Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 7)  (Read 44119 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 7)
« Reply #480 on: February 01, 2012, 04:06:07 AM »
>Ponder. Murasa said this kappa here liked haging out at the melon bowl...
>Did the Melon Bowl exist 7 years ago?

>She did.
>You don't know; you'd never really been there before this week. The decor did look fairly new, but it could have been recently refurbished for all you know.

« Reply #481 on: February 01, 2012, 04:55:11 AM »
>"Try this on, Ishi. Did the Melon Bowl have any kinda seasonal offers on at the time?"

« Reply #482 on: February 01, 2012, 05:12:12 AM »
>"Try this on, Ishi. Did the Melon Bowl have any kinda seasonal offers on at the time?"

>"It wasn't around back then," she says, then chuckles. "Braston didn't know what it was missing."
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 05:32:32 AM by DracoOmega »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #483 on: February 01, 2012, 05:23:48 AM »
Let's go find and brutalize this moth.

« Reply #484 on: February 01, 2012, 05:37:37 AM »
So long as there's a bed involved, I can get behind a little 'brutallizing'.
But let's check out the Watch post first, see if this has happened to anyone else. Or if there's been any thefts in general in the past week or so.
If you folks don't mind, though, there's a cusiousity I wanna satisfy while we're here. Shouldn't take long.

>"No kiddin'. Well, guess I'll just hope our beuracrats's books show something in April of 574. Or I find that moth of yours first."

« Reply #485 on: February 01, 2012, 05:44:43 AM »
>"No kiddin'. Well, guess I'll just hope our beuracrats's books show something in April of 574. Or I find that moth of yours first."

>"Well, she's bound to come back here before too long," Murasa says. "So feel free to swing back if you don't bump into her first."

« Reply #486 on: February 01, 2012, 05:49:22 AM »
>"Gotcha."
>Turn, then pause.
>"Look, I know this is gonna be a weird question, but, about Chisato. Has she got some kinda... irrational hatred of boxes with lids?"

« Reply #487 on: February 01, 2012, 06:01:26 AM »
>"Gotcha."
>Turn, then pause.
>"Look, I know this is gonna be a weird question, but, about Chisato. Has she got some kinda... irrational hatred of boxes with lids?"

>Murasa gives you an odd look for a second, then breaks out laughing. "Beats me."

« Reply #488 on: February 01, 2012, 06:05:53 AM »
>Join her for a chuckle.
>"Well, I'd suggested a couple times she get a better box for that mouse of hers, and she didn't take the suggestions all that well. So, a mouse got curious."

« Reply #489 on: February 01, 2012, 06:15:43 AM »
>Join her for a chuckle.
>"Well, I'd suggested a couple times she get a better box for that mouse of hers, and she didn't take the suggestions all that well. So, a mouse got curious."

>"Eh, she's just a bit touchy about it after that whole mess," Murasa says. "Don't pay her any mind."

« Reply #490 on: February 01, 2012, 06:29:10 AM »
>"Fair enough. But she seemed confidant she could keep the girl from getting out again, as well. Was wondering if she had some kinda trick up her sleeve."

« Reply #491 on: February 01, 2012, 06:31:27 AM »
>"Fair enough. But she seemed confidant she could keep the girl from getting out again, as well. Was wondering if she had some kinda trick up her sleeve."

>Murasa shrugs. "Well, as long as she doesn't get loose again, I don't much care how she takes care of it. I'm sure she'll figure something out."

« Reply #492 on: February 01, 2012, 06:56:59 AM »
>"Well, I'll wish her luck. And thanks for the info. You, too, Ishi."
>Assuming they don't object, head back for solid ground.
>Which is closer to our current location, Louise's office, or the nearest Watch post?
>Do there appear to be any on duty Watch members in the vicinity?

« Reply #493 on: February 01, 2012, 07:08:04 AM »
>"Well, I'll wish her luck. And thanks for the info. You, too, Ishi."
>Assuming they don't object, head back for solid ground.

>"Good luck out there, kid!" Ishi calls out.
>Murasa nods. "Yeah, if you can get Louise to budge on this, that'll be a real somethin'."
>You exit the captain's cabin and depart the Blue Maiden, returning Chisato's nod as you pass by the deck again.

>Which is closer to our current location, Louise's office, or the nearest Watch post?
>Do there appear to be any on duty Watch members in the vicinity?

>They are actually fairly similar in distance, though you think the Watch post is marginally closer. They're both in generally the same direction from your current location.
>You don't currently spot any through the crowds, but you're sure there's probably some in the general area.

« Reply #494 on: February 01, 2012, 07:23:25 AM »
>Scan crowd for wings and/or antannae.

« Reply #495 on: February 01, 2012, 07:31:29 AM »
>Scan crowd for wings and/or antannae.

>There are certainly wings in the crowd; a handful of fairies are in evidence, and you think that's a bird youkai of some sort in the distance. Maybe. None of them look much like moth wings, at any rate, nor do you see any antennae.

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #496 on: February 01, 2012, 07:43:12 AM »
since i don't remember the time of day. also more importantly, are these the annoying "we close at 3 PM" sorta places we plan on heading to?

>time of day
>Dose places like the watch tower or harbor office close any more early time to the general public, or if we know, do they close soon.
"there is a Fine line between genius and insanity. I see it every day running screaming past it with scissors."
-8-bit theater, Red Mage, taken as personal saying.

« Reply #497 on: February 01, 2012, 08:36:44 AM »
>time of day
>Dose places like the watch tower or harbor office close any more early time to the general public, or if we know, do they close soon.

>It is getting quite late in the afternoon now. You'd say it's at least 4:30, perhaps a little later.
>You don't know the specific hours Louise keeps, but you imagine that the permit-granting side of the Port Authority does not keep late hours. The Watch post should have someone there all night, however.

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #498 on: February 01, 2012, 08:40:18 AM »
>Better to head to the possibly time sensitive location.
> Head to the office. Keeping an eye out for mothy things while on the way.
"there is a Fine line between genius and insanity. I see it every day running screaming past it with scissors."

« Reply #499 on: February 01, 2012, 08:44:23 AM »
>Better to head to the possibly time sensitive location.
> Head to the office. Keeping an eye out for mothy things while on the way.

>You decide that it's better to head back to Louise than risk the office being closed before you return there.
>You head back to the Port Authority, keeping an eye on the crowds as you walk past. You spot several more pairs of wings, but sadly none of them insectoid. Ah well, what are the odds of bumping into the one person you're looking for that quickly?

>You make it back to the building without event and step inside. There is still a small lineup at the information desk; not much seems to have changed since you were here last.

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #500 on: February 01, 2012, 08:46:47 AM »
>well we should know where to go.
>If it seems alright, head for Louise office.

« Reply #501 on: February 01, 2012, 08:52:01 AM »
>well we should know where to go.
>If it seems alright, head for Louise office.

>You head down the side corridor and back up the stairs towards Louise's office. No one attempts to stop you.
>You find yourself in front of her door, once more. Evidently she closed it behind you.

« Reply #502 on: February 01, 2012, 09:02:01 AM »
>Knock.
>"It's me, Seeker Nazrin."

« Reply #503 on: February 01, 2012, 09:08:27 AM »
>Knock.
>"It's me, Seeker Nazrin."

>You knock on the door and announce yourself.
>"Come in," Louise replies from inside.

« Reply #504 on: February 01, 2012, 09:16:52 AM »
>Enter.

« Reply #505 on: February 01, 2012, 09:19:24 AM »
>Enter.

>You open the door and step inside as Louise closes a small folder and places it on the desk in front of her. She looks up at you.
>"You have the date, then?"

« Reply #506 on: February 01, 2012, 09:20:50 AM »
>Nod.
>"April, of 574."

« Reply #507 on: February 01, 2012, 09:23:01 AM »
>Nod.
>"April, of 574."

>"Is that as specific as you can be?" she asks.

« Reply #508 on: February 01, 2012, 09:25:38 AM »
>"Possibly towards the end of the month? Neither Murasa nor her engineer could be more precise than that."
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:27:54 AM by Sourfang, the Falling Star »

« Reply #509 on: February 01, 2012, 09:30:58 AM »
>"Possibly towards the end of the month? Neither Murasa nor her engineer could be more precise than that."

>"Hmmm.... well, it will take some time to verify a month's ledgers, but I'll have it looked into."