Author Topic: The Legend of Hieda: Daughter Zero - Completed  (Read 37743 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: The Legend of Hieda: Daughter Zero
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2012, 12:37:30 AM »
Y'know what? I'm breaking my neutrality. Crimson Light.

And Remilius, don't worry about it. Sometimes someone's gotta take charge and get stuff done!
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2012, 08:09:36 AM »
Y'know what? I'm breaking my neutrality. Crimson Light.

Vote closed as of Hanzo K.'s vote.

And Remilius, don't worry about it. Sometimes someone's gotta take charge and get stuff done!

Absolutely. You're here to have fun, not worry about someone else's grand plan or something.

> We're on Godmode, there's no way a little heat can beat us! ...right?

> Parser will assume you leave the skiff to ensure yourself a return journey and thus continue on foot.
> There is no use relying on your devices and instruments here. All you have are your senses and your determination.
> You can feel the ground shifting beneath your feet as you step out from the silently hovering airboat. There must be endless magma flows an inch below the oh-so-thin crust you stand on.
> But for someone who can run on water without breaking its surface, this is no challenge.
> Small wisps of living flame flock around you, spinning and gyrating all around, curiously inspecting this newcomer into their territory, unafraid of you, but avoiding touch.
> These are the smallest of elementals, barely motes of fleeting emotions with little personality. Still, as spirits, they can be communicated with.

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2012, 10:14:39 AM »
>"I am Are Hieda.  Pray tell spirits: from whence do you hail?"

Fightest

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2012, 11:00:05 AM »
>"I am Are Hieda.  Pray tell spirits: from whence do you hail?"

> [furnacehome hearthborn]
> [truefire hearthborn]
> [motionkoanofgardafire hearthborn]

> The little elementals do not have much in the way of speech, so their only method of communication is through sharing basic emotions and simple truths.
> You are able to decipher some of what they say.
> hearthborn likely denotes the act of being created, the act of igniting - being born.
> That would make the primary terms the location or nature of their origin.
> furnacehome would denote originating from the natural fire in this region, or somehow being related to natural fire.
> truefire probably suggests origins related to the Elemental Pole itself.
> motionkoanofgardafire is a term you can't quite place. Splitting it up makes it sound like a name.

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2012, 07:06:46 PM »
> Focus on finding the source of those last emotions, do we know of any named elementals?

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2012, 09:08:54 PM »
Are the Garda a race of elementals?
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

Fightest

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2012, 09:37:31 PM »
Are the Garda a race of elementals?

Quote from: Fightest
> The firebird, the Garda, the phoenix - all the same name for the greatest of fire elementals. If you could negotiate with them and harness their power, surely then the weapons your engineers could craft would be unlike any other.

> Focus on finding the source of those last emotions, do we know of any named elementals?

> You do not know any elementals period, although you have communicated with spirits and lesser gods before. Some of them with more clout have had names pertaining to their function. Personal names were rare indeed, as one requires parents to provide one with such.
> You locate the wisp that mentioned motionkoanofgardafire. It is a passionate little thing, eager and restless.

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2012, 10:38:28 PM »
"Do you know the Garda?" ask the spark.
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2012, 11:06:15 PM »
> Well that doesn't look like a phoenix. Do we recall the source from which we got the information on the firebird?
> Definitely not nervous talking to an elemental for the first time, nope.

Fightest

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2012, 08:30:55 AM »
"Do you know the Garda?" ask the spark.

> For the future, kindly use the ">" designator for commands to the parser. It clears up what is and what isn't input vs. personal comments and is important for certain approaches the parser likes to use.
> [angerfury gardabirds]
> The wisp appears to hold in itself a fundamental dislike of the Garda. It seems too strong an emotion for it to form by itself. More likely, its originator's feelings rubbed off on it.

> Well that doesn't look like a phoenix. Do we recall the source from which we got the information on the firebird?
> Definitely not nervous talking to an elemental for the first time, nope.

> Rumours come and go. Your contacts back in Ruby - the southernmost city of the Celestial Empire - did not have time to follow up on the exact origin of this one, which was a moderately-popular urban myth.
> You are one of the Kings of Kings back in the Empire, but even Heaven's laws have their territorial limits. Out here, all you have to support you are your health and your wits.

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2012, 09:02:01 AM »
Out here, all you have to support you are your health and your wits.
I like those odds.

>Speak to the passionate elemental, "I am searching for the Garda, can you lead me to it?"

Fightest

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2012, 10:16:49 AM »
>Speak to the passionate elemental, "I am searching for the Garda, can you lead me to it?"

> [gardabird huntseek]
> The wisp spins once around your head and zips off further south still. You can see unsteady shifting rock and blazing magma flows in that direction.

> You traverse the treacherous terrain, nimbly jumping from island to island across an ever-expanding magma sea.
> The wisp comes to a stop further along, on a larger island lined with cracks through which seeps molten rock.
> A large, birdlike form, its wingspan nearly a dozen metres across, made as if from magma and roiling fire lies prone on that island, its fiery lifeblood seeping out through many wounds.

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2012, 11:30:39 AM »
((ohshi-))

>Approach with caution
>Turn to the little wisp and speak. "What happened?"
>Do we know how powerful this bird is? If so do we know of anything that could defeat said bird?

Fightest

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2012, 12:08:28 PM »
((ohshi-))

>Approach with caution
>Turn to the little wisp and speak. "What happened?"
>Do we know how powerful this bird is? If so do we know of anything that could defeat said bird?

> [gardabird huntfind!] it emotes with elation.
> The most powerful of fire elementals are mighty indeed, near-equivalent in power and influence to a god of a large river or a large town. You could engage it on even terms with no preparation. While there are greater things still in this world, it is unlikely they would have the time or opportunity to engage in such vicious combat against a lesser opponent.
> The elemental opens an eye, its socket writhing in flame.
> "YOU FOOL," it gasps, its voice like the roaring of a blast furnace, "YOU HAVE LED HER HERE!"
> You sense a presence a moment before the world around you is engulfed in fire.
> ...
> ...But it is mortally impossible to catch you off-guard.
>...

> ...You have trouble remembering how Are fended off motionkoanofgardafire's surprise attack that sets the air itself ablaze. Was it:
> Through uncanny agility?
> or
> By a skilful parry?
> or
> With an invincible body?

Fightest's note: Yes there is a reason I'm doing all these votes.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2012, 12:23:28 PM »
> Skillful Parry.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2012, 05:40:23 PM »
> Skillful Pary

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2012, 07:39:19 PM »
>Invincible Body
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2012, 11:39:47 PM »
I don't really mind seeing how it goes with either, but considering Akyu is so small-sized, relying on skill rather than toughness seems slightly more realistic.
>Skillful parry.

Fightest's note: Yes there is a reason I'm doing all these votes.

Now you've gone and made me curious :3

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2012, 11:44:47 PM »
Akyu is small yes, but that's because she's still quite young.
There's nothing saying that Are wasn't a tall and elegant woman capable of just about anything.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2012, 09:15:22 AM »
Honestly, I have trouble grasping the thought of being able to parry burning air.  Obviously Are would be much better at this.
The idea of the first of a long line of Hiedas having an invincible body appeals to me, because I think of longevity through her generations.

>Invincible Body.

Fightest

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2012, 11:02:03 AM »
Vote closed. Skilful parry won out over Invincible body by one vote, with no votes towards Uncanny agility. Abilities redistributed accordingly.

> In the moment between moments you draw your short blade, as beautiful as it is deadly, made of the rarest materials and holding within it more magic than the average mortal sorceror casts in a year.
> A single upward slice cuts the air before you apart, and you step into the pocket of vacuum created. The pocket snaps shut around you moments later, but the attack's brunt has already passed. The flames it left behind die down, licking greedily at your exposed skin, but they singe not so much as a single hair as the currents of your celestial essence turn them aside as a warrior might turn aside an unruly child.
>  "Huh?" [frustratedcurious]
> The front of burning air washes over the Garda which, despite its nature, roars in pain. Instead of dissipating, however, the flames pull together into a humanoid form formed of pearlescent reds and whites, its crown burning so hot that the cascade of heat from its head forms a white mane. Its voice is like that of the Garda - the roaring of a furnace, but bearing a certain...feminine quality about it.
> "Wot's this?" [threatpush] "En't keen on mindin' one's business, uh?"
> The figure advances, its flames stabilizing further still until you can make out its sneering face. Its steps past the Garda, causing the vast bird to visibly flinch.
> "Ye'd better piss off, mate, while it's still fun'n'games, uh?" [startfightstartfight]

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2012, 01:40:56 AM »
>"So quick to order me away. Do you even know who I am, or why I am here?"

Fightest

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2012, 09:13:13 AM »
>"So quick to order me away. Do you even know who I am, or why I am here?"

> "Wot's this, wot's this? Ye startin' summin' mate?" [eagerstrong] "En't very polite to walk in some gentlebird's business 'n start wavin' yer badge."
> The flames have fully stabilized into a figure of a young woman, lean and wiry. Whether it's the flames or her natural attitude, she seems to almost be trembling with excitement.
> She walks up to you, hands in "pockets", pushes right up against your breastplate, and stares you in the eyes from inches away.
> "Whatcha gonna do, pearly? Gonna step up?" [challengefight] "Or yer all talk?"

« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2012, 09:34:47 AM »
>Evaluate how strong she is.
>Lean in and step on her foot.
>"Who are you then?"

Fightest

« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2012, 10:54:56 AM »
>Evaluate how strong she is.

> You could probably take her to the cleaners, if you put your mind to it. She will likely have some tricks up her sleeve, as she is clearly not a normal fire elemental.

>Lean in and step on her foot.
>"Who are you then?"

> Her foot gives with a strange flowing sensation, and she winces as you force her to step back.
> "En't none of yer business whose fist it'll be pounding yer face in." [pushtense]
> The Garda behind her wheezes.
> "SHE IS NAMED MOTION-KOAN-OF-GARDA-FIRE," it roars, then focuses a blazing eye on the girl, "AND SHE WILL SHOW HUMILITY BEFORE HEAVEN'S CHOSEN!"
> The girl named Motion-Koan-of-Garda-Fire sneers and kicks out at the prone Garda while never taking her eyes off yours.
> "Ye'll talk when yer talked to, mate." [losecontrolassert]

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2012, 06:07:13 PM »
> Pull the bird up off the floor. Its only polite.
> Time to start stabbing..

« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2012, 09:58:40 AM »
>Ignore Koan.
>Address the prone garda, "How much do you know?"
>"How did you come into your present state?"

Fightest

« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2012, 10:31:45 AM »
> Pull the bird up off the floor. Its only polite.
> Time to start stabbing..

> The Garda is three times taller than you are, and in no condition to stand.
> Please specify.

>Ignore Koan.
>Address the prone garda, "How much do you know?"
>"How did you come into your present state?"

> Despite the obvious provocation, Motion-Koan seems content to let the Garda talk.
> The Garda, in turn, looks at you with with a mixture of surprise and rage.
> "HOW DO YOU THINK I CAME TO BE LIKE THIS, YOU FOOLISH CELESTIAL? THIS IS ALL HER DOING, THESE WOUNDS WERE CAUSED BY HER HAND!"
> Motion-Koan nods, a smug expression on her face.
> "Ye were trash, mate." [strongsuperior] "No fight at all."

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2012, 03:04:01 PM »
>"I don't believe I'm in the mood to let this stand."

Fightest

« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2012, 11:37:56 PM »
>"I don't believe I'm in the mood to let this stand."

> "Oh yeah, pearly? Are you going to cry about it?" [mocktaunt] "Why don't you piss off before someone loses an eye, uh?