Author Topic: Welcome to the NHK!! Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins)  (Read 17840 times)

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
Welcome to the NHK!! Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins)
« on: July 25, 2012, 01:14:38 PM »
Welcome to the NHK!! Mafia

Thirteen souls, broken and lonely, lost in the cold, heartless city of Tokyo.  Bound by their dysfunctional personalities and painful memories, they are trapped on a metaphorical desert island, stagnantly drifting from day to day in an attempt to escape from their demons. 

However, all of a sudden, amidst the beer, the drugs and the pithy distractions, a voice seemed to arise amongst them, whispering hateful things into their ears, lashing out at their insecurities and igniting their painful memories.  All at once, depression and despair set in.   The uncertain future seemed to loom gravely over them.  Thoughts of suicide became harder and harder to suppress. 

No doubt, it was all the work of the Nihon Hikkomori Kyoukai in disguise, and it was all up to them to root out this dark influence from within.   But with their volatile emotions all in disarray, would they really be able to do so without killing themselves?M

Welcome to the NHK.

===

Rules:

0) Whatever the mod says is final.  Rules are subject to change any time.  Also, watch the anime.
1) This is a traditional mafia game with standard day and night phases.  However, important information may be withheld from players regarding the state of the game and their roles, making it a bastard mod game.
2) Days last 48 hours.  Nights last 24 hours. 
3) Play for your win condition and read role PMs carefully.
4) Prods will be given after 24 hours of inactivity.  Being prodded twice is grounds for modkill.  If a townie gets modkilled, the day ends immediately.  If scum gets modkilled, the day will continue.
5) A lynch will occur only when a majority is reached.
6) Don't quote mod communications.  Don't c/mmunicate with other people about the game except when you're allowed to do so.
7) Don't edit posts.
8 ) No talk in the topic during twilight and night phases.
9) No bah! posts.  Dead is dead, especially in this anime.
10) Flips, in general, will be given in full.
11) Have fun and live your lives to the fullest.

===

Still Alive:

4. dr rawr
9. huhwhat
11. Schezo
13. BT

Dead:

2. Edible, Kaoru Yamazaki, Lovestruck Townie Neighbour, followed PX unto death D1
5. PX, Nanako Midorikawa, 1-shot Bulletproof Townie Neighbour, was lynched D1
8. Dormio, , Misaki Nakahara, Mafia Jailkeeper, was lynched D2
12. Bardiche, Hitomi Kashiwa, Town NeighbourCop was killed N2.
7. NekoNekoRex, Akira Jougasaki, Lovestruck Townie Neighbour Miller, followed Bardiche unto death N2, buried D3.
6. Omba, Yuu Kasano, Mafia Godmother, was killed N3.
1. Serela, Kazuko Nakahara, Vanilla Townie, was lynched D4
3. Shadoweh, Tatsuhiro Satou, Town Protaganist, was killed N4
10. ActionDan, Hideto Nomura, Vanilla Town, was killed N5

===

Useful Links

End of Day One
End of Day Two
End of Day Three
End of Day Four and Five

Previous Thread
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 02:23:59 AM by Affinity »

Affinity

• hoho
Re: Welcome to the NHK!! Mafia (Day Four)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 01:24:10 PM »
After the long dark night of the soul, the body of Yuu Kasano was found washed up along the boat pier.  The latter discovery of his trusty Ninkendo DS (paused mid-game in Lemmings) and a suicide note on the top of a nearby cliff made the entire affair seem like a spooky deja vu. 

In that suicide note was a long manifesto about how he became addicted to MMORPG named Fantasy World as a way to relieve exam stress, and how lonely he was when his account got hacked and when his parents effectively disowned him.

Most importantly, it also detailed intricately how he had lured many people into trying to earn money through the game, getting them addicted in the process.  The writing seemed to grow more intense when he described how wonderful he felt when he saw people's lives being crushed as a result.  It was revenge against this cruel and academic-oriented world, he said, and now that he had fulfilled his duty, he felt it prudent to die himself.  At the bottom of the note was a curt apology to everyone who had cared for him, and all the people whose lives he had ruined, not that they were around to see it anyway.

In the distance, Yuu's parents wailed loudly over his cold body, lamenting over how foolishly they had treated their son, and so on and so forth.  But this was not the story everyone was concerned with, of course.  They only cared that, somehow, the culprits were being lynched, and that it seemed likely that they would finally find a way out of their depression. 

===

Omba, Yuu Kasano, Mafia Godmother was killed N3.  His ability was as follows:
  • Godmother - You are a Mafia Godmother.  Due to your pre-adolescence, any investigation on your alignment will give a result of town.
  • NHK - You are buddies with X and Y, and you may converse with them at any time.  Your personal abilities do not interfere with the factional kill. You win when scum form the majority. 

It is now Day Four.  You have 48 hours remaining

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 01:50:21 PM by Affinity »

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 01:39:51 PM »
@Mod: We didn't get a list of Dormio's abilities when he flipped. Can we assume that it was Jailkeeper/NHK?

I guess Omba is just one of those people I'll read opposite to alliance every time. Rereading.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 01:52:51 PM »
Quote from: BT
@Mod: We didn't get a list of Dormio's abilities when he flipped. Can we assume that it was Jailkeeper/NHK?

Yes, Dormio flipped Mafia Jailkeeper.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 01:58:21 PM »
Well he sure made sure that problem got taken care of. (???)
In light off these events I no longer propose that we quicklynch Schezo for lulz.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 02:05:34 PM »
counter claiming vig,

i didnt notice before because it was a soft claim and....

Shadoweh

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 02:09:56 PM »
Rawr are you claiming you shoot people at night? Don't just leave me here with this fried chicken taunting me.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 02:10:25 PM »
Also i was trying to keep low because i didnt want to get nk(doubt it though i didnt want to risk it). so i remembered path of radiance when shadoweh rolled vig

no its a 1shot vig

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 02:14:24 PM »
errrr i guess you didnt notice, but omba pretty much claimed vig d3 and said he was gonna shoot me pretty much. so i shot him instead

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 02:15:03 PM »
scum's strat was most likely to bus with the godfather and hope nothing bad happens
##Vote: Serela
this explains why you wouldn't vote omba with dormio on d2

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 02:16:04 PM »
also 99% of the reason i went through with the dormio lynch was because i thought omba's response to him looked like the actual doc, so

lol

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 02:20:32 PM »
also during night 3 i decided that omba had to be scum because dormio told us to lynch him as a bah post and that was really obviously so he could say he told us to lynch omba after omba flipped scum.

glad to see the issue resolved itself!

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 02:21:22 PM »
anyway serela is scum. no reason for omba to make that transition from serela to dormio unless his plan was already to d2 bus. quicklynch serela.

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 02:25:21 PM »
yeah i'm going back to bed but if we quickhammer serela while i'm asleep we can win this game in the next hour, it's really obvious

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2012, 02:27:13 PM »
:toot:

We're sure Shadoweh isn't scum?

Shadoweh

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 02:31:53 PM »
No, I did notice! I guess we learned Dormio is NeoSerela levels of distancing when he dies. "Maek sure u get Omba gais he is the scums."
I'm pretty sure Shadoweh isn't scum. This is def not one of her best games. she should consider a vacation cause she sux at this game.
Serela Day 3 completely forgot about how much he wanted to lynch Omba for being the scums Day 2 (he never read Omba apparently so maybe he could explain what he thought was soooo scummy in the first place?)

##Vote: Serela

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 02:33:19 PM »
##Vote Serela

My turn to sheep, then.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 02:35:11 PM »
Welcome to the Frying Pan!

Serela: huhwhat, Shadoweh, BT (3) L-1

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch. 

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 02:37:44 PM »
uhhhhh are we quick lynching serela? not that im against it.

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 02:39:39 PM »
probably

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 02:40:01 PM »
you can hammer, but only if you want to, man

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 02:42:06 PM »
still though
it's not me or you
it's very very very unlikely to be shadoweh or bt
between dan, schezo and serela we lynch the one dropping associative tells like a motherfucker

i cant sleep after i get up for mafia

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 02:44:17 PM »
I was actually fearing ITPs after the flip (before Rawr claimed the shot) but there shouldn't be any because of all the lovers and Serela is scummy now also scum. I doubt we'll be wrong and even if we are we should be leading by a lot. Whoever was doccing should be doc every game.

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 02:48:35 PM »
##vote Serela

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2012, 02:50:41 PM »
Affinity told me to do this in his absence.

HAMMER SHUTUP

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 02:52:25 PM »
Turbolynch
Serela:    huhwhat, Shadoweh, BT, Dr. Rawr (4) LYNCH

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 03:03:07 PM »
Kazuko Nakahara was mysteriously found dead in front of a TV, a smile on her face as it was paused mid-screen during episode of Saki as so.

[attach=1]

===

Serela was Kazuko Nakahara, Vanilla Townie.  He had no special abilities. 

It is now Night Four.  You have 24 hours to send me night actions.  If everyone in the game PMs me to end the night early, I will do so.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 02:53:07 AM by Affinity »

Affinity

• hoho
Re: Welcome to the NHK!! Mafia (Night Four)
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2012, 02:29:51 AM »
The leftover scent of hundreds of finished cup noodles pervaded the room, bathing a starving Tatsuhiro Satou with tantalizations bordering on hallucination.  The refrigerator started muttering to him, and so did the fan, the unopened employment magazine and the Pururin sculpture he inherited from Kaoru, nya~. 

All of these separate voices starting blending into one another, spookily leading up to a mock procession of shame and guilt, with him at the center as they crowded around him.  Leech, NEET, failure, unemployment, social burden, suicide, death, conspiracy, NHK, these words battered at his eardrums and his very being.  But when he inevitably covered his ears and shouted for them to stop, he only saw the image of Misaki Nakahara in front of him, tearing up and bathed in snow, her arms still holding up the terms of the contract as desperately and beseechingly as when they first met.

Why this insignificant echo of a memory impacted him so was unknown to him; desperately, he swept away all the thrash on the table, in search of a pen, searching for the spark he had lost under the grime of four years.  He relived every one of his school days, exciting in their ever-changing monotony; he played cards with Hitomi in the clubroom once again, rubbing his fist on Kaoru's hair in the Literature Club Room, revelling in being part of the crowd in school assembly.  Then he went back further to his childhood, and the days of baseball and carefree play, and of being bathed in the love of his parents, emitted a fragrance that made him burst into tears... 

He bolted for the door with such drowsy momentum that he unwittingly vaulted over the short hand railings of Mita House.  Fate was being kind to him when he died after failling head-first from a mere three stories, a pen in hand.

Shorter version

===

Shadoweh, Tatsuhiro Satou, Town Protaganist, was killed last night.  Due to being the emotional pivot of the game, town skips the next day in sad and unrestricted moruning.  His abilities were as follows:

• Protaganist: Rather strangely, you have come to be relied on as the emotional pivot of most of the characters in the story.  The day phase after your death will be skipped in a period of moruning, as they remember all that you have done for them.  They really, really need you.
  • Intuition: You have this feeling that some of the players have one-sided crushes on others, and are willing to die if their crush dies as well.  Something doesn?t seem right.  However, out of respect for these poor souls, you are not allowed to reveal this information to anyone else in the game until someone flips as such, or LyLO (and their psuedo-, MyLO equivalents)
  • Counselor: Despite your frequent bouts of cluelessness, you are a comforting presence to most people as they pour out their troubles to you.  Every night, you may protect another player from kill attempts.  In addition, if they have any one-sided crushes on other people, they will be removed after their life-changing encounter with you.
  • Hikkomori: Alternatively, you may hole yourself up in your room for one night in the game (as much as bills permit) and render yourself untargatable by role actions.  This will be announced in-thread.  You must PM me during the phase before you carry out this action.  You may not counsel anyone that night.  You may not do this during LyLO.

Since everyone has been online some point or another since the start of the night, I'm ending the night early... only for the game to proceed onto the next night!

It is now Night Five.  You have 24 hours to send in Night Actions.  Again, if a decent amount of people PM me, I will end the night early again.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 03:47:32 AM by Affinity »

Affinity

• hoho
Re: Welcome to the NHK!! Mafia (Night Five)
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2012, 01:15:58 PM »
The body of Hideto Nomura, the scion of the Nomura family running a chain of hospitals in Tokyo, was found dead in a dark alley that night, along with a variety of syringes stolen from the medical school.  It was believed that he died by injecting air into his arteries, which was a gruesome death in any case.  Apparently, the pressures of being a medical student, with such a huge burden on his shoulders, was too much for him.

ActionDan was Hideto Nomura, Vanilla Town.  He had no special abilities.

It is now Day Six.  With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Town is in MYLO
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 01:17:56 PM by Affinity »

BT

• I never talk to you
Re: Welcome to the NHK!! Mafia (Day Six MyLO)
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2012, 01:44:05 PM »
>finally online
>suddenly d6

Well, I wasn't online between the last two updates (:toot:), but I don't expect people to buy this clear so whatever.

We really should have had the doc claim before turbolynching. I felt okay about this because I thought HW cleared myself and Shadoweh as supergambit doc here but apparently not. >_< Now I'm paranoid. Do we no lynch?

Reading anyway.