Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 7)  (Read 44121 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 7)
« Reply #630 on: February 04, 2012, 05:12:15 AM »
On the other hand, if Nazrin isn't going to react to the world at all, why are we bothering going through it? We have yet another person here, who could help us progress toward curing ourself, who refuses to help us do that. What sort of person, after having this happen several times in one day, wouldn't be a seething cauldron of anger and resentment toward those people? Who wouldn't act on this? What other way is there to react at being shit on yet again?

Moreover, how is calling this person out on a blatant lie about wishing us well going to get us arrested?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #631 on: February 04, 2012, 05:17:11 AM »
I'm not saying you can't call her out on it. I'm saying you should maybe be doing something else if you're going to start taking this game so seriously that you thinking acting in character is more important than everyone involved having fun. Not the textually-defined characters, the actually living flesh-and-blood people playing and running this game.

I'm not asking this as a mod, I'm asking this as a concerned observer-turned-temporary-participant. I'm not going to ban you from playing this game or whatever else, that decision is Draco's to make. But the question remains:  which is more important to you? The character or the people?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 05:19:59 AM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #632 on: February 04, 2012, 05:22:50 AM »
You're kind of overreacting, given I have even entered a command to this effect in...weeks now? That I fully leave it up to the others? Because that's kinda been the case as I realize others don't agree with me automatically and I just put forth arguments in favor of it.

But yeah, if we're not going to react to the outside stimuli that we're given intentionally by Draco, then what are we doing exactly?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #633 on: February 04, 2012, 05:26:26 AM »
I reckon the people are playing as themselves instead of robots. For all the touting you've done about IC actions I've come to wonder why players are even worth bothering with at all. If there's a specifically designed set of actions and reactions to parser stimuli then this whole thing should just be a static tale posted in PSL. It would save plenty of time and aggravation on everyone's part.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #634 on: February 04, 2012, 05:35:39 AM »
And, advocating ignoring the obvious emotions that the past events would have stirred makes it one wonder why we are a person at all, rather than a robot. There's kind of points where things get so overwhelming that there are reactions that are going to happen, and this has been continually one of them. Otherwise, why bother having an environment to react to, if we're just going to pass off stimuli because they would result in something other than trying to optimize a situation for gain? If that's the case, it would do more service to this to have it be a static story in PSL. Or turn this into a kind of sudoku problem and remove the abstractions that come with interacting with something that is supposed to be regarded as reality.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #635 on: February 04, 2012, 05:40:43 AM »
I don't know about you, but I've have some pretty shitty days before, and the idea of assaulting someone has never done more than briefly crossed my mind. Maybe you've felt differently in other situations, I don't know. But I can honestly tell you to the best of my knowledge that I would never feel an impulse to break a meaningful law strong enough that I would act on it unless I truly felt I had nothing left to lose, and for what admittedly little participation I've had in this game, between that and what I've heard from you, Draco, and others about the progress in this game, I don't feel like Nazrin has nothing left to lose.

I'm certainly not above getting revenge - hell, that was the whole point of the charade I've been putting Louise through. And I'm not above calling someone out on their bullshit. But assaulting a government official with witnesses present? Can't say I'd consider it for long enough to start thinking it's a good idea, no. Not unless I knew I was dead in the next ten minutes or so.

« Reply #636 on: February 04, 2012, 05:44:57 AM »
I really hate to interrupt, but, were you done with Louise, Kilga? I wasn't sure if, with that last command of yours, you were finished.
cuz if you were, we can move on from here and check the watch for reports of other thefts, and possibly check if this Louise here has come under suspicion of similar acts before this.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #637 on: February 04, 2012, 05:53:53 AM »
Regardless of whatever she is called on, I would prefer not to leave before we point out that we had already breathed right on her at least once before she accused us of threatening her with the disease. Of course I wasn't threatening her; I had already done what I wanted to do.

« Reply #638 on: February 04, 2012, 05:57:12 AM »
I was just making sure. Didn't want to leave until I was sure you were finished.
So, did you want to handle mentioning sharing her airspace? I know you can phrase it better than I could.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #639 on: February 04, 2012, 06:00:53 AM »
Purvis wants to call her on her lie, which I have no problem with. So I'm waiting for that.

« Reply #640 on: February 04, 2012, 06:10:34 AM »
Which particular lie was this?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #641 on: February 04, 2012, 06:12:10 AM »
The incredibly smarmy, slimy, and not-at-all honest wish for a good day.

« Reply #642 on: February 04, 2012, 06:15:38 AM »
Well, I think I can handle that in a way that won't get us arrested.

>"Your concern touches me."
>Try not to sound TOO obvious that we mean that as much as she meant her expression of concern.
>If she doesn't stop us, depart.
>Where did she say that second copy of theirs was kept?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #643 on: February 04, 2012, 06:16:45 AM »
Anyway, a quality reveal is fairly simple. Something equally smarmy like "And I wish you a good day as well. Or, at least, I hope you can still have a good day after you stop and think about how I breathed right on you earlier." would work fine.

(Note: I leave this here because I go to bed now and don't wish to hold gaem up)

Fake edit: Well, never mind then, I guess.

« Reply #644 on: February 04, 2012, 06:32:32 AM »
>"Your concern touches me."
>Try not to sound TOO obvious that we mean that as much as she meant her expression of concern.
>If she doesn't stop us, depart.
>Where did she say that second copy of theirs was kept?

>You return Louise's token act of concern with an equal token act of gratitude, letting just a little bit of insincerity spill through. If this bothers her, she doesn't let on.
>She makes no effort at all to stop you, though she follows you out until you cross the counter and are well on your way out of the building, then remains by the desk and watches as you depart.
>She mentioned a second copy of permits being kept in some sort of archives, across the row.

« Reply #645 on: February 04, 2012, 06:39:33 AM »
Sorry, Kilga. I figured you would have slipped in that bit yourself.

>Is there anyone around us now?
>Can we been seen from inside that building? IE, by Louise, or her flunkies?
>Can we see that 'across the row' archive building from here?
>Does Louise's buildings have any windows?

« Reply #646 on: February 04, 2012, 06:42:59 AM »
>Is there anyone around us now?
>Can we been seen from inside that building? IE, by Louise, or her flunkies?
>Can we see that 'across the row' archive building from here?
>Does Louise's buildings have any windows?

>There are scattered people walking about. This section doesn't have quite the traffic flow of the more open parts of the harbor but it's still quite close to the bustle. No one is within a few feet of you at the moment, however.
>If you move just slightly to the side, there are no sight lines from the inside of the building to where you would be standing.
>There are several buildings that are part of the Port Authority complex, a couple of which might well be described as 'across the row'. You don't know which she was referring to, off-hand.
>It does. Her office had a rather large one, in fact.

« Reply #647 on: February 04, 2012, 06:56:46 AM »
>Move slightly to the side, out of line of sight of the interior of the building we just exited.
>Produce dousing rods.
>Check door for hours of operation.

« Reply #648 on: February 04, 2012, 07:04:22 AM »
>Move slightly to the side, out of line of sight of the interior of the building we just exited.
>Produce dousing rods.
>Check door for hours of operation.

>You move out of line of the front door and take your dowsing rods in hand.
>Then you check the sign for their hours of operation. Normal services appear to operate from 8AM to 6PM.

« Reply #649 on: February 04, 2012, 07:22:41 AM »
>Current time.
>Douse the building behind us for unusual concentrations of monies, or breaches in the superstructure of the building.

« Reply #650 on: February 04, 2012, 07:37:32 AM »
>Current time.
>Douse the building behind us for unusual concentrations of monies, or breaches in the superstructure of the building.

>Probably around 5 PM.
>You dowse the customs office for both money and conspicuous holes. The latter is a little hard to determine without care; at first brush, windows can feel somewhat similar, and it takes time and precision to distinguish them properly, particularly if a window is open. All the rooms and corridors in the way of other side of the building aren't helping much, either. Your senses and tools are not nearly precise enough to provide a detailed floor plan merely by pointing them at something and it's very hard to sift all the alternating layers of stone and space apart. A man exits the building while you're working at this. With what senses you have to spare, you catch him give you a curious look, but he moves on without saying anything. A tall brown-haired woman passes by shortly thereafter, with a similar reaction. After some time, you reach the conclusion that while you can't necessarily rule out a hole in a wall that shouldn't be there, you also aren't finding any convincing evidence that there is one.
>On the monetary front, there are different complications. Finding coinage itself is relatively simple compared to the previous task, provided it's gathered in sufficient quantities; the precious metals involved in it are less liable to be scattered throughout the building in other forms. There are indeed a couple moderately-sized concentrations of money within the building. However, you honestly don't know quite what would quality as an unusual concentration of money for a building that deals in expensive permits on a daily basis. What you can detect inside is certainly more than you would expect an average person to be hauling around, but you think it would be more surprising if it wasn't.

« Reply #651 on: February 04, 2012, 08:18:13 AM »
>Put rods away.
>Is the door close to use the only way in or out of this building that we've found?
>Scope out the area for an alley, or some other sufficiently concealed location to keep an eye on this door.

« Reply #652 on: February 04, 2012, 08:36:54 AM »
>Put rods away.
>Is the door close to use the only way in or out of this building that we've found?
>Scope out the area for an alley, or some other sufficiently concealed location to keep an eye on this door.

>You put your dowsing rods away.
>You don't know for sure that it's the only entrance without scouting around the rest of the building's perimeter, but it's the only one you've seen.
>Given the building's location near the bustling port, there are few places which are truly concealed from general traffic, although there are a couple of places where you could perhaps discretely keep an eye on the front door. There is a path between the custom's office and a neighboring building, a small distance to the right of the door. You would be able to have a clear view of the door by poking your head around the corner, but would be exposed to anyone coming up from the harbor behind you. There is a similar alleyway between two buildings on the other side of the row, a somewhat larger distance to the right of the customs office door. You would have a clear view of the door, and mightn't be immediately visible to someone exiting, but could probably be sighted by them if they looked closely in your direction; after nightfall, this would probably be difficult for people with human eyesight. This spot, at least, doesn't have the potential of traffic coming up from behind. There is also a small hedge-like row of shrubs planted near the front of the custom's office that you could potential conceal yourself in, though this would also work better at night, and it would take some time and noise to both entrench and extricate yourself. Aside from these, you could potentially lurk near the buildings further to the west, some distance away. From there you could keep an eye on the door without possibly being immediately recognizable, though most cover at that distance would either put you out of view of the door, or simply make it easy enough for you to miss someone exiting.

« Reply #653 on: February 04, 2012, 08:52:32 AM »
>Options. Good.
>Take a minute or two to stroll around this building, to check for other exits, especially one that Lousie would have handier access to, if any.
>After that, head for the nearest Watch post.
>Keep an eye out for Orange or signs of a moth youkai along the way.

« Reply #654 on: February 04, 2012, 10:05:50 AM »
>Options. Good.
>Take a minute or two to stroll around this building, to check for other exits, especially one that Lousie would have handier access to, if any.
>After that, head for the nearest Watch post.
>Keep an eye out for Orange or signs of a moth youkai along the way.

>Options are generally good.
>You circle around the building to look for other exits and discover a service entrance of some sort around the rear. The door is largely unmarked and the surroundings are not turned out nearly as trim as the front. The proximity to the back side of other buildings creates something close to an alleyway here, and provides a somewhat more optimal place to could lurk and keep an eye on the door, where shadows fall across a small protrusion in one of the neighbouring buildings. There are a pair of doors in those buildings which also face on this alley, but otherwise it doesn't seem to get much traffic. Unfortunately, you have no reason to suspect this door would be used by Louise; it doesn't appear to be particularly closer to her office than the front and certainly exits at a less obviously convenient location. You suppose it might depend on where she was going.
>You leave the Port Authority and make your way over to the Watch post near this part of the harbor. It is a very short walk, no more than 5 minutes or so. You keep a hopeful eye out for either Orange or Neu on the way, but see no sign of either among the busy congregation still actively moving through the area.

>The Watch post itself is a rather small and nondescript stonework building, emblazoned brightly with the emblem of the Watch but little other decoration; in practice, you think it's not much more than a lounge, office, and windowed kiosk onlooking the open harbor, where members of the Watch stand by to interact with the public. You can see one of them in the window now, a fairly heavy-set man with a scruffy black beard, wearing the green uniform of the Watch.

« Reply #655 on: February 04, 2012, 10:04:29 PM »
>Does the bloke look familiar?
>Is there anyone in line?

« Reply #656 on: February 04, 2012, 10:07:34 PM »
>Does the bloke look familiar?
>Is there anyone in line?

>He does not.
>Not at the moment.

« Reply #657 on: February 04, 2012, 10:13:42 PM »
>Approach window.
>Absently look for donuts.

« Reply #658 on: February 04, 2012, 10:18:43 PM »
>Approach window.
>Absently look for donuts.

>You approach the window. The man looks in your direction as you near and gives a bearish smile. "Somethin' I can go for you, miss?"
>While you don't see any donuts in evidence, you can smell coffee - rather strong coffee, in fact.

« Reply #659 on: February 04, 2012, 10:29:28 PM »
>'Friendly' bear, or 'I'm going to eat you liver' bear?
>Friendly nod.
>"Nazrin, liscenced Seeker. I was hoping you could answer a few questions for me."
>Just outta curiousity, where do we keep OUR liscence?