Author Topic: [1.6.7_03] Touhou GTA Vmod - Bosh! Yet another fix!  (Read 269337 times)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: Touhou GTA VMod - v1.6.1A released
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2011, 01:05:50 PM »
I'll think about adding such a version in the future, though I've already received suggestion for Youmu and Sakuya versions.

I must say I liked Squidtentacle's choice in the Marisa version of models with Cesar as Patchouli and Kendle as Alice. Just a suggestion, not forcing you into anything.
...those two definitely work in some fashion, I'll say.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2011, 03:00:02 AM »
I'm unable to do anything with the radio or model files that were split up in the first post because I can't open .001 files. What am I supposed to do with them? Winrar wont open them either.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2011, 03:17:10 AM »
Install 7-zip, select the .001, .002, etc. files, and right-click. Then go to the 7-zip submenu and click 'Extract here'.

Also, I've found yet more bugs after plenty of playtesting:
- Periodic no-render or LOD render of textures (SALA streaming memory - reduction may have caused this)
 - Hunter model lacks textures
 - Parachute model shows up and clips when equipped (Squid's mod made this invisible but it also made getting a parachute difficult)
 - Parachute deployment still uses the old Yukari parasol yet also renders Kogasa's umbrella too
 - Camera issues with Hisouten, FPS mode
 - Weapon skill oddly doesn't level up?
 - With PedSwimFix, player's air is infinite (supposedly)
 - Emergency vehicles aren't able to use sirens when controlled by player?
In regards to all of these:
 - Texture render: I believe it may do with my recent edit to salimits.ini that reduced usage to 512MB streaming memory. But the user who reported the issue (Piney) seems to have done so after spawning many NPCs, which may have taken up the memory space.
 - Model/texture issues, parachute: Hooray, fixing this would equal another download of gta3.img and I don't want to get into that until the next major update (where I also have plans to reduce the duplicate rates).
 - Parachute: A smaller model may be in order....
 - Camera: Not certain, testing more.
 - Weapons not levelling up: This is an issue of Bullet mod. If any of you are using it, remove bullet.asi from your main folder. Bullet mod, though nice, will no longer be bundled starting from the next version.
 - PedSwimFix: They don't swim too well to start with...perhaps I'll delete it.
 - Sirens: Huh, apparently Taxi Mod is at fault...I'm not too sure about keeping it now.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 04:19:11 AM by 大諏訪子 Gang Empire »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2011, 08:58:03 AM »
- Sirens: Huh, apparently Taxi Mod is at fault...I'm not too sure about keeping it now.

I don't know if this is an issue of 1.6.1,  but still being on 1.6.0 myself, I do not have this siren problem with the Taxi Mod as being reported by others. Just letting you know this for reference to maybe a different source to the problem.
Still using Windows XP in the year 2050
[img width= height=]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5186/shrinemaidensigflandre.jpg[/img]
私は本当にお金を必要とする

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2011, 06:29:01 PM »
Oh, Great!
REmade and out, finally.
Interesting, it is.
Thanks!

UP: Couldst it be an offtopic, but:
How was it possible to make split volumes using 7z?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 04:37:38 PM by Xenos Hydrargirum »
A wandering Russian newbie.

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2011, 09:57:32 PM »
Just a random lurker here. I have never played a Touhou game in my whole life, but this mod makes all the cutscenes so hilarious.

I also have the same problem with spellcards "Musou" and "Grand Patriot's Elixir" even though I have both reimu.txd and udon.txd in my models/txd folder. I also run Windows 7 (32-bit).

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2011, 10:29:56 PM »
UP: Couldst it be an offtopic, but:
How was it possible to make split volumes using 7z?
Select files you want archived, right-click -> 7-zip -> Add to archive. Then on the bottom-left it will say 'Split into volumes, bytes:'; there you can type the filesize in bytes (I did 200000000 for 191MB total per archive).

I also have the same problem with spellcards "Musou" and "Grand Patriot's Elixir" even though I have both reimu.txd and udon.txd in my models/txd folder. I also run Windows 7 (32-bit).
Did you set gta-sa.exe to WinXP SP2 compatibility mode?

Since I'm busy with the next major version (1.7) and don't want to upload another gta3.img again until then, 1.6.x enters Extended Debugging Phase so that the bugs can get patched in the next release.
Basically, I would like any and all of you to play through the game normally (or mess around :V) and report to me any random issues and quirks you find (such as models messing up, texture issues, crashes, etc).

Provide screenshots, videos, and/or SALA crash report logs when you post. Thanks! ^^
Bad command or file name

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2011, 11:46:24 PM »
Did you set gta-sa.exe to WinXP SP2 compatibility mode?

I did. The game crashes at start-up otherwise.

On another note, I was wondering if  the spell "Kjack" could be turned off. Having a ring of flying knives is cool and all, but not when I'm doing a mission and I accidentally murder all my allies.

The game also crashes if the player is not using the default CJ model before entering the barber shop in the Ryder mission. The barber will never stop cutting CJ's hair, apparently.

I get crashed every so often. Occasionally, when I pause the game and try to resume, the game crashes. Then again, my computer is rather old, running 2 GB RAM with a 1.4 GHz Dual-Core Processor.

Otherwise, everything works fine.

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2011, 12:52:18 AM »
I get crashed every so often. Occasionally, when I pause the game and try to resume, the game crashes. Then again, my computer is rather old, running 2 GB RAM with a 1.4 GHz Dual-Core Processor.

Old, I think not! I have a 2.8 P4 HT with 2GB of RAM that runs this game fine (besides the in-game issues I've originally posted).
[img width= height=]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5186/shrinemaidensigflandre.jpg[/img]
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2011, 02:12:40 AM »
On another note, I was wondering if  the spell "Kjack" could be turned off. Having a ring of flying knives is cool and all, but not when I'm doing a mission and I accidentally murder all my allies.
Disable it by typing the cheat again.

The game also crashes if the player is not using the default CJ model before entering the barber shop in the Ryder mission. The barber will never stop cutting CJ's hair, apparently.
Odd, I've never had this happen with that mission. Usually I'd be automatically changed to CJ in barber shops and/or fashion marts.

I get crashed every so often. Occasionally, when I pause the game and try to resume, the game crashes.
Happens to me as well but random crashes are almost expected considering the content.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 02:57:23 AM by 大諏訪子 Gang Empire »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2011, 08:20:23 AM »
Odd, I've never had this happen with that mission. Usually I'd be automatically changed to CJ in barber shops and/or fashion marts.

The model does change back to CJ automatically, but the cutting animation gets locked into place. Naturally, switching to the CJ model before entering the barber shop fixes the problem.

I still have no clue why Musou and Elixir cheats crash my game. Usually, the game crashes without a crash log pop-up. I have two, though.

Some random crash, probably has to do with money. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/442/sacrash1.png/
Combining Laevateinn and Moon cheats produces this error. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/sacrash2laevateinnmoon.png/

Mixing cheats is probably ill-advised anyway, especially those which obviously conflict with each other.

Finally, I was wondering if you would consider implementing more features from the EX Rumia mod. Everything in there is just so awesome.

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2011, 08:55:06 PM »
Hmm, don't suppose these mods would work on EU V2.0 would they? If not, all is lost! :(

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2011, 09:51:18 PM »
The model does change back to CJ automatically, but the cutting animation gets locked into place. Naturally, switching to the CJ model before entering the barber shop fixes the problem.
Will put a warning about this along with the clothes stores.

Some random crash, probably has to do with money.
First time I've seen that script cause errors....

Combining Laevateinn and Moon cheats produces this error. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/sacrash2laevateinnmoon.png/
Colormod is known to be problematic, especially on XP/2k3, and thus I encourage removing colormod.asi (as well as bullet.asi) from the main directory.

Mixing cheats is probably ill-advised anyway, especially those which obviously conflict with each other.
This is true but I also do my testing that way, as it's far less stable.

Finally, I was wondering if you would consider implementing more features from the EX Rumia mod. Everything in there is just so awesome.
Link me a few things on the mod and I'll see to putting in a few things.

Hmm, don't suppose these mods would work on EU V2.0 would they? If not, all is lost! :(
Officially, they only work on US v1.0, but Sparda has downgraded his EU v2 executable to a v1 and has reported no problems. So I suggest running a v2->v1 downgrader.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2011, 09:59:59 PM »
Officially, they only work on US v1.0, but Sparda has downgraded his EU v2 executable to a v1 and has reported no problems. So I suggest running a v2->v1 downgrader.
Many thankies!
Since I'm only after the Remilia/Gungnir mods, are these available somewhere seperate from the pack?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2011, 01:08:37 AM »
They are not available separately, alas, but you can extract them from the compilation.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2011, 01:42:06 AM »
Colormod is known to be problematic, especially on XP/2k3, and thus I encourage removing colormod.asi (as well as bullet.asi) from the main directory.

Hmm. Maybe I will crash less if I remove these two files.

Anyway, the EX Rumia mod can be downloaded here: http://www.gta-downloads.com/en/gta-san-andreas/mods/12156-ex-rumia.html

Here is a video of the mod in action. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w17P_a4dPc

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2011, 02:50:06 AM »
Ooh, that looks nice...definitely it's on consideration. ^^
Bad command or file name

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2011, 05:58:00 AM »
Hopefully, you decide to implement the Rumia mod.

My game is beginning to crash more often now. Here are the ones with logs.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/828/sacrash3flyinghaisen.png/ - Mixing flying with the Haisen spell causes this error when you activate the spell.
http://imageshack.us/f/233/sacrash4radio.png/ - I believe this crash has to do with the radio.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/sacrash5.png/ - Unlike the first instance of mixing cheats, this one just happened randomly.
http://imageshack.us/f/213/sacrash6.png/ - Another random crash. I wasn't even in a vehicle, if I recall accurately.
http://imageshack.us/f/528/sacrash7gangwars.png/ - The most annoying and important of all crashes. Every time I initiate a fight with a rival gang member on their turf, this happens.

Musou and Elixir spells still crash my game with no error log.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2011, 06:09:03 AM »
Hopefully, you decide to implement the Rumia mod.
Yeah, I'm leaning towards doing so.

My game is beginning to crash more often now. Here are the ones with logs.
#1: That is one very crash-prone mix, and I know from experience to never try mid-air trains :V
#2: One of the most common crash logs I receive, and the reasons are broad. Recompilation didn't help either....
#3: That is the script file. Any idea when (game-wise) this occurred?
#4: Same as #2 but not as frequently
#5: Likely your settings conflicting with things as gta_sa.set is where your settings are stored.
Musou/Hourai: Still not sure of crash cause.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2011, 08:25:45 AM »
#3: That is the script file. Any idea when (game-wise) this occurred?

I don't remember, but I was probably using a few cheats/spells. I was able to complete story missions without any trouble after the crash, so this one may not be as important.

#5: Likely your settings conflicting with things as gta_sa.set is where your settings are stored.

Are there any possible solutions to the problem? Every time I engage in combat with a rival gang member in their territory, the error appears. Strangely enough, the game did not crash in the initial Sweet mission when gang wars were first introduced. Hopefully, switching to the CJ model will fix the problem. I have to try again later.

Musou/Hourai: Still not sure of crash cause.

Well, simply typing in the cheat crashes the game with no error log. The problem seems to have been reported before. I wonder what circumstances differ between those who have the spells working and those who don't...

On another note, the taxi mod is horrible. Passengers are almost guaranteed to have their car catch on fire - as a result from taxis crashing  into buildings and continued grinding into them - before ever reaching their destination. I know, blame goes to the original mod creator.

pineyappled

« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2011, 08:54:19 AM »
Any way to make spellcard usage gain wanted levels?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2011, 07:32:16 PM »
Are there any possible solutions to the problem? Every time I engage in combat with a rival gang member in their territory, the error appears. Strangely enough, the game did not crash in the initial Sweet mission when gang wars were first introduced. Hopefully, switching to the CJ model will fix the problem. I have to try again later.
Go to your Documents folder and you'll see 'GTA San Andreas User Files'. In there, gta_sa.set should exist - delete it and reload the game (and adjust your settings again).

Well, simply typing in the cheat crashes the game with no error log. The problem seems to have been reported before. I wonder what circumstances differ between those who have the spells working and those who don't...
My suspicion is probably hardware as I've already ruled out OS (2k3 and 7 render it fine), and I haven't tested the mods on NVIDIA GPUs or AMD CPUs (though that should be negligible).

On another note, the taxi mod is horrible. Passengers are almost guaranteed to have their car catch on fire - as a result from taxis crashing  into buildings and continued grinding into them - before ever reaching their destination. I know, blame goes to the original mod creator.
I told you their driving is terrible :V
It's really just a novelty mod there for the laughs.

Any way to make spellcard usage gain wanted levels?
Not that I know of, sorry. It'd be nice to have that though.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2011, 05:15:03 PM »
So umm whenever i run this mod every moving car is seemingly locked, im only able to steal empty vehicles, bikes or police vehicles... dont have that problem with vanilla and im running the latest version of a clean install etc etc.

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2011, 06:14:26 PM »
So umm whenever i run this mod every moving car is seemingly locked, im only able to steal empty vehicles, bikes or police vehicles... dont have that problem with vanilla and im running the latest version of a clean install etc etc.

I noticed this too. It may be something purposely implemented or a item value issue. We'll see what EP has to say.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2011, 06:21:12 PM »
The locked cars...yeah, that is something I am going to patch due to many complaints I've received (much to my chagrin but whatever :V).

To remove that, go into your GTA:SA directory, then CLEO, and delete realT(remput).cs or similar. Then cars will act normally.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2011, 03:58:45 AM »
To remove that, go into your GTA:SA directory, then CLEO, and delete realT(remput).cs or similar. Then cars will act normally.

I never noticed this file (or similar) before. What does it pertain to?
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2011, 04:12:44 AM »
That CLEO script was part of an attempt to get more 'realistic' traffic behaviour (before I found the Russian traffic CLEO script). That, and I also have a bit of a liking for the locked doors, and I originally defended the inclusion of this by saying 'hey, press 7, you get vehicle spawner, why do you need others' cars in those cases? :V'.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2011, 05:11:30 AM »
Some of the cars are unlocked, which rather accurately depicts the laziness of some car owners. So, keep trying and you will probably find a jackable car. ;)

Here are two more errors.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/sacrash8driving.png/ - Happened when driving.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/sacrash9shooting.png/ - Happened when shooting.

I get the feeling these errors can happen at any time, but I have little idea how anything works.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2011, 05:14:48 AM »
Here are two more errors.
I get the feeling these errors can happen at any time, but I have little idea how anything works.
Audio errors. In other words, the ones I consider the most annoying as there are a ton of reasons for them to occur (memory shortages, audio bitrate conflict, audio file X getting invoked, missing file, incorrect file pointer, etc.)

I would suggest getting in-game screenshots of random quirks you find as well (eg. helicopter without textures - that one is already known, though!), as crash reports don't give out details of the whole thing.
Bad command or file name

Teetoku

• You should...
  • Take it easy.
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2011, 04:36:52 PM »
I'm gonna lose it.. I keep getting this problem when I'm not riding anything. everything just eh, burn effect? every vanishes(shutdown?)  I think it's the same problem as Flinix (also I go that error too) but when I ride the bike or other vehicle and I press q or e everything goes back to normal.. but no life bar, money, map etc. just that kmh metter.

I tried following that guide the OP posted but I just can't seem to fix that everything vanishes :V I tried deleting bullet.asi, colormod & salimits.ini.

EDIT: Fix'd the vanishing thingy but when I live the vehicle/bike the screen just stop(?) then I go back inside the bike/vehicle and everything starts moving agian and when I try to move while outsite the vehicle/bike the game just closes itself right away.. I srsly have no idea what to do anymore..need halp asap thx.

EDIT AGAIN: Why is CJ's model deformed? pfftt
I think I fix'd it a little.. Here's another problem.. I think kinda fix'd it but my carema is left on the bike :V still no bars for my life, money and map.

EDIT AGAIN AGAIN: Reinstalled everything.. back to the vanishing act.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 05:33:53 PM by RV29 »