Author Topic: 東方Project 第14弾の情報です - Double Dealing Character  (Read 264149 times)

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Re: 東方Project 第14弾の情報です - Double Dealing Character
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2013, 10:48:30 PM »
A bit belated because I was distracted, but: Can we not turn the Touhou 14 thread into Touhou 13 bashing? Please and thank you.

Comparisons and so on are fine, but this thread isn't even about 10D. I will freely admit to being a bit biased here because I still have a lingering dislike for all things 10D and enjoy seeing it criticized, but this just isn't the thread for that. This is a "yay! New Touhou game!" thread, not a thread to talk about how much we hate 10D. In a thread that can contain up to 1000 posts, we're bound to get some derails into comparing this with other game announcements, but it we could stay on the title topic that'd be pretty great, y'all. We've only got two weeks 'till demo release, so we can surely MOSTLY stay on topic before we start getting bored.

SPEAKING OF. If that's not Orin in that screencap, I wonder how different the pre-demo release fanart of her will be from her actual cut-in. When UFO's demo was announced, the Pixiv fanart of before-we-knew-her-name-was-Nazrin depicted her with twin scythes instead of dowsing rods. And she didn't have her mouse ears, either, because they were a bit too fuzzy to see in the screencap. I look forward to all the wild misinterpretations of the new character's design that we will only realize in retrospect.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2013, 10:50:53 PM »
Drake you should have kept yours up, you were the first to point out the weapons-not-actually-going-haywire thing I think.

I'm only getting that from the "losing control of their weapons" bit, which is admittedly scant. They do have an opt-out for that, too, it seems. Would still love to try it out, if so.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2013, 10:54:37 PM »
Wondering if this means multiple shottypes per character

All of the games with three playable characters or less so far had more than one shottype per character. So, it's pretty much safe to say this will be the case with DDC as well.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2013, 10:55:59 PM »

Mystery over.

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2013, 10:57:15 PM »

source

DID YOU ALL HAVE ENOUGH OF RIN IN SUBTERRANEAN ANIMISM? NO YOU DID NOT. I SURE DO HOPE YOU LIKE RIN BEING THE BOSS OF EVERY SINGLE STAGE.

Fuck all the mirror and reflection imagery. TH14: CAT PLANET

« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2013, 10:58:56 PM »
Hm...  Wondering if this means multiple shottypes per character or split story for the final levels*?  Not sure which I'd prefer.  Probably depend on how the theoretical split was done.

*Or if there's a minor translation that shifts the meaning.  Suppose that's also an option.

One of the screenshots is an explicit "weapon select" screen which seems to have all the standard shottype info. I can't really see that as anything but selecting a shottype for your character.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2013, 10:59:09 PM »
TH14: CAT PLANET

Okay. I am alright with round 20 against Orin now.

« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2013, 11:00:15 PM »
Okay. I am alright with round 20 against Orin now.
CAT PLANET ARMAGEDDON

Zakari

• This loli contains Autism
  • Autistic Loli
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2013, 11:04:21 PM »
Interesting.

if this is underwater theme.
we need mermaids, sea dragon girls and Leviathan touhou.

if not then we need ninja touhou, goth loli touhou or Touhou girl with western clothes with a fancy hat.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2013, 11:04:25 PM »

[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Jmyster

• Knives
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2013, 11:06:00 PM »
Of course, it actually is Kohaku! Now we just need a medicine tag-team with Erin...

Formless God

« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2013, 11:07:34 PM »
RIN
Spoiler:
What's the official name of Goast Wheels again?

« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2013, 11:13:36 PM »
Anpurvis: Oh god what is this.

« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2013, 11:14:41 PM »
DID YOU ALL HAVE ENOUGH OF RIN IN SUBTERRANEAN ANIMISM?
more like rin in eosd mmmh
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2013, 11:16:00 PM »
Fuck all the mirror and reflection imagery. TH14: CAT PLANET
I'll call Chen and Shou.

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

Fonzi

• Comfort from battles
  • Cheers from beers!
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2013, 11:20:54 PM »
Well, now that Sakuya's back in the danmaku business, I think we can expect the fans' whining about Mima's return to intensify even more.

« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2013, 11:23:27 PM »
This time, I've doubled the resolution of the game. However, I haven't increased the game window size. That being said, players can continue playing with the familiar window size but with higher game resolution. If you own a respectable computer, you should be able to play at 1280x960.
Given how ancient my computer is, I doubt I'll be able to play this game... but oh well. Being able to play everything up until TH13 was surprising enough.
Still, oh wow it's Sakuya! And Marisa with a flamethrower! And a girl with a red cape! And everyone looks cuter than the usual!

Tengukami

« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2013, 11:25:56 PM »

See, it looks to me like the sprite is either holding a sword by its point, for whatever reason, or ... I have no idea really. ZUN used dowsing rods, ffs. This new girl Rin could be holding a plough.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2013, 11:29:38 PM »
Touhou KISHINjou ~ Double Dealing Character

Obvious hint is obvious.

Also, Shinki lives in a crystal palace

mmm... come to think about it, there's not much difference between a palace and a castle

"Eastern Castle of Shining Needles"

And crystals shines right...?

SHINKI CONFIRMED!!! :getdown:

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2013, 11:30:07 PM »
See, it looks to me like the sprite is either holding a sword by its point, for whatever reason, or ... I have no idea really. ZUN used dowsing rods, ffs. This new girl Rin could be holding a plough.
It's obviously a wheelbarrow. The player characters didn't die back in SA, so Rin has returned to finish the job.

Fonzi

• Comfort from battles
  • Cheers from beers!
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2013, 11:36:11 PM »
It's obviously a wheelbarrow. The player characters didn't die back in SA, so Rin has returned to finish the job.

Doesn't she know that nobody can die for real in the touhou games?

Zoriri

• Danmaku Trainee
« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2013, 11:38:46 PM »
First things first: OMG NEW TOUHOU :getdown:
Now that that's out of the way, on to fan speculations!

That tail/blade looking thing the boss character has looks more like one of Sakuya's knives passing over her sprite more than anything.

And as for why she looks like Orin, I'm going to go out on a limb and say ORIN HAD KITTIES.

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2013, 11:45:11 PM »
And as for why she looks like Orin, I'm going to go out on a limb and say ORIN HAD KITTIES.
This would be hilarious.  6 kittens!  A midboss for each stage!  And the one after that.  And the one after that.....

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2013, 11:46:10 PM »

Tell that to everyone who can't 1cc SA normal.  :derp:

Anyway hey gaiz I know who the final boss is going to be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w95C9bvg82k#t=13m24s

Prove me wrong. ZUN said it's a retro game.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Fonzi

• Comfort from battles
  • Cheers from beers!
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2013, 11:46:25 PM »
This would be hilarious.  6 kittens!  A midboss for each stage!  And the one after that.  And the one after that.....

Nyancat for the ex-boss!

Tengukami

« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2013, 11:47:27 PM »
Prove me wrong. ZUN said it's a retro game.

"Neo-retro". ZUN has finally turned hipster.

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2013, 11:50:27 PM »
All of the games with three playable characters or less so far had more than one shottype per character. So, it's pretty much safe to say this will be the case with DDC as well.
Also there is a picture that says "Weapon Select". I wonder what kind of weapons will be available, especially for Sakuya. Reimu could fall back on something simple like Ying Yang Orbs, Sealing Needles, and Spell tags. Marisa... I don't really know about her... but that sword she traded to Rinnoske would be weirdly awesome. Sakuya seems to be the most limited, having only knives.
One idea is for them to borrow weapons from other characters, and have it be a bit like SA, like Aya's fan or Sanae's Gohi... or Tenshi's sword.
Of course if you go by this quote, "Will the three follow the weapons or abandon them to fight their own battle?" We should expect to see one shot type and two hand to hand options.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 11:52:24 PM by Imosa »

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2013, 11:52:43 PM »
Whoever this girl is, she at least is involved with the Myouren Temple, as that does look like the path to the Myouren Temple (ala Kyouko and Mamizou stage).

I'm looking forward to the new music!

« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2013, 11:54:04 PM »
"Neo-retro". ZUN has finally turned hipster.

New Age Retro Hippy attacks.

Fonzi

• Comfort from battles
  • Cheers from beers!
« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2013, 11:56:44 PM »
Sakuya seems to be the most limited, having only knives.

Perhaps so, but who says she has only one type of them?