Author Topic: Remilia Quest  (Read 92383 times)

Re: Remilia Quest
« Reply #930 on: September 18, 2012, 02:00:13 AM »
>Weeks, months, they all go by like blips to one such as us.
>"Oh, my mistake, it was two weeks, not two months. Well, it doesn't matter so much, seeing as time flows a bit differently for people such as myself. Days blend into weeks, weeks blend into months, months blend into years, and before you know it? A full century's gone by. That's the problem with being long-lived, your grasp of time starts getting skewed."
>Nod. "As for the Oracle though, I happened to encounter her further back on my path tonight. It was thanks to her that I even know which direction to go now. Rather nice woman really, I simply must remember to invite her over for tea sometime. And perhaps find out her secret to looking as nice as she does, I do enjoy being charismatic after all."
>Smirk. "It's why I'm wearing the outfit I am now. I rarely get a chance to use it, so confronting one of my peers is as good an excuse as any to do so."
>" At any rate, she said that the Countess had made her base somewhere in the Waterfall Basin in this area."

>"And I'm helping her find it." the young man adds. "And if you ask me, Scarlet Devil, the look you're sporting now ain't bad at all, if a bit on the 'I'm gonna mess you up big time' side."
>"Scarlet Devil." the Guardian called Baraki says with some recognition. "The newest vampire. Well, newest from the outside." She visibly relaxes. "I see then that, indeed, I have no quarrel with you."
>"As for this Waterfall, I don't know of one around there, personally. But there-" She bites her tongue. The raven sitting atop the bear caws once, a very quiet sound, especially for a raven. "I know." the Guardian replies. "But assisting a vampire... It goes against my nature, and my teachings."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #931 on: September 18, 2012, 02:07:22 AM »
>Smile slightly, in a playful way. "Help, or not. It's your choice. If you wish, I can even look at your future three times. Three hairs, three questions."
>Smirk. "I may not be an oracle, but I am far better than some crone with a deck of cards."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #932 on: September 18, 2012, 02:22:26 AM »
>Smile slightly, in a playful way. "Help, or not. It's your choice. If you wish, I can even look at your future three times. Three hairs, three questions."
>Smirk. "I may not be an oracle, but I am far better than some crone with a deck of cards."

>The woman opens her mouth to reply, but her bear cuts her off with a deep bass growl. "Are you sure?" The raven caws again. "You think she'd approve?" She looks down at the ground, where a worm crawl slowly. "Now that's not fair!"
>The young man seems impressed. "That's a neat trick she's got there." he comments to you as Baraki deals with the wildlife around her. "I've seen youkai talk to one type of animal before, but never more than one like that."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #933 on: September 18, 2012, 02:30:36 AM »
>Nod. "I assume Guardians are much like the Druids of the Old World, people so highly in tune with nature itself that they can understand the will of any creature, big or small."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #934 on: September 18, 2012, 02:40:11 AM »
>Nod. "I assume Guardians are much like the Druids of the Old World, people so highly in tune with nature itself that they can understand the will of any creature, big or small."

>"Do they normally distrust vampires as much as this one did?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #935 on: September 18, 2012, 02:43:05 AM »
>Were they? Because usually, that was reserved for Hunters.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #936 on: September 18, 2012, 03:09:57 AM »
>Were they? Because usually, that was reserved for Hunters.

>The trouble that nearly all Druids have with vampires, indeed, all undead, is that they viewed your kind as as aberrations, affronts to nature. The natural world emcompases the cycle between life and death. A new life begins when another ends, and all that jazz. Undead, in their eyes, are freaks, neither living nor dead. To the kindest of druids, an undead is a twisted existance full of misery and suffering, worthy of pity, but an existance that should be granted release as quickly as possible. To the most militant, hard-hearted of Druids, all the walking dead are a blight upon the world. Druids and Hunters aiding each other is far from unheard of. In fact, one of the most feared Hunters during your 'life'time WAS an Ex-druid, called herself Barkhide. Kept the magic, lost the mercy.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #937 on: September 18, 2012, 03:15:52 AM »
>Nod. "They generally consider the undead an aberration, a thing that goes against the natural order. I remember a particularly fearsome Hunter who used to be a Druid in fact. Nasty piece of work really. Kept the magic, lost the mercy."
>Chuckle. "However, in this world, even those such as myself are a part of the natural order. It's less losing one's life, and more evolving to a higher form. Such as a Human becoming a Magician, or an Animal becoming an Animal Youkai. It's merely becoming yet another form of life."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #938 on: September 18, 2012, 04:31:49 AM »
>Nod. "They generally consider the undead an aberration, a thing that goes against the natural order. I remember a particularly fearsome Hunter who used to be a Druid in fact. Nasty piece of work really. Kept the magic, lost the mercy."
>Chuckle. "However, in this world, even those such as myself are a part of the natural order. It's less losing one's life, and more evolving to a higher form. Such as a Human becoming a Magician, or an Animal becoming an Animal Youkai. It's merely becoming yet another form of life."

>"That sounds like a good way to look at it." the young man agrees, though his expression is slightly sour. "But humans don't accept that kind of view all that often. Not often enough, anyway. Your average human's too limited in his thinking to look at magicians or vampires and not be afraid. Even Keine's afraid, and we both know she's not entirely human. She just thinks like one. I mean, sure, you get the odd exception, like me, or Marisa, but we're rare."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #939 on: September 18, 2012, 04:54:34 AM »
>Shrug. "Sad but true. It's a shame more people aren't like that. Rei herself was quite happy at the change. That's the youngling I mentioned earlier you know, she actually managed to copy my Servant Flier technique after seeing it once. A rather flawed copy, but that still demonstrates the potential she holds."
>Let's ham it up with a good laugh! "I don't often say this, but she might even surpass myself! ...With the proper training and enough time that is."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #940 on: September 18, 2012, 05:37:10 AM »
>Shrug. "Sad but true. It's a shame more people aren't like that. Rei herself was quite happy at the change. That's the youngling I mentioned earlier you know, she actually managed to copy my Servant Flier technique after seeing it once. A rather flawed copy, but that still demonstrates the potential she holds."
>Let's ham it up with a good laugh! "I don't often say this, but she might even surpass myself! ...With the proper training and enough time that is."

>"Rei?" the young man gapes. "Rei OUMI?" He whistles in surprise. "Boy, she changed her tune. I remember her from back in the village. But how'd SHE end up..." He pauses, then considers. "Well, I guess you'll learn that when we find this waterfall."
>Baraki at this point clears her throat. "Which, as it turns out, I might be able to help you with." The raven caws again, a somewhat... 'smug' tone to her voice. Which the Guardian ignores. "Assuming you, as a vampire, have no issues accepting help from one like me." The raven caws, but Baraki cuts into the sound with a defiant, "How do I know she WANTS a Guardian's help unless I ask, hm?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #941 on: September 18, 2012, 05:55:41 AM »
>Smirk. "It's entirely your choice. Follow, or don't."
>Look to the young man. "And yes, the very same. She left the village a while ago 'seeking adventure'. Well, she certainly found it two weeks ago, when she was turned. I found her a while ago today, chasing after some youkai. Poor thing was running wild at even the scent of her own blood. I had to...'discipline' her a bit. Just the usual for Gensokyo though."
>Smirk. "It was during that little escapade that she copied Servant Flier. She couldn't copy my other nonspell though, which is a shame. But just being able to copy a single technique of mine, no matter how flawed the copy was, is worth praise."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #942 on: September 18, 2012, 06:06:39 AM »
>Smirk. "It's entirely your choice. Follow, or don't."
>Look to the young man. "And yes, the very same. She left the village a while ago 'seeking adventure'. Well, she certainly found it two weeks ago, when she was turned. I found her a while ago today, chasing after some youkai. Poor thing was running wild at even the scent of her own blood. I had to...'discipline' her a bit. Just the usual for Gensokyo though."
>Smirk. "It was during that little escapade that she copied Servant Flier. She couldn't copy my other nonspell though, which is a shame. But just being able to copy a single technique of mine, no matter how flawed the copy was, is worth praise."

>"I never said anything about FOLLOWING, Scarlet." Baraki corrects you. "I have another bit of business to attend to before I go myself to investigate the return of the Countess. But I CAN point you towards some people who might know where this waterfall is. I plan on asking them myself, once I'm done here."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #943 on: September 18, 2012, 06:40:47 AM »
>Chuckle. "Very well then. Though the way you were speaking to the animals implied they meant for you to tag along."
>"At any rate, would you be so kind as to point the way?"
>Fistpalm. "Oh, and if you see a Moon Rabbit with long purple hair, point her along as well. She chose to lend her hand in aid as well."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #944 on: September 18, 2012, 06:59:34 AM »
>Chuckle. "Very well then. Though the way you were speaking to the animals implied they meant for you to tag along."
>"At any rate, would you be so kind as to point the way?"
>Fistpalm. "Oh, and if you see a Moon Rabbit with long purple hair, point her along as well. She chose to lend her hand in aid as well."

>The Guardian points her staff to your right. "There's a small Kappa village about ten miles southeast from here, on the river. They're more knowledgeable about the geography of these parts than we are. If there's a waterfall anywhere around here, I'm pretty sure they'll know about it." She pauses, then adds, "Just, try not to scare them too much. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, that you mean them no harm, either, but they're still Kappa."
>She nods. "I'll pass along the message." Rather surprisingly, then, she laughs. "A Moon Rabbit, a Human and a Vampire working together to settle a score with another Vampire? What a night."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #945 on: September 18, 2012, 07:06:31 AM »
>"Also a Kappa, a Shrine Maiden, and a Half-Ghost. It's almost like one of those fantasy novels I'd find on the Library's bookshelves."
>Chuckle a bit. "And for a brief time, a Night Sparrow and a Firefly also helped. They're currently exploring my mansion, and dealing with a termite infestation respectively."
>Then fistpalm once more. "Ah, I don't suppose you've seen a woman in green and white clothing with long red hair? Beret-looking cap, gold star on the front with the kanji for Dragon on it?"
>We aren't forgetting anyone else that was involved aside from Rei, are we?
>"Either way though, I have no reason to fight anyone who doesn't attack. If they don't fight, then they aren't worth fighting. It's simple Youkai Logic."
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:31:01 AM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #946 on: September 18, 2012, 08:27:57 AM »
>"Also a Kappa, a Shrine Maiden, and a Half-Ghost. It's almost like one of those fantasy novels I'd find on the Library's bookshelves."
>Chuckle a bit. "And for a brief time, a Night Sparrow and a Firefly also helped. They're currently exploring my mansion, and dealing with a termite infestation respectively."
>Then fistpalm once more. "Ah, I don't suppose you've seen a woman in green and white clothing with long red hair? Beret-looking cap, gold star on the front with the kanji for Dragon on it?"

>The young man claps your shoulder again. "Man, I wish I'd met you sooner!"
>Baraki shakes her head. "I can't say I've ever met anyone with that kind of hat, no. But... there IS another stranger within the grove, on the east side. If it is that woman, I assume she is a friend of yours?"

>"Either way though, I have no reason to fight anyone who doesn't attack. If they don't fight, then they aren't worth fighting. It's simple Youkai Logic."

>"My experience has lead me to think 'youkai logic' isn't quite as simple as that. But that aside, I'm glad to see we agree that meaningless battles should be avoided."

>We aren't forgetting anyone else that was involved aside from Rei, are we?

>Well, there was the entirety of the Myoren temple residents... Oh, and Kogasa is accompanying Reimu, or at least she was, when they left your mansion.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #947 on: September 18, 2012, 08:45:10 AM »
>"Well, if it is her, then that would be my Gatekeeper who left her post to deal with things herself. Does she have long red hair, and wear green and white clothing? Hmm...To make matters simpler, just have her come here."
>Sigh exasperatedly. "She's got a good heart and noble intent, dashing off like that, but who will keep my home safe in my absence? She wasn't scheduled to be off work until 2:00 anyway."
>Good help is just so hard to find... "Oh yes, I almost forgot some of the others involved in the matter. There was that Karakasa, who I presume is still with Reimu, and essentially all of the Myouren Temple. t was there I encountered the first of the Sin Spirits, Envy. Troublesome one she was, but all too easy to force out of her host. Nothing a night of bedrest won't cure for the poor girl who played host though, given how  Danmaku is nonlethal. She was another kappa you know, friend of the one out gallivanting around in her own efforts to lend a hand."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #948 on: September 18, 2012, 08:53:34 AM »
>"Well, if it is her, then that would be my Gatekeeper who left her post to deal with things herself. Does she have long red hair, and wear green and white clothing? Hmm...To make matters simpler, just have her come here."
>Sigh exasperatedly. "She's got a good heart and noble intent, dashing off like that, but who will keep my home safe in my absence? She wasn't scheduled to be off work until 2:00 anyway."

>The Guardian blinks. "Have her come HERE?" she asks incredulously. "For one, I don't know who, or even WHAT, this stranger is, only that I feel its presence. And normally, I'd let the grove tell me more before I made a move, but considering what you've told me of the Countess and the Sins, I think I should investigate myself."
>"For another, crossing this grove is not a quick trip, vampire. It can be much bigger than it looks."
>"She's got a point, Scarlet." the young man adds. "Woods here don't LOOK that big from outside, but it took me almost two days to get from one side to the other."

>Good help is just so hard to find... "Oh yes, I almost forgot some of the others involved in the matter. There was that Karakasa, who I presume is still with Reimu, and essentially all of the Myouren Temple. t was there I encountered the first of the Sin Spirits, Envy. Troublesome one she was, but all too easy to force out of her host. Nothing a night of bedrest won't cure for the poor girl who played host though, given how  Danmaku is nonlethal. She was another kappa you know, friend of the one out gallivanting around in her own efforts to lend a hand."

>The young man draws in a breath. "The Myorens? THEY'RE involved, too? Even Byakuren?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #949 on: September 18, 2012, 09:05:56 AM »
>Nod. "That they are. Largely because the first of the two major incidents involving the Sin Spirits, Envy's appearance, happened right inside the Temple Grounds. The other, Gluttony's appearance, occurred inside the Village."
>Sigh a bit. "Well, if it is Reisen, the moon rabbit I mentioned, then tell her to make for the Kappa Outpost you told me about. If it does happen to be my gatekeeper, Meiling, tell her that she's to return to the mansion at once, orders from the Scarlet Devil herself. Don't hesitate to rough her up a bit if she gets stubborn though, as she neglected her duty after all. And thus, deserves it."
>Smile a bit. "While I do care for those who serve me, and those I consider friends, sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #950 on: September 18, 2012, 10:20:37 AM »
>Nod. "That they are. Largely because the first of the two major incidents involving the Sin Spirits, Envy's appearance, happened right inside the Temple Grounds. The other, Gluttony's appearance, occurred inside the Village."

>"I'll be damned." the young man muses. "That lot'd make minced meat out of any bad guys that comes down the pike."

>Sigh a bit. "Well, if it is Reisen, the moon rabbit I mentioned, then tell her to make for the Kappa Outpost you told me about. If it does happen to be my gatekeeper, Meiling, tell her that she's to return to the mansion at once, orders from the Scarlet Devil herself. Don't hesitate to rough her up a bit if she gets stubborn though, as she neglected her duty after all. And thus, deserves it."
>Smile a bit. "While I do care for those who serve me, and those I consider friends, sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind."

>The Guardian folds her arms. "I'm not about to fight any battles I don't have to, either, Scarlet Devil. But I will pass along the message, if indeed it is your friend. Unless, of course, she is possessed, as you mentioned. You mentioned an Envy and a Sloth and a Gluttony. Did these Sins act solely on those emotions?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #951 on: September 18, 2012, 10:35:42 AM »
>"Mostly. Wrath and Greed are the more dangerous of the seven apparently, due to their power having been augmented by being released before their time. Even Envy, Sloth, and Gluttony fell prey to such things, being weaker than they usually would. There's also Lust and Pride. Personally speaking though, I'd be careful if it is Lust, I have it from Sloth herself that she is a rather...'active' one, if you understand my meaning. That extends to anyone who becomes possessed by her as well. Pride is apparently insufferably arrogant. And Wrath? The less said about it the better, even someone like myself, who enjoys a good fight every now and again, would find themselves hard-pressed against it."
>"Of the seven though, only five remain in fighting order. Envy and Gluttony sealed themselves in gems. Envy, by accident, due to attempting to escape while in a binding circle. Gluttony presumably sealed itself to go dormant until such a time as it could procure food for it's insatiable hunger. Sloth, I had the fortune of facing personally, much as with Envy before her. Although, she was a far more amicable one than the prior Sins, and is the one who provided me with not only information on the other Sins, but unintentionally provided me with a direction in which to search. For you see, unlike the previous two, I let her go. I do have my honor to think about after all. She opted to return to her base and sleep it off apparently, and in doing so, provided me with what I stated prior."

>Fistpalm. "Ah yes, it slipped my mind, young man, but I never asked your name."
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:40:04 AM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #952 on: September 18, 2012, 06:25:55 PM »
I think Pride's actually the most dangerous and Greed was the weaker one who was good at talking, right?

« Reply #953 on: September 19, 2012, 12:26:14 AM »
>"Mostly. Wrath and Greed are the more dangerous of the seven apparently, due to their power having been augmented by being released before their time. Even Envy, Sloth, and Gluttony fell prey to such things, being weaker than they usually would. There's also Lust and Pride. Personally speaking though, I'd be careful if it is Lust, I have it from Sloth herself that she is a rather...'active' one, if you understand my meaning. That extends to anyone who becomes possessed by her as well. Pride is apparently insufferably arrogant. And Wrath? The less said about it the better, even someone like myself, who enjoys a good fight every now and again, would find themselves hard-pressed against it."
>"Of the seven though, only five remain in fighting order. Envy and Gluttony sealed themselves in gems. Envy, by accident, due to attempting to escape while in a binding circle. Gluttony presumably sealed itself to go dormant until such a time as it could procure food for it's insatiable hunger. Sloth, I had the fortune of facing personally, much as with Envy before her. Although, she was a far more amicable one than the prior Sins, and is the one who provided me with not only information on the other Sins, but unintentionally provided me with a direction in which to search. For you see, unlike the previous two, I let her go. I do have my honor to think about after all. She opted to return to her base and sleep it off apparently, and in doing so, provided me with what I stated prior."

>"And they held themselves to the spellcard rules laid down by the Hakurei, or did you have to resort to older methods to battle them?"

>Fistpalm. "Ah yes, it slipped my mind, young man, but I never asked your name."

>"Ayeah, forgot that myself." the young man remarks, rubbing the back of his head with his left hand. "Musta slipped my mind in all the goin's on." With a friendly grin, he sticks out his right hand to you. "I'm Koryu. Koryu Daidouji."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #954 on: September 19, 2012, 01:31:59 AM »
(Sour, I had a feelin' it was gonna be him! XD)

>"Spellcard, as per usual for Gensokyo. Though, ever since the Endless Festivals Incident, people have been blending the two every so often, which is rather nice. The full-contact thrill of the Old Ways, with the non-lethality of the Spellcard Laws."
>Shake the his hand. "Well, I suppose you already know who I am."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #955 on: September 19, 2012, 02:53:40 AM »
(Sour, I had a feelin' it was gonna be him! XD)

>"Spellcard, as per usual for Gensokyo. Though, ever since the Endless Festivals Incident, people have been blending the two every so often, which is rather nice. The full-contact thrill of the Old Ways, with the non-lethality of the Spellcard Laws."
>Shake the his hand. "Well, I suppose you already know who I am."

He grew on me so much I couldn't NOT use him somewhere outside OtB. :P

>Baraki nods. "So long as I don't have to do any serious damage to someone that doesn't deserve it, if I don't have to." The bear growls as the raven takes off and flies up into the trees. "Yes, that too."
>"I'd like to think I know most of the big names in Gensokyo." he says proudly. "Well.... 'least I WILL, one day."

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #956 on: September 19, 2012, 03:06:04 AM »
Who is he?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #957 on: September 19, 2012, 03:17:07 AM »
(I figured as much.)

>Chuckle a bit. "Well, there's one thing I've noted. Defeating someone who's possessed generally forces the Sin Spirit out. You just need to be mindful that you don't get possessed in the doing yourself. Due to being a Vampire, I have no such worries about being hoisted by my own petard like that, but others are a different matter entirely."
>Smirk. "At any rate, keep safe would you? I'd hate to have to beat a Sin Spirit out of you dear, they tend to be almost as strong as the host, if not stronger."
>"Well, I'll leave this in your hands, Guardian. Kouryu and myself will make for the Kappa Outpost."

Also, I'm considering Wrath as one of the more dangerous due to the Berserk nature it most likely holds. Think EVA-01.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #958 on: September 19, 2012, 06:02:08 AM »
Who is he?

Kohaku's brother, from Sonae's RP.

>Chuckle a bit. "Well, there's one thing I've noted. Defeating someone who's possessed generally forces the Sin Spirit out. You just need to be mindful that you don't get possessed in the doing yourself. Due to being a Vampire, I have no such worries about being hoisted by my own petard like that, but others are a different matter entirely."
>Smirk. "At any rate, keep safe would you? I'd hate to have to beat a Sin Spirit out of you dear, they tend to be almost as strong as the host, if not stronger."
>"Well, I'll leave this in your hands, Guardian. Kouryu and myself will make for the Kappa Outpost."

>"I understand. But you don't need to worry too much about me. The forest and I are well prepared for hostile spirits."
>The grove guardian gives you a polite nod. "And you look after yourselves, as well, Scarlet Devil. Daidouji."
>Koryu grins at her. "Working with a vampire, I got no worries."
>The Guardian nods again, and jerks her head backwards to her bear. "Let's go." she says as she turns and starts to walk off. The bear, however, does not move. It seems to be giving you and Koryu the eye. Well, insomuch as a bear is capable of. The Guardian halts and turns to look at her ursine companion. "What's the matter?" The bear growls, which makes the freckled woman look rather surprised. "What??" The bear growls again. "Are you serious?" The bear 'whuffs' out a growl, making Baraki cross her arms. "Your sense of humor is weird, even for a bear, and you know it."
>After one more growl from the brown bear, Baraki sighs and looks at you with a somewhat helpless expression on her face. "I don't suppose you have some special affinity for animals beyond the ones vampires normally do, do you?"

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #959 on: September 19, 2012, 06:19:17 AM »
>Do we?