Author Topic: The Complex of Horrors! (RP Thread)  (Read 72657 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: The Complex of Horrors! (RP Thread)
« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2009, 08:10:32 PM »
There is indeed a smudge there. How embarrassing!

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2009, 10:39:41 AM »
"D-damn."

Rou-R-KAN-1's face turns red for an instant as he stands up and wipes at the stain.

"M-Many thanks, Happiness Officer. I briefly forgot that Communist dirt was more resistant than regular dirt. Hopefully the flag will trip properly this time..."

Rabbit

• Red Tenshi
  • 3x More Touhou
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2009, 06:33:59 PM »
"Yaaaaaahoooo!"

Jamie--R-SWH-1 punches the air as he enters.

"Heeeeere's Jamie!  Are we all ready to get going?"

He almost tries to use the Voice of the Computer like a person [in our world] would use a megaphone but catches himself just in time.  Killing off fellow troubleshooters is treason after all.

(OOC: I honestly can't think of anything else to do.  Somehow, I'm not feeling the "being good at RPing Paranoia" vibes flowing here...)
Too much of a good thing, and it is no longer good.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2009, 09:19:59 PM »
(Salright. S'long's you're here. =])

The appointed time comes. From within the flybot, a gravelly, staticy, monotone voice that sounds similar to an electronic larynx says, "Alright, guys, it's time to take off. Let's get going before the traffic gets too bad. Ha. Ha. Ha."

The team boards the flybot, seeking out decent seats and buckling themselves in. There are far too many vidshows about people who haven't buckled themselves in to think otherwise. The flybot gently lifts from the ground, and soars out of the hanger. Glancing through the windows, you can see the sector whizzing by outside.

"By the way my name's YYM," says on the staticy flybot, "You'd be surprised how many people never bother to learn my name. It's a little unfair don't you think. I mean I have to learn your names but no one seems to bother to remember mine after they board. Don't worry I'm not mad at you. You've been polite. One time I had a traitor from Death Leopard board me. He kept spray painting butts all over my monitors. You have no idea how mad that made me. But he got his. A troubleshooter turned him into fine mist all over my left console bank. Ha. Ha. Ha. It's a joke do you get it. Spraypaint. Mist. Ha. Ha. I should send these in to the central joke database don't you think."

Glancing out the window, one can see that the complex is really speeding past now, buildings are blurring together. Then the flybot's interior darkens as it enters a transit tunnel. It seems like there is a single light running along the tunnel, but if you squint you can tell that they are actually spaced quite far apart.

"But really I hated that guy. It took weeks for someone to notice the butt he sprayed on my tertiary monitor in Reflect-U paint. It was so embarrassing. I would try to draw attention to it but no one would be able to pick up the hint. Can you imagine what it is like to say 'Some traitor painted a butt on my monitor but you cannot see it unless you look at it just right'. Well I suppose it served Wrig-G-LLE-3 right in the end. You see I had to learn his name. But he never really bothered to learn mine. Just the moment no one was looking he brought the spray paint out and started vandalizing me. How he got into IntSec enforcement I'll never know. It just goes to show you that there are traitors everywhere doesn't it."

The flybot lurches a little as it makes a turn. Every now and again, you feel it shake a little bit. After a few times, some of the brighter sparks in the group are able to determine that is the result of passing another flybot; they seem to be going by too fast for anyone's eyes to really register.

"Death Leopards are really quite a pain you know. But one time this traitor who was part of Pro-Tech tried to steal me. It was very embarrassing. You see I don't have external controls. You would think he would know that if he was such a technophile that he would commit treason over it. But no. He was just trying to find the joystick he called it. Ha. Like I would have one of those. By the time IntSec caught him he was trying to mess with my central commands. Ha. As though fleshy vat slime like him could hope to mess with my code."

Looking out the window now, one can see that the lights which had previously merged together now seem to be passing by more slowly, but in the wrong direction, as though they were traveling in the same direction as you were.

"But sometimes I get good passengers you know. One time about three monthcycles ago, Yoh-O-MOU-2 rode in me. She was nice enough to vacuum up after she spilled packing foam all over the place. It is a shame she never finished. She got shot with a FreezyBuddy and shattered into a million pieces. And they melted before someone cleaned them up. Do you have any idea how gross that is. Having people pieces on your floor. I think I figured out what wanting to vomit felt like that daycycle. I hope they catch that Hag-G-ARR-3 and give him the business."

Looking outside, the lights in the tunnel are starting to blend together again, but this time in the same direction that the flybot is traveling.

"Hey have you ever watched 'That's My Troubleshooter'. I was in that last yearcycle. Yeah I'm a star. They even interviewed me. It was the episode about when Grumpy-O-MAN-3 saved Alpha Complex from Ranger-G-ORD-1's attempt to cover Sector YEK in some kind of super-powered strain of vat slime. They never asked me what I thou-Hello, Loyal Citizens!"

The Computer's voice booms from YYM's speakers. Then, as one, all of the monitors in the flybot, including the windows, flicker out and resolve themselves into The Computer's Eye. Things are silent for a second as the multitude of eyes look in every which direction.

"I'm so pleased to see all eight of you made it today!" It continues after that moment of silence. "It's absolutely inspiring to see troubleshooters so punctual and eager to serve! If only all of Alpha Complex could learn from such a sterling example... But alas, someday. For now, I bet you're just brimming with eagerness to get on with your fun, exciting, and completely radiation free mission for today! And wow is it going to be a big one! You'll be at Sector TOH for a few days most likely, but worry not loyal citizens! I personally took the precaution of including supplies stored FunPlastic containers so that you won't starve or dehydrate or be embarrassingly dirty. Be sure to make good and correctly efficient use of them, accounting for each expenditure accurately! I'll be expecting great things of you, but I know in my heart that you can do it! Loyalty citizens, I believe in you! We simply can't leave this menace unchecked."

And with that, the Computer's eye fades from the monitors and window screens. "-ght about Grumpy-O-MAN-3. He seemed nice enough but you know-oh we're here. Funny how that creeps up on you. Ha. Ha. Ha."

The ballet of lights outside the tunnel suddenly scrambles to a halt as you feel the flybot decelerating. "You aren't that bad of a group I should say," YYM says as it slows. "But perhaps we'll get to know each other since I am ordered to stay here until the mission is done."

Then it opens the hatch, allowing the group to go free.

Outside the flybot, you find yourself in fairly wide hall, easily large enough to serve as a major thoroughfare if it were designated correctly. About a hundred yards ahead of you, you can see a large metallic structure, looking oddly similar to a cone-shaped bunker. It seems to be about sixty or so feet tall at its top, and about 200 or so yards across. On top of it, you can see a number of boxy machines, probably air-cyclers, that seem to be arranged in some kind of pattern; just barely missing the ceiling of the sector. It is clearly quite old, for the metal has some discoloration here and there. As well, you can see old debris dotting the bunker's sloping roof. The north part of the bunker, which faces you and the flybot, seems to have collapsed in or been attacked as it is simply a twenty-foot high pile of wreckage and debris.

(And now, we begin for reals. Good luck, guys. And again, I am so, so sorry.)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2009, 01:36:24 AM »
(Rou-R-KAN-1 sheds a single tear at the tragic tale of Yoh-O-MOU-2.)

"Wow, this place is pretty terrible. Just look at all this dust and rubble lying around. I'd do something about it but, well, it'd be a bad flag to trip if the Hygiene Officer got contaminated with something, wouldn't it?"

Rou-R-KAN-1 looks at his team leader expectantly.

"You have that big sword of yours, right? Think it can cut us a way open? I'll polish it for you after you're done, obviously..."

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2009, 03:16:49 AM »
Zengar turns to Rou-R-KAN-1.
"I'd do it gladly, but you see, this is a Monofilament sword. While it's capable of cutting through any communist scum, it's very fragile when trying to slash anything particularly solid. Specially walls. It may even break, and well, you know, breaking your equipment, even ig you bought it yourself, is outright treason."
Then, he faces the wall.
"Now that I think it, maybe it's time to see how well can the DoorMarkerPlusPlus work in this."

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2009, 09:44:44 AM »
"Of course! How could I forget the DMPP!?"

Roukan lifts the rifle from his back, weighing it in his hands. He seems guilty about leaving fingerprints on it as he aims.

"...Hm, but which wall do we pick? We don't know how thick a wall this sort of thing can penetrate, and if we're wrong it could a painful bad end stuck inside a rock or something. This might be too technical a job for a hygiene officer..."

He pulls out a small cloth and rubs at the marks his finger left on the gun, before cautiously offering it to Ginger-R-UYT-1.

"You were wanting to use this gun earlier, weren't you? Odds are you'll probably be better with it than I am, anyway."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2009, 10:10:46 AM »
(When you decide to try the gun, be sure to tell me exactly where you are aiming. The north side is collapsed in, running about 200 feet across and about twenty feet up. The rest of it are smooth expanses about running up to the top; the west and east faces seem to be about 300 or so feet long.)

« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2009, 07:23:18 AM »
Ginger-R-UYT-1 takes the DoorMarkerPlusPlus without so much as a second glance at the Hygiene Officer. After studying the expanse of wall for a short bit, decides to fire at a discolored portion of the western wall.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2009, 07:29:38 AM »
Ginger pulls the trigger...and not a whole lot happens. No shot, no gates opening in the side of the structure. Nothing.

« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2009, 08:08:15 AM »
Ginger pulls out the power pack from the DoorMarkerPlusPlus and signals Nietz-R-PHD-1 to have a look.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2009, 11:38:34 AM »
"...Oh, no..."

Rou looks at Ginger-R-UYT-1 with an expression of terror.

"...You didn't...I only gave it to you for a few seconds...what did you do to it?!"

He grabs back the shell of the DM++, cradling it in his arms like a child.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2009, 03:48:54 PM »
"For the love of all that is good, it failed already? God..."
Zengar then watches Rou-R-KAN-1 treating the power pack like a dead newborn, while scratching his chin.
"Ok... Maybe we can blast the weaker-looking side with the Nev-R-Break. What do you think, Nietz-R-PHD-1?"

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2009, 10:48:03 PM »
Leans and inspects the DM++ and its power pack while scratching his mustache.

"Hmm, let's zee vat zis little baby haz to tell me..."

Opens toolbox...

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2009, 01:15:16 AM »
After some minutes.

Looks up and puts tools down.

"By mee muztache, I can't zee anyfhing wrong wif ze components. If this iz a Kommunist sabotage, it is a razher insidious one... But then again, vasn't it suppozed to make holes in valls? Vat if that vas a solid block?

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2009, 03:21:21 AM »
Zengar again ponders the situation.
"...Then if that's the case, we would gain nothing from breaking this, and we've been either fooled by ourselves, or... set up."

« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2009, 07:38:13 AM »
Ginger begins walking up and down the western wall, knocking loudly at various intervals, and listening for echoes.

Rabbit

• Red Tenshi
  • 3x More Touhou
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2009, 05:25:12 AM »
Jamie moves to a point where he can observe the air recyclers better and looks at the pattern to see if there is anything significant about it.
Too much of a good thing, and it is no longer good.

« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2009, 07:46:25 AM »
Ginger looks down in disappointment, head shaking. Then begins examining the rubble on the north side and picks up a piece.

« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2009, 09:22:33 AM »
Ginger-R-UYT-1 motions to the group and points to the rubble, indicating a spot some ten feet above.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #110 on: August 26, 2009, 10:24:19 AM »
"...Oh, you found something."

Rou-R-KAN-1 is indifferent, doing his best not to drop into outright unhappiness. The remains of the DM++ still hang in his hands, useless.

"Well, I suppose 1 good flag is going to come out of this."

He walks up to Ginger, looking at the spot that's being pointed out.

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2009, 10:41:23 AM »
Peter-R-WQR-1 goes over to the large metallic cone-shaped bunker and starts to examine it, along with anything else around it, counting any items that he notices more than once 

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2009, 02:37:41 PM »
Abot-R-FCP-1 inspects the surroundings for clearance level markings.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2009, 04:20:40 PM »
Nietz-R-PHD-1 brings his toolbox over to Ginger and joins him in inspecting that point above.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2009, 09:53:09 PM »
Abot-R-FCP-1 inspects the surroundings for clearance level markings.
"Good luck with that," Rou-R-KAN-1 notes, "this place is so dirty that it'll be hard to make out any sort of markings for the dust. Geez, I think I might have a Bad End here and now if I hang around here for too long..."

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2009, 10:56:07 PM »
"Calm down, Rou-R-KAN-1. If anything can be noted of this place is that it's so run down that most likely it's a forgotten UV settlement. However... that means any kind of communist scum may be lurking."

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2009, 11:03:08 PM »
Picks up a magnifying lens, screwdriver, crowbar and other tools.

"Mai fellow zitizen Gingah-arr-whithe-wan, maybe you could help me up zo I can take a look into dese abnorrmality?"

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2009, 05:19:20 AM »
"No, this place had higher levels than UV. The paint is really faded, but that's what used to be here.

Rou-R-KAN-1 should get his happiness in check."

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2009, 05:21:14 AM »
(I wonder you mean IR, because that what I meant.)

« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2009, 07:41:01 AM »
Ginger motions to the Communications Officer a pantomime of running a film reel.

Ginger then attempts to help the Equipment Guy up the rock face.