Author Topic: Return to the Barren Path  (Read 77304 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Return to the Barren Path
« Reply #660 on: August 02, 2009, 07:34:38 PM »
> We'll just be cruising through

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #661 on: August 02, 2009, 07:42:10 PM »
>"Uh.... What? Why?"

>"Just a hunch," says Meiling with a shrug. "I mean, can you imagine Chen and Flandre in the same house?"

> We'll just be cruising through

>China frowns. "Hey..."

>_

Herasy

« Reply #662 on: August 04, 2009, 04:35:05 AM »
>Follow Nitori into the mansion while thinking about Chen and Flandre hawt lesbian sex in the same room as each other

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #663 on: August 04, 2009, 05:41:52 AM »
>Follow Nitori into the mansion while thinking about Chen and Flandre hawt lesbian sex in the same room as each other

>You follow Nitori into the mansion. She walks into the library, stumbling a bit. There, you find Yugi and Parsee waiting, apparently sharing some tea. "It's about time," says Parsee. Then she looks at Nitori. "You look like hell. That electricity is bad for you."
>"Yeah yeah, whatever," Nitori grumbles, as she walks toward the stairway that Patchouli revealed some time ago. "Let's get this show on the road. I wanna go home and drink myself into oblivion like the rest of Gensokyo." Yugi frowns, but says nothing.
>You follow the trio into second basement. Unlike the path to Flandre's domicile, this one continues straight ahead rather than curving around. From the look of it, the stairway is quite old; apparently the manor has its share of secret rooms in case they are needed. Thankfully, some old incandescent lights that appear to have been installed some time after the original construction keep the darkness at bay.
>After well over a minute of descending, the stairway opens to a wide and surprisingly open chamber. Immediately, the single object dominating the chamber captures your attention. It is a large machine set within a recess in the floor, its shiny steel almost an affront to the dingy and ancient stone around it. It seems to be made of overlapping plates, with curious glass plates set over gems. Two large cables feed into it from the ground. It has a curious sort of quality about it that brings to mind some kind of armored creature.. Nitori goes to examine it, lifting up one of the plates.

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #664 on: August 04, 2009, 06:05:51 AM »
> Press the red button

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #665 on: August 04, 2009, 06:16:03 AM »
> Press the red button

>You can't find a red button immediately, so you go to have a closer look. Then you feel a hand clamp down on your shoulder. Looking back, you see Yugi is restraining you from getting closer. "It's not for touching," she says, "and you can see it just fine from here."

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #666 on: August 04, 2009, 07:16:04 AM »
> Press Yugi's red button

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #667 on: August 04, 2009, 08:01:09 AM »
> Press Yugi's red button

>Yugi doesn't have any conveniently accessable buttons. So you press her horn, instead. "Hey, cut that out!" she says.

>_

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #668 on: August 04, 2009, 09:58:42 AM »
> "Holy....I hope that's for bedroom use only. If yes then you two need to get serious help. You could seriously poke someone's eye out with that...and a lot of other soft bits too! Don't you two play any games?"

> "Before I assist you any further, you should tell us what you're planning with that thing. I hope you're not planning anything....questionable with that. Remember the terms for my assistance. If it's for any nefarious ends..."

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #669 on: August 04, 2009, 11:21:41 AM »
> If there's evil going down. It better be Getting Down.

Pako

• Forum pessimist, chatbox optimist
« Reply #670 on: August 04, 2009, 11:58:58 AM »
The reason why i can't be more active here is because internet in Poland sucks, BUT I HAVE RETURNED TEMPORARILY.

> Ask Yuugi if she will CAVE you.

This shameful piece of shit was made by a certain Anonymous-Fairy, but is now deleted- bawwwww.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #671 on: August 04, 2009, 12:36:52 PM »
>HORN MISAIRU HASHA

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #672 on: August 04, 2009, 01:17:53 PM »
>ask Kaguya if Eirin's real name is Melchior
>nostalgia
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #673 on: August 04, 2009, 04:26:01 PM »
> "Holy....I hope that's for bedroom use only. If yes then you two need to get serious help. You could seriously poke someone's eye out with that...and a lot of other soft bits too! Don't you two play any games?"

> "Before I assist you any further, you should tell us what you're planning with that thing. I hope you're not planning anything....questionable with that. Remember the terms for my assistance. If it's for any nefarious ends..."

>Yugi grins are your first statement, and simply says, "Heh."
>"Oh, just some insurance," says Parsee. "We both know there's just too many people out there waiting in the wings to cause trouble for people just mind their own business."

> If there's evil going down. It better be Getting Down.

>Nitori doesn't look like she's well enough for such acrobatics. Really, it's kinda impressive that she's standing at all right now.

> Ask Yuugi if she will CAVE you.

>"Naw."

>HORN MISAIRU HASHA

>Haven't you learned anything from Nitori's plight?

>ask Kaguya if Eirin's real name is Melchior
>nostalgia

>Kaguya shakes her head, while giving that machine a rather distasteful look.
>After checking all the panels and adjusting a few things, Nitori looks up. "It's ready to go, Parsee. I'm gonna go lay down, alright?"
>"As you like." says Parsee as she approaches the machine. "And thank you Nitori. We'll have your pay ready shortly."
>"Goodie," mutters Nitori, as reaches the stairs, and give them a look akin to a how one would look at a mountain that sprung up in one's path overnight.

>_

Pako

• Forum pessimist, chatbox optimist
« Reply #674 on: August 04, 2009, 06:05:30 PM »
> Ask Yuugi who the other 2 devas of the mountain are.

> Stand on your hands while peeing.

This shameful piece of shit was made by a certain Anonymous-Fairy, but is now deleted- bawwwww.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #675 on: August 04, 2009, 06:53:27 PM »
> Ask Yuugi who the other 2 devas of the mountain are.

> Stand on your hands while peeing.

>"Eh, somewhere else," says Yugi. "They'll show up when they're ready, so I'd just as soon let 'em be, y'know?"
>Digestion doesn't work that way!
>Parsee takes out the Coin of Hodgman, and sets it into a recess in the machine, then closes a protective cover over it. "Finally," she says softly, then waves her hand over one of the glass-covered recesses, and mutters something you can't really make out. In response, the machine begins to emit a low hum.

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #676 on: August 04, 2009, 06:55:09 PM »
> Hum a tune to go along with it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #677 on: August 04, 2009, 07:57:15 PM »
> Hum a tune to go along with it.

>Hum. Hum. Hum. Hey, you could probably get a half decent acapella base out of this if you had Flandre around.
>The machine's humming is becoming louder, and more complex as other mechanical sounds start to join in on it. Of more immediate concern, a wispy white aura begins to manifest around Parsee. She giggles, and spreads her arms out as though inviting it.
>This prompts Rumia to stand beside Parsee and mimic her, though she gives less of a giggle and more of an incoherent distortion.

>_

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #678 on: August 04, 2009, 09:28:19 PM »
...Shit will happen. I feel it.
>If you see a massive beam of power of anything flying at Parsee, tackle her and receive it yourself.
>If you feel it's dangerous, then don't.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #679 on: August 04, 2009, 11:48:15 PM »
>If you see a massive beam of power of anything flying at Parsee, tackle her and receive it yourself.
>If you feel it's dangerous, then don't.

>There are no beams or such, but the aura around Parsee grows more intense, then flares up suddenly! Your vision is washed out in the light; you hear the others, including Yugi, cry out in surprise. You shield your eyes until the brightness flares down. When you can see again, the aura around Parsee has vanished. Her legs wobble, and she falls back. Yugi rushes forward and catches her. Parsee just sighs, and reaches behind herself to hug Yugi around the neck.
>"How do you feel, Parse?" Yugi asks.
>"How do I feel?" says Parsee, in a distant tone, as she cranes her head back and kisses Yugi under the jaw. "I feel like getting even. I feel like getting even with a whole bunch of people."
>You notice that the machine is giving off a plume of smoke.
>Quest status: Parsee's Plot completed.

>_

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #680 on: August 05, 2009, 12:27:10 AM »
Fuck, shit hits the fan.
>What was that?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #681 on: August 05, 2009, 12:35:46 AM »
>What was that?

>"Nothing much," says Parsee in a voice that sounds like she's fighting off a yawn. "I just took the coin's power."

>_

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #682 on: August 05, 2009, 12:38:23 AM »
>Mental note: If she starts speaking randomly, run like a fucker.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #683 on: August 05, 2009, 02:18:30 AM »
>Where'd we leave the proton pack again?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #684 on: August 05, 2009, 02:24:28 AM »
>Mental note: If she starts speaking randomly, run like a fucker.

>This is often a good idea whether it is Parsee or not. Then again, Rumia has yet to slit your throat.

>Where'd we leave the proton pack again?

>You traded it to Rinnosuke, if I recall correctly.
>Parsee and Yugi depart, leaving you alone in the basement.
>"This is a bad thing, isn't it?" Mystia asks softly.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #685 on: August 05, 2009, 02:38:17 AM »
>"More than likely."

>... inspect funky machine for Tellurium or whatever it was Eirin wanted

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #686 on: August 05, 2009, 02:42:30 AM »
> "I've defeated the coin once before, I can do it again, Parsee or no. I just hope I can do that before....oh Suwako, she's going to go get even...that means Reimu, Marisa, and possibly Alice, Yukari, Aya, Patchouli, Nitori, and Suika are in hot water....the closest one is Nitori, let's go make sure she's ok. Then we have to go find Marisa and Reimu, whoever's closest."

> Go find Nitori. Go find Remilia and Sakuya as well. See if Remi is still dressed as Nitori.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #687 on: August 05, 2009, 02:46:53 AM »
>"More than likely."

>... inspect funky machine for Tellurium or whatever it was Eirin wanted

>Mystia nods. "I...think I'm going to need a hug," she says to Kaguya, whom quietly administers such.
>Inspecting the machine, you find a lot of wires and such, many of which have been melted. As well, you find the chamber where Parsee placed the Hobo Penny; the coin has been reduced to a small pile of copper slag." You can see some silvery melted metal in another part of the machine that you think you can take.

> "I've defeated the coin once before, I can do it again, Parsee or no. I just hope I can do that before....oh Suwako, she's going to go get even...that means Reimu, Marisa, and possibly Alice, Yukari, Aya, Patchouli, Nitori, and Suika are in hot water....the closest one is Nitori, let's go make sure she's ok. Then we have to go find Marisa and Reimu, whoever's closest."

> Go find Nitori. Go find Remilia and Sakuya as well. See if Remi is still dressed as Nitori.

>Kaguya nods in agreement with this reasoning. Unfortunately, you don't know exactly where those people are.

>_

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #688 on: August 05, 2009, 02:57:11 AM »
> Take the silvery metal. Take as much as you can. Salvage anything else usable from your surroundings.

> Go up to Sakuya's room. Keep an eye out for Nitori as you go. "We'll be needing all the firepower we can get, just to be sure. Sakuya works for me now, technically, so I should be able to ask her to assist us. Tch...if anything happens, it'd be my fault..." Well, we don't feel any guilt, I know, but put on a tormented, haunted look, in hopes for party sympathy. And I'll be darned if only Rumia cares...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #689 on: August 05, 2009, 03:42:03 AM »
> Take the silvery metal. Take as much as you can. Salvage anything else usable from your surroundings.

> Go up to Sakuya's room. Keep an eye out for Nitori as you go. "We'll be needing all the firepower we can get, just to be sure. Sakuya works for me now, technically, so I should be able to ask her to assist us. Tch...if anything happens, it'd be my fault..." Well, we don't feel any guilt, I know, but put on a tormented, haunted look, in hopes for party sympathy. And I'll be darned if only Rumia cares...

>You collect a fist-sized chunk of silvery metal, the melted hobo penny, and a length of copper wire.
>You exit the basement chamber and make your speech, Kaguya and Mystia nodding along. Re-emerging into the library, you see Nitori sitting at the table where Patchouli once was, her face buried in her arms. She doesn't seem much worse off than when you left her.

>_