Author Topic: PatchCon Moved, Failing to Work  (Read 3773 times)

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
PatchCon Moved, Failing to Work
« on: July 23, 2009, 08:25:19 AM »
I had PatchCon successfully working on the tower computer our family shares, but when I tried to move it onto my laptop, it says that it is missing a file -- d3dx9_33.dll -- and cannot work . . . and that re-installing might fix the problem.

Only problem is I got it off of google back when it was running. Does anyone know how I can get around this or possibly find the d3dx9_33.dll file, either on the web or in the old tower?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 08:41:12 AM by M. Burusu »
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: PatchCon Moved, Failing to Work
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 08:30:49 AM »
http://www.google.com/

You have to do this with most every Touhou game, so yeah. It's an easy download.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 08:42:21 AM »
http://www.google.com/

You have to do this with most every Touhou game, so yeah. It's an easy download.

Thank you very much for tossing me into the information superhighway showing me where to look.

I kid; thanks for the tip.

EDIT: Downloaded, fixed, and I am a happy individual; as we speak, I am reclaiming my former glory ("Meirins are Kicking Ass . . . ").
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 08:46:02 AM by M. Burusu »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 10:23:20 AM »
Did you install also the english patch?

Meiling, Reisen, Tewi, Yuyuko, Suwako = win. (Well just a personal taste for teams)

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 11:28:56 AM »
Did you install also the english patch?

Meiling, Reisen, Tewi, Yuyuko, Suwako = win. (Well just a personal taste for teams)

No, no I hadn't.

As for team, seeing as you shared yours: Meirin, Flandre, Youmu, Sikieiki, Remilia.

YOUMU IS A BEAST.