Author Topic: Rumia Quest II: Widening Darkness [Complete]  (Read 31122 times)

Re: Rumia Quest II: Widening Darkness
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2012, 07:45:41 PM »
>"Who are the half-ghost and Gap Hag?"

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2012, 08:29:19 PM »
>"And why would they stalk you? Do they have a crush on you?"
>Innocent head-tilt.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2012, 09:58:23 PM »
>"Who are the half-ghost and Gap Hag?"

>"And why would they stalk you? Do they have a crush on you?"
>Innocent head-tilt.

> Sakuya looks mildly irritated, but answers anyway. "The 'Gap Hag' is Yukari Yakumo, only the creator of Gensokyo, and pretty much the most powerful being here, well, maybe the Oni, Kanako or Suwako could hold a candle to her, being either near-gods or actual gods, but she's surely the strongest Youkai. She can manipulate boundries, and likes to toy with people, and use them to do her bidding. She could have an interest in anyone. Ask the Hakurei Maiden if you want to know more, she's the cloest to Yukari."

> Sakuya pauses. "The Half-Ghost is Youmu Konpaku. Remember that long winter? That was because she stole the essence of spring, she's arguably a better theif than Marisa, although isn't compulsive like her, and pretty fast in short bursts, she can even keep up with Aya over short distances apparently. She dosen't actually live in Gensokyo most of the time, although she could have a grudge against me, seeing as I helped stop the incident her and her mistress were behind."

> Suddenly, you see three knifes appear a few meters away, and are deflected by something... before vanishing. There's certainly something there, although you get the feeling inside your head that there isn't as well.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2012, 10:12:32 PM »
>Weird.
>Spam danmaku at the general area the knives bounced away from.
>If the danmaku suddenly stops somewhere, tackle-glomp that spot and don't let go.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2012, 11:07:41 PM »
>Weird.
>Spam danmaku at the general area the knives bounced away from.
>If the danmaku suddenly stops somewhere, tackle-glomp that spot and don't let go.

> Indeed
> You spam damnaku, but the danmaku is countered by a shower of small, green danmaku, but only enough to stop your attack, it seems.
> You then rush in and Tackle-Glomp where the danmaku came from. Yep, certainly something there.

> You feel funny for a moment, and then you can see what you were glomping. It's a young-looking girl, with white hair, a weird black hat, a yellow shirt, and a green skirt. There's also a blue cord around her with an orb on it.

> "Uuuu... how did you know I was here?" she says.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2012, 12:13:07 AM »
>"Heehee, caught you!"
>"Sakuya has really good stalker senses!"
>Maybe that's how she always knows when Meiling is asleep.
>"I'm Rumia, who are you?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2012, 07:30:47 AM »
>"Heehee, caught you!"
>"Sakuya has really good stalker senses!"
>Maybe that's how she always knows when Meiling is asleep.
>"I'm Rumia, who are you?"

> "Maybe it wasn't her subconcious that noticed me..." the stranger said.

> You see a knife narrowly fly past the back of your head. You lose a bit of hair. "Stalker senses?" you hear her say.

> "I'm Koishi Satori. My home's underground but I don't really care that us undergrounders tend to stay underground, so I spend a lot of time up here, or anywhere. Not like I'm usually noticed."

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2012, 11:57:29 AM »
>"From the underground? Cool!"

(OOC: Hate to be pedantic, but isn't her name Koishi Komeiji instead of Koishi Satori? Or have I fallen into a deliberate trap?)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2012, 01:55:23 PM »
>"From the underground? Cool!"

(OOC: Hate to be pedantic, but isn't her name Koishi Komeiji instead of Koishi Satori? Or have I fallen into a deliberate trap?)

(Koishi isn't telling the truth, she's afraid of the reaction she might get if Rumia knows she's related to Satori Komeiji. Of course, she's not *that* bright, her own power being based on the subconcious instead of the concious mind dosen't help, and gave her last name as Satori. Which is the species people hate. Basically, she gave something on the forefront of her subconcious fears.)

> "Eh, it's not that cool. I find it better up here. And it's pretty warm down there, to be honest."

> Sakuya looks puzzled at the spot where you are. So does Kogasa.

> "Say Rumia? Whoya talking to?" Kogasa asks.

> "I know she's not smart... but I still get the feeling she is actually talking to someone. I just can't see them." Sakuya says.

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2012, 10:20:23 PM »
>"I'm talking to Koishi, can't you see her?"
>Turn to Koishi "How come I'm the only one who can see you? Or hear you?"

>...Wait a minute.

>"I'm not stupid! I'm just learning."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2012, 08:17:27 AM »
>"I'm talking to Koishi, can't you see her?"
>Turn to Koishi "How come I'm the only one who can see you? Or hear you?"

>...Wait a minute.

>"I'm not stupid! I'm just learning."

> "Who's Koishi?" Sakuya says.

> "Oh, I have power over the subconcious, so all my actions take place in people's subconcious, not their concious minds, unless I let them conciously notice me. I didn't let those two. Sorry!" Koishi said, before Sakuya and Kogasa suddenly blinked a few times.

> "Wait, so they were invisible or something?" Kogasa asked.

> Sakuya dosen't answer. Instead, she draws knives. "I know these creatures from Patchouli's books, the ones with the third eye... the Satori. You're not welcome here!" Sakuya warned. Her eyes had turned red.

> Koishi looks rather calm about the predicament, but sad at the same time. "This is why I hide in people's subconcious realms.".

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2012, 09:27:04 AM »
>"Oh? That's so cool!"
>"A Satori? What's that? Anyway, drawing knives on someone for no reason isn't very nice, you hurt Koishi's feelings."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2012, 10:14:08 AM »
>"Oh? That's so cool!"
>"A Satori? What's that? Anyway, drawing knives on someone for no reason isn't very nice, you hurt Koishi's feelings."

> Everyone ignores your cry about things being cool. The situation is too tense.

> Except for Kogasa, who just shrugs, unsure.

> "A Satori is the most hated lifeform in Gensokyo. They can read the minds of people, and can even manipulate thoughts and feelings of others if they are so inclined. Worst of all is that they're not afraid of making it clear that they know what you're thinking, no, worse than that, THEY'RE PROUD OF IT, and love reminding you every moment. You can't hide anything from them, even your danmaku. There is no privacy from a Satori, and the last thing my Mistress wants is some vile Youkai peering in her brain. It's the last thing I want too."

> Thirty knives suddenly appear around Koishi at close range, but Koishi unleashes a hail of danmaku to knock them away. Sakuya looks annoyed at this development, while Koishi's expression is unchanged. She looks at Meiling, however. You had to back away from Koishi to escape.

> Sakuya appears behind Koishi, knives in hand, the sudden teleportations making it clear she's using her time manipulation. Koishi dodges the stabbing attempt, however.

> "It won't work. You subconciously map out your attacks. I can read them like a book." Koishi said. Her and Sakuya have swapped poisions.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:15:58 AM by Raikaria »

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2012, 08:14:23 PM »
>"Umm....how is that worse than eating people, or drinking their blood, or scamming them, or freezing them, or stabbing them, or beating them up....or everything else?"
>Is mind-reading that scary? We used to eat people. And Reimu and Sakuya are way scarier than Koishi.

>".....Right now, you're a bit scarier than she is...."
>We nearly got stabbed there, and knives hurt.
>"Isn't it fine if we just stay outside?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2012, 10:42:46 PM »
>"Umm....how is that worse than eating people, or drinking their blood, or scamming them, or freezing them, or stabbing them, or beating them up....or everything else?"
>Is mind-reading that scary? We used to eat people. And Reimu and Sakuya are way scarier than Koishi.

>".....Right now, you're a bit scarier than she is...."
>We nearly got stabbed there, and knives hurt.
>"Isn't it fine if we just stay outside?"

> Sakuya completely ignores you.

> You don't think so, but mind-reading isn't something you need to worry much about. You decide humans find different stuff scary to Youkai. Maybe you should check with Kogasa, Cirno, Mystcia and Wriggle at some point to see if they agree.

> Again, Sakuya ignores you.

> Yes, knives hurt.

> "I don't want to have to babysit you and your blue pal while fighting her!" Sakuya said, before gasping.

> Meling had lumbered up, and had basically body-slammed Sakuya to the ground. She was still snoring too, so clearly hadn't woke up. Sakuya couldn't move with the gatekeeper on top of her, but the look in her eyes could probobly kill.

> Koishi looked more upset now then when Sakuya insulted her race.  "I didn't want to have to do that... but I don't want to have to hurt you... so I had to!" she said, sounding worried for the first time.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:48:07 PM by Raikaria »

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2012, 12:36:01 AM »
>I think we should go now.
>"UmmitwasnicevisitingbutwehavetogofindCirnobyeSakuya!"
>Grab Koishi and Kogasa and fly away!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2012, 09:29:37 AM »
>I think we should go now.
>"UmmitwasnicevisitingbutwehavetogofindCirnobyeSakuya!"
>Grab Koishi and Kogasa and fly away!

> Might be a good idea.

> "Waaaa...." Kogasa says.

> You grab Kogasa, and also grab Koishi, before flying away.

> Koishi still looks upset as you fly over the lake. You see Wriggle and Mystcia flying towards you, looking worried.

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2012, 09:01:11 PM »
>Stop once we reach the other side of the lake.
>"SakuyacameoutandstabbedMeilingthenherstalkersensespickedupsomeonesoIglompedthemanditturnedouttobeKoishiandSakuyatriedtostabherbecauseshe'saSatorithenKoishidroppedMeilingonherandSakuya'sgoingtoknifeus!!!"
> Panic.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2012, 11:01:11 PM »
>Stop once we reach the other side of the lake.
>"SakuyacameoutandstabbedMeilingthenherstalkersensespickedupsomeonesoIglompedthemanditturnedouttobeKoishiandSakuyatriedtostabherbecauseshe'saSatorithenMeilingfellonherandSakuya'sgoingtoknifeus!!!"
> Panic.

> Wriggle and Mystica follow you. Cirno is nowhere to be seen, so you guess Meiling killed her and she's in Limbo and will respawn soon.

> You don't know Koishi made Meiling do what she did, so I adjusted the quote.

> "She didn't fall on her. I manipulated her subconcious, especially easy because she was unconcious, to pin her down." Koishi explained. Wriggle and Mystica look confused by that statement.

> "I don't think she's gonna knife us Rumia, she only threatened us because she thought we were in the way!" Kogasa said, before her face fell.

> Kogasa points, looking scared behind you, and Wriggle and Mystica also look scared. Koishi dosen't seem too bothered.

> Sakuya is flying over the lake, heading directly for Koishi. You can practically feel her bloodlust.

> "I thought she only wanted to chase me away..." Koishi said.

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2012, 12:23:06 AM »
>"Run away!"
>Grab Koishi and fly into the forest.
>Do we know anyone that likes us and can stop Sakuya from knifing us?
>How far can we spread our darkness?
>"Koishi, can you turn invisible to Sakuya again?"

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2012, 12:59:37 AM »
>"And can you turn me invisible, too?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2012, 08:12:10 AM »
>"Run away!"
>Grab Koishi and fly into the forest.
>Do we know anyone that likes us and can stop Sakuya from knifing us?
>How far can we spread our darkness?
>"Koishi, can you turn invisible to Sakuya again?"

> Good idea!

> You grab Koishi and fly into the forest. Wriggle, Mystcia and Kogasa all follow.

> The one that comes to mind instantly is Reimu, although she dosen't exactly like you, she has stopped her 'attack on sight' policy she had before, and would probobly have to help if Sakuya was attacking someone in her shrine.

> You can spread it up to about 100m away from you, although you cannot cover the whole area.

> Koishi shakes her head. "Her concious mind already knows I'm here. Making her subconcious not register me won't change that."

>"And can you turn me invisible, too?"

> "I guess if we can shake her so she dosen't know where we are it might work, and yes, I can make her not see you too."

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2012, 09:37:30 AM »
>"Would it work if she couldn't see us and only tell the general area? Like if we all got wrapped up in darkness?"
>Fly towards the shrine while using the forest for cover.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2012, 11:47:18 AM »
>"Would it work if she couldn't see us and only tell the general area? Like if we all got wrapped up in darkness?"
>Fly towards the shrine while using the forest for cover.

> "She was able to tell I was around even when she didn't know at all. If she knew the general area there's no way we'd go unnoticed."

> You suggest to head to the Hakurei Shrine, and everyone starts heading there. Sakuys is slowly gaining, even though she isn't as good at moving through the forest as you, Wriggle and Mystcia, she's just plain faster, and you have Kogasa and Koishi with you too, although the former seems surpriseingly agile in the forest.

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2012, 10:24:20 PM »
>In the forest, are we fast enough to keep close enough to Sakuya to keep her in our darkness? At least for a few minutes?
>If yes, "I think I can fix that. Everyone, stay with Koishi and head for the shrine; I'll stay back and trap Sakuya in my darkness. If everyone changes direction afterwards, Sakuya won't have a clue where you went so your invisibility should work!"
>"You'll have to vanish as soon as I spread darkness around her though, otherwise she'll stop time. Good luck!"
>Suddenly change direction and fly towards Sakuya, wrapping the area in darkness as soon as we're close enough to catch her and strip her sight. Hopefully she likes us just enough to not kill us.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2012, 10:43:37 PM »
>In the forest, are we fast enough to keep close enough to Sakuya to keep her in our darkness? At least for a few minutes?
>If yes, "I think I can fix that. Everyone, stay with Koishi and head for the shrine; I'll stay back and trap Sakuya in my darkness. If everyone changes direction afterwards, Sakuya won't have a clue where you went so your invisibility should work!"
>"You'll have to vanish as soon as I spread darkness around her though, otherwise she'll stop time. Good luck!"
>Suddenly change direction and fly towards Sakuya, wrapping the area in darkness as soon as we're close enough to catch her and strip her sight. Hopefully she likes us just enough to not kill us.

> The issue isn't getting close to Sakuya, it's staying out of knife range once you're that close.

> Still, you announce your plan, and fly towards Sakuya, expanding your orb of darkness, before enveloping the angry maid.

> As soon as she's covered in darkness, she vanishes, and you hear the tell-tale sound of knifes flying through the air... coming from behind you. Sakuya must have used her time powers to skip over your shadowed area.

« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2012, 11:22:47 PM »
>Good thing we can see in our darkness now
>Turn around and chase after her, dodging and using danmaku to stop the knives. She can't aim that well if she can't see where in the darkness bubble we are.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2012, 08:06:00 AM »
>Good thing we can see in our darkness now
>Turn around and chase after her, dodging and using danmaku to stop the knives. She can't aim that well if she can't see where in the darkness bubble we are.

> Indeed, you'd have crashed into a tree long ago otherwise!

> You end up evadeing most of the knives, although you do have to danmaku one away. However, you can't catch up with Sakuya, unless something slows her down, or you speed up somehow.

« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2012, 08:11:25 AM »
>Can't be helped then; aim danmaku at Sakuya and try to destroy the tree branches in front of her to force her to dodge.
>Try to spread our darkness forward more to catch up to her to strip her sight as well.
>Can we move about while our spellcards are active?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2012, 02:52:31 PM »
>Can't be helped then; aim danmaku at Sakuya and try to destroy the tree branches in front of her to force her to dodge.
>Try to spread our darkness forward more to catch up to her to strip her sight as well.
>Can we move about while our spellcards are active?

> You fire some nonspell damnaku ahead of Sakuya, if there's one thing your nonspells can be it's speedy, if not dense. Sakuya is slowed down a bit dodgeing the larger fallling branches.

> You can't reach her, nor can you do that so easily when using danmaku

> When using a spellcard, you can't move as fast, this is a near universal rule, with the exception of speed-based cards, because your energy is directed to the card. Speed drop depends on the power of the card, with Night Bird being your most manuverable, while your newest card is near stationary. Pretty much the only exceptions to these rules are cards like Illusionary Dominance, Fantasy Seal -Blink-, Marisa's Comet spells, and Youmu's spells [Although you don't know Youmu]