Author Topic: [RO] HatOnline Renewal! Back again!  (Read 207425 times)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
[RO] HatOnline Renewal! Back again!
« on: April 04, 2013, 12:30:56 AM »
HatOnline is back and with third jobs and all that Renewal junk!
Rates: 7.5x/7.5x/10x (for the time being, may/probably will be changed)
Client download: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/fate/hatonlinere/HatOnlineRE-Full-4-8-2013.zip (includes latest update)
Latest manual update: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/fate/hatonlinere/HatOnlineRE-Patcher-4-8-2013.zip
IRC channel: #hathathat on irc.ppirc.net (webchat link)

Just unzip and run HatOnlineUpdater.exe

FYI this is a full reset, nothing from the old server was retained. I checked my backups and apparently the SQL dump I took was completely empty :D! Even if it could work you'd likely have to completely reset for Renewal.

Handy links for Renewal information:
http://ro.doddlercon.com/wiki/index.php?title=Renewal_Overview
http://ro.doddlercon.com/wiki/index.php?title=Renewal_Skill_Changes
http://ro.doddlercon.com/wiki/index.php?title=Renewal_Changes
http://ro.doddlercon.com/wiki/index.php?title=3rd_Classes

Overview
HatOnline is a semi-private Ragnarok Online server for the MotK community.  The goal is to strive for perfect parity with the current kRO Renewal client and content.  While most servers like to screw with the game and add in all sorts of random nonsense, we believe the core game is being sacrificed as a result.  There's also a lot of things eAthena has done wrong over the years and we would like to pride ourselves on being the most accurate reproduction of the core kRO game.

That being said there's still some things the base game does wrong, so we're not above changing those things as long as it doesn't change the core gameplay.  Rates are set at 77 5 7.5x XP and 99 2.5 10x item drop to remove much of the tedium in building a new character.  We've added in support for the official cash shop items and set the exchange rate at 100k 1mil zeny per 100 cash points.  Episode 13 content and third job content will not be enabled for the time being. Things that have historically been broken, such as bad MVP behavior and other omissions are also getting worked on to bring the server in line with the official RO servers. Renewal is in, all content up to 14.1 should be enabled and fully working. Third classes, Kagerou/Oboro (Ninja second job), the works. All stats, skills, mob info and quests are in line with iRO Renewal settings.

So join us, and help us make this a new addition to the MotK community.  Oh, and if you join now you get a free hat of your choosing!  Any hat :3c

Windows
1:  Download HatOnline Renewal FULL 4-8-2013.zip and unzip
2:  Launch HatOnlineUpdate.exe

Linux/Mac
Please see here for setting up Wine for your respective distribution.
According to Ammy, as of Wine 1.4.1 you should be able to launch HatOnlineRE.exe as-is without any additional work. HatOnlineUpdate.exe should work as well.

If you ever get crashes or are unable to login with error messages about EXE being out of date, please check for any updates first.

Registration
First time you login, put down username_m or username_f (not "username" but the username you want), _m for male and _f for female gender, for your login name, then every time after that login with just your desired username.  To get your free hat just send me a PM with your character name and your desired hat (link to it from http://ratemyserver.net so I can have an item_id please!)

Handy tips
To talk to everyone on the server just shout! Your chat will be globally spammed to everyone with no intervention required.

@who/@who2 - Who's online/what's their class and character/job level
@where <player> - Locate a player
@channel - Create or join chat channels
@autoloot <percent> - Autoloot items dropped at <percent> rate or lower
@autotrade - Accept all trade requests
@showexp - Show XP earned per kill
@showzeny - Show zeny earned
@rates - Server rates
@uptime - Server uptime
@exp - Current XP/Job XP amount
@mobinfo <mob> - Info on a monster
@iteminfo <item> - Info on an item
@whodrops <item> - Who drops x item (sorted by highest drop rate)
@time - Show server time
@petrename - Rename your pet
@party <name> - Create a party
@duel - Duel someone, use @invite to invite someone, @leave to leave, @accept/@reject to accept or reject invites
@noask - Ignore all trade/friend/chat requests
@feelreset - Reset remembered maps for Star Gladiators/TKMs
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 03:57:52 AM by helvetica »

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: [RO] HatOnline Renewal! Back again!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 12:36:36 AM »
Running a (to-be) priest and monk named Dormio and Caedo respectively.
No clue if I'll make anything else.

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 12:38:22 AM »
Never played RO b4 but everyone seems to be in love with it. I'll give it a try.

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 12:39:35 AM »
Okay so FA Ranger clearly works right?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 12:55:05 AM »
Lol FA ranger.
I don't have a clue what works or doesn't work anymore, renewal completely jacked with the ATK/DEF formulas and stuff.

http://ro.doddlercon.com/wiki/index.php?title=Renewal_Skill_Changes
http://ro.doddlercon.com/wiki/index.php?title=Renewal_Changes

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 02:56:58 AM »
Read this in a very tired way and thought it was about TF2 hats. Nope, but oh well. Didn't want more of those anyway.

Glad this subforum can have another game regularly played though. The MC-TF2 streak was getting a bit long. :V
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 05:55:28 AM »
H- HATONLINE!

I'll come back and do fun things on Friday when I have more time, but this is cool and neat news! I'll be happy to play with everyone again.

I'd like to check out the changes made to Mages and Wizards in action, so I might make one of those my first character. We'll see!

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 06:06:13 AM »
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Eden_Group

Buncha newbie quests got added, decent free gear and super simple stuff. Should get you pretty far actually.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 08:19:17 AM »
Aaaah I could kiss you! Missed this so much, and was just remembering the fun last night. Thank you for revving this up again!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 08:38:03 AM »
The client files and all that I downloaded from the last time should still be good, right?

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 08:40:35 AM »
I've had terrible experiences with third jobs when they first came out :(. But it's probably not as bad now and I guess I can get back in to this and give it another go.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 09:15:11 AM »
The client files and all that I downloaded from the last time should still be good, right?
Nope, not even close :( I still got my old install, lemme see if I can figure out a patch together for you so you don't have to redownload everything.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 09:59:30 AM »
 :o

When I have free time, I will join again.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 10:20:21 AM »
I miiiiiight step back in after graduation. Maybe. :o

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 11:26:47 AM »
Holy crap I knew Renewal was a revamp but I never realized how much they nerfed the XP table and stuff.
No wonder at the "pitiful" low rate of 5x I'm already 40something.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Base_EXP_Chart
http://irowiki.org/classic/Base_EXP_Chart

Compare:
Pre-Renewal: 1 to 99 base level pretrans 405,234,427 total XP
Renewal: 1 to 99 base level pretrans 29,395,800 total XP

7% of the old required XP. 7%

Pre-Renewal: 1 to 99 base level trans 1,212,492,549 total XP (half of that spent going from 98-99 lol)
Renewal: 1 to 99 base level trans 48,442,570 total XP (and no more suicide jump from 98-99, just a smooth linearish curve)

4% of the old required XP amount.

Obviously the mobs have had their XPs adjusted, but even at 1x it's like playing at 10x now (and noone plays at 1x thanks to battle manuals and VIP bonuses and all sorts of other items now available).

So yeah, I'm not so worried about running at 5x anymore.

Anyways, for the sake of not annoying the hell out of people trying to collect 1.2 million zeny to transcend, I've enabled a job change NPC. You're obviously free to do the job quests as they are. But considering for a few of us this isn't exactly our first runthrough, and without the big economy to back things up, I figured I'd be merciful at least with that. You still have to hit the level requirements (job 50 to second class, base 99 to trans), just no more failing the mage test ten thousand times (although I suspect that got nerfed).

I've also put in a free teleporter NPC, but you have to visit and talk to the NPC at the target location before she will warp you to her. It's a compromise between allowing @go and watching everyone zoom off to random dungeon floors from the newbie area. The NPC unlocks access account wide, so if you visit once on one character you can warp again anytime any character on that account. It does include access to warp to specific dungeon floors if you reach them (and talk to the NPC), this I'm leaving enabled on a trial basis. I may end up turning it off and/or limiting it to what the dungeon teleporter cash shop scroll does.  I've also enabled an MVP arena since that was kind of a thing we did manually anyways as GM events so why not automate it. I'll still probably do invasion/random MVP hunt events too :b. Basically I'll get bored when there's no one to play with so as long as people are playing I'll be active. So play or else!

Oh and WoE is disabled like before, and I brought back the old guild dungeon teleporter too so that's all there. There's also a stat/skill resetter NPC and a hair stylist NPC (default styles for free, custom styles for $$$ crazy bucks). And yes, I still have the skill reset scrolls in the cash shop, just don't use them unless you like wasting money.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 11:30:07 AM »
Obviously the mobs have had their XPs adjusted, but even at 1x it's like playing at 10x now (and noone plays at 1x thanks to battle manuals and VIP bonuses and all sorts of other items now available).
They nerfed the goddamn quest rewards. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 11:42:12 AM »
Dude just save zeny, get battle manuals, and beat people to death :V

Plus I gave you your 5x quest XP >:(, and there's dailies now!

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 11:50:31 AM »
Eden why.
The new exp system is really weird but I guess it does what it sets out to do which is to mostly trivialize the pre-3rd class.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 12:39:53 PM »
>no more failing the Wizard Mage job change quest a billion times

omg

yes

NO MORE SUFFERING

(well even though I pretty much begged for you just to force-change my class to Wiz because seriously)

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 04:09:51 PM »
A hat? I always wanted an Ashura Fairy Hat, and a Wind Milestone, and a Devil Mask, and an AFK hat, and a...okay I like to have a lot of stylish hats.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2013, 05:14:15 PM »
do you guys even hat? anyways i may give this game another shot, walls were my one true weakness

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 03:40:06 PM »
So yeah, I'm not so worried about running at 5x anymore.

Yeah, I agree, the xp rate hasn't been bothering me.

I'd like to request at least a 10x drop rate though. At 2.5x it's 1 card per 4000 monsters, so I'm not planning on being able to have any in my build (unless that's the point).

Edit: Also the stylist won't change my hair, is there some requirement?

Edit edit: Also also it seems APSD boosts are broken at the moment. Concentration/Awakening potions only give 1 ASPD, as does Adrenaline Rush. Pls help, my blacksmith needs to go fast D:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 05:22:18 PM by Stuffman »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 09:03:51 PM »
I was asking TSO about this a couple of days ago. You need something like 700k gold unless you use the custom stylist hidden near the middle of Prontera.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2013, 09:36:34 PM »
Yeah, the free one won't change my hair either, she just says "it's fine how it is" or whatever.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2013, 09:38:47 PM »
No, both of those need the 700k. Poke me when you're on and I'll show you where the free stylist is.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2013, 06:45:40 AM »
Yeah, I agree, the xp rate hasn't been bothering me.

I'd like to request at least a 10x drop rate though. At 2.5x it's 1 card per 4000 monsters, so I'm not planning on being able to have any in my build (unless that's the point).

Edit edit: Also also it seems APSD boosts are broken at the moment. Concentration/Awakening potions only give 1 ASPD, as does Adrenaline Rush. Pls help, my blacksmith needs to go fast D:
Drop rate I'll probably raise, because right now I am so fucking broke I don't know what to do and I imagine everyone else is too. If it weren't for the Eden Group stuff we'd be hitting a brick wall hard.

ASPD works completely different now. No skill gives a percentage ASPD increase anymore, it's all flat linear increases.

http://ro.doddlercon.com/r/aspdcalc/calc.php
Check your stats with this, tell me if the in-game ASPD matches what you're getting. If it's wrong I'll check the ASPD formula in the server code and make necessary adjustments/fixes.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2013, 06:59:53 AM »
Drop rate raised to 10x for all items.

There will be server maintenance sometime tonightish when everyone is off to fix a few bugs. Also remember you're all entitled to one free hat (within reason), so send me item IDs and check your mail!

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2013, 12:18:31 PM »
Raised XP rates to 7.5x, essentially giving everyone a free battle manual. As a balancing measure I've raised cash shop prices to compensate for the new rates, it's now 1 cash shop point per 10k zeny, and battle manuals/bubblegum now cost 50p per item.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2013, 02:31:53 PM »
Check your stats with this, tell me if the in-game ASPD matches what you're getting. If it's wrong I'll check the ASPD formula in the server code and make necessary adjustments/fixes.

http://ro.doddlercon.com/wiki/index.php?title=Renewal_Changes#ASPD

Huh. According to the formula, ASPD boosts are a flat number but they're modified by AGI.

In order to get the full bonus you would need 200 AGI. Which makes me wonder if the formula is accurate, or if they just nerfed the absolute fucking shit out of all attack speed pots and skills, to the point that they do almost nothing in a normal build. If it was just the flat bonus it would feel like it was more in line with the pre-renewal boosts.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2013, 03:19:30 PM »
I've... been thinking of playing RO again. Honestly, this seems tempting. Especially the bit about a free Hat. Everyone loves hats.