hootcakes, simply because 2 doesn't seem worth it for me.

I haven't been playing Yugioh lately tbh since the auto programs haven't been going well. Maldoches don't seem that good to me even with Tiramisu.

Actually Madolches are really scary now. If they have one target in the graveyard, and mewfeuille/hootcake in hand, they can instantly get out invoker/leviair and tiaramisu, and possibly a puddingcess/cruff depending on whether ticket is on the field. Hootcake pretty much gives madolches the speed they really needed before this format.

InfernalExuro

• I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 03:24:09 AM »
I'm going to try two and three. Three for builds that have more non-Madolches, and two for my pure setup. Also need Double Summons, now that I think about it...
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

Shadoweh

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 04:11:30 AM »
How exactly would you have a Hootcake target in a Maldoche deck? >_>

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

InfernalExuro

• I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 04:54:45 AM »
I guess I should've worded it better. Not so much pure as less non-Madolche support, so there'd be things like Giant Rats and Grand Mole. That's in addition to anything that gets tributed, discarded, wiped by my own cards, or detached as Xyz material from anything that isn't Tiaramisu.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 04:58:16 AM »
Since we're talking yu-gi-oh, if anyone's interested, there's this.

It's pretty much a way to do Yu-Gi-Oh online, it's a pretty complete system and it keeps improving. Just about 6.3k cards as of right now if I'm not mistaken, and growing.

Could somebody tell me a good way to do a Dragon-Based deck that doesn't involve either Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon nor Dragon's Mirror? Polymerization is fine, though I'm not too fond of Fusions.

Also, if I can find an actual way to use Lord of D and the Flute of Dragon Summoning in my deck, I'd be glad :V

Shadoweh

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 08:57:04 AM »
Ygopro is the system I was using for awhile, the main problem is that they have really slow servers. They have the OCG decks, and as long as you just use the base ygopro program to play with friends and stay out of the community it's okay. Duel Network is still better if you actually want to play with other people.

Hieratics were a pretty good deck last I played. The thing is pretty much every dragon deck is better if you include REDMD in it.

Sorry, but Lord of D. and the Flute are going to be poop forever. :V

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 09:46:42 AM »
Currently trying a Mesmerizing Maneater deck on Dueling Network. My previous Plant deck kept giving me bad hands, and there are no good Insect decks aside from Inzektor (who I don't like very much. Why make an Insect archetype without any actual insects or arachnids in it?) and maaaybe Spider. The Mesmerizing Maneaters seem to be on their way of becoming an effective Plant/Insect archetype though. I'm still trying to fit Gigaplant and Lonefire Blossom into the deck, but it is hard to decide which cards to replace.
Current set-up of my Maneater deck:

Monsters:
3x Atra the Mesmerizing Maneater
3x Kazura the Mesmerizing Maneater
3x T'lion the Mesmerizing Maneater
2x Doom Dozer
3x Koa'ki Meiru Beetle
1x Cross-Sword Beetle
2x Ultimate Insect lvl 3
2x Ultimate Insect lvl 5
1x Ultimate Insect lvl 7

Spells:
1x Dark Hole
1x Monster Reborn
1x Heavy Storm
1x Pot of Duality
2x Mystical Space Typhoon

Traps:
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
3x Trap Hole
2x Torrential Tribute
2x Dark Bribe
1x Solemn Judgment
2x Starlight Road
2x Mirror Force

Side:
2x Gigaplant
1x Lonefire Blossom

Extra:
2x Gagaga Cowboy
2x Utopia
2x Stardust Dragon

Any suggestions would be welcome. I myself am still rather inexperienced with YuGiOh...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 09:51:25 AM by OkashiiKisei »

draganuv15

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 01:33:38 PM »
And here I am. Still waiting for Genesis to make an appearance.

Also wouldn't it make sense to link the old thread in the first post?

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 02:41:48 PM »
Could somebody tell me a good way to do a Dragon-Based deck that doesn't involve either Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon nor Dragon's Mirror? Polymerization is fine, though I'm not too fond of Fusions.

Elemental Dragons can be played without REDMD although it's superior with it.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 05:44:50 PM »
I'm against using REDMD since it's so ridiculously broken and unfun to use (To your opponent anyway, it's awesome to bring out two major dragons in a single turn, it's awful to have your opponent do that, I've been on both sides.)

I've been using a few hieratic cards in my deck, particularly Gebeb and Tefnuit, I'll take a look at the Elemental Dragons, thanks for the tips.

(Also, what would be the best way to use Dragon's Soul Castle? I've been using it primarily to do shenanigans like revive a dead blue-eyes or my White Night or my Level 6 Horus or something.)

@E: Just tried Elemental Dragon deck with REDMD and my god this is so broken how can this deck not be banned?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 07:57:03 PM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

gammaraptor

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2013, 08:21:16 PM »
How exactly would you have a Hootcake target in a Maldoche deck? >_>

xyz material detatch, your own destructinon effects, or handtraps

draganuv15

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2013, 02:28:55 PM »
Does anybody know any goods cards for a Bujin (Wargod) deck? They seem pretty interesting to play but I'm not all that good at making my on decks in Yu-Gi-Oh! >_>

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 08:30:26 PM »
xyz material detatch, your own destructinon effects, or handtraps

I'm partial to Giant Rat into Hootcake personally.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

InfernalExuro

• I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2013, 12:58:39 AM »
I'm partial to Giant Rat into Hootcake personally.
Yep, that's going to be one of my usual plays for it. Still no Hootcakes for me though...

Also, on the topic of dragon decks, I've maintained one since LoB came out. There's plenty of ways to run dragon decks without REDMD, but it's just so damn good that there's no point in not running him. Summoning is the one big weakness dragon decks generally have across the whole run of their decks, and a 2800-point beatstick alone is worth keeping around.

...Also, I'll admit to running Lord of D, but that's in a deck that's based around King Dragun and Queen Dragun Djinn. Run with Safe Zone and Horuses for maximum hilarity. :3

draganuv15

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 05:48:42 PM »
Well, might as well put this here.

On the 30th of June I will be going to a Yu-Gi-Oh! tournament with a couple of friends.. I'll probably update this post with the details of what happened.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 05:39:22 PM by Endless Hunger »

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 09:58:56 PM »
Reviving because. Fucking Anime Expo has now gotten me into Weiss Schwarz, and now I'm running a Green Madoka deck. Got 2 signed Homuras from 2 boxes, and traded one of them for 5 rares, don't know what to do with the other one.

gammaraptor

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2013, 10:22:43 PM »
Reviving because. Fucking Anime Expo has now gotten me into Weiss Schwarz, and now I'm running a Green Madoka deck. Got 2 signed Homuras from 2 boxes, and traded one of them for 5 rares, don't know what to do with the other one.

Keep it....

Currently running green blue works really well, but i'm only using the td's atm

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2013, 01:50:27 AM »
Keep it....

Currently running green blue works really well, but i'm only using the td's atm

That's how the game works. Any deck that's not made of utter shit can work

Exxelent_

• The worst of the worst.
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2013, 03:48:21 AM »
If anyone is an MtG player here...

How do you feel about the current state of type-2?
Personally I feel like it's a bit too greedy, the reintroduction of the shock lands in RTR and the dual lands from the core set have made it incredibly easy to go three or four color and just make big fat value decks.

draganuv15

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2013, 02:52:49 PM »
Huh, this thread got revived huh? Well I might as well share my experience at the Yu-Gi-Oh! tournament I said I was going to update but the thread died so I didn't bother to.

There were 17 duelists all in all and I got... 16th.

(I couldn't give two shits though since I got a Dueling Dragon, ZANBAKU and a GotS Amaterasu from some Vanguard packs I got. Well I traded for the Amaterasu with some Yu-Gi-Oh! cardss and also got a Magatsu Storm which I traded for some OTT cards)

From the packs I won I got a Light and Darkness Dragon so that will be useful... If I want to run E. Dragons which I don't.
Other than that though it was a lot of fun a people did say I was pretty close to beating them. So there's that.