Author Topic: Music/Composition Questions  (Read 2219 times)

Music/Composition Questions
« on: December 13, 2011, 02:24:24 AM »
Hey, everyone...I've been obsessively using Cubase for the past few weeks, but I can't manage to find any sort of smooth synth pad sounding voice for slow whole notes and other things of the like. I'm thinking mostly for a bass part. I was using "Weightless" earlier, but I had to leave it behind when I upgraded to Cubase 6. If this is any indication of what I'm looking for, then I hope it helps! Any answer is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ace

Re: Music/Composition Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 03:03:37 AM »
Have you tried Spector and Embracer ? They both have pads of that kind as presets.

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 11:25:34 PM »
Hmmm. I like the pads in Spector (I don't have Embracer unfortunately), but the decay on all of them is awfully long. Obnoxious in fact. I just ends up sounding like a dissonant mess. Suggestions?

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 11:51:21 PM »
Well, you could edit the envelopes of each oscillator to your liking.  :V
What version of Cubase 6 do you have ? The full, $400+ version does come with Embracer.

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 12:37:47 AM »
I have Artist, so I get most of the stuff, but not all of it.  I just gave that a shot and found Halion's "Warm Pad." It sounds almost exactly like a need, with some envelope adjustment. Thanks for all your help ^_^