Author Topic: Koishi Quest ~ To the Overworld and beyond!  (Read 56507 times)

Nekomata-chan

Re: Koishi Quest ~ To the Overworld and beyond!
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2012, 12:30:05 PM »
>Well, at least it's quiet...
>So, where's that supplies shop we ought to visit?

« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2012, 02:22:56 PM »
>Oh, right. Supplies. You might've slightly gotten ahead of yourself.
>Luckily, there's a general store fairly nearby which you have visited before. You find it in a side alley, then head on inside.
>The owner of the store is an old man. You're fairly sure he's not an oni, but you don't know what he is.
>The store itself has all kinds of stuff; groceries, dried food, bread and all kinds of assorted stuff. It also has some seemingly magic objects, but you haven't really ever used it so you wouldn't know what to do with them.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2012, 04:43:17 PM »
>Right... let's get some stuff that will last us some time, like dried food, bread and other staples.

« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2012, 07:17:34 PM »
>You buy some general stuff that'll last you a while, including a few packets of dried plums, tomatoes, raisins, as well as some bread as well as a canteen to hold some water.
>You paid the friendly old man 1500 UC for those supplies.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2012, 07:51:20 PM »
>Hey hey hey! What about dried meats?! We can't forget those!
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2012, 07:01:52 AM »
>Oh, right! Dried meat is important as well. You gotta get your irons and stuff!
>Some dried bat meat and some meat of the huge rats that live in the Underground go into your bag as well.
>This costs you an additional 500 UC. Your bag is now 3/4 of the way full.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2012, 03:15:30 PM »
I think we're ready for now, so I vote we head out.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2012, 03:18:49 PM »
Same, let's get rolling!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2012, 04:23:16 PM »
>It's probably pointless checking, but how is that egg holding up?

« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2012, 06:21:27 PM »
>It's probably pointless checking, but how is that egg holding up?

>You take a quick look at the egg. Unfortunately, nothing seems to be happening quite yet. You're not sure what's supposed to happen for it to hatch; perhaps it needs a specific something?
>With all your preparations finished, you head out for adventure!
>And with that, you once again find yourself at the crossroads you were before. A signposts says:
>SILENT SHRINE: 2000 M EAST; LETHE BRIDGE: 4000 M NORTH; ANCIENT CITY: 500 M SOUTH

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2012, 06:26:49 PM »
All for checking out the Silent Shrine guys?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2012, 07:46:44 PM »
That sounds like fun. The name sounds mysterious and adventure-packed.  :3

« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2012, 08:20:16 PM »
>You decide to go for adventure, and head towards the onimously named Silent Shrine!
>The road leading to the shrine is rocky; it doesn't seem to be used very much. You've heard stories about this shrine going out of use because of a new shrine started right in the smackdab middle of town. Since people are lazy of nature, everyone started going there (if they even went in the first place; oni worshipping gods seems odd to begin with), this shrine became ran-down and left aside.
>Whatever the history of the shrine, it might be interesting to visit.
>After a while, you reach the shrine's huge stone steps. The shrine itself is quite awe-inspiring, being a giant skyscraper-like construct hacked out of the Underground's side wall; huge, gaping holes run across the wall that seem to be windows with rooms beyond them. You can't see the entrance from here; however, with your eye, you feel an aura of enmity from the top of the stairs.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2012, 08:37:31 PM »
>"Whoa...This place is pretty cool-looking!"
>Let's look around and explore the place, carefully though.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2012, 08:38:41 PM »
>Let's try and be quiet, though. If anybody's here, we don't want to disturb them.

« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2012, 08:56:48 PM »
>"Whoa...This place is pretty cool-looking!"
>Let's look around and explore the place, carefully though.
>Let's try and be quiet, though. If anybody's here, we don't want to disturb them.
>You express your impressions of the shrine out loud for some reason, as if speaking to the egg.
>You start walking up the stairs, looking around carefully for anything out of the ordinary. Along the old stone stairs, stone lanterns are placed. Most of them seem to either be lit or have charcoal remaining inside. The stairs themselves seem remarkably clean as well.
>As you reach the top of the stairs, the aura of enmity strongens, until it suddenly disappears.
>You can now fully view the shrine. In front of the entrance, there is a pool of water, with a circle of statues inside it. The statues are ones of Izanami, Izanagi, Amaterasu and Tsukiyomi in a circle around a statue of a woman with a flame in one hand and a katana in the other. A stake has seems to be impaled through her head.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2012, 08:59:47 PM »
>Oh.. what a... nice... statue...

>Let's see if the shrine is open.
>>If it is, enter and look for any sign of someone [remaining polite, of course].

« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2012, 09:12:53 PM »
>That's slightly... disturbing.

>The shrine is open. That is to say, there is no door, only an entryway which consists of an empty doorway.
>Before you can take another step, however, you are greeted by a pair of katanas crossing eachother just short of your throat.
>A humble, yet resolute voice speaks to you:" Halt! Who are you, and what is your business here at the Shrine of Acala?"

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2012, 01:52:21 AM »
>Pause
>"...Who's Acala?"

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2012, 01:53:13 AM »
"And who're you?"
Remember to ask in a carefree curious manner.

« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2012, 08:54:52 AM »
>Pause
>"...Who's Acala?"
>You stop moving for a second
>"Fool! You come here not knowing even the name of the great unmovable one? You might know him better as Fudou-Myouou; the steadfast king of wisdom. His fire shall burn away all of your earthly desires, and you shall become pure and reach Nirvana!"
"And who're you?"
Remember to ask in a carefree curious manner.
>You ask the person's name frivolously. You feel her determination waver, if only for a second.
>"My... name? I have none. I am but the attendant of Fudou-Myouou and the priestess of his shrine."

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2012, 11:29:28 AM »
>Okay, we can be diplomatic and well-mannered here. Don't lose our cool.
>"I'm sorry. I was just on an adventure, and I came to visit... sorry if I disturbed or bothered you..!"

« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2012, 12:15:42 PM »
>You can talk your way out of this, can't you?
>Otherwise... you might have to resort to... more drastic measures.
>"Adventure? Visit? This is a shrine, unenlightened one! What kind of adventure did you expect to find here?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2012, 03:09:32 PM »
>"Well, with a name like 'Silent Shrine' on the signpost over at the crossroads, I thought this place was abandoned. So I figured I'd explore, see what's here, and stuff. Abandoned places make for great adventures y'know!"
>Smile cheerfully. "Because you never know what you'll find! Ancient texts, old weapons, or even kinda-creepy-but-neat statues!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2012, 04:04:07 PM »
>"Silent Shrine? Those blasphemous oni, forgetting even their roots..."
>The woman slowly retracts her swords and walks around to face you.
>When she does, however, your eye detects a great amount of fear overflowing from her.
>"You... are a satori, are you not? A mind-reader?" the woman asks fearfully.
>Now that she is in front of you, you can finally see your assailant. To your surprise, the woman bears a striking resemblance to the central statue; she wears the same clothing that look like shrine maiden's clothes especially made for swordfighting and she also has an iron... object impaled into her head, with a single drop of blood hanging from the far end.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2012, 04:25:22 PM »
>Blink a few times. "Well yeah, but I don't like that mindreading business, big sis was hated for it back in the old days. And I didn't want to end up in the same problem, so I closed mine."
>Grin. "But since I can't read minds anymore, I can read the subconscious now~! ...You're a bit scared, huh?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2012, 04:55:58 PM »
"Do you have a sacred fire? I've read about those.."
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2012, 05:25:58 PM »
>Blink a few times. "Well yeah, but I don't like that mindreading business, big sis was hated for it back in the old days. And I didn't want to end up in the same problem, so I closed mine."
>Grin. "But since I can't read minds anymore, I can read the subconscious now~! ...You're a bit scared, huh?
>"You closed your eye... and it allowed you to read one's subconscious? How... unusual."
>The woman tries to stay stoic, but the wavering of her subconscious is as clear as blue skies to you.
"Do you have a sacred fire? I've read about those.."
>"A sacred fire? But of course we do; it is but the sacred treasure kept in this temple. But for you to know about that... It really is strange, to be forgotten by oni but to be remembered by satori. It really has been some while since I last spoke to a living being.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2012, 05:43:35 PM »
>Blink a few times, then stare at the spike. "I read that they're pretty standard fare for shrines. But I guess the ones aboveground might not have them? I was gonna head up there later anyways~!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2012, 06:13:25 PM »
>You blink a few times, then stare at the spike. The drip of blood slowly disconnects from the spike, then drops to the ground. Spooky.
>"Do not mistake Fudou-Myouou's sacred flame for a mere fire burning in a shrine aboveground, young satori. This flame is the Flame of Wisdom; gifted to us by the Five Lords of Wisdom themselves at the start of the universe. Since then, His attendants have been keeping it burning. It is a sacred task that is only gifted to purehearted and strongwilled individuals and I will not allow you to continue making fun of it."
>The woman (Priestess? Attendant? Spike-lady?) readies her two swords as a warning.