Author Topic: Touhou YOU FAILED THINGS Thread 14  (Read 226575 times)

Re: Touhou YOU FAILED THINGS Thread 14
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2012, 02:17:03 AM »
I have apparently lost the ability to beat BoWaP. 3 deaths to Satori ended a run, then I just lost my last life to the BoWaP fairies at the end of stage 6. I can't even remember the last time I died there, or if it even happened at all.

Also, SA Stage 1 is so brutal. I consider good runs of it to be 1 miss and 3 bombs. Sigh.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2012, 04:13:07 AM »
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2012, 05:17:23 AM »
Yikes, no mistakes up until that point? That looks disheartening.

I really, really hated how that Spellcard essentially boils down to your ability to survive the last 5 seconds. The other parts range from easy to challenging, but I think I got hit roughly 4 times in the last 3 seconds when I was trying to clear it for the first time. My history isn't anywhere even remotely close to 12/69, though, that's rather awesome.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2012, 08:44:11 AM »
crap crap crap
I keep dying to stage 2 on all games
curse vsync for not working at all  :getdown:

Zirene

• Resident Planeswalker
  • Want some?
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2012, 09:00:36 AM »
Mamizou is a cheater!  She's using mind control!

This might not sound believable but I promise it happened.  I was about to capture her 2nd Spell Card "Carnivorous Danmaku Transformation" and my dog came and nudged my right arm and got me killed.  I had a perfect run and decent score going but it didn't bother me, it was not far into the fight and I just play for personal high scores.

Mamizou, stay out of my dog's head!

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2012, 11:58:34 AM »
*attempts at an Apollo 13 Lunatic timeout*

first & second attempts: death at the second wave of all things
attempts 3 through 5: death at the first wave because lol who needs focus
sixth attempt: die at 02 seconds left

^_^

« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2012, 06:03:02 PM »
I really, really hated how that Spellcard essentially boils down to your ability to survive the last 5 seconds. The other parts range from easy to challenging, but I think I got hit roughly 4 times in the last 3 seconds when I was trying to clear it for the first time. My history isn't anywhere even remotely close to 12/69, though, that's rather awesome.

The crisscrossing green bullets is the hardest part IMO

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2012, 08:59:38 PM »
Another failure to Mamizou. I'm especially peeved about Ten Transformations (I died twice in a row and RAN INTO THE DOGS ON THE SECOND DEATH). See the comment below.

"That's it. I'm fucking done with you. I am fucking sick and tired of trying as hard as I fucking can just to get to you only to have you toss me up, throw me around, and kick my face in with your stupid dogs, your retarded cats, your inane birds, your moronic frogs, AND YOUR IDIOTIC HUMANS. I HATE YOU. Have a nice day you fucking cunt ^_^"

P.S.: I'm going to play again later.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2012, 09:05:19 PM »
Another failure to Mamizou. I'm especially peeved about Ten Transformations (I died twice in a row and RAN INTO THE DOGS ON THE SECOND DEATH). See the comment below.

"That's it. I'm fucking done with you. I am fucking sick and tired of trying as hard as I fucking can just to get to you only to have you toss me up, throw me around, and kick my face in with your stupid dogs, your retarded cats, your inane birds, your moronic frogs, AND YOUR IDIOTIC HUMANS. I HATE YOU. Have a nice day you fucking cunt ^_^"

P.S.: I'm going to play again later.
Yet again, I will tell you to Shhhhhhhhh
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Dat language

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2012, 09:16:05 PM »
Yet again, I will tell you to Shhhhhhhhh
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Dat language

I've done far far worse.

Enjoy.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2012, 09:46:35 PM »
I've done far far worse.
Just chill and let it sink in, brah.
Back to topic...
Why is UFO stage 3 so harrrrd~~~
Did ZUN make the game harder than normal on purpose because it's so easy to get lives, points and bombs? A certain bro-fisting man wont stop killing me...

« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2012, 11:54:15 PM »
>1ccs MarisaB EoSD hard with two lives to spare
>Fails to 1cc ReimuB PCB normal

There's something wrong with me. And I restarted on stage 1 like at least 30 times because I was trying to enough cherry to get a border right after Cirno and Reimu is so freaking slow in this game so it's hard to gather all the falling items. THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A RELAXING, RANDOM RUN, TO CLEAR WITHOUT EFFORT, and I feel the need to get a border after Cirno to get power items when it doesn't even really matter much. Is Touhou OCD a thing?

Shhhhhhh
It's okay
Drink some barq

Holy shit. BARG'S IS ACTUALLY BARQ'S. I'VE NEVER NOTICED THAT IT'S A Q, ALWAYS THOUGHT IT'S A G. MIND = BLOWN. CHILDHOOD RUINED.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 12:09:42 AM by Star King »

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2012, 01:08:58 AM »
Holy shit. BARG'S IS ACTUALLY BARQ'S. I'VE NEVER NOTICED THAT IT'S A Q, ALWAYS THOUGHT IT'S A G. MIND = BLOWN. CHILDHOOD RUINED.

I'M WITH YOU BUDDY I'M WITH YOU :qq: GIVE ME YOUR DAMN SHOULDER I NEED TO FUCKING CRY

Enjoy.

Chuckolator

« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2012, 01:18:34 AM »
Barq's All Along master race representing

can't capture 60fps Guze Flash also representing :(
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.

Oh

« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2012, 03:41:33 AM »
I was playing EoSD extra with ReimuA, perfect until QED when Flan explodes got clipped by those ricey bullets
And then a run with MarisaB I got hit on counter clock (which TOTALLY didn't make ANY sense) and that was another 1DNB.

Maybe perfect with those two shots when I feel like it. :/

« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2012, 04:16:52 AM »
I also thought it was Barg's and could never understand why the commercial pronounced it the way it did...

Just to keep this on topic, I'm still bad at UFO.  S5 Nazrin game over.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2012, 05:15:58 AM »
I also thought it was Barg's and could never understand why the commercial pronounced it the way it did...

Just to keep this on topic, I'm still bad at UFO.  S5 Nazrin game over.

No fuck being on topic let's not bring up the fact that the same thing just happened but on Full Moon Pompolololololin

I want some fucking root beer.

Enjoy.

« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2012, 10:47:54 PM »
How you know you need to take a break from SA: When you're losing runs to Stage 2. I wouldn't have thought it possible until it actually happened..

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2012, 02:37:02 AM »
I keep on dying against Reisen in IN.

Repeatedly.

And it's not even her spellcards. It's her normal barrages. :fail:

Chuckolator

« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2012, 03:00:06 AM »
And it's not even her spellcards. It's her normal barrages. :fail:
2nd nonspell shouldn't be underestimated, it was one of the only real trouble spots when I was trying to perfect it.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2012, 03:36:41 AM »
2nd nonspell shouldn't be underestimated, it was one of the only real trouble spots when I was trying to perfect it.

Hell, it was only recently that I got past her FIRST nonspell.  :V

I do not get why she's considered a useless little bunny, even jokingly. She taught me fear. :o

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2012, 04:42:37 AM »
I can't 1cc a single game on Normal. Not even Imperishable Night. Damn all stage 4 difficulty spikes. D:<

Also damn Icicle Fall on Normal. Easy modo is easy, yes, but normal mode is just... Dang it yellow bullets, why do you have to home in like that!? DX
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2012, 08:42:41 AM »
I do not get why she's considered a useless little bunny, even jokingly. She taught me fear. :o

And sooner or later you will teach yourself approaches to all the spellcards leaving only one random dangerous attack left, that being the 2nd one. It's not unlikely that she looks hard until you get some practice in though.

« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2012, 09:13:07 AM »

Never again.
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

Jx31

• Hot Garbage
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2012, 10:09:22 AM »

Never again.

Ouch, hitting that button sucks big time.

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2012, 06:21:22 PM »

I was THIS CLOSE TO AN ULTRA LUNATIC 1CC OF THIS GAME AGHHHH  >:(

Pain will rain on you, SA.   :flamingv:

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2012, 08:12:13 PM »

Never again.
I remember when I died in Tomb Raider 2 because of this button and I cryed lol
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2012, 11:40:01 PM »
Was playing EoSD's Ultra Extra, lost after doing like 98% damage to QED. Damn, that'd be my third Ultra Extra clear. <_< (without auto-deathbombs btw)

Also, long ago when I was gonna clear PCB's Extra for the first time, I KILLED Ran, but I didn't clear because I got hit while she was blowing up and had no spare lives. Idk how I didn't really get mad at that.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 11:44:26 PM by Wriggle »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2012, 11:45:16 PM »
so much rage at Yuyuko right now.

I enter the Prismrivers 5/1, die with the bomb, then die again without using any of those bombs, enter Stage 5 3/3.  Exit Stage 5 2/3, get an extra life after Youmu (expend 1 bomb on stage and 1 on spell), enter Yuyuko 3/2.  Capture opener, die to spell, bomb it twice, capture nonspell, bomb then die the next spell, exit ghost knives 1/1.  Use it of the butterfly volcano thing, dodge the nonspell and Repository and half of her 5th spell.  Bomb once, enter Reflowering 0/2.  Bomb the first 2 red waves, dodge to 10 seconds left, die by LASER while trying to get a border.  Note that this border would have guaranteed victory had I gotten it.

2 consecutive perfect attempts at Reisen fail to Mind Stopper, go to Spell Practice, capture in 1 try, time out in 1 try.  TROLL BUNNY IS TROLL

PapillonReel

• Liquid Snake
  • I'm actually pretty patient.
« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2012, 05:15:59 AM »
I made it to Shiki with Reisen with two lives in stock, died twice with less than half an orb left on her meter, and lost my last life less than half a million points to the next extend  :colonveeplusalpha:

ALL OF MY HATE, PoFV

ALL OF IT