Author Topic: Anime Festival Asia 2012 - 9/10/11th November Let's go to SEA's biggest con!!  (Read 27695 times)

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
Event to be held on dates stated in Singapore.
Since most of you are not really aware that we actually have cons here and that I started both my con attendance threads in lettyjournal, I figured we can make this public.

I, with reps from SOS-dan (facebook) would like to invite attendees local and foreign to join our excursion from Malaysia to Singapore to attend Anime Festival Asia. We are hoping, with blessings from the group leader Kurokaze, to all out and try to get a huge group to bus along and go for the event.

As an attendee I should tell you how big this thing is:
http://www.animefestival.asia/afa11/about_afa.html
http://www.animefestival.asia/afa11/event_guide.html

I know the link is last year but just bear in mind each year it only gets bigger and biggerer and you have every reason to attend.
Of curse, I know it will be difficult to cross oceans and try to save enough money for some of you, some of you may even have parental issues but it is all about conviction and ability, I like to ask everyone who is all paru and jealous to why not start saving now, have 5 months or so do that and work your ass off so you can come to the event. Lets have an MOTK hang out and likewise, worry not about hotel arrangements and transports there, once you have your confirmation to attend (tickets and all), I will proceed to book a hotel within the range of walking distance at dirt cheap prices or if you prefer, at staff prices. I will book anything of your budget, even discount one nighters, but I give no security offers and I would prefer we all take a lower budget but safe hotel up as a means.

I highly suggest we aim for the high goal, hotel, air tickets, and most of all, lets take up the front of the VIP seats ftw. tickets only prices are about 350 Singapore dollars which should be a 275 USD max, and  about... 150 pounds for all 3 days, so I say it is well worth it.

I am saying that if we have enough people we can probably hold down a 20 room inn or something. Then again, I am very ambitious and there is all the more reason for us to work towards this.
So people start yer saving~

:ohdear:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 12:14:56 PM by ♛ 神崎蘭子 »
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
<Insert Obligatory 1% post>
<Insert AFA plans>

But in all seriousness for those of you who will come feel free to meet up with me and I'll give you guys a free lunch or two. Also depending on my budget remaining on AFA, I could pay for your tickets for VIP seats in concerts or whatever Iunno. Don't even know if I have enough money by end of the year.

In other news that facebook link is unaccessable.

Be warned that this is a hugeass event and (wry. Come Cosplay with me if you want. Anything Kamen Rider/Touhou related would make me stick with you for the entire con. >8V

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Greyn

• Microwaving, please wait.
  • Berninghousn
I shall see what I can do about this.

♛ Apher-Forte

I think it is inaccessable because SOS dan is by invite only.

all things considered we need a ideal cheap to stay location for the event, and it must be near because taxi fees omg.
can we get info on buses and bus schedules to the expo halls? maybe any links to the LRT/MRT stations nearby? is there a hotel spot that is near a station we can hop on and hop off? WHILE IN COSPLAY?!

I'd state how important planning is but I am sure we know how huge ass this con will be so yeah.
I should mention if we could be near to a source of cosplay gear (just in case) we should be.
If we can afford a ride by bus only that will be good too.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 07:22:07 AM by ♛ 神崎蘭子 »
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
Singapore is a small place. Everywhere is connected and we don't need taxis. Just take the train. I'll guide you guys there. And you can prolly hop on/off everything WHILE IN COSPLAY. If you don't mind stares.

Also MRTs are cheap.

ALSO PESCO IF YOU READ THIS I EXPECT YOU TO COME.

[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

♛ Apher-Forte

sweet, I am glad to see the Republic's superior public transport > Malaysia's nightmarish versions are still there.
chances are, if money becomes a problem I may have to stay at my sister's place, I'd have to take care of those damn dogs, but I guess it is a small price. Gawd I hate dogs I hope they don't eat my cosplay gear/

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
/stretch

If everything works out, I have a place you can stay in. Depends really. Don't know when the tenants are moving out though. My parents said end of the year. :|

At best, you prolly have three choices if the tenants move out in time.
1) Turquoise @ Sentosa - TOO FAR ANYWAY.
2) Farrer Park, City Square Residences - Yeah sure the MRT is like 1-minute walk away and there is enough room for around 7 people?
3) Soleli @ Sinaran - MRT is to the right of you. Much faster because this is in the middle of town and will take you around 15 minutes to reach the Convention Center. However it's a 1-room studio apartment so I guess max of 3 guys can stay in it or something. Two beds iirc. Since I'll be staying in here in two year's time don't mess it up.

Or get a hotel/hostel.

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
our transport system is getting worse and worse though...

bus > train though (although depends where lodging is i guess)

<Insert Obligatory 1% post>
<Insert AFA plans>

But in all seriousness for those of you who will come feel free to meet up with me and I'll give you guys a free lunch or two. Also depending on my budget remaining on AFA, I could pay for your tickets for VIP seats in concerts or whatever Iunno. Don't even know if I have enough money by end of the year.

In other news that facebook link is unaccessable.

Be warned that this is a hugeass event and (wry. Come Cosplay with me if you want. Anything Kamen Rider/Touhou related would make me stick with you for the entire con. >8V
hey go AFA bo jio

in all seriousness
MoTK meetup sounds nice
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
hey go AFA bo jio

in all seriousness
MoTK meetup sounds nice

Go do your project la you and your sis already coming

♛ Apher-Forte

lang kaliao 1 gang ki lor.
why so difficult

♛ Apher-Forte

Ooh, this just in, I can get myself and some of you a room to stay in at Traders Hotel Singapore.
if you are up for spending 63 SGD++ then drop me a PM so at least, after the event on Sunday, we rest in style and luxury for 1 night before heading back to wherever the hell we crawled out from. (you know, just in case the last 3 days we will be forced to sleep in a tiny box of a motel with no en suite, and unable to stretch our legs.) (OR BECAUSE ONE OF US SNORE REALLY LOUDLY)

Greyn

• Berninghousn
I assume everyone will show up in Singapore on the 8th correct?  Checking possible flights right now.

♛ Apher-Forte

yes. I will mostly arrive on an early flight into Singapore on 8th. So I can spend the whole day to prowl Orchard with any of you losers and go to Kinokuniya and maybe force one of you to a maid cafe (assuming there is a proper one now)
I also wanna try to get my hands on a NSFW figure or something. I will need the evening after dinner to prepare my cosplay for tomorrow so erp. which puts to mind something else, maybe if we want (I want to, really because SGD 63++ omg so cheap) stay at traders it should be the first night, subsequently we should stay close to the expo.

I found some but they are less than admirable.
two Hotel 81s near the Eunos station , Fragrance Hotel - listed as a sleaze hotel with hourly rates, might be AIDS for you (bringing my disinfectant spray) , and a pricey one about 200 MYR per room 2 stars, dunno if good. All are near to the Eunos station so it should be good enough.

also, I think for flights I will choose either Tiger or Air Asia or Fireflyz.
Air Asia is ugh these days but hopefully using my staff influence I can get some discounts/

you see all these girls"
http://www.facebook.com/mmkmaidcafe
they are just waiting for you at the maid cafeeeee
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 01:54:40 AM by ♛ 神崎蘭子 »

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
Say, how many from MoTK are going to be showing up? I might too, since I'm going to be in Singapore for some time.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
Me/Venappo/Pasu/AF-kun(andhisbuds)/ApharmdB(?)/Affinity(?)/AverruncusOfFate.

I prolly need to go Convince Pesco or something

Merp

I'll fly over as well if i happen to be in Shanghai or Taiwan at that time :v
Assemblage of egregious drama queens

Pixiv  Deviantart  Livestream  Art Thread

♛ Apher-Forte

sweet, with Merp here we can make LIVE COLLAB art or some shit. then we can sell it for money for the hotel stay lol.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
Merp you little douche you're supposed to give me badges because you gave Pasu and venappo sum

Greyn

• Berninghousn
I'll fly over as well if i happen to be in Shanghai or Taiwan at that time :v

Be in Shanghai around late july/early august, we can go for some Tsingtao and happy endings.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Give up YJ. I am definitely not coming by the current outlook.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
Seems good, fairly certain I can show.

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
Merp you little douche you're supposed to give me badges because you gave Pasu and venappo sum
lolo wrong person
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
MoTK meet up sounds gr8 (while I will hide behind you all ;_; )

Doubt there will be grafitti board to vandalise this year

Unless our actions last year did spur them to produce one this year...

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

♛ Apher-Forte

let's bring our own 19 feet scroll and our own calligraphy set.
best we can up one by challenging anyone to draw bishoujo with traditional ink and pen brushes.

meanwhile from last weekend's cosplay event locally: the first page and 2nd.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 05:30:12 PM by ♛ 神崎蘭子 »

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
Oh man that would be so cool but
We're not warugaki or anything

there was an event? which was it? asdfg patche

on a somewhat separate off topic note, anyone here turning up for cosfest next weekend? would you like some frei touhou stickers

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
there was an event? which was it? asdfg patche
on a somewhat separate off topic note, anyone here turning up for cosfest next weekend? would you like some frei touhou stickers

Looks like AFAMY hurrdurr

ORE SANJOU
KONNGARA DESU

♛ Apher-Forte

oh my god my passport is expired I cannot book flights wadfgasjfhgaksfjas

who do I kill to get insta-passport renewal?!!!

Merp

Be in Shanghai around late july/early august, we can go for some Tsingtao and happy endings.

I'll be in Shanghai around July 15th-23rd on business trip : v i'll see if i can escape for soem happy endings and beer.

Moving to Shanghai for work sometime in Oct or Nov, so if i do go to SG for the con it'll be last min . Can i bunk with one of you guys if i cant find a place to stay? I'll be paying my share ofc

Merp

oh my god my passport is expired I cannot book flights wadfgasjfhgaksfjas

who do I kill to get insta-passport renewal?!!!

Don't they have express passport services at dem passport offices?

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
Good luck with the meetup guys. I'd be up for it if I could make the time, which seems unlikely. Still, it's not a 0% chance for me, I'll keep it in mind.

A-F is a bro host.